Fading Shadows

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon opens her eyes that morning before she stretched her body. It feels much better after a long night. She takes a breath before turning to her right. A frown appear as she saw the empty side next to her. Unconsciously a pout appears.

 
'Where did he go?' 


Nayeon mumbles. She doesn't know why but she had been clinging to Baekhyun than ever. Baekhyun had always laid beside her every morning as he would with his touchy hands and kisses while hugging her claiming that it is for his morning booster. Nayeon rolls herself again as she stares at the ceiling. Her mind had so many thoughts. She touches her forehead as she once again feels relief. She was glad to have Baekhyun beside her last night. He had been diligently checking on her and despite Nayeon can't open her eyes properly, she saw how Baekhyun had been putting a wet towel on her forehead while patting her head various times. 

 

 

 

"Uhmm..." 


She was still mumbling. The headache is lessened but she doesn't feel comfortable. Baekhyun was still awake as he was looking at her for some time now. 


"Na, your fever isn't going away..."

 

His voice went soft yet was worried last night. Nayeon was silent as she knows she was having a lot of sweat along with the heat. Baekhyun sighed before he took the towel to wet it again. Nayeon however halts his movement as she looks at him with half-closed eyes. 


"Baek..." 


He smiles as he looks at her with that pair of beautiful eyes. Nayeon hides her smile. He had his hand put her hair to the side. 


"Yes?" 


"Do you love me?" 


The question was out of nowhere as Nayeon looks at Baekhyun. She might not be in her best mind right now however the question just come through her mind. She had already said that she love him but Nayeon then realise Baekhyun had never told her that he loves her. Is this man in front of her love her like she does? She was hoping to hear from him. Nayeon then was anticipating his answer however his genuine smile was the response that she gets. 


"Let's sleep, shall we? So the fever goes away..." 


A pout appears right after that as Nayeon closes her eyes. Baekhyun then puts her hands together as he then kisses her forehead. 

 

 


Last night, Nayeon didn't get the answer that she wants. She knows that Baekhyun had always been nice to her, he has even been protecting her and genuinely care for her, and that's why she finally confessed to him however now that she is aware Baekhyun had never told her that he loves her. Is he even love her to begin with? Nayeon shakes her head. She shouldn't think so much. Their newfound relationship is still new besides it's awkward to change what they have before to something new. Nayeon told herself. Baekhyun's act of service was already enough for her. They were already married and that fact itself already easing Nayeon's mind.


'It's okay...'


Nayeon comforted herself. As long as Baekhyun is with her, she is fine. Nayeon once again stares at the ceiling. The morning seems different today. 

 

 

 

The coffee was brewing well as the pot near it was boiling the porridge. Some vegetables are being chopped near the sink as he was looking at the recipe that he googled earlier. His back then leaned against the cabinet. His mind was having a flashback that he doesn't want to remember...

 

 


 
"Ma..." 


Young Baekhyun walks to his mother's side as the older was laying down with so many wires attached to her. His eyes were back to wet as he wiped them fast. He can't break down now. Not in front of her. 


"Hyun... my baby." 


She smiles. Baekhyun was also smiling. His mother had always had the prettiest smile of all. She was the sunshine, the angel that he has been fond of. It was a pity that she had fallen sick at such a young age. Her hand touches his cheeks as she holds him close.


"Poor my baby... you had to take care of me." 


Baekhyun unconsciously pouts as he then pushes her body a little. He looks at her sternly.


"You don't need to say that, Ma... I am always here for you." 


She looks at him long. Mrs. Byun was proud. Baekhyun might not be the daughter that she and her husband wanted but he had always been a good kid to them. Her hand was holding him longer. She will never know when will she get to touch him again. Her voice came out playfully as she .


"Oho... look who is a big boy now?" 


Baekhyun chuckles before he once again lowing his body to hug her. Her voice then come out again with a bit shaky yet she was hugging him tighter. 


"Hyun..." 


"Yes, Ma?"

 

Baekhyun's voice went even softer. His mother had always been nice to him despite his dad despising him for n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter