The Bittersweet Strawberry

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where am I even going? I would never know. The walk was tiring. I finally give up as I reach an empty bus stop. My tears are drying as I cried the whole way. I look down and I can see my feet are swollen. I hold my stomach feeling sorry for my baby. 


'Baby, mummy is so sorry that you have to walk with mummy. I am so mad at your dad that I forgot you are with me.'


I mumble as my voice sores. I then had to hold in the pain as I massage my foot. It's so red since I wear heels. I sighed. It is going to be a long night for me. I don't even know where to go. My heart was feeling heavy yet it still hurt. I can't believe what Baekhyun had just said to me. How can those harsh words come out from his mouth? Why he didn't give me any chance to explain myself? Where did the soft and understanding Baekhyun go? All that thought has no answer and it went to drain. My chest feels short and my head starts to spin. I close my eyes to calm down yet I can feel that my eyes were red from crying. Tears are ready to fall again before I can hear engine sounds in front of me. I turn my head. A red Ferrari pulled up in front of me before I saw a familiar figure rolling down their windows. I meet with their eyes. They look as cold as ever.


"Miss Nayeon,"

 

That person said in a monotone voice. I stare at him before his name comes out from my mouth.


"Oh Sehun."

 

 

 

"Thanks for the ride." 


I said after ten minutes inside his luxury car. The interior was just as luxurious as I imagined it would be. Sehun was just quiet. Ten minutes ago he managed to convince me to ride with him. He did it so easily that I hesitated for a moment, unsure if I should accept his offer. I knew Sehun was friends with Baekhyun and didn't want to cause any trouble but I also didn't want to wait for the bus in my current state. The silence had make me stare to the outside instead. I might have forgotten for a moment. This man besides me hates me. Why did I accept his offer to ride with him? Sehun probably are seeing me as a pathetic and sad person just like Baekhyun is. 


"You shouldn't leave the house at this hour." 


I turn head as soon as I heard him. He was looking straight to the front and didn't turns to me at all. I sighed. 


"There's the reason that I left. I just need some time." I said and didn't look at Sehun too. 


"You know..." He trails. His voice was calm. His words continue. 


"There's also a reason for what happened and how a person becomes like that." 


"What do you mean?" 


I asked as his words perked my interest. He didn't react instead he was smirking by himself. I unconsciously pout. He didn't answer me and the atmosphere in the car was tense. Neither of us spoke a word after that. I couldn't help but feel intimidated by Sehun's cold demeanor. It is still a long way between me and Sehun. 


"Where are we going?" 

 

 


I once again asked as we are stopping near a traffic light. Sehun finally turns his head to me as his eyes were looking at me. He might be cold however Sehun eyes said something else. It was a hint of something that he had been holding in. I was right as he instead asked me back.


"Where are you going, Miss Nayeon?" 


"I don't know, Sehun. You are the one who driving the car." I said as I was annoyed with his talk. He is the one who invites me yet here he is asking me where I am going. He once again chuckles as he speaks again.


"Then just chill. We are going to go to where I am going." 


He said as the car moved again. I was once again silent. Looks like Sehun doesn't want to talk so much with me thus the silence occupied our ride. The car then are stopping in front of a big villa that was beige in color. The gate was closed yet the exterior was still lighting up. I was fast to once again open my mouth. 


"Who's house is this, Sehun..."


I trail as the gate opened. I didn't expect I would appear there. Yerin greeted us at the door. She was wearing a one-piece pajamas and her face aren't amused at all.


"Oh Sehun." 


Yerin called from the outside. I can hear Sehun snickering as he rolls down the window on my side. I was taken aback as Yerin's eyes went bigger after that. 


"Nayeon?" 


I swear only confusion lingering between all of us at that time as I awkwardly looked at Yerin.


"Hi?" 

 

 


"This guy pick you up?" 


Yerin said as we were in the kitchen that morning. I already changed my clothes into the ones that Yerin give me. Despite Yerin was looking at me full of questions last night but she didn't immediately ask me which I grateful for it. She instead was letting me be in her house for the night since I am not ready to open up to anyone for now even to Yerin. Sehun was standing near the coffee machine and I unconsciously smile. He was also a coffee lover. There's something of familiarity feeling comes from him. I wonder what. Yerin had herself looking at me as I nodded. 


"That is so nice of you, Oh Sehun. You being nice to Nayeon while leaving me in the cinema yesterday." 


I raise my eyebrows as Sehun looks at Yerin with his face emotionless. 


"Little Mermaid is only for kids, Park Yerin." 


He said as he then took cookies near him to eat as a breakfast meal.


"You are just jealous that you are on the age limit, Oh Sehun." 

 

 


Yerin said while she walks to the fridge. I just keep my giggle inside. Yerin and Sehun had always been good together. They might have not realized but these two are completely perfect opposite attractions. Yerin then handed me a cup before I chuckle over her small gesture and I take a sip. My face turns sour after that. 


"You can't drink chocolate drink?" 


Yerin asks as she stares at me wiping my lips fast. I was frowning hard. Does chocolate has tasted this bad? I pout. Perhaps... is it my baby who doesn't like chocolate? I slowly patting my stomach. Sehun continues to be unbothered as he sips his coffee. I shake my head. Yerin takes back the chocolate cup before she takes something from the fridge. 


"How about strawberry milk?" 


My eyes lid up. A smile formed on my face. I had never been a fan of a Strawberry but just the mention of it makes me smile. My voice was cheery. 


"Can I have it?" 


Yerin nods as she pours the strawberry milk into a glass. I take it with a cheer as if I am a small kid. Yerin was looking at me with interest. It was as if she just discovered something new.


"Thinking back... Baekhyun also likes strawberry milk right? He drank a lot of strawberry milk drink back in uni days." 


The mention of Baekhyun's name in the early morning had me frowning as I slowly put back the strawberry milk glass. Yerin then cupped as if she looked guilty. She was being dramatic as always. 


"Oops. No Byun Baekhyun name in the household. I am sorry Nayeon."


I just bitter smile before continuing to drink the strawberry milk. Yerin probably can sense the problem. It's just she hasn't spoken it up with me. Meanwhile, Sehun came closer to us after finishing his coffee. His voice was kind of deep at that time. 


"Take care of yourself, Rin. Don't skip your meals." 


"Bla bla bla.. as if I listen to you, Sehun." 


"You have to otherwise you know what your parents going to do." 


He said as Yerin had her eyes wide. I watch their interaction as Sehun walks away with a smirk on his face. Oh the devil is here. Yerin sighed and a pout appear on her face after Sehun had gone from our sight. I wonder why.


"Rin?" 


Yerin then sits in front of me as her face is still cloudy. I hold her hands softly.


"Rin? What's wrong?" 


She looks at me before she chuckles. She looks at me as a smirk appears. Oh, I forgot this woman in front of me is another little devil. She instead raises her eyebrows and looks at me. 


"How about our Nayeonnie tell me first? Why did you appear in front of my house with that stupid Sehun?" 

 

 


I almost burst out laughing when I remember about it. Sehun is the one who always saw me in my worst state yet that guy has been acting so cold all along. Yerin was looking at me as I calm down afterward. 


"I have a fight with Baekhyun yesterday. Kind of a big one. Probably in our whole relationship." I said. 


Yerin was listening. Her face was genuinely curious as I tell her all about what happened yesterday. Her face was either frowning or scoffing. 


"Another I see. That's how both of them should have been trash duos. Both stupid." Yerin said as I raise my eyebrows.


"Both?" 


"They both are stupid. Sehun and Baekhyun. All men are stupid including Chanyeol." 


I chuckles as soon as I hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter