Chapter - 27

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ken holds Eunji's hand and smiles to comfort her; Eunji is nervous about being near her home. From the moment Ken said his idea of visiting Eunji's eomma, Eunji was nervous and worried about it.

‘How will I face eomma?’

‘How will eomma react when she sees me with a kid?’

‘What will happen when Eomma and Mrs.Kim meet?’ Such thoughts were running inside her head.

In all these years, Eunji has never taken a step to meet her eomma. She has big guilty feelings regarding it. Whenever her brother Minki comes to visit her in Seoul, she used to ask about her eomma’s wellbeing but never thought to visit her when her brother went back home.

One of the reasons for Eunji not visiting her eomma is that her eomma is still angry with her that's why even when her brother told her about Key's death news and her pregnancy, her eomma didn't visit her and said no when Minki asked to bring Eunji back home. Eunji doesn't know how her eomma will react when she sees Jong Soo because Minki has already informed about Jong Soo but still she didn’t visit Eunji or ask her to come home. Now Eunji is regretting that she should have visited her eomma after Mrs.&Mr.Kim forgives her and accepts her and Jong Soo. Even though her eomma beat her or shouted at her, she should have sat on her doorsteps and begged for forgiveness till she got convinced but Eunji did nothing to ask for forgiveness; she got comfortable with Mrs.&Mr.Kim's forgiveness. But today she is going to meet her eomma along with Key's family.

After Ken informed others about visiting Eunji's eomma, Mrs.Kim started preparing for it. Eunji thought to stop them and asked her whether they wanted to go. Mrs.Kim understood that she was nervous about the visit and also worried because their last meeting was a horrible one. She told Eunji that it is important for both to go as they should clear and face their past for a better future.

In contrast to them, Jong Soo was happy to meet his new halmeoni; he knows and has seen Minki as he visits them in Seoul but never knew about his halmeoni so he was happy and excited to see her. So in the early morning, he woke up and got dressed up in his favorite dress and also got chocolates for her when Mrs.Kim went shopping to get things for their trip.

When the car came near their home, Eunji felt very nervous; knowing about her nervousness, Ken held her hand and smiled to comfort her. It was small comfort to her but her worries are a lot more than that. Knowing about the nervousness that she had throughout the day, Ken let her sleep in Key’s room last night, “I know you want to see your eomma, Eunji. So we should go tomorrow” he said when she told him to drop the plan of visiting her eomma.

“But I don’t know how she will react?”

“It's okay, I will handle everything…but I know she can’t be angry with you for this long”

“But Kibum-ah...” Ken placed his finger on her lips to stop her.

“No, but...This is also your family and they are also your family...you need both of them Eunji…So don’t worry about anything, now sleep well...” he wished and went back to the guest room.

Eunji has already informed Minki about their visit but her eomma doesn't know. Minki and her eomma have now moved to a new house and it is Eunji’s first time seeing their new home.

Ken stopped the car before Eunji's new home; Eunji looked out of the car, she got a smile as she remembered that her brother often told her eomma that he will get a better house for her in the future. Now Eunji felt proud of her brother that he kept his promise and worked hard for it. The house was not so big but it is a two-story building with a small garden which her eomma always wanted. Nervously, Eunji got down from the car; hearing the car doors, Eunji's eomma who was working in the garden stood up to look who their visitors were. Her eyes went wide when she saw Eunji.

“Eomma...” Eunji murmured as tears rolled down her eyes.

Without saying a word, Eunji's eomma walked in and shut the door. Looking at her eomma walking in, Eunji dropped her bag and ran towards her crying to stop her. But before she could stop, her eomma shut the door. Jong Soo, who was excited to see his new halmeoni, now his smiles disappeared, and got worried as he saw her eomma crying; he quickly moved near Ken, who was watching Eunji.

“Eomma…eomma…open the door…it’s me, Eunji has come to see you….” Eunji said as she bangs the door and cried. “Eomma…I’m sorry…I’m sorry eomma…I hurt you…I brought a big disgrace to our family…I’m sorry…but please don’t shut the door again” she said as she cried. “Eomma…please…I missed you…sorry…please let me in…” she cries leaning on the door. But there was no response from inside. “Eomma…please…At least come out to shout at me…chase me out from here…but let me see you once, please open the door” she pleaded.

“Eomma…” Eunji took a step back and called her in a louder voice, “Open the door…I want to see you now…” she shouted but still no response, “I’m not going from here until you let me…” she sat down before the door, “Till you open the door, I'm not moving…seriously…” she said in a firm tone but tears were rolling down from her eyes.

From outside the gate, Ken and Mrs.&Mr.Kim were watching her; Jong Soo gestured Ken to lift him up, he also looked worried just like others. Mrs.&Mr.Kim moved to stop Eunji and thought to take her back but Ken stopped them and asked to wait till the end.

“Eomma…please…please forgive me…I’m still your daughter. Please, forgive me…” Eunji said as she cried. But there was no response from her eomma.

“Eomma…” Eunji called in a pleading tone and cried harder covering her face. “I know I deserve to die…come out and kill me at least…but please let me see you once,” she said and cried louder.

There was no response from inside; Ken thought for a moment and decided to talk to Eunji’s eomma and was about to take a step forward but stopped when they heard the door opening. It was her eomma.

“Eunji-yah…” Eunji’s eomma calls out to her as she cries; she also looks red just like Eunji as they cried harder. “I'm sorry Eunji-yah…” her eomma crouched down and hugged her. Eunji and her eomma hugged tighter and cried harder as they apologized to each other.

Ken and others were still standing out and watching them with a smile until Eunji’s brother Minki reached the place. Minki, who had gone out for urgent official work, reached home later than he planned; he wanted to be there at home when Eunji came but he couldn't avoid the work so he left home early. Ken smiled and greeted Minki but he was in shock about the situation. He saw Eunji near the door where Eunji and his eomma were crying and they never thought about others who were standing out. After giving an apology look, he ran to them, “Eomma...” He touched his eomma’s shoulder and pointed out when she looked up at him. Realizing her mistake soon, she walked out and gave an apology, and invited them inside. Ken and Mr.Kim greeted her with a smile while Jong Soo sticks to Ken, and Mrs.Kim didn't make eye contact with Eunji’s eomma.

Even after they went inside, still Eunji and her eomma were crying and hugging each other as they kept on telling their apology to each other and how much they missed each other. So it was only Minki who could treat Ken and others.

Ken was watching Eunji all the time, she looked happy and at the same time crying as she saw her eomma after a long time. He wanted to but he decided to save it for later as he felt that they both needed a lot of time alone. After a few minutes, Eunji’s eomma quickly finished preparing breakfast along with Eunji. On the way to Busan, Ken suggested eating breakfast in Eunji’s home so they didn’t stop for breakfast. He knows that Eunji always misses her eomma’s cooking so she will be happy to eat her preparation. As he expect, Ken saw Eunji's eyes going wide for her eomma's breakfast and was very eager to eat. As her eomma was serving her food, Eunji couldn’t stop herself from saying how much she misses her eomma’s preparation. Even after was filled with food fully, Eunji didn’t stop her talk and still, tears rolled down as she realized it was not a dream but happening in real life.

Looking at Eunji, Ken, who was sitting across from her, poked Jong Soo’s arm as a signal. As soon as he did, “Eomma” Jong Soo called Eunji and opened his mouth big, and gestured to her to feed him.

Eunji, who almost forgot the present after seeing her eomma, was frozen for a second and looked at others with wide eyes. In the end, her eyes moved to Ken, “Yah…” she called him in a low voice and moved her head to Jong Soo, to tell Ken to feed him. But Ken, suppressing his smile, shook his head. Eunji kicked him under the table. “Ah…Why are you kicking me?” Ken said and acted hurt.

“Eunji!” Mrs.Kim called out to her in her sieomeoni voice. Eunji gave a small smile and looked at Ken but he didn’t look up instead he acted as if he was eating.

“Arasseo, let me feed him,” Eunji’s eomma said. Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma had eye contact for a second but Mrs.Kim quickly turned to her plate. “Shall I feed you?” she asked Jong Soo with a wide smile. Jong Soo shook her head without looking at her and moved near Ken.

Looking at his hesitation, “Aniyo eomma…he will do…” Eunji said and tried to look at Ken but he didn’t look at her, “Yah…” she again called him in a low voice.

“Okay I will do it,” Ken said after Eunji showed her puppy face when he looked at her.

“Appa will look after you Jong Soo-ah because today we won’t be seen in eomma’s eyes…she forgot about us…” Ken said as he fed Jong Soo.

“Yah…” Eunji again kicked him under the table in embarrassment.

“Ah…” Ken purposely said in a loud voice, “Eomma, she is kicking me” he complained to Mrs.Kim.

“Eunji-yah” again Mrs.Kim called out to Eunji in her sieomeoni tone but then Mrs.Kim dropped her shoulder when she saw Eunji’s eomma was looking at her.

Mrs.Kim knows that definitely, Eunji’s eomma must have not forgotten their last meeting. When they both got eye contact while eating, their mind recollected their last meeting at the store where Eunji’s eomma was working.

After Eunji and Key left the home and got married, one day when Mrs.Kim came to Busan she got a chance to meet Eunji’s eomma at the shop in a mall where Eunji’s eomma was working.

“So are you still working here?” Mrs.Kim asked Eunji's eomma after she spotted her at the store. Mrs.Kim looked at her from head to toe and let out a sarcastic laugh, “Now you should be with your daughter while she works out your real plan, right?” she said. Eunji’s eomma remains silent. “When are you planning to make the next move?” she asked.

“I have work” Eunji’s eomma tried to move but Mrs.Kim grabbed her uniform coat sleeve.

“Don’t act innocent. I know what you will do next, now they are married so that you all can move into my family…”

“We don’t have such an idea…” Eunji’s eomma interrupted her.

“Don’t act too smart. I know where you get this courage to act? As they both were together you think I can't do anything and I'm weak…Don’t ever think like that…I can bring back my son by just killing your daughter” Eunji’s eomma’s eyes went wide in shock, “Don’t you think I can't do it, I can do it…if I want I will do it. I will never let you succeed in your plan” Mrs.Kim said and walked away leaving Eunji’s eomma in shock.

Eunji’s eomma came near Mrs.Kim to serve her food but Mrs.Kim didn’t lift her head to look at her. ‘I hope she doesn't remember what I said to her…Even if she remembers she should not tell it to Kibummie…already for what I said about Jong Soo-ah, he got angry. If he comes to know that I said I will kill Eunji, that’s all. I’m dead today. If Eunji knows that’s all, she also won't talk with me and also she will take away Jong Soo’ Mrs.Kim thought and looked at Eunji’s eomma after she walked away from her. ‘Should I go and apologize to her before she opens ? Yah…you are a fool, big fool’ Mrs.Kim scolded herself.

As soon as everyone finished eating, Eunji’s eomma took her alone to the kitchen before anyone could see them.

“Eunji, are you fine really? Was your sieomeoni good to you?” she asked Eunji.

“Dae eomma…she forgave me”

“Are you sure that she was not acting to you?” she asked Eunji.

“No eomma…” Eunji stopped when she saw Mrs.Kim standing at the kitchen door. With the eye movement of Eunji, her eomma turned and saw Mrs.Kim and acted normally before her.

“I just came here to give these plates,” Mrs.Kim said and showed the plates which Eunji left on the dining table. Eunji’s eomma got it from her and turned away quickly.

“Eomonim…we were…” Eunji started.

“Carry on Eunji…I will be in the living room” Mrs.Kim said and walked to her husband who is sitting with Ken and Minki.

“Eomma…” Eunji turned to her eomma, “She got changed now…” Eunji started telling her from the beginning when she came to Seoul to take her home till yesterday how she convinced her to come to Busan.

“So, she changed…” Eunji’s eomma murmured.

“Wae?” Eunji asked in confusion.

Her eomma quickly made a decision not to tell Eunji about Mrs.Kim’s words as she is now good and caring towards Eunji so as not to make any more problems, she thought it would be good to hide it from Eunji.

“Nothing, it looks like now eomma only was bad to you,” Eunji’s eomma said, “I didn’t come to meet you,” she said with watery eyes.

“Eomma…aniyo, I should have come back to you but I didn’t do it…sorry, I'm a bad daughter,” Eunji said.

“No, you are not…you are brave and a strong woman now…I’m so proud of you, Eunji-yah” she said and hugged her.

“Eomma, you still haven't met Jong Soo, wait…I will bring him.” Eunji said and went to the living room where Jong Soo was sitting with Ken.

In a few seconds, Eunji came back with Jong Soo who came behind Eunji with hesitation. “Aegi, this is your new halmeoni, did you talk with her?” Eunji asked Jong Soo after she crouched down to him.

“Annyeong Jong Soo-ah” Eunji’s eomma crouched down to Jong Soo, “I’m your halmeoni…” she said and was about to touch him but he went behind Eunji. Both Eunji and her eomma were shocked by his action; Eunji knows how excited he was to meet his halmeoni and now his action makes her get worried.

“Aegi…wae, this is your halmeoni, weren’t you so excited to meet her?” Eunji asked but he stood sticking to her, “It's okay, don’t be shy…talk to her” she said.

“Why did you make my eomma cry?” Jong Soo asked Eunji’s eomma after he gathered all his courage.

As soon as she heard those words, Eunji’s eomma started crying. “Dae, you are right. I made your eomma cry” she said as she cried, “I deserve to be punished” she said holding Jong Soo’s hands.

“Eomma….Aniyo” Eunji shook her head at her eomma’s words and turned to Jong Soo, “Aegi…it not like halmeoni made me cry…eomma did a big mistake and halmeoni was so good to forgive eomma, she loves eomma so much” Eunji explained.

Jong Soo thought for a moment and looked at Eunji’s eomma, “Halmeoni, please forgive eomma, she is good and I love her so much, so we are sorry…” he said and bowed to her.

Immediately Eunji’s eomma hugged Jong Soo, “Aigo…I must be a stone-hearted person for not seeing you all these days,” she said and cried. Then Eunji encouraged Jong Soo to bring the chocolate which he got for halmeoni; he gave her those chocolates and they both fed each other.

“Looks like they got back…now Eunji will be very happy,” Mr.Kim said to his wife as they both were watching Eunji and her eomma feeding chocolates to each other.

“Yes, she will be happy and she truly deserves all happiness,” she said and turned to her husband, “My Son has done the best job,” she said and smirked at him.

“Your son?” Mr.Kim let out a laugh, “My son too…” he said with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Okay, our son…he did a good job,” Mrs.Kim said and looked at Ken who was talking with Minki.

“I'm happy that now we are back together,” Mr.Kim said with a wide smile.

“Me too” before Mrs.Kim could say next, Jong Soo came to her and shared the news of him talking with his halmoeni, with a shy smile.

Ken and Minki had a good conversation; Minki told Ken that he used to visit Eunji whenever he comes to Seoul but after Ken started staying with Eunji and Jong Soo, Eunji stopped him from visiting her as she was not sure how Ken would react. In the end, Ken asked Minki to visit Eunji like usual as he doesn’t have any issues and he wants Eunji to be happy.

Mrs.Kim suggested Ken order lunch but he said no and asked Eunji’s eomma to prepare the lunch; Even though Eunji’s eomma said yes to prepare lunch, Mrs.Kim asked Ken for the reason to make Eunji’s eomma prepare lunch.

“As Eunji always misses her eomma’s cooking, let her eat her eomma’s preparation today till her heart and stomach get full” Ken said the reason which was then accepted by all and Eunji felt happy that Ken is doing all which makes her happy.

Eunji’s eomma asked her to be with others while she prepares the lunch but she insisted on staying with her and helping. Mrs.&Mr.Kim had a chat with Minki regarding his business; Mr.Kim told Minki that he is ready to help him at any time in business and also Mr.Kim told his wife that Minki reminds him of his young age. Mrs.Kim still can’t believe that the schoolboy who she saw long back was now doing business and taking care of his eomma. Everybody was now getting along with each other except Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma. During lunch, they both had the same thought of telling their apology to each other as they both now felt it will be good for their children’s future.

“Where is Jong Soo?” Eunji's eomma asked Eunji as they were cleaning dishes in the kitchen.

“He is with Kibum-ah...” Eunji looked at her, “If he is with him, he doesn't want me” Eunji said a sweet complaint about her son.

“Maybe he got that from you” Eunji looked confused, “Even if he is with you, you also don't need anybody else...” She smirked at Eunji, “Am I right?” She teased Eunji.

“Aniyo eomma...” Eunji was shy.

“I'm sure he was doing all his best to make you happy in the past” Eunji nodded her head as she thinks of her old days with him, “Even now if you say he forgot everything still, he is doing all to make you happy, Eunji” Eunji didn't reply her, “If he didn't bring you here, we wouldn't have met today and be like this...” Eunji recollected how Ken convinced her last night, “He does all this to make you happy…we should be thankful to him,” Eunji's eomma said to her.

‘Yes, Eomma is right, if Kibum-ah didn't suggest coming here then all these couldn't have happened. Aigo...I still didn't thank him' Eunji thought and looked at her eomma, “I will be back” she said and went out.

Ken, who was watching and taking photos of Jong Soo playing with Minki and Mr.Kim, got jolted when he felt a pair of hands wrapping him around from behind. A smile formed on his face when he saw it was Eunji who was hugging him from behind.

“Thank you...thank you so so much Kibum-ah,” Eunji said with a wide smile.

“Are you happy?” He asked.

“I'm very, very, very happy now,” she said.

Ken got a smile and pulled her to his front, “How much?” He asked her.

“This much...” She opened both her hands wide and hugged him.

Ken still had a smile on his face and felt happy for Eunji hugging him. “That's what I need,” he said and was about to hug her back but stopped when Eunji suddenly pulled away from the hug and took a step back. “Sorry” she murmured.

But still, Ken got a smile when she saw Eunji being embarrassed about her behavior, “Even Jong Soo-ah is happy” he turned her back and said pointing at Jong Soo. They both were watching Jong Soo playing with Minki and Mr.Kim.

Eunji’s eomma who was watching from inside got a wide smile on her face. “Is it true that he forgot his past?” she asked Mrs.Kim when she realized Mrs.Kim was standing behind her.

“Dae” Mrs.Kim replied in a low voice.

Eunji’s eomma turned to her, “Even you?” she asked.

“Dae” again Mrs.Kim replied in a low voice.

“But it doesn’t look like that”

“Now he has changed this much because of Eunji and Jong Soo,” Mrs.Kim said.

There was a silence between them as they faced each other. Mrs.Kim looked at Eunji’s eomma, “I'm sorry” she said but Eunji’s eomma didn’t reply to her. “I'm sorry for everything I have done to you and your family. I have insulted and hurt you and your family a lot. Now I'm ashamed of all my actions. I’m sorry. Please do accept my apology” Mrs.Kim apologized and waited for Eunji’s eomma’s reaction; she didn’t reply to her but just looked at her, “I get back all my accusations against you and Eunji. All my opinion about Eunji was wrong, she is good, kind and a brave girl…you have brought her up so well…you should be proud for such a daughter” now Eunji’s eomma got a proud smile; Mrs.Kim let her head hung low, “I thought she was after my money but I'm wrong…now all I have is all because of her…because of Eunji, now I have a grandson, I got back my son…my happiness, purpose of my life…I’m thankful to her till my lifetime…” Mrs.Kim was disappointed as still, Eunji’s eomma didn’t reply to her, “That day…in the store…” Eunji’s eomma recollected Mrs.Kim’s words; both looked at each other, “Those words are just words…I thought to threaten you but never had any intention to do such things…I promised to Kibum-ah and his halmeoni that I will look after Eunji and her son…now again I give my word to you that I will protect and look after Eunji and Jong soo with all my life and strength…don’t worry about her, she is in my family now” Mrs.Kim finished telling her all that was in her heart and looked at Eunji’s eomma for her reply but she didn’t reply and stood with her head hung low.

“So still...you didn’t believe me?” Mrs.Kim asked in a low voice, “Didn't you ask to accept my apology?” Eunji’s eomma remained silent, “Should I kneel and ask you my sorry? Okay…” Mrs.Kim was about to kneel down before Eunji’s eomma.

“Aniyo” Eunji’s eomma quickly stopped her and looked at her, “I'm also a terrible mother like you…failed to be with my daughter when she needed me, abandoned her just like you…I was so selfish, never thought that she also have dreams and wishes for her life…tried to use her for my purpose…” she said.

“They both suffered a lot in the past. Now I want them to be happy and together” Mrs.Kim said.

“Yes, they should be happy…I’m sorry too for all my bad to you” Eunji’s eomma said looking at Mrs.Kim.

Mrs.Kim nodded and smiled at her but then they both didn't know what to talk about as they said all the words they prepared to say; now they stood awkwardly in silence.

“Eomma…” Eunji’s sudden entry made both of them jolt up. “I'm going out,” she said and rushed to the door.

“Yah…where…” Before Eunji’s eomma could finish, Ken entered, “Eomma…I'm going out…” he said to Mrs.Kim and rushed out just like Eunji.

“Yah, where are you going?” Mrs.Kim asked.

“I will be back home soon, eomma,” he said without turning back.

“When?” Mrs.Kim asked in a loud voice.

“Look after Jong Soo…he is with appa,” he said and went out.

Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma looked at each other, “She never answered me properly” Eunji’s eomma complained to Mrs.Kim.

“Even Kibum-ah too…I think like this they both made us fool…” Mrs.Kim said with a pout face.

“Dae…we were fools” Eunji’s eomma replied with a pout face. Both of them seeing them with their similar facial expressions started laughing together.

“Eomma”, “Halmeoni” next, Minki and Jong Soo entered together which gave them a jolt.

“Eomma, do we have anything to drink?” Minki asked.

“We are thirsty, halmoeni” Jong Soo said to Mrs.Kim.

“Huh…dae, we will prepare juice,” Eunji’s eomma said.

“Okay then I will cut the fruits,” Mrs.Kim said and joined Eunji's eomma.

Mrs.Kim turned to her husband, who was standing there and looking at her with a smile, she smirked at him to convey to him that she apologized and got along with Eunji’s eomma.

“Jong Soo-ah, do you like it here?” Mrs.Kim asked Jong Soo who is sitting next to Eunji’s eomma as he drank the juice.

“Dae…” he nodded his head.

“Then can you stay here tonight?” Eunji’s eomma asked.

“Huh…if eomma says then okay” he said as his eyes were scanning at the photos which were placed on the shelf, “Oh…who is that?” Jong Soo pointed at a small kid in the photo.

“That is me” Minki replied. Jong Soo nodded; “Your eomma is there” Minki pointed at the photo in the end. Eunji’s things were in the loft but in recent days her eomma missed her so she brought down Eunji’s photos so that she can look at them whenever she misses Eunji.

Jong Soo went near Eunji’s childhood photo, “Is it eomma?” he asked his halmeoni.

“Dae. It was your eomma when she was two years old” Eunji’s eomma replied. Jong Soo took a close look at the photo, “Halmeoni, will my baby sister look like this?” he asked Mrs.Kim.

“Dae…as you look like appa, she will look like eomma,” Mrs.Kim said.

“Baby sister?” Eunji’s eomma looked confused at Mrs.Kim, “Is Eunji…?” she didn’t complete her question in confusion.

“Ani…but we may get one soon,” Mrs.Kim said and smirked at her.

“Halmoeni, can I take this photo with me?” Jong Soo asked Eunji's eomma.

“Dae…anything for you” she replied and kissed him.

“Omo…Kibum-ah…” Mrs.Kim stood up in shock as soon as she saw him entering, “Eunji-yah…” Mrs.Kim looked shocked at Eunji who came behind him.

“Yah, why are you both wet?” Mr.Kim asked Ken and Eunji who came home wet.

“How did you get wet?” Eunji’s eomma asked in a worried tone.

“It is raining outside,” Ken said with a smile while Eunji hit him with her elbow for his reply.

Everyone looked outside, it was cloudy but not raining so no one understood their reply. “Minki-yah, get them a towel,” Eunji’s eomma said.

After Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma saw Ken and Eunji exchanging a few words between them in whispers as they went inside, they both smirked at each other.

As they were watching Jong Soo playing with his Minki samcheon and his halabeoji, Eunji said to Ken that she wanted to see her old places as she have come to Busan after a long time so Ken said yes and also wanted to go out with her to see those entire places.

“How long, Eunji?” Ken asked Eunji who was walking before him in the street.

“We are near to it” Eunji replied.

“We should have come in our car” Ken complained.

“Is it not fun to walk in the street?” Eunji asked with a pout face.

“My legs are paining…” he complained.

“Oh, we reached,” Eunji said in an excited tone avoiding his complaints, “That is my old house,” Eunji said pointing at the small house. They both walked to the house; it was a small house and only a small family could fit in. “That side…” Eunji walked to the corner of the street, “Here…” she didn’t complete her sentence but got a smile on her face.

“What? What is here?” Ken asked her.

“I hope it rains now” Ken looked confused about her irrelevant answer, “They said it will rain but it is only cloudy,” she said.

“Why do you want it to rain now?” he asked her. Eunji didn’t reply but got a wide smile on her face.

--FLASHBACK--

“Having fun with your friends?” Eunji asked Key.

“Dae. Changsub-ah has a lot of plans” Key said as he saw Changsub opening a champagne bottle. A loud cheer was done by the others who were watching him.

Key has come for a two days trip to Jeju Island with his military friends. They all have completed their military service successfully; Changsub, roommate and batchmate of Key, made a plan for a trip and gathered all their military friends together. Eunji has come home for a weekend and she hopes that Key will visit him so that they both can spend a day together. After his military service, Key has visited Eunji only when she comes to Busan as he doesn’t have time to travel to Seoul so Eunji tries more often to come home for the weekend. All her dreams were shattered when Key said his plan with his military friends. As Key was so excited about this trip, she didn’t stop him but now he misses him so she called him.

“Kibum-ah…” Eunji called him in a sing-song voice.

Key understood what she was going to say, “What?” he asked in a low voice.

“I miss you” Like he guessed she said and he knows what she will say next, “I want to see you” a second time also he was correct. Key knows that Eunji has come to see him and he couldn’t say no to his friends when they called him for a trip as he knows once they start their civilian life again they won’t get much chance to see each other or gather like this. So Key wanted to go on this trip.

“Eunji-yah…” he called her in a soft voice. “I already told you, right…” he started.

“I know…” she interrupted him, “But I miss you...” she said in an aegyo voice.

“Just for two days…” he said and got a smile in her voice.

“But…Oppa…” she started.

“Yah…” Key interrupted her. Key knows that Eunji came to know through his halmeoni that he likes to be called ‘Oppa’ as many Busan or Daegu girls won’t prefer calling their boyfriends ‘Oppa’. 

Eunji even once tried to check whether he would listen to her if she called him ‘Oppa’ as to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter