Confession & Determination

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Night comes so fast for Nayeon. She was coming out of the bathroom when she realise Baekhyun is not in the room. Where would he go? Nayeon unconsciously pouted. She is so bad in direction thus Baekhyun leaving her like this makes her feel lonely since she doesn't know where to go especially in Japan. Nayeon realise she is too used to Baekhyun's presence lately. Nayeon once again looks around before she saw a small note pasted on the makeup table. It was a small yellow note which was Baekhyun's favorite color. Nayeon chuckles upon she saw what was written there.

 

An invitation to a dinner date with the most handsome person in the world! ^^

Come to the Delight Restaurant at 9.

I will be waiting for you, Nayeon.

- BBH ´ㅅ`

 

Nayeon smiles before she puts the note aside. She unexpectedly feels excited. What would happen to the mystery dinner invitation by her best friend, Baekhyun?

 

 

 

The restaurant was unexpectedly quite empty when Nayeon arrived. It was as if the whole restaurant was booked but there were a few customers that Nayeon can see sitting inside. She walks towards the restaurant thanks to the signboard around the hotel. Nayeon was wearing a green olive dress that reach her knees paired with beige heels. She was dressing up for the dinner.

 

"Hi, Miss. What can I help you with?"

 

Nayeon was a bit startled as soon as she was greeted by the waiter who was standing near the entrance. She then showed the waiter the card that was attached to the note by Baekhyun. The card was in Baekhyun's name and her name was written as a special guest. Nayeon does not understand what it was but it was ordered to be given to the waiter as soon as Nayeon reach the restaurant.

 

"Mr. Byun is in there. I will show you the way."

 

The waiter said in English. Nayeon then follows him as he leads her to a table that was decorated perfectly and beautifully. There's a candlelight in the middle with a bouquet of flowers also put on one of the seats. Nayeon found herself almost cringing yet fluttering over the preparation.

 

"Please wait."

 

The waiter said as soon as Nayeon sits on the chair while holding the flowers bouquet. She smiles as the bouquet was pretty. It has baby breaths along with white roses. She wonders what makes Baekhyun suddenly make a romantic gesture to her. Is that part of the contract that they made? Nayeon then looks around her as people in the restaurant were having their dinner. Nayeon patiently waited for Baekhyun. Suddenly there is noise around as the place's lighting become dim. Nayeon blinks her eyes. What is happening? She heard someone clearing their throat before she looks to the front. There is a small stage and someone was sitting there. Her eyes went wide.

 

"Baekhyun?"

 

 

 

Baekhyun smiles at Nayeon before he takes the microphone that was been prepared in front of him. Nayeon feels excited. Baekhyun is a good singer. She is aware of that fact since she was the one who accompanied him for every of his singing club activities during their university days. Nayeon can say that Baekhyun has a talent for singing. Nayeon then wonders what song will Baekhyun choose. Its been a long time since Baekhyun sang plus as far as Nayeon remembers that he has never properly sung in front of her and that thought makes her kind of sad however her sad feeling does not linger long before Baekhyun suddenly turns to her as the music starts. The people were cheering for him. His voice comes out heavenly to her ears. It was as if he was doing it for her.

 

Can I call you baby?

 

Nayeon chuckles afterward as Baekhyun starts to sing and he maintains their eye contact. She nods unconsciously as a reply to the lyric and keeps listening to him. She was slowly enjoying the abrupt stage by Baekhyun.

 

Can you be my friend?

 

"Idiot. We are." Nayeon murmurs while hiding her giggle. Baekhyun then suddenly went to one knee. That pretty much reminds her of his move.

 

'Kim Nayeon. Would you marry me? Please bestie?'

 

Can you be my lover up until the very end?

 

She can feel her face red. Why it is so real? Is Baekhyun confessing to her? Baekhyun's voice was echoing. It was sweet, heaven, and could make one melt. The music continues. Nayeon was enjoying his small stage.

 

Let me show you, love, oh, I don't pretend

Stick by my side even when the world is givin' in, yeah

Oh, oh, oh, don't

Don't you worry

I'll be there, whenever you want me

 

Baekhyun was so right. He was there for her. He saves her from her ex-boyfriend and now marrying her. She can feel tears coming as she heard his lyrics. Why does it feel like it was a genuine confession from Baekhyun? Baekhyun keeps on singing as Nayeon's eyes were on him. Baekhyun then stood up and walks closer to her. Nayeon didn't take her eyes away from him. Baekhyun continues to sing as his voice was tempting.

 

I need somebody who can love me at my worst No, I'm not perfect, but

I hope you see my worth

'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first

And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

 

And as soon as he was done singing, Nayeon could feel Baekhyun lows his face to hers. His hands were wiping her tears that somehow manage to come out. She can feel her face was fully red. Nayeon looks at him as he smiles. Her heartbeat was uncontrollable. Nayeon can feel Baekhyun's breathing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter