His Trust Worth

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Abeoji..." 


His eyes were wavery. Did he come at the wrong time? Did he see the wrong thing? Baekhyun wish he did but he didn't. He wasn't supposed to open that door. No, he wasn't supposed to be there yet fate seems like leading him to it. The room was dark yet Baekhyun can clearly see what is happening in front of his eyes. He saw that his father was closing his eyes as he in deep sleep while there was a woman was next to him. Baekhyun then steps in before he pulls the blanket away revealing those two people in the most despicable way. Baekhyun looks away as he feels disgusted.

 

"Hyun?" 

 

His father was half awake after that. His voice was husky and sore. That woman was also in the same state. Baekhyun stares at his father afterward. What Baekho told him was playing in his head repeatedly and loud.

 

'Hyun... the operation failed. Mama has no time left. Tell abeoji to come right now. Mama wanted to see him.' 

 

His mother is dying. She was fighting her illness yet his father was not feeling guilty at all for leaving her at that time. Anger was overwhelming Baekhyun at that time as he had his hand in his fist. Unconsciously, he lunged at the older Byun as he hits him. His father then fell to the side of the bed. The older one is now fully awake. The woman yelled as she saw the situation. Baekhyun was ignoring her yelling. 

 

"What the ?!"

 

His father cursed. Baekhyun had himself on top of the older as his vein was almost popping out, his eyes were red and his voice was high. 

 

"Your wife is ing dying! And you already have another beside you? Is this what are you doing to her, bastard?!" 

 

His father was silenced. Baekhyun's words hit him hard. He knew he had made a mistake, but he didn't expect his son to find out like this. He tried to speak, but Baekhyun cut him off.

 

"I can't believe you! How could you do this to Mama? To us? You're supposed to be a role model, but you're just a cheater and a liar!"

 

Baekhyun's voice was shaking with anger and disappointment. His father looked at him with a mixture of guilt and regret.

 

"Hyun... "

 

Baekhyun didn't want to hear any excuses. He pushed himself off his father and walked towards the door. The old man was still dazed.

 

"You can explain yourself to Mama when she wakes up. I'm leaving."

 

His father tried to stop him, but Baekhyun was already out of the room. He didn't know where he was going, but he needed to get away from that house and his father's betrayal. Byun Baekhyun had never thought he would get hurt starting from his mother's death and his father's infidelity.

 

 

 

Baekhyun's gaze shifted back to the sky, his mind still empty and burdened by the weight of his emotions. It seemed like another pointless argument with his father, who unjustly blamed him for his alcoholism. Frustrated, he abruptly ended the call while his father's anger still lingered. Baekhyun couldn't help but smirk to himself. Spending five hundred thousand on alcoholic drinks wouldn't fix his broken self. If anything, his father should be grateful that he hadn't turned to drugs instead. It was his fault that Baekhyun had turns to the dark side of his life. His teenage age was crumbles and in misery that his father even has to send him to Gyeonggi-do so that Nini can take care of him.

 

"Baekhyun... Chanyeol and I are moving to the States. Our father needs us during this time."

 

His head turned as he noticed the person who was with him on the rooftop that day. His gaze shifted towards Yerin, his eyes devoid of any emotion. It was the anniversary of his mother's death, and here he was, drowning his sorrows in alcohol. He let out a bitter chuckle, convinced that misfortune was following him that day. He reached for the bottle again, intending to continue his drinking spree, but Yerin intervened, her eyes filled with concern and guilt.

 

"Baekhyun, did you hear what I just said?"

 

Baekhyun looked at Yerin, his chuckles subsiding. There was something about the way Chanyeol and Yerin shared a similar look, a look that could never keep Baekhyun angry for long. He smirked then, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

 

"Let's just break up then."

 

Yerin fell silent, trying to decipher his emotions, but understanding Baekhyun was always a challenge, especially in moments like these.

 

"We only got together to avoid people assuming that your brother and I are gay, right? Besides, you don't love me, do you, Rin?"

 

Yerin's eyes flared with anger and anxiety. Baekhyun's chuckles only made it easier for her to read his emotions. Her voice grew sharp and low.

 

"This was all just a cover, wasn't it? I saw it. She was with someone else. You saw it too."

 

Yerin had indeed witnessed Nayeon being proposed to by a stranger. The sight had brought joy to Nayeon, but it had shattered Baekhyun's heart. Yerin was enraged that Nayeon, who claimed to be Baekhyun's best friend, failed to notice his feelings. Baekhyun fell silent, his gaze once again drifting toward the sky. Unsatisfied, Yerin confronted him.

 

"We don't have to break up, Baekhyun. You'll be fine."

 

He didn't respond instead he continued to drink, his thirst seemingly unquenchable. Yerin waited, her eyes fixed on Baekhyun's tormented form. And then, he smirked again. How ironic this day had turned out to be.

 

On the anniversary of his mother's death, his father had chosen to act like the perfect father by scolding Baekhyun for his drinking. Baekhyun had planned to confide in Nayeon about his father, who had already cast him out of the family. But now, Nayeon was being proposed to by the very person Baekhyun despised, and Yerin and Chanyeol were leaving him behind. 

 

The life of Byun Baekhyun was filled with overwhelming sadness. All these emotions, the ones he thought he had lost, now weighed on him like pain, sadness, and numbness. Finally, Baekhyun stood up after keeping Yerin waiting for what felt like an eternity. Determined, he made up his mind. If he had to endure the pain, he would. He turned to Yerin, his eyes dark and his voice steady, yet tinged with bitterness.

 

"I have someone I care about, Rin. And that person is slipping away from my life. So what's the point of trying to be fine when all I can do is cling to her fading shadow?"

 

"You're being foolish. You could just stay with me," she argued, desperation creeping into her voice. But Baekhyun looked at Yerin once again, his smile bitter.

 

"No, Rin. Because I've always been a fool for her."

 

Baekhyun had spent years being a fool for Nayeon, hoping for something more than friendship. Has he ever regretted it? No, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter