Seduction & Blessing

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun is from Gyeonggi-do. That is somewhere out of Seoul. That's what my head was thinking as Baekhyun told me that he going to bring me back to his hometown. Baekhyun was growing up in a small village when his parents were busy working in one of the busiest cities in the world, Seoul. He was living with his Nini or what normal people call a grandmother. I never meet her since Baekhyun rarely went back to the village when he was getting older. His family and I have heard about our abrupt engagement but even if Baekhyun family might not care about him, they still hold on to the old tradition of getting the family blessing. His Nini was not amused by his ways of getting married and that's making me a bit fidgety lately. Baekhyun decided to even drop the bomb by saying that Nini wants to meet me and this weekend would be perfect since the village is also holding a festival and Baekhyun wants me to enjoy some fun there. We both are still best friends anyways thus being engaged doesn't limit our friendship phase. 

 

"Baek... what does Nini like?" 

 

I asked while on phone. I am working as a tailor which also includes some designing tasks thus today I was at my boutique. The one that I open with Baekhyun as my sole investor. He has been looking around the boutique too and had always come here to hang out. The clothes that just arrived today for me to look at and had me busy arranging thus my phone was on loudspeaker mode.

 

"You." 

 

He giggled and I rolls my eyes. Baekhyun was at his workplace and since we were both busy today, we decided to just call each other. Playing the role of good fiancée for both of us. My subordinates have been eyeing me for some time now. They were squealing and teasing me after hearing what Baekhyun said before I shoo them away. I am not ready to show that side of me and Baekhyun to them since they only know that I and Baekhyun were best friends working together for this boutique. 

 

"Be serious. I need to make some good first expressions to her." 

 

"Look... You are being a good granddaughter-in-law now, Na?"

 

"Well.." 

 

I suddenly shy thinking about it. Kim Nayeon, what's wrong with you? All of this is just... acting. I keep reminding myself. I coughed while trying to divert the thought. I have given myself time to think about the contract relationship thus too much thought would make trouble. 

 

"Old people like to be pleased, Baek. I also want to make her like me. I don't want any drama involving in-laws. You know what? We should have apologized for getting engaged without telling our families first." 

 

I said and Baekhyun was silenced on the other side. Is he still there? 

 

"Baek?" 

 

"Oh what? I am sorry. All those mumblings make me feel sleepy." Baekhyun said while even pretending to make a yawning sound. He didn't pay attention to what I said, does he?

 

"You little fu- Come on tell me. What does she like?" I almost cursed Baekhyun. He is one playful human being. His voice once again comes out after that. 

 

"Bring her some strawberries. That should be fine. A ripe one. The one from the highland shop." 

 

I frown over the details however decided not to ask much. I look over the clock and it's almost lunchtime. 

 

"Baek." 

 

"Yes honey?" 

 

"What's with the endearment?" I said and Baekhyun's breath was coming thru the speaker. Gosh, what's with him? 

 

"Well, I know you like it." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter