Baby Angel

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Na... I am nervous." 

 

 

"Baek, for the nth time I am the one who is pregnant."

 

 

Nayeon rolls her eyes as Baekhyun was holding her hands tight. It's the day of her first pregnancy check-up. Nayeon miss her previous appointment as she and Baekhyun were arguing before thus she forgot about her appointment. She only remembers when she had got quite a nagging from Nini who heard the news about her pregnancy from Baekhyun. The older has been happy and excited while promising to visit them soon. Baekhyun's voice once again echoed. He was also excited about the baby that he decided to tag along despite Nayeon being fine since she knows how busy he gets.

 

 

"Na... what if they said you are sick? Should I assign a personal doctor for you?" 

 

 

"Baek.. save the money also can you for once shut up? You have been talking for five hours." 

 

 

Nayeon said with a roll of her eyes since he keeps saying nonsense during the whole time from in the car and to their waiting time in the hallway such as how does the baby will react if they know Nayeon is a monster or if does baby swim in the tummy? And that earned Baekhyun a smack from her. Baekhyun then glares at Nayeon before pouting as if sulking. His shoulder was down. It was as if a puppy getting scolded. Nayeon chuckles as she saw that. Baekhyun had been acting cuter lately. She then holds back his hands. He turns his head to her.

 

 

"I know you are excited about the baby but let's just wait what is the doctor going to say okay? I am excited too, Baek not only you."

 

 

She said softly before he back to being cheery again. He then continues to chat with her as she listens to him as she laughs or smiles as she listens to him. Nayeon knows Baekhyun was excited about the checkup that he being extra today. 

 

 

"Mrs. Byun, the doctor is calling."

 

 

Nayeon turns her head so does Baekhyun when the nurse calls her after some time. Nayeon was going to stand when she saw a hand appear before her. Baekhyun had his hands extended to her. Nayeon looks at him as he was waiting for her. He was looking at her sweetly. She smiles before she then holds his hand. His voice comes out again. He once again was excited.

 

 

"Let's go, Mummy. Let's meet the doctor." 

 

 

"Let's go, Baek." 

 

 

Baekhyun smiles as he was holding Nayeon's hands tight. They walk into the check-up room together.

 

 

 

 

The nervous yet excited feeling was real. Nayeon was lying down after the doctor had done a check on her. Baekhyun had been a good and patient partner as he follow every of her check-up process. It's time to try to hear the baby's heartbeat. That has got Nayeon nervous for real. She was having cramps during her first trimester also nauseous that still lingering even now and that had even Baekhyun worried. Her body was too sensitive. 

 

 

"Is this safe?" 

 

 

Baekhyun asks worriedly when Nayeon had her eyes on the doctor too. The female doctor smiles at him.

 

 

"No worries, this is only to see if the baby is fine and to hear their heartbeat to make sure the pregnancy has no complications." 

 

 

Baekhyun nods before he turns to Nayeon who was exhale and inhale her breath. Nayeon was quite nervous. She wants to hear her baby's heartbeat but at the same time, she was worried. What if the baby was sick? Her last visit to the hospital was when she was fainting. Kai had told her that her pregnancy is weak thus that's why she was in her fragile phase for the first trimester. 

 

 

"Stay calm and I will put this gel on your stomach to help with the scan."

 

 

The doctor said before she puts quite an amount of gel on Nayeon's stomach as Baekhyun quietly hold her hands. Giving her the support she needs. Nayeon found that Baekhyun was being extra careful for her. He even make sure she was comfortable as he helps her during the whole checkup. She is secretly grateful for him since she was nervous and scared about the checkup. Both of their eyes then were attached to the small screen in front of them. Nayeon already saw a similar picture shown since Kai shows her the baby scan but Baekhyun seems immersed as his eyes were glued and full of anticipation. He was focused. That has made Nayeon more nervous, what if their baby isn't there anymore or there's no heartbeat? That thought makes her scared since she and Baekhyun have been waiting for their baby.

 

 

"The baby isn't seen yet." 

 

 

The doctor's mumbles caught both Baekhyun's and Nayeon's attention. Nayeon can feel her eyes start to tear upon hearing that. Is her baby gone? Baekhyun glance at the doctor. His eyes then glued at Nayeon who was watching the screen. She looks gloomy. Baekhyun pats her head slowly however Nayeon almost cried as soon as she saw his eyes. Baekhyun was so excited and anticipated this. She feels like she had turn him down. She mumbles slowly as she feels apologetic to him.

 

 

"Baek... I am sorry." 

 

 

"It's okay, Na. The doctor will find Aeri soon."

 

 

Baekhyun said as he soothe her. He doesn't want to make her feel pressured neither sad. Nayeon holds Baekhyun's hand tighter as she closes her eyes. She only had Baekhyun and their baby for now and she can't afford to lose any of them. The doctor keeps on moving the scan before Nayeon had her breath as if almost stop when a sound appear.

Dup... Dup... Dup...

Three times...

Nayeon had her eyes open slowly before it turns on Baekhyun as he smiles at her. Her eyes finally gave up as she cried. Her baby is there with the sound of a heartbeat echoing. The doctor finally smiles as she found the baby. It's quite hidden as if worried that anyone found them. 

 

 

"The baby hiding quite well. Probably shy to be seen." 

 

 

The doctor said and that caught Baekhyun as he looks at Nayeon. Nayeon giggle as she saw his eyes. The baby was so much like her. She is the one who likes to hide. The heartbeat was stable as Nayeon was immersed just like Baekhyun. It was so fascinating and touching. He was watching both screen and Nayeon without any sound. Out of nowhere, Nayeon feels a warm landing on her forehead. Her eyes were rounded as Baekhyun smile at her afterward. His voice was soft and deary. 

 

 

"Thank you, Na."

 

 

Nayeon nods as Baekhyun wipes her tears away and looks at her as he talks to her about how happy he is. She had never felt this much warm from anyone else yet she getting it from Baekhyun and her baby. Nayeon had finally got her warm. 

 

 

 

 

The second trimester had made me waddle around since my stomach is big than normal. Nini had teased me that I might have twins which I denied since the doctor said she only saw one baby during our checkup. However, this pregnancy had me tired easily and emotionally unstable. There are times when I would hit Baekhyun or out of nowhere burst into tears even for the simplest thing. There was one time when Baekhyun take me out and my mind just acted up.

 

 

"Na... can you still walk?" 

 

 

Baekhyun was walking in front of me as he pushed the trolly. We are at the grocery shop for some time after we finish looking for baby stuff. Baekhyun was the one who had been so eager to buy it early despite I am only entering my sixth month. We are walking for some time now since our groceries runs out thanks to the fact Baekhyun had taken the initiative to be more diligent to cook at home for us. I take a breath as I halt my steps. I can feel my feet swollen thanks to the walk we take. I get easily tired these days and what worst my back ache even more. Baekhyun has been my loyal massager every day as he will massage me to ease the pain. Baekhyun has been slowing his steps and turns to me every time. He even wants to put me in the trolley which earns him a slap on the shoulder from me because why would a grown-up and pregnant woman do that? I decided to be a little playful and pretend to low my body and whine in pain.

 

 

"Ahhh!" 

 

 

I yelp before Baekhyun quickly comes to my side. His face was worried. I was trying to hold back my laughter. His voice was kind of panicky.

 

 

"Na? What's wrong? Are you in labor?" 

 

 

I look at him before continuing to pout. He was deadly serious as he hold my arm to hold me.

 

 

"Aeri..."

 

 

I trail as he looks even more serious as his eyes look at my eyes. I hold my laugh even more. I decided to tease Baekhyun even more since I am the one who always gets teased by him. 

 

 

"Kicking. Aeri is kicking."

 

 

"What the .." 

 

 

He cussed before I slaps his mouth slowly. He widened his eyes. I glare at him.

 

 

"Don't cuss in front of Aeri." 

 

 

Baekhyun's eyes when innocent like a kid as he pretends to zip his mouth and throw the keys away. I laughed over his little acting as he pats my stomach afterward. His voice was small and soft.

 

 

"Aeri, don't kick mummy often. Poor Mummy." 

 

 

Right after that, I can feel another kick as I look at Baekhyun with surprised eyes. He chuckles.

 

 

"I assume that's a yes." 

 

 

 

 

I was standing in front of the cereal shelves while Baekhyun wandered to another aisle. I have been craving some junk food and since Baekhyun forbid me to buy the unhealthy one, I decided to just buy cereals before I heard his voice from the next aisle.

 

 

"Hello pretty, are you also shopping for grocery stuff?" 

 

 

I was confused since I was standing there and Baekhyun suddenly sounds sweet is out of the ordinary. I slowly walk to the next aisle. My voice was approaching him.

 

 

"Baek, what the hell are you talking about? We come here together-" 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter