Drunken Truth

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is Byun Baekhyun causing problems, Nayeon?" 
 


Nayeon was in a daze as Yerin's voice echoed. Nayeon eyes wonder at the girl in front of her. Yerin decided to visit her again after Nayeon has been appointed as Park Legacy's new partner following her win during the fashion night thus Nayeon is now working with Yerin in the fashion business. Yerin's visit is not unfamiliar to her other visit. Today again she was looking sophisticated as she arrived at the boutique. Yerin was looking at Nayeon when she realise the girl was silent as if in deep thought.
 


"No, I am fine, Rin."
 


Nayeon shakes her head however Yerin seems didn't buy her gesture.
 


"I see that Byun Baekhyun hasn't changed since their university days. Do I have to smack his head for you?" Yerin said as if she going to smack Baekhyun for real. Nayeon just shakes her head before trailing. 
 


"Ermm. Rin..." 
 


"Yes?" 

 

 

Nayeon was hesitant. She shouldn't mix personal matters and work but since Yerin has brought up the topic, Nayeon would like to have the answer to one of the questions she has. Maybe it can help her sort out her ongoing problem. 
 


"Can I ask you something?" 
 


"Sure. Ask me, Nayeon." 
 


Yerin looks at Nayeon as she was waiting for her words. 
 


"How was your relationship with Baekhyun?" 

 

Laughs. 

Laughter echoed inside the boutique as Yerin look at Nayeon. She was half laughing and amused with her.
 


"If I was a man, I would be totally scared of you, Nayeon. Straightforwardly confronting my ex-girlfriend." 


 
Nayeon doesn't know how to react to that. Yerin then slows down her laughter as she looks at Nayeon like those evil girls in drama.
 


"You know what? In drama... this is where the will spread lies to the heroine. Chaos starting from there." 
 


"I will be the one who determines if it's a lie or not, Rin." 

 

 

Nayeon stressed her tone. She doesn't like how Yerin would talk when it's come to Baekhyun. It's always her sarcasm and the sassy way that make Nayeon kind of pissed off. Despite they have come to a truce but Yerin would always try to throw her under the bus. Their friendship is still rocky for Nayeon. Yerin on the other side had herself looking at the girl in front of her. 
 


"Amazing. Byun Baekhyun had made a wise choice for the first time in his sad life to marry you, Nayeon."  
 


"You seem to hate him." 
 


Nayeon said since Yerin addressed Baekhyun harshly. She also realizes that Yerin never properly talks about Baekhyun. When she first met Yerin, the youngest Park didn't even in the slightest happy when talking about her ex-boyfriend. Yerin chuckles as she leans against the couch. 
 


"Try dating him for some time. I bet you will leave him within 3 days." 
 


"Married already." 
 


Nayeon waves her wedding ring and that makes Yerin once again laugh. Her laughter make Nayeon was laughing too. Yerin can be such a good company sometimes. Oh, the love-and-hate relationship she had with the young Park. Yerin then speaks as if she drowns in memory. 
 


"Baekhyun was a jerk. A jerk with a warm heart." 
 


Nayeon was agreeing as she nods. Baekhyun had the tsundere attitude that Nayeon herself could confirm after years of being his friend. Yerin continues.
 


"My brother always hanging out with him. I bet you heard about that gay rumor. It was me who spread it. Heck, Chanyeol even gets dumped by his stupid girlfriend thanks to that."

 

 

 

Nayeon ain't even surprised. Nayeon was also one of the people who almost believe the rumor thanks to how widely it was spread. she remembered how Baekhyun was being dumped by his fangirls who believe the rumors. It was so severe that the university have to address it. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun even had to sit far from each other in class. Thinking back it was that bad and funny thanks to Chanyeol's sister who spread the rumors. Nayeon looks at Yerin. She looked proud as she reminisced about her glory days.
 


"About your question, aren't you knowing him better than me, Nayeon? Chanyeol said Baekhyun can't even stay for hangout since he always using you as an excuse to skip it. I wonder if that's a lie or truth?" 
 


"I bet that's a lie."
 


"A lie that turns truth. I always saw you two walking back from classes."
 


"You saw us? It was just him so persistent on following me around." Nayeon rebuts and Yerin didn't react to that. She continues her story.
 


"My relationship with him was just full of love and hate. Let me confess that I am the one who makes him my boyfriend. A bit of chokehold and he is my boyfriend already."
 


"You chokehold him?" 

 

 

 

Nayeon blinks her eyes and Yerin once again smirked. Oh, this girl was so proud of her actions.
 


"He was so determined to be single until marriage. Of course, I wouldn't let that slide. He becomes my boyfriend for a good two months." 
 


Nayeon once again blinked as if Yerin just tell a glorious story. Yerin looks at Nayeon long. There's more in her heart that she would tell Nayeon and she then sounds kind of disappointed. 
 


"I wish I could stay longer than that but it's Byun Baekhyun that we talking about here. He disappeared after breaking up with me for one week." 
 


That one-week disappearance story again. Even Yerin talks about it. That had Nayeon in curiosity. What does Baekhyun hide? What happened in that one week he disappeared? 


 
"Nayeon, if Baekhyun did some dirty dirt on you or being such a jerk again, do tell me. It's not even a chokehold, I probably will make him kneel." 


 
Nayeon chuckles as Yerin looks determined. Yerin has a hate-and-love relationship with Baekhyun. Yerin also seems to cherish their new profound relationship. Does it hurt to give her a chance? Nayeon had decided. 
 


"You are a nice person, Rin," Nayeon said as a compliment as she looks at her.


 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter