Unspoken Emotions

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nayeon, are you okay?" 

 

Nayeon turns her head to Yerin who looks at her concern. The youngest Park had been talking to her for some time as they were discussing the new collection that Yerin had planned for her collaboration with Nayeon. Nayeon had been daydreaming all day after she arrived at the boutique. Nayeon looks miserable. She can't stop thinking about what happened this morning. Why Baekhyun didn't listen to her? Why did he leave her when she was trying to explain? It's like Nayeon is seeing someone different this morning. Nayeon was in silence as Yerin then hold her hands as she speak with sarcasm as usual when it comes to Baekhyun. 

 

"Byun Baekhyun finally did a dirt huh?" 

 

"Rin, I don't like you talking like that about him."

 

Nayeon said defensively to Yerin which caused the latter to blink her eyes over Nayeon's response. She then chuckles in disbelief. 

 

"Married people are scary." 

 

 

 

Yerin mumbles and leans against the couch before Nayeon looks at Yerin. Her eyes were wavery. A pang of sudden guilt hits her. Yerin does nothing and has no relation to her problem. Nayeon sounds apologetic afterward. 

 

"Rin, I am sorry. It's just I am having too many thoughts and you mentioned Baekhyun so I kind of overreact."

 

"So it does about him." 

 

Yerin said figuring things out like the quick-witted she is. Yerin doesn't mind about Nayeon's response just now since she knows that Nayeon did not mean what she said earlier. Nayeon nods her head slowly. She was being obvious, isn't she? Yerin looks at Nayeon long. She opens again. 

 

"Did you guys fight or something? It's weird to see your ugly frowning unless it's about Baekhyun." 

 

Nayeon sighs as she also leans against the couch with Yerin looking at her carefully. 

 

"Nayeon?" 

 

"You did see the news today right, Rin? Baekhyun saw it and when I tried to explain, he just leave the house." 

 

Yerin was listening as Nayeon told her about the gossip that happening. She remembers now. It was some weird gossip about Nayeon and a famous actor. Yerin however didn't believe it. Nayeon then told her about the media play on the gossip and who the actor is to Nayeon. Yerin wonders who is the people who take the pictures of Nayeon and spread them to the public? Also, how can the entertainment agency confirm the relationship without telling the party involved? 

 

"Baekhyun didn't listen to me, Rin. It was like he is a different person." 

 

"He does huh?" 


 
Yerin was looking at Nayeon pitifully. She feel sympathy towards Nayeon who had herself in a worried expression. She exactly knows why Baekhyun is acting like that. This girl in front of her had just discovered a new side of Baekhyun. Yerin's voice once again echoed.

 

"It must be that thing again." 

 

"That thing?" 

 

Nayeon was frowning. Yerin chuckles over her frown. Nayeon seems clueless. Yerin can't hold it any longer. She probably had to take some matters into her own hands. She silently prayed to heaven that Baekhyun wouldn't kill her for telling Nayeon about that thing. It's been years long and she can't just watch anymore. She takes a breath before starting to explain to Nayeon.

 

"Byun Baekhyun has a habit of running away from his problems. Five years ago, he did the same thing when you dated another guy." 

 

 

 

Nayeon's eyes were blanking. She was looking at Yerin as she was listening. Her reaction is unreadable. Yerin looks at Nayeon. She doesn't expect any reaction from Nayeon yet. She was silent as she let Yerin's words continue instead. 

 

"Five years ago, you date someone named Kai, right? He was one of your coursemates." 

 

Nayeon nods. Kai was taking the same course as her as his elective course and that's how they meet each other every week. Yerin continues.

 

"Baekhyun was in his rock bottom phase at that time. His best friend was dating someone else and his father ditch him. He was becoming an alcoholic."

 

Yerin said and that fact again made Nayeon shocked. How did she didn't know about Baekhyun despite they were together for some time before? Yerin once again remembers what happened to them years ago... She seems down too.

 

"I and Chanyeol had to move to States because of our family. Baekhyun found out about it and break up with me. He was going to tell you about his father but he saw you getting proposed by your boyfriend. He was feeling broken again that time." 

 

Nayeon was once again stunned. Baekhyun saw her with Kai? That's why he disappeared before. He was alone with no one with him. She looks down. The newfound facts had hit her. Yerin holds her hand as she tries to calm Nayeon down. Despite its being years, Nayeon probably was not aware of it. Yerin continues her words. 

 

"He runs to Busan and meets Sehun. Sehun was the one who teach Baekhyun horse riding and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter