Shattered Heart

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Be careful, you are still in the early stage of your pregnancy, Love." 

 

Kai said when I was going to go down from the bed as I already feel fine. Yerin had gone out to settle my discharge from the hospital. I look at him as he was watching my steps. His eyes were soft at that time. The rare time when Kim Kai had himself looking at me.

 

"Can you please don't call me that?"

 

Kai turns his head to me as I finally talk to him after ignoring his existence. Doesn't he have work to do around the hospital? He suddenly smugs like an idiot.

 

"You don't like me to look at you right, Love?"

 

"Kai..." 

 

My voice went low. He just chuckles before stepping back and letting me move. His eyes however were wavery. His gesture was as if he was in contemplating his next action. He then takes a breath as his voice comes out slowly afterward.

 

"Nayeon... I am... sorry for what happened between us before. For what I do to you and our relationship." 

 

I looked at him in surprise. Kai had never apologized to me before. I could feel that he was sincere as he was lowering his body and looking at me again as if he was in proposing position.

 

"It's okay, Kai. We've moved on from that," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

 

Kai shook his head. "No, it's not okay. I was a terrible boyfriend to you, and I regret it every day. I know I can't change the past, but it's never late for forgiveness right?"

 

He sounds genuine at that time. I was amazed. Kai was known as a guy who has the highest ego even while we are dating. He would never tolerate anything or anyone who comes into his way which why he vows to ruin my and Baekhyun's relationship before. And with his apologies now, I feel that he had lowered his ego at that time. 

 

"It's never late for it, Kai. I was by mistake too. I could have discussed this properly with you. I also hurt you when we are in a relationship but instead of confronting you, I went to another person instead." 

 

I said as I admit my fault. Kai had every right to be jealous before and yet I also owe him an apology. His reaction then changed as he smile at me reminiscing on how he managed to get my heart before. Yes, Kai had a pretty smile as he was also a sweet-spoken guy. He had always been a nice person however his temper and ego had ruined his whole personality. I could only hope there would be someone that can be with him and eventually turns him into a better person. 

 

"I should have done this earlier. Maybe I wouldn't lose you, Nayeon." 

 

I was silenced instead as he looks at me in regret. There are so many things that happened between Kai and me yet it was all our past. He smile afterward and sounds cheery as he stands again. 

 

"Then.. as we are moving on from the past, I hope we can be friends again with no bad blood. I wish for it, Nayeon." 

 

I felt a lump form in my throat as Kai's words sank in. This was the man I had loved for years, and despite everything that had happened between us, I still cared for him deeply since he was also my friend during my thick and thin. Kai had always been a good supporting system to me despite how many times my heart broke because of him. 

 

"I appreciate that, Kai," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "But for us to be friends might take time. Especially when Baekhyun doesn't like me to be close to you plus we need to take things slow. I don't want to rush into anything."

 

His face turns into a subtle frown before he then nodded. "I understand. I just want you to know I always will be that friend who will support you, no matter what."

 

We stood in silence for a few moments, both lost in our thoughts. Then Kai spoke up again.

 

"Now... my friend. Take care of your little baby. Kai-chun can't wait to see you around."

 

He teased as he look at my flat stomach. I chuckle. He then turns around and leaves me who was looking at his shadow disappear from behind the walls. My heart feels at ease than ever. Maybe meeting Kai today isn't a bad idea at all?

 

 

 

"You look happy, Nayeon."

 

Yerin said while we were on our way home. She has been curious about what Kai had told me but I decided to not tell her so does anyone else. I smile as I look over my belly once again. Thinking about wanting to tell Baekhyun and letting him be the first one to know about our little blessing. 

 

"Are you not telling me, Nayeon? I thought we were already best friends. I guess not?" 

 

She said with her usual sarcasm. I responded to her as I shakes my head.

 

"I will tell you later, Rin. For now, let it be a secret." 

 

Yerin rolls her eyes before she speaks again. "You are just the same as Sehun. Weirdo with secrets." 

 

I chuckle as her fiancé's name comes out of after a while. Yerin's eyes then diverted to the outside of the window when our car ride went quiet after that. We finally reach my house. Yerin drop me off before she waves at me afterward. I wave back with a smile. 

 

'I am sorry Yerin but Baekhyun has to be the first one to know before you.' I mumble as I walk into the house with excitement. 

 

 

 

I look inside the house and found Baekhyun's car there. My smile went even bigger. Baekhyun had always returned late despite his promise to return home early and today is just a perfect rare day where Baekhyun is home now. I walk into the house with excitement. I saw a figure sitting in the living room. It was Baekhyun who was still in his office attire. It was a white shirt fitting with a black slack. The black necktie was let loose and the upper button of his shirt was open. It looks like he has been sitting there for some time.

 

"Baek, you are home." 

 

I called as soon I saw him. My voice was cheerful as I went close to him. I had been happy since I got back from the hospital and decided to share the news with Baekhyun now. I am excited about his reactions. I hugged him from behind as he was sitting. His body however was hardened. I saw that Baekhyun's face was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter