Persuasion of Interest

About Love & Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Baek..."

 

Nayeon calls him near the living room. Baekhyun was moving like he is a sort of Ninja since he would appear once in a while. He also would sneakily go to the kitchen while it was dark. Baekhyun had also avoided their lunch date that they have make a routine even before marriage. What's more baffling, Baekhyun would sleep earlier than her thus leaving Nayeon in silence every night. Nayeon had enough of it. She had her eyes wandering when Baekhyun walk passed her. She sighed in annoyance. It's been days since the night that Nayeon rejected Baekhyun's request. She was shocked of course. She was agreeing to Baekhyun's marriage proposal because wanting to protect herself from Kai and of course help her best friend to have a proper family. Little that Nayeon knows that Baekhyun was expecting more than what they already shared. Was it her fault to reject him? She was not ready to even be committed to being in another long-term relationship. She just broke up with Kai and her pain of hers to trust and love someone again has not fully healed. Love? Once again she was wondering did Baekhyun even love her or because it was for the sake of the child that he wanted them to stay together?

 

"Baek." 

 

Nayeon has been calling him but was receiving no response. Nayeon was frustrated over his actions that kind of childish for them. Silent Baekhyun is making her itchy and Nayeon was awkward to persuade the boy. It is always the opposite. 

 

"Baek."

 

Baekhyun was a bit jolted as Nayeon was standing right in front of him. He was going to leave for the office quietly. Usually, Nayeon will leave after him since she would go later than him. However today, the girl was acting out of the ordinary as she woke up early and he realise how she had been eyeing him. His eyes were looking at her but his mouth was sealed. He had no words for the girl in the heat of the moment. Awkward silence happened between them. Nayeon rolls her eyes as her voice comes out pissed. 

 

"Can you not be so girly? What's with the silence treatment I get?"

"You know why." 

 

Baekhyun replied before turning to the shoes rack. Nayeon had her eyes glaring at him.

 

"Baek. You promise to give me time to think about it! Why did you suddenly become like this?"

 

Nayeon asked out of frustration. Why Baekhyun seems like forgetting his own words? Nayeon however was met with quite a sharp stare from Baekhyun. That stare had caused the girl a bit surprised. Baekhyun somehow was out of the usual. Baekhyun then let out a weary sigh.

 

"Na... Did that promise apply after we are married? When you agree to our marriage?" 

 

Nayeon had herself speechless. Is that what Baekhyun choose to answer? It just make her more work up than ever that morning. She look at him and replied.

 

"I marrying you since you want a child and a perfect family. I also repay your kindness for protecting me from Kai. Aren't we agree on this before?" 

 

"A child should be raised with a complete family. What would our child will think as they saw us being separated?" 

 

"Baek. I told you I am not ready to be committed. Of course, I would give birth to the child but having someone in my life is going to be hard. Not after what Kai did to me." 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was the one who was silent now. He was looking frustrated too. Nayeon almost had fallen back to the near couch out of disbelief over their argument. It was too early for everything. Nayeon can't force herself to agree with what Baekhyun said just because they are married. She does love him but it is as a friend and having to be together forever with him was making her scared. Is she ready for that from the beginning? Nayeon also doesn't know what to say anymore. Baekhyun takes a breath and talks again. His voice was covering his fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter