A Step Closer

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A wedding is a headache. My family was on jaw drop when they heard about my upcoming wedding ceremony via phone call. They were saying it was too fast considering that I and Baekhyun didn't get engaged for at least 3 months but I dismiss them and decided to handle my own. As to why it's a headache...

 

"Baek... I don't want this." 

 

"It looks cool come on. Try it on." 

 

The wedding dress that I am wearing right now shows it's either I am going to a funeral or having no one see me on the altar. It was beautiful indeed but black. Who the hell wearing a black wedding dress at their wedding? 

 

"Aigoo.. aigooo... you look pretty, dear customer!"

 

Baekhyun makes a weird voice as if he is the staff there. I glare at him before turning my back to the fitting room. I sighed. It's been three hours since we arrived here but I have no interest at all in trying these dresses. Baekhyun end up choosing the dress for me but it was a mess. This all started because I just know that our wedding hall was getting snatched by another bride because Baekhyun forgot to pay the deposit. We also had difficulty choosing our wedding date since Baekhyun had made it clear that he want it to be as soon as possible. Thus, since it was so sudden causing most people couldn't make it to our ceremony. I had been patient from hitting him (however I did hit him on our way to this place for him joking about it). Why is getting married so hard? 

 

"Na..." 

 

Baekhyun's voice echoed as I stay inside the fitting room. I had myself feeling anxious and down. I don't want to talk to Baekhyun. He then approaches the fitting room and my eyes glare at him as he opens the curtain. 

 

"Baek what the- HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!"

 

I had myself in a fit of laughter. My eyes are now looking at Baekhyun as he was in one of the dresses which was 'perfectly' fits his body. Looking back his body was kind of pretty too. His hands had already been pretty. Baekhyun had to try it on and pose it in front of me. The stares that we got was been ignored. Baekhyun probably had thrown his embarrassment to the outside the window. 

 

"I feel like Cinderella."

 

"More like Princess Fiona."

 

I denied it while trying to hold in my laughter. I look like a crazy maniac because of Baekhyun.

 

"At least she was a princess." 

 

Baekhyun said as he keeps posing. I give up on hold in my laughter and keep laughing seeing him doing a different kinds of poses. Unconsciously, my worries had been washed away. Baekhyun walks closer to me as he stands in front of me. He lows his body as his voice comes out calmly. As always Baekhyun had the power of calming me down. 

 

"Na... whatever happens, I will still be marrying you anyways. Cheer up. This was supposed to be fun." 

 

"I... am nervous, Baekhyun. This is my first time."

 

"And you expect I am not? when they told me that I forgot to pay the hall deposit, I can only imagine Kim Nayeon's wrath." 

 

I glare at him as soon as I remember about it. Baekhyun then point at me as if he just witness something horror.

 

"That! That look! Scary!" 

 

"Crazy Baekhyun." 

 

I said as I roll my tongue to him. He ignored it. He then sits beside me. He takes my hands and holds them. Again he was speaking softly. 

 

"First-time isn't always meant to be perfect. If it goes wrong, we can always get married twice, triple, or whenever you want to walk down the aisle." 

 

"You sound like wanting to marry more than once." 

 

"Marrying the same person more than once sounds better," Baekhyun said as he winks. I softly slap his cheeks and giggle as he reacts dramatically again. Baekhyun then stood up. I look at him. 

 

"I got us a wedding planner just now. The hall will be sponsored by my friend and the wedding dress... Someone will take it to you a day before the event so you can choose." 

 

I wrinkle my forehead. Baekhyun had his proud smug as I stare at him.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, did you threaten people?" 

 

Baekhyun had this offended face as he pretend to be hurt.

 

"Ouch! Na... that hurt!" 

 

I once again roll my eyes before Baekhyun takes my hands and makes me stand up. He looks at me.

 

"Our wedding is important. How could I let you manage it alone? Also, Nini was the one helping us."  

 

I smiles as Baekhyun explained. I then give him a peck and his eyes widen. He looks at me before whining like a child.

 

"Unfair! You kiss me without warning, Na!" 

 

He then tries to kiss me as he holds my hands from shielding my face before I once again slap him slowly.

 

"Wait till the wedding, you idiot!" 

 

 

 

A good amount of time passed, and it was the day when Nayeon and Baekhyun are getting married. The hall was full of a good amount of guests despite it being a rush wedding.

 

"You look pretty, darling."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter