Love is Sick Girl

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeon... I am so sorry for asking you this favor last minute. My stylist suddenly has to admit to the hospital." 


Suho's voice echoed within the boutique as Nayeon was looking at the clothes hung in the wardrobe in the boutique. 


"It's okay, Suho." 


Nayeon answers her stepbrother as Suho is walking around the boutique. He had his mask and hat open as he enter the store since there was no one aside from him and Nayeon inside the store. It was too early for the boutique to be open. Suho had asked Nayeon to help him with his outfit for his shooting today and she was glad to help him out. Suho then glances at her. His voice comes out slowly. 


"Yeon, you look different. A bit..."


"Glowing?" 


Nayeon continues as Suho nods like a child. Everyone has been saying the same and even Minseok and Yixing who just meet her also told her the same. Nayeon chuckles before replying to him. 


"Everyone has been saying the same, Suho. I gladly accept the praise." 


"For real, Yeon. You look prettier and happy."


Suho trails. Nayeon looks much better after she gets married. Suho knows how the relationship between Nayeon and their family was rocky and not close despite their parents having been married for so long. Thanks to Nayeon's husband, Baekhyun who invited them to their wedding that his step-sister was starting to warm out. He was grateful for that and was hoping that they getting closer in the future. Nayeon then smiles before she climbs the ladder as she tries to take clothes that have similar in size to Suho's measurements. Suho was looking around as Nayeon looks for the outfits that she found fitting Suho's vibe as an actor. Nayeon was a bit short and she can't reach the clothes as she found herself her arms swinging around trying to reach the clothes. Suddenly she miss her steps and she almost fell. She yelps a little as she closes her eyes. She was sure she would hit the floor however it didn't happen. 


"Arghh!" 


"Yeon!" 

 

 

 

Thank god Suho catch her. The position was as if she hugs him. Suho was protecting her with her right arm around Suho's neck and his face was so close to hers. Nayeon can feel his breath as her face is red. How embarrassing! She is not even that close yet to Suho. Nayeon had a smaller body thus it is easier for Suho to catch her. Nayeon opens her eyes slowly so that she can feel less embarrassed as her stepbrother is holding her tight. Suho slowly lets Nayeon goes as she stands. Her voice comes out a bit shaky probably from the shock of falling. 


"Thanks, Suho."


"Most welcome. You should be careful next time, Yeon." 


Suho said as Nayeon was silenced for a while. Her left hand is holding her back. Her back feels sore and her stomach feels cramps out of nowhere as if someone just put pressure on the front part of her body, especially her stomach. Suho looks at her concern. Nayeon was unconsciously frowning. His voice come out worried. Did the fall cause injury to Nayeon? It was quite a high fall.


"Yeon, are you okay?" 


"I... I am fine just a bit shocked." 


Nayeon said as she tries to smile to not worry her stepbrother. Suho however still has his concerned look but Nayeon dismissed him as she looks at him with a forced smile. She was holding her stomach tightly without Suho knowing. Her mind was losing its focus as she hold her stomach which was in pain. She has been sick so much lately. What is going on with her? 

 

 

 

"Na, is everything okay? You look pale."


Baekhyun asked when he comes to her boutique that evening. Baekhyun had found out about her weak condition as Seojin accidentally spill about her condition while he was calling her during the lunch hour. He was worrying about her as she confesses that she feels too tired and dizzy to drive by herself. Nayeon had her head up looking at him since she was having her head laid on the table. She then bitter smile trying to convince him that she is fine before had her head back to the table. Baekhyun quickly walks to her and sits beside her. His breath was hitting her face indicating that he was close to her. His hands were quickly touching her forehead again. The latter then frowned.


"Na, your body feels hot." 


"Uhmm.." 


Nayeon has no words as she had no energy left. Her voice was as if been held back. Her whole body feels sore and she feels too lazy to look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighed before his voice come out a bit loud calling Nayeon's assistant who was preparing to go home. 


"Seojin!" 


"Yes, Mr Byun?" 


Seojin quickly come to him as she was going to return home. Baekhyun then looks at her before asking. The look of concern was kind of obvious on his face. 


"Did she takes her meds?" 


"No. Miss Kim said she just need some sleep after she fell today."


Seojin said with full honesty. Baekhyun found himself wrinkling his forehead. 


"Fell?" 


Baekhyun was surprised afterward. Nayeon almost fell? Baekhyun himself glare at her who still had her head down. This girl had never would tell him if she was sick or in pain. Nayeon had the habit of hiding it from him. It went way back before they even married.

 

 

 

"Na, I found this good cafe to try their new strawberry juice!" 


Baekhyun was excited about their little cafe hanging out plan. He was browsing the cafe's social media to gain more information. He like strawberries and he was looking for so many places just to taste the delicacy of strawberries. However, the response that he wanted from his best friend didn't come. Baekhyun turns his head just to see that she was closing her eyes. He looks at her before he shakes his head disbelieving in her lack of reaction. Baekhyun then smirks as a naughty idea just come to his brain. He comes closer to her and almost flicks Nayeon's forehead before he halts his action. She was different. Baekhyun can feel that. His eyes then went a bit panicky. 


"Na... are you okay?" 


Baekhyun asked, concerned. His voice was worried about her. Nayeon tried to brush it off. She doesn't like how he would meddle in her business that much. Not when Kai was hating his guts and she has no energy to fight with him if he saw what Baekhyun is doing to her right now. 


"I'm fine, just a little dizzy."


Baekhyun wasn't convinced. "Let's go to the infirmary, just to be sure."


Nayeon hesitated for a moment before she shakes her head. "No, thanks."


Baekhyun glared at her as she was ignoring him. He then smirks again. Does Nayeon think that he will listen to her? She then yelps.


"Baek!" 


"Shut up. I am going to cure you, Na."


"Baekhyun! Put me down!" 


She said as her voice was panicky but Baekhyun don't give a as he walks past their junior and the students around the university as she was being carried by him. They went to the infirmary and the nurse was looking at them with curious eyes. Baekhyun then put Nayeon's body on the nearest bed. She pout her lips afterward. A habit of hers that soon becomes Baekhyun's favorite that only comes when she is sick. 


"Nurse! My friend here is sick. Can you check in with her?" 


His voice comes out soft and gentle. The nurse was probably a fan of Baekhyun or something as she then walks to her with a smile which was rare for the university nurse to act so. The nurse then check on her and ran some tests on Nayeon. After a few minutes, she turned to Baekhyun with concern in her eyes.


"Her temperature is quite high. I will give some meds to cool her temperature down but if she didn't recover, bring her to the hospital soon." 


Nayeon felt her heart drop. Her condition was that serious? She glance at Baekhyun who was listening to the nurse seriously. She looks away. Her stubbornness is what lead her to this. She was busy with her and Baekhyun's pair project and despite Baekhyun did help her but she was doing her best for it. She didn't realize she was stressed and losing her appetite too before falling sick. Baekhyun turned to her as she can feel some tears were going to fall. She has made Baekhyun worried for no reason and might burden him with their workload. Baekhyun however didn't get mad at her. He was coming closer as he stands beside her. His voice once again reaches her ears. 


"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked softly.


Nayeon looked down at her hands, ashamed. "I thought I could handle it on my own."


Baekhyun took her hand in his and squeezed it gently. "Stupid girl. We're in this together, no matter what. You are free to tell me anything, Kim Nayeon but don't ever fell sick." 

 

He then wiped her tears as she nods like the obedient child she is. From that day on, Nayeon had always tried her best to be healthy. She doesn't want to see worry and concern face of Baekhyun over her. It was like something weird and painful for her yet once again she meet with that face of his now as he is her husband. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter