Chapter - 8

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you are sure he is Key?" Suho asked Naeun after he had heard the whole story that happened in Busan after Naeun and Eunji finished their conference.

"Hmmm" Naeun nodded her head.

"But he has memory loss?"

"Hmmm"

"He is staying with her?"

"Hmmm"

There was a silence in the room. Suho with his hands on his pocket looking outside through his window as he recollects Key and Eunji while Naeun stood silent waiting for him to talk.

Suho wouldn't able to believe his own eyes when he saw Ken with Eunji, quickly he greeted him, still with shock and confusion he entered the office as because Key doesn't behave like usual to him. After a while he saw Naeun and Eunji coming inside the office together after Ken went with Taemin. He saw Eunji with a happy face; he always wants to see her like that but today he couldn’t be happy. There were so many questions raised regarding what happened in Busan, so he called Naeun alone to his cabinet and asked for the details. Suho still can’t believe all these, it was like a dream. And sadness filled his heart, he was happy that Eunji got back her husband but second time fate has played its part in his life.

"Oppa..." Naeun called him. Suho looked at her, he knows very well that Naeun call him like that when they talk like college buddies. "Sorry," she said in low voice.

Suho shook his head and tried to smile, "Why are you saying sorry? You didn’t do anything wrong," he said.

"I feel..."

"Pity on me..." Suho cut her in between. Naeun didn’t reply him. Suho again turned to window, "I will be fine if I'm alone, Naeun-ah" he turned to Naeun, "Carry on with your work," he said and smiled. Naeun nodded and came out as she doesn’t have any words to comfort him.

"Your office looks big," Ken said as he follows Taemin as they walk to Taemin's cabin.

"Its my dad's office hyung," Taemin replied. Ken smiled and looked around the office as he follows Taemin.

Taemin asked Ken to come to his office when Ken said he had no plans for the day. Naeun also asked him to visit Taemin's office. So Ken came with Taemin so that he can get to know them and also can find their plan if they have any. Ken entered Taemin's cabin; it was little messy with a file, on his table he saw Taemin's family photo and with his hyung.

"My table is always messy hyung," Taemin said as he moves some files from the table.

"Looks like you are a clumsy guy" Ken said as he was walks around the room. Taemin stopped and looked at Ken, "What, am I wrong?" Ken asked, Taemin shook his head with a smile.

"Once you finished, move out those finished files, clean table - quick work," Ken said and helped him. Taemin stopped and watched him arranging his table. Taemin got remember how Kibum always clean his room and bed while they were staying together during college days. When Taemin as a kid, his eomma does those arranging and cleaning work form him; when living with his hyung, Kibum does for him and after marriage, Naeun is doing. So, Taemin never learnt or got a chance to learn the habit of keeping his place clean and tidy. Sometimes when he sees his messy table, he gets remembering of Kibum and his words, 'Yah Taemin-ah...I'm sick of telling you to keep your place neat...' and clean Taemin's place as Taemin places his games in mobile; he sometimes even wished Kibum to be near him to help him in cleaning. So today Taemin felt happy seeing Ken doing it and that makes him to be believe strong that Ken is Kibum.

As they were talking, a staff entered his room saying it is emergency. A western client wants to talk, Taemin instructed the staff to ask PR manager to speak with the client.

"Min Young-ssi is on medical leave," The staff replied.

"Get soon one else then..." Taemin said. But staff stood unmoved, Taemin sighed and doesn’t know what to reply. His PR manager was the one who always help him to talk with those clients as Taemin was not so well in talking but he is not there now to assist him.

"Why can’t you go and talk?" Ken asked.

"Hyung...I don’t understand them, their slang, they talk fast...I'm not so good in communicating..." Taemin said in panic voice. Ken thought for a moment, "Can I help you?" Ken asked.

"Oh yes...please..." Taemin said in a bright tone and both rush to the meeting room. Ken interpreted between them and spoke for Taemin; meeting ended well, Taemin almost forgot that Kibum did International Studies in college, so he has good communication skills. After seeing Ken talking to the clients, he remembered it.

"Hyung, Can you join in our company in PR Department?" Taemin asked as soon as they came out of the meeting room.

"Are you offering me a job?" Ken asked.

"Hmmm yes, If Kim Samcheon comes to know about it, he will get angry on us for making you work...but I think I need your help..." Taemin said.

"Why he will be angry at you?" Ken asked.

"Because making his rich son to work as an employee in our office will eventually make him angry, hyung," Taemin replied but Ken didn't reply, was simply staring at him. Taemin realized what he said, "Sorry," Taemin said and bit his tongue.

"Its okay. I will accept your offer," Ken said.

"Really?"

"Yes, If I want to live here, I want a job. Obviously I can’t stay under a girl's roof. I need money, so I will accept this job," Ken said. Whatever may be the reason, Taemin felt happy for accepting the offer.

"Kibum-ah" for Mr.Lee's voice they turned around and saw him walking towards them. Mr.Lee stood frozen before them, his eyes were wide open. When Taemin told his appa about Ken, he refused to believe him as he thought Taemin saw someone else but now he saw Ken by his own eyes. Mr.Lee hugged Ken, and few drops of tears fell from his eyes.

"Kibum-ah, you are back..." Mr.Lee said and hugged him again. Mr.Lee always have a special place for Kibum in his heart as because he always takes care of Taemin very well, always his saviour. Kibum's death highly affected Mr.Lee as he treated him as his other son. So after Kibum's death, Mr.Lee always want Taemin to take care of Eunji and Jong Soo. Whenever they need help or assistance, Mr.Lee always want Taemin to be there for them.

Ken doesn’t know what to say to Mr.Lee; all he can understand is Mr.Lee loves Kibum like his son. They all walked back to Mr.Lee's cabin. Mr.Lee even called his wife and informed his wife, through a video call he showed Ken to Mrs.Lee who was shocked to see him. Ken, on the other hand, felt embarrassed and uncomfortable, but he behaved politely to them.

"Appa, I think hyung should be working in Min Young-ssi's place in PR department until he comes back," Taemin said.

"Oh yeah but his appa..." Mr.Lee started.

"But Sir..." Ken interrupted him.

"Samcheon," Mr.Lee corrected him with a smile. Ken looked at Taemin and Mr.Lee, then nodded, "Samcheon, I need a job now, till I'm here..."

"You can work here" Mr.Lee cut him off with his decision.

"Really?" Ken exclaimed.

Mr.Lee nodded at him, “I will inform your appa” he said with a smile.

Taemin was happy that Ken was going to work with him. Happily he showed a tour of his office to Ken. They sat down to eat their lunch together with other employees.

"Today morning you showed a guy name..." Ken tries to remember his name.

"Suho hyung?"

"Yes, he is Kibum's classmate?" Ken asked Taemin as they were eating their lunch.

"Hmmm yes..." he said with his eyes on his plate. 

Taemin had a quick argument inside his head whether to tell him about Suho's feeling for Eunji but decided not to tell as it may lead to any misunderstanding.

The day went well, Ken liked the atmosphere in the office as because it is different from his previous office in Norwich. Even though it is new place to him, Ken felt good and people looked nice. Taemin told Naeun to go with Eunji to her apartment after work so that he can pick her up from there after he drops Ken.

"Dae...we are on the way to home." Taemin was talking over the phone when he and Ken came out of the elevator to the car parking.

"No...You come home. Hyung is with me" Ken looked at him and wonders to whom he is talking with.

"Hmmm okay. Will meet you there" Taemin disconnected the call and got into his car.

"Is it Naeun-ah?" Ken asked Taemin as he wears the seat belt.

"No"

"Then who is it?"

"You will know," Taemin said with a wide smile.

Naeun and Eunji has already reached home with Jong Soo. "Appa..." Jong Soo called out Ken as soon as he opened the door.

"Oh my boy..." Ken took him in his arms, "How was your school today?" he asked.

"Good, Appa. I told all my friends that my appa has come back home" Jong Soo said with a wide smile. Ken bit his lips and looked at others; they were looking at them with a smile.

"You know what?" Taemin grabbed their attention to avoid the awkward silence, "Hyung got a new job in PR department" Taemin said.

"Oh really oppa...congrats," Naeun said in a bright tone and offered her hand for the handshake.

"Thank you" Ken did a handshake.

"Congrats," Eunji said with a smile. Ken nodded his head. As they were talking, they heard the door bell; Naeun went to open the door. The door opened with a big bang sound, all got jolt up, a girl entered, her eyes found Ken quickly and unmoved from him. Ken's eyes furrowed, he knows that girl. It is Soyou. Eunji let an inward sigh, Taemin and Naeun tried to suppress their laugh.

"Kibum-ah!!!" Soyou called out and hugged him as she cries. Ken was quite, he doesn’t know what to say as the girl cry in loud and no one stopped her.

"Yah, don’t cry...it makes me uncomfortable," he said with a smile. Soyou immediately went to silence and looked up at him; Ken has to bit his lip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter