Follow Your Light

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Nayeon!" 

 

Baekhyun's niece was running toward me as I walk in the yard. She then hugged me. I smile as I pat her head softly. I have arrived at Baekhyun's family villa. Baekhyun had asked me to come there as he going to the villa as soon as he reach the city after being away for some period. The Byun family is having a gathering today and I am looking forward to it. Nini is also here. I can't wait to see her since the last time I see her was during our wedding ceremony. Baekhyun had been so busy that we didn't get a chance to go back to Gyeonggi-do thus the old lady had been complaining which lead to the Byun family gathering today.

 

"Haera, Its aunty Nayeon. Not Nayeon." 

 

The girl's mother was nagging the little girl. Haera pouted as she heard her mom's voice. I pat Haera's head even more when Haera's mom who I remember her name as Haein looks at me. She smiles from afar as she walks to us.

 

"Nayeon, welcome!" She greets me excitedly as she stands near me.

 

"Thank you," I replied politely. Haein holds my hands as she looks happy to see me.

 

"It's hard to meet you, Nayeon. I have been asking Hyun to bring you to our restaurant but he is always busy or was he even busy? That boy." 

 

I laugh as Haein was complaining about Baekhyun. I ever met Haein during my wedding ceremony and I can say that she is a good sister-in-law to Baekhyun. Baekhyun had always visited Haein and his brother during his free time and she was also a nice family member who welcomed me so well. She even claims me to be her younger sister in the Byun household.

 

"I am sure Baekhyun would like to visit you soon, Haein." I once again comforted her. She once again smiles.

 

"Nayeon you too! Come with Hyun anytime." 

 

I nods as Haein said that. I would love to come to visit her with Baekhyun. Our interaction was at a halt as a voice was loud coming to us.

 

"Nayeon!" 

 

 

 

We both look to the front and Nini is already here too. She is wearing a blouse and a skirt with her hair in a bun style. Gosh, she looks young and pretty. She was walking to me excitedly. 

 

"My child, you look glowing." 

 

Nini compliment me after she hugs me. I chuckled. I had been hearing that from everyone lately including the cold Sehun. Speaking of Sehun, he had been visiting my boutique so much lately to accompany Yerin who had already been discharged from the hospital 2 weeks ago. I guess he isn't a bad person at all as he would sometime help me and Yerin by giving us ideas or sometimes becoming our model to try out the clothes as he had a good body proportions. Despite there's would be small arguments and bickering between him and Yerin, Sehun had also become a regular face at my boutique.

 

"The glow of mother-to-be," Haein teased out of nowhere before I just laughed it out. Nini however found that quite convincing. Her eyes start to have a spark in them.

 

"Are you? You are pregnant?" 

 

"No, Nini. Not yet." I said and the older was showcasing her disappointed face. Nini had the same face as Baekhyun as they share the same pouty face. I hold in my giggle upon seeing it. They both are cute. 

 

"Tell me first if you are pregnant, my child! Uncle Lee told me that good news is coming. I wonder what is it?"

 

Nini said and I just nodded as a promise to her. Uncle Lee the fortune teller had ever told me and Baekhyun that we are blessed with children thus it would be good news to us too if it happen. 

 

"It must be the news about handsome Baekhyun is back~"

 

 

 

We turn out heads as Baekhyun walks in from the entrance. He was wearing an olive shirt with his hair in comma style. My heart feels fluttered over his appearance. Oh how much I have been wanting to hug him. Baekhyun stands beside me. I then turn my head just to be greeted with such a masculine scent. Gosh had Baekhyun always smelled nice like this? The urge to hug him went bigger as he smell like a sweet woody scent. He was glancing at me who was staring at him before suddenly he get a whack from Nini. Baekhyun whines out loud.

 

"Ouch! Nini!" 

"How dare you walk in like that? You make Nayeon come alone and goes 'here the handsome Baekhyun is back' " 

 

Baekhyun pout before I pat his head. He looks at me with a smile as his eyes indicate that he also misses me. He then turns his head to Nini.

 

"Nini... you have been biased. You love Nayeon more than me." 

 

"Of course, I have my youngest grandchild who is a pretty and kind girl." 

 

"Dang, Na. You have become my rival." Baekhyun said pretending to be sulky when suddenly Haera interrupted us. 

 

"No! Haera is Nini's favorite!" 

 

We all laughed over Haera's words before we all walks in. Baekhyun however holds me back as I turn to him. He was looking at me before pulling me into a tight hug. I was stunned before I smile and hug him back. I had come to get used to this. Baekhyun's embrace and the warmth that comes from him. His voice was coming out as he mumbled. 

 

"I am back, Na."

 

"Welcome home, Baek."

 

I said as my voice was calm and happy. Baekhyun had fulfilled his promise to come back. Baekhyun then separates us apart before he gives me a quick peck at the corner of my lips. My eyes widen as my face was red. It isn't even the first time he did that but my heart just cant handle it. Gosh, how did this man get to grip my heart like this? I pretend to be mad.

 

"Baek!" 

 

"I miss that too." 

 

He giggles before running away like a little boy. I quickly catch his steps and had our hands intertwine afterward. Baekhyun gladly had his left hand sliding into my right hand. He hold our hands even tighter as we walk into the villa to join the Byun family.

 

 

 

Baekhyun was the youngest among two siblings which consist of his older brother and him. His brother Baekho was already married and had one daughter as you know named Haera who was four years old. Baekho is a successful restaurant owner that has a franchise in Itaewon and around Gangnam which didn't align with the family business called Byun Corporation which focuses on the logistics-based field. Baekhyun on another side was a successful bachelor (that's what he thinks) and was the vice chairman of the company. His abeoji was still in charge thus Baekhyun had always been playful around instead of properly taking care of his inheritance. He probably knows he going to take over anyways not that he suddenly will have another sibling out of nowhere.

 

"Abeoji." 

 

I bow towards the elder so does Baekhyun after we meet with his figure in the living room. His father was sitting on the couch and reading the newspaper that was provided there. The older turns his head as he was looking at me cheerfully.

 

"Oh! Nayeon you are here and the brat." 

 

"Abeoji." 

 

Baekhyun said as he stare at the elder. The older decided to ignore Baekhyun and continue to talk to me. His father has been friendly to me despite Baekhyun and his father's relationship as father and son isn't close. This is all because of Baekhyun's past as a rebel son. His father had clearly warned him about taking care of me properly during our wedding and he was a fatherly figure to me. 

 

"How are you doing, abeoji?"

 

I ask as Baekhyun lets my hand go. He doesn't want to talk to his father since they would end up arguing with each other despite it wasn't that bad. It is just sometimes their opinion clash too much with each other even in the office. Baekhyun then wanders to the other side of the house. The older smiles as his son went away.

 

"I am fine my child. Your face looks glowing."

 

Oh, the glowing praise again. I wonder do I look that different? Baekhyun's father continues to talk with me before Nini called us for lunchtime.

 

 

 

The Byun family gathers in the dining room which is already full of food and drinks for the guests as we sit down and start lunchtime. I was enjoying the homely vibe that Baekhyun's family give. The teases between Baekho and Baekhyun, Haera's little act with Baekhyun's father, and Haein's conversation with Nini. I was looking at Baekhyun's family which feels something different. I wonder what is it?

 

"Hyun, you can eat cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter