Moon Lovers

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night arrived when Nayeon and Baekhyun were walking around the small village. The walks lead them to the festival near the mountain. The festival was to celebrate the new moon arriving thus the theme was the moon. 

 

"Come and get your lucky bracelet!" 

 

Nayeon has been walking behind Baekhyun when she saw a small stall near the entrance. She quickly holds Baekhyun's sleeve as it halts the latter steps.

 

"What?" 

 

"I want that..."

 

Nayeon trails as she shows some puppy eyes to Baekhyun. He had this eyebrow raise gesture while judging her. 

 

"They just extort money from you with the name of Luck."

 

Baekhyun said after seeing the poster that was displayed at that stall. Moon bracelet for luck? What kind of sorcery is that? Nayeon however doesn't budge. She keeps making cute pouts and Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

 

"Don't blame me if you found that you get scammed."

 

He warns before walking to the stall. Nayeon was cheering by herself. Her eyes wander to the display. There are so many bracelets there. Baekhyun was not interested as he just stands behind her. 

 

"Baek... should we buy two?" 

 

"Why?" 

 

"Our couple bracelet." 

 

Baekhyun smirks when Nayeon says that before she quickly fixes her words.

 

"Friendship! We never have one."

 

She said however Baekhyun shakes his head.

 

"The ring on your finger is our token of friendship, Na. Look. I wear one too." 

 

Nayeon looks over Baekhyun's finger and true he had the same platinum ring but no diamond. Nayeon had butterflies in her stomach seeing that. Her relationship with Baekhyun had always been more than just a good relationship and the rings just make it even more special. However, Nayeon pretends to be stern.

 

"This is our engagement ring. How can you compare it with our friendship? Come on. Pick one, Baek." 

 

Baekhyun gives up as his eyes wander to the display. There are plenty of them but he finally picks one. It was a black bracelet with an anchor attached to it. Nayeon looks at the bracelet and frowns.

 

"Anchor?" 

 

"That's a good choice, Sir. This one is symbolize attachment and a never-change relationship." 

 

The seller suddenly interrupts and Nayeon had shut. Baekhyun just chuckles upon seeing her reaction before taking her right hand. Nayeon was just watching his gesture. He was putting the bracelet on her hands and Nayeon had to admit it appear pretty on her wrist as the anchor was hanging down on the bracelet. 

 

"So that our relationship will always attach no matter what. I hope you will wear it anytime and anywhere." 

 

Baekhyun said slowly. Nayeon can feel a sudden feeling in herself and she decided to brush it away. She takes her hands and turns away. 

 

"Stop... being cringe, Baek. It's just a bracelet. I thought you said it was extortion." 

 

Baekhyun snorts in response before they leave the stall. The crowd is getting larger since it's getting late at night. 

 

 

 

"I wonder, did they all like the moon that they come here?" 

 

The question comes out from Nayeon when they were on a bridge. The bridge was wide and was above a river. It has a pretty view to watch the New Moon aside from the firework that will appear once it's midnight. 

 

"Isn't Moon a new start sign?" 

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"A new start for a month within a year. New Moon symbolizes doing something new from the previous." 

 

Baekhyun said as he holds the rail of the bridge and look to the sky. Nayeon had her eyes in the same direction as Baekhyun. Something new. She was in deep thought. It does something new. She is not with Kai. She was with Baekhyun now. Someone new in her life despite they have known each other long. She glances at Baekhyun. He was mesmerizing the moon. His side view was pretty like himself. Thinking back, she had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter