Chapter - 29

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I missed you, Sweetheart,” Key said, with a smile he grabbed Nicole’s hand. Eunji was standing still in shock.

“I missed you too, Ken,” Nicole said and hugged him again.

“I knew, Cole,” Key said with a smile. “Wait, let me bring my bag,” Key said and walked to his room.

Nicole saw Eunji standing still in shock, so Nicole smiled at her proudly.

“I’m sorry for troubling you, Nicole…because of me you came this long” Key said from his room.

“That’s not a problem, darling,” Nicole said and gave a glance at Eunji, “When are we leaving?” she asked Key.

“Tomorrow early morning…is it too early?” he asked.

“No…it’s good actually” Nicole replied.

“Sorry, you must be tired because of the long journey”

“I will be happy if we leave this place soon”

“Okay…where did you book the room?”

“Hotel Paradise City”

“Oh near the airport…it’s good” Key came out of the room with his trolley.

“Is that all you needed? What about other things?” Nicole asked.

“I don’t need it…this is enough” Key smiled at her.

Nicole nodded with a smile, “Shall we leave?” she asked.

“Let's go” Key with a smile grabbed her hand.

Key stopped near the doorstep when he felt Eunji’s hand, “Kibum-ah” she murmured his name with wide eyes.

Nicole’s face turned red in anger but before she could talk, Key replied to her. “Ah, Eunji…Thanks for everything…I’m leaving” he said and was about to move but again she stopped him.

“Kibum-ah…” she again murmured his name.

“I will keep my promise, Eunji. Don’t worry. I will still be his dad, you don’t have to tell the truth” Key said.

Nicole moved closer and touched his shoulder with a worried look, “Ken…” Key nodded his head at her to wait for his reply.

Key then turned to Eunji, “It's all for your favor you did to me” he said.

“What favor?” Nicole asked in a worried tone.

“I will tell you, sweetheart” Key said in a low voice.

Key then nodded at Eunji with a small smile and again turned to move but again Eunji stopped him by grabbing his hand, “Kibum-ah…” she murmured again. Nicole got irritated but Key stopped her before she could talk.

“Tell Key’s parents that I’m leaving…I’m sorry that I can’t tell them but inform them that I’m leaving…Inform them…okay? Inform them, bye” he said and walked out of the house before Eunji could stop him again.

Eunji, who is in shock, sat down on the floor as Key left with Nicole and that picture is running inside her mind.

‘I’m leaving…I’m leaving...’ Those words were heard inside her head, and she sat down thinking of them.

‘I’m leaving…I’m leaving…inform them…’

“Eomonim…” Eunji murmured and came out of the shock; quickly got up and searched and found her mobile.

‘Eomonim…’ Hearing Eunji’s nervous voice, Mrs.Kim understood what could be the problem – it must be Nicole again.

“Eomonim…Eomonim…” Eunji spoke only those words.

‘Eunji-yah…What happened?’

“Eomonim…Eomonim…” Eunji keep on saying the same words, “She…she is back…eomonim…eomonim…” then Eunji keep on saying the same reply again and again so Mrs.Kim understood that she is in shock and won't reply so she quickly inform Taemin to visit Eunji and to know what happens.

“Eunji…” With a loud door bang, Taemin enters the house. As soon as he heard from Mrs.Kim that Nicole is back, he came to Eunji’s house with his dad, Mr.Lee. Taemin thought Key must be there with Eunji and an argument must be going on between Key and Nicole so he was quite shocked by the silent living room; he saw Eunji sitting on the living room floor in shock.

“Eunji” Taemin shook her to bring her back to her senses.

“Huh…” Eunji responded.

“Where is Hyung?”

“Hyung?”

“Dae, Hyung. Key Hyung. Where is he?” Taemin asked.

Tears rolled down from her eyes. Both Mr.Lee and Taemin looked at each other in worry.

“Eunji-yah…” Mr.Lee called her in a soft voice, “Where is Key?” he asked carefully.

“Abeonim…he went with her,” She said and started crying.

Mr.Lee’s eyes went wide in shock while Taemin got angry, “What? Where did they go?” he shouted. Eunji, without replying to him, was still crying.

“Eunji-yah…” again Mr.Lee called her softly as he understands that she is hurt and still in shock so she is weak now, “We are here to help you…look at us…” Eunji looked at them after a moment of silence.

“Where are they? Are they going to the airport?” Mr.Lee asked her while Taemin looked restless as he was angry at Key for leaving with Nicole; he now wants to grab Key’s shirt to question him for leaving with Nicole.

“Ani…” she shook her head and tried to recollect everything that happened after Nicole arrived, “He said tomorrow morning they are leaving…” she said.

“No ways…he can’t leave…I won't” Taemin said before she could finish her words.

“So where are they now,” Mr.Lee asked Eunji.

“Abeonim…hotel…Hotel Paradise City” Eunji said.

“That is enough…Let's go” Taemin grabbed Eunji’s hand and walked out, as soon as he heard the hotel name, Mr.Lee followed them.

“I missed you Ken” Nicole hugged him from behind as soon as they entered the hotel room. Key smiled and brought her before him. “Me too,” he said and smiled.

“I was so scared that they may do any harm to you, darling,” she said with a pout face and hugged him again.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart…” he said and pulled her away, “I won't scare you anymore” he smiled at her.

“Promise?” Nicole asked him with her puppy eyes.

Key smiled and nodded his head; Nicole hugged him.

Key pulled away from the hug, “Let’s go home and get married” he smiled at her.

“I'm so happy, darling” she again hugged him in excitement.

“Thanks for coming,” he said.

“Anything for you, my love” she hugged him even tighter.

Nicole was happy that he is still the same person; she was worried and scared when he spoke differently in the call before she came to Seoul but as he was still being sweet with her like always, she is happy and excited that they both are going back to Norwich and getting married as per they planned.

“Now take rest” he pulled away from the hug, “You look tired” he smiled, “Then let's go out to eat together…” he poked her nose playfully.

Nicole got a shy smile, “As you say, darling” she poked back his nose playfully.

Before they could take any more, they heard a loud bang on their door.

“Oh not again,” Nicole said and her face turned red in anger.

“I will check” Key said and was about to move to the door.

“No…” Nicole stopped him; “I will deal with them,” she said and walked to the door.

As soon as the door opened ajar, Taemin pushed the door further and walked in as he pushed Nicole aside. Mr.Lee walked in behind Taemin but Eunji was standing out still; her eyes found Key inside the room but didn’t attempt to move toward him.

“Hyung, come” Taemin grabbed Key’s hand and was about to take him out but Nicole stopped him by grabbing Taemin’s hand and she tried to remove it from Key’s hand.

“What are you doing?” Nicole shouted at Taemin.

“What are you doing? I'm taking my Hyung with me” he shouted back.

“Oh…not again…he is not who you say…he is Ken” Nicole said in a firm tone.

“He is Kibum…” Taemin shouted in a firm tone.

“Oh…how long…how long are you all going to trouble us? What bad did we do to you all? Please leave us alone…” Nicole shouted with watery eyes, “Ken…” she leaned on Key’s shoulder, “Tell them…tell them that you are Ken…ask him to leave us…” she said as she cried leaning on him.

Key nodded at her as he tapped her shoulder to comfort her; Mr.Lee and Taemin looked shocked at Key’s behavior and Eunji was still standing out and looking at them without any reaction.

“Yah Lee Taemin…” Key started with a loud voice, “Six months got over…I'm leaving…so go out” he said in a bold voice.

“Hyung, are you mad?” Taemin pushed Nicole aside from Key. “You know that…” he started.

“Yes, I know who I am” Key interrupted him. “Now get out” he shouted at him.

“Who are you?” Taemin shouted back after a moment of shock, “You are Key…and she…” Taemin looked back for Eunji, she was standing out still so he grabbed her hand and took him inside, “She is your wife, forgot?” he asked.

Key looked at Eunji who was already looking at him; Tears were falling from her eyes so she could get only a blurred vision of Key and as her mind was in shock she couldn't hear most of Taemin’s words; she didn't know what to say and was weak to fight back. She doesn't know with whom to fight - is it with a person who says her husband is her fiance or with the person who was saying that he loves her till yesterday and now being completely different, Eunji stood hopeless.

“Key...” Mr.Lee came forward to talk with Key.

“Samcheon...” Key interrupted him, “I have all respect for you so please tell him to accept the fact that I'm Ken,” he said pointing at Taemin.

“I won't” Taemin shouted. Mr.Lee gave a glance to make Taemin silent.

“Key, just think again...this is your place...” Key stood silent and Nicole was watching them, “Think about your eomma and appa...” Mr.Lee said.

“Samcheon, tell them that I'm leaving...” Taemin got angry at his words, “I'm sorry that I couldn't tell them directly...If they are here they will make a big scene so I didn't tell them...please tell them I'm leaving” Key said and looked at Mr.Lee, who is getting angry but still trying to be calm.

“Tell them? What should I tell them?” Mr.Lee grits his teeth in anger. “Tell me what to tell them, Key?” He asked in a loud tone. Key remained silent, “What to tell her?” Mr.Lee pointed at Eunji, “What should I tell Jong Soo when he asks for his appa?” He asked Key in an angry tone.

“Tell them I left,” Key said in a low voice.

“You, Hyung...” Taemin grabbed Key's shirt in anger.

“Hey...” Nicole fought to remove Taemin's hand from Key's shirt. Mr.Lee tried to stop Taemin but he didn't listen. Nicole pushed Taemin from Key, “Everyone leave... Or else...” She called the hotel staff and gave a complaint.

Soon the staff came and took them out of the room. A female staff grabbed Eunji's hand and pulled her out while Eunji’s eyes were still on Key who was looking at her as if he didn't understand her feelings; their eye contact broke when Nicole closed the door.

“I'm scared, Ken” Nicole hugged him, “Is it going to be like last time?” she asked in a worried tone.

“Aniyo...” Key shook his head, “No one can stop me” he said with determined eyes; Nicole got a smile for his words and hugged him again.

Nicole wants to talk and have a nice time with him but Key insists on sleeping as she looks tired because of the trip. But still, Nicole was sharing all the happening in the six months at Norwich and shared with him how much she missed him. After an hour of chat, Nicole was about to sleep but she got disturbed by a loud bang on the door – it was Taemin again but this time he was not alone.

“Kibum-ah…open the door” Key and Nicole heard Mrs.Kim’s voice.

As soon as they heard from Eunji, Mrs.&Mr.Kim started to go to Seoul; in the next few hours, they landed at Seoul airport. When Mrs.Kim saw Eunji in the hotel lounge sitting still and broken on the couch, tears formed in her eyes; she can understand how Eunji must be feeling now – broken, completely broken. Her husband who told her that he will be with her forever was now left home with another woman, how can she be fine; Seeing Eunji in a broken state made Mrs.Kim get angry with her son Kibum, she wanted to kick him and bring him home.

“Taemin-ah…” Taemin was with Mr.Kim who was explaining to the hotel staff the situation, looked at Mrs.Kim, “Come with me…” shouted and grabbed Eunji’s hand, and walked to the elevator. Before anyone could stop them, they got into the elevator.

“Oh not again…” Nicole was about to get down from the bed but Key stopped her.

“I will talk with them,” he said.

“No, I will” she got down from the bed and walked to the door.

“Kibum-ah…open the door…” Mrs.Kim shouted at the door while Taemin kicked the door to get open. “Open it or else we will break it…” she shouted. When the staff tried to stop Taemin, he pushed everyone aside using his whole strength and kicked the door.

“Kibum-ah…” Mrs.Kim stopped when the door opened.

Seeing Nicole, both Taemin and Mrs.Kim got angry. “What do you want?” she asked in a cold tone.

“Move” Mrs.Kim pushed Nicole aside but still Nicole tried to stop her; with Taemin’s slight help Mrs.Kim entered the room along with Eunji.

“Kibum-ah…What are you doing here?” Mrs.Kim grabbed Key’s hand, “Come let's go” she was about to move but Nicole grabbed Mrs.Kim’s hand, which made her angry, and turned to Nicole with an angry face.

“He is not coming anywhere,” Nicole said in a cold tone.

“Step aside when I'm being nice…” Mrs.Kim said in a serious tone and was again to move but again Nicole stopped them.

“Yah…you…” Mrs.Kim grabbed Nicole’s neck with one hand in anger. Nicole acted as if she was suffering in more pain and it was hard to breathe.

“Eomonim…” Key stopped Mrs.Kim and forcefully removed Mrs.Kim’s hand from Nicole’s neck. “Stop it…like I said, six months got over so now leave…” he shouted.

“Kibum-ah…” Mrs.Kim murmured his name in shock while Nicole got a proud smile on her face.

“I'm not Kibum” Key shouted. “You are mistaking me,” he said.

“Am I?” Mrs.Kim asked, pointing at herself, “Has she also mistaken you?” she asked, pointing at Eunji.

“Dae…you all have mistaken me for Kibum…” Key shouted pointing at everyone else, “Now get out” he shouted. Before he could say next, a tight slap landed on his face – it was Mr.Kim.

“How dare you raise your voice before your eomma?” Mrs.Kim asked in anger.

Key remained silent and didn’t expect that Mr.Kim would behave like that to him.

“Ah…Ahjussi…Stop it” Nicole stood before Mr.Kim, “How can you beat him?” she shouted at Mr.Kim.

“You step aside, …it’s between father and son,” Mrs.Kim said.

“Who are father and son here?” Nicole let out a laugh, “He is Ken” she said in a firm tone.

“I’m his eomma…I know who my son is, he is Kibum” Mrs.Kim said in a firm tone.

“Oh, really? Can you prove that?” Nicole gave a challenging look.

“Of course…I can prove that he is my son Kibum through a simple test” Mrs.Kim said.

“Oh so you need a test…okay let's do a test,” Nicole said nonchalantly.

Taemin and others in the room were quite taken aback by her words, she easily accepted that. They all know that she could accept the test only if he is Ken and not Key, but that is not possible because he is Key not Ken; everyone wonders for the reason for her quick reply.

“If the test proves that you are not his parents, you should never again disturb us,” Nicole said.

“It won't happen as you think, we will prove that he is Kibum," Taemin stood in front and said in a confident voice.

“Okay, but I will choose that place for the test” everyone looked at each other, “Are you all afraid that you will get cheated?” she asked sarcastically.

“We are not afraid…anywhere at any time we can prove that he is Kibum,” Taemin said with determined eyes.

“Until then leave us alone…get out now,” Nicole said in an angry tone and then gave a challenging look at Mrs.Kim.

“Once I prove that you are wrong, you will see who I am?” Mrs.Kim said to Nicole with sharp eyes and looked at Key who stood silent, “Then you will know what your eomma will punish you for your mistakes” she said raising his index finger at Ken who now hung his head low; then Mrs.Kim walked out with Eunji.

All this time, Eunji was the only one who hadn't spoken a word and she didn’t even concentrate on what others spoke; her eyes were all on Key who was standing next to Nicole. Looking at them standing next to each other was enough for Eunji to completely break; all these years she was living in the memories of her husband, and one day he came but he was completely different and then one day he said that he loves her but another day he went with another girl; what is real for her? Is her husband really dead and saw a look-alike person of her husband or is her real husband going with some other girl? She doesn’t know anything; she was broken and walked out of the room with Mrs.Kim as a soulless person with her eyes still looking at Key who refused to see her.

Till everyone reaches home, Eunji hasn't spoken a word; she was silent all time and only Mrs.Kim was angrily scolding Key for his behavior. Even after they reached home, Eunji walked to her room soullessly and didn’t respond when Naeun and her eomma, who was waiting for their return, called her.

Taemin explained to Naeun and her eomma about Key and Nicole’s behavior and their final decision for going for the test. Soon Eunji’s eomma and her brother Minki reached; looking at their silent faces, Eunji’s eomma can understand that the situation is worse.

“Eunji-yah…Eunji…” Eunji’s eomma shook Eunji to talk to her after Mrs.Kim informed her that Eunji hadn't spoken a word to anyone.

When she hears her eomma’s voice, tears rolled down from her eyes; “Eomma…” she wrapped her arm around her and started crying loudly. Other than the word ‘Eomma’ nothing came out of . Everybody looked sad and worried about Eunji’s pathetic condition and hoped the test will bring out the truth. No one stopped Eunji from crying; they let her cry to her heart's content because at least it will make her feel better.

Mrs.Son came up with the idea of taking Eunji to her home as it will make her feel better and also others can gather together to discuss the problem. When it was time to pick up Jong Soo from school, everyone was scared and worried about how he would react when he knew that Key was not there in the home. They planned and tried to divert him by telling him about their sudden visit to see him and tried to make him not meet Eunji. When they searched for a reason to tell him, he himself came up with a reason.

“Imo, is eomma not feeling well because appa is gone for more work?” Jong Soo asked Naeun. That was a good reason so they continued it as he said.

Even after Eunji came to Mrs.Son's house, she didn't talk with anyone; Mrs.Kim comes to her room to see and tells encourage words to be strong and be positive that they can prove he is Kibum not Ken through the test but still Eunji didn't reply her - kept her silence. Naeun got remembers her words which she told Eunji that Key won't go back to Nicole and felt bad for Eunji and got a guilty feeling for giving false hope without knowing Key's true intention so she didn't come to talk with her. Mrs.Son and Eunji's eomma ask her to eat but she simply shook her head and turned away from them. Everyone can understand her but still, they didn't leave her alone because she is heartbroken now so she may take any bad decision.

While ladies were taking care of Jong Soo and Eunji, on the other side, men were discussing all the legal steps they have to take next. But before they could start the legal procedures, Nicole does it fast. The next morning a legal team came to Mr.Kim and others with an agreement for taking a legal test and told the place where Nicole had been selected for the test. The agreement stated that both parties agreed to the test and they will accept the final result whatever it is.

Mrs.&Mr.Kim agreed to the place and placed a condition that along with Jong Soo they will also give the samples for the test and even if anyone matches, then Key has to stay back alone. The agreement was signed; everyone was worried and also wondered how Nicole could be this confident about the test so Mrs.Kim asked her husband to check on the laboratory and keep an eye on the people working on them and also on Key and Nicole in the hotel room. That laboratory which Nicole suggested was good and has a high reputation in the country; sometimes they have undergone some government projects too. So Mrs.&Mr.Kim thought that Nicole was wrong in choosing the laboratory which can't be manipulated with any influence.

Now they have to prepare Jong Soo for the test as he has to face the injection which he is always afraid of. So carefully, Mrs.Son and Mrs.Kim explained to Jong Soo about their laboratory visit as a hospital visit – he was happy when they said he doesn’t have to go to school the next day but his smile got disappeared when they started about the hospital visit. To everyone’s surprise, Jong Soo at first showed a slight pout face but quickly accepted what they told him – they are going to the hospital for Eunji’s illness and he also get his vaccination tomorrow.

Mrs.&Mr.Kim reached the place early so that they can be present when Key’s samples were taken and so they can make sure that it is his samples and that no change has been made. Later Eunji came with Jong Soo, she was nervous and scared; it is not about the test but it is about facing Key. Thankfully Key was not there so Eunji couldn’t see him; she thought that he must have left with Nicole after giving his samples.

Eunji was shocked when she saw Nicole waiting for her near the car. As soon as Nicole saw Eunji, she gave a wide smile which made Eunji’s eomma who came with her, get angry.

“Be ready to get ashamed, Eunji," Nicole said and smirked at Eunji. Jong Soo’s eyes got furrowed when he saw Nicole as he doesn’t like her because he still remembers Nicole pushing Eunji down, telling him that Key is not his appa so he doesn’t like her.

Eunji’s eomma opened to reply but Eunji stopped her. Nicole gets a smile as she sees Eunji stopping her eomma, “Aren't you ashamed to call someone else's fiancé your husband?” Nicole asked. Eunji’s eomma got angry at her words but still, Eunji held her eomma’s hand to be calm. “When the result comes out, I will make you run from this place” Eunji remained silent. “Try to find some other guy to be your son’s father, you ” Nicole said and smirked at her.

Eunji calmly asked her eomma to take Jong Soo with her and looked at Nicole before taking a step near her.

“Even I tell you the same, find some other guy to be your fiancé, you ing …” Nicole got angry and was about to open but Eunji didn’t finish still, “He is my husband, no one can fetch him from me, got it, you piece of ” she said. “Why should I wait for the result?” Eunji gave a sarcastic smile, “Before all these, he even told us the result…He will be my son’s dad…” Nicole remembered Key telling Eunji, “So don’t you think I played a quite better part in this…” Eunji smirked which made Nicole get angry, “It's not me who needs some other guy, it's you” Eunji pointed at Nicole, “The moment I saw him, I know he is my Kibum…nobody’s lies can change it…It is better if you be prepared to run from this place” Eunji said with sharp eyes and walked away before Nicole could come out of her shock.

Eunji walked to the car confidently but before getting in, she drops down her shoulders in disappointment and left a displeased smile; she thought her words were just an act to display that she is confident and strong but deep inside she lost all her hope – will this paper result stops Key, just a few papers going to tell him who he is when he doesn’t know who he is, will this paper turn him who he is, no. She got a disappointed smile and got into the car.

Till they get their result, Mr.Kim had an eye on Key and Nicole and also on the laboratory; they made sure nothing wrong happens and Nicole shouldn't be doing anything to manipulate the result. But nothing happened like how they thought, Key and Nicole were there in their hotel room all day, and not even for eating they came out of their room.

It was the day of the result; even though Mrs.Kim was confident that the result will favor them, she hesitates to go with Mr.Kim when he called her to get the result. Eunji, who hadn't spoken a word and never came out of the room after coming back from the laboratory yesterday, also said no to going with Mr.Kim. So in the end, all the men went to check the result while the ladies stayed back at home.

Jong Soo didn’t have to go to school, as it is a weekend, and he was happily playing around. Everyone was worried and curious about the result while Mrs.Son’s attention was on Jong Soo – she felt his behavior was strange. From the day he was born, Mrs.Son was looking at him; she knows about him very well that he won’t give up on something which he believes was true, hard to convince him because of his adamant character which Mrs.Son believes that he got from his halmeoni Mrs.Kim. Mrs.Son was surprised when he said okay for the laboratory visit and behaved bravely when he gave samples, and most importantly he never asked about his appa in these three days because last time in Busan he made everybody worry by being adamant to see Key. So she felt something strange about Jong Soo.

Mrs.Son suddenly came up with the reason that it was Naeun’s check-up day and decided to take Jong Soo alone to talk. Initially, Naeun said she doesn’t remember that it was her check day and also doesn't want to go when they were waiting for the result but Mrs.Kim convinced her to go as it is important.

“Jong Soo-ah, do you want to come with halmoeni? Let’s see the baby today” Mrs.Son asked Jong Soo.

“Baby!!” Jong Soo got excited.

“Dae baby…your baby sister…” Mrs.Son said pointing at Son Naeun’s popped-out stomach.

“Okay let's go” Jong Soo stood up to go with her.

“Unnie, come with us,” Mrs.Son asked Mrs.Kim.

“No…I'm not coming…” she replied.

“No, since Jong Soo is coming, you too come with us to look after him,” Mrs.Son said.

Mrs.Kim shook her head but Mrs.Son insisted on coming with her; as there must be something for her sudden stubbornness, Mrs.Kim in the end went to the hospital along with Jong Soo.

Mr.Kim, Taemin, and Mr.Lee have come to check the result with their legal team while Nicole came without Key; today morning Key told her to go alone because if the result doesn't favor the others then Taemin and others will make a fuss so Nicole came alone with her lawyer.

As soon as they saw the result, Nicole gave a sarcastic and proud smile to Taemin and others who were in shock by the result.

The result was that none of the samples got matched with Key so it was finally said that they were no match and related.

“No, this is not the correct result,” Taemin said.

Nicole remained silent with a smile on her face, her lawyer came forward, and “How can you say that?” he asked.

“She has manipulated the result” Taemin pointed at Nicole.

This time also Nicole didn’t reply and smiled at Taemin, “Can you prove it?” her lawyer asked.

“Yes,” Taemin said in a firm tone.

“But you have signed an agreement, Mr.Lee” Nicole spoke before her lawyer could reply. “The agreement has clearly stated that you will accept whatever the result is as you all have already agreed with this laboratory and also mentioned that you won't blame it” Nicole stated the agreement and smiled at Taemin.

“No, I won’t agree with the result…you played something behind this” he pointed at the result.

“Well…now you can’t do anything …” She smirked.

“I demand another test,” Taemin said to her lawyer.

“That is against the agreement…we will sue you,” the lawyer said.

Taemin started to argue but Nicole didn’t react much, she smiled at Taemin, “We are leaving” she said and walked away after giving him an evil smile.

Taemin asked Mr.Kim to talk and do something to stop them but he told his legal team to go and asked Taemin to remain silent. Taemin couldn’t understand Mr.Kim’s silence, all he needed was to run behind Nicole and stop her and fight with her but Mr.Lee stopped him. Angrily Taemin followed Mr.Kim.

There was a silence in Mr.Lee’s cabin. As the result was not in their favor, Mr.Lee took them to his office and discuss the test result and their next move before going home to inform Eunji and others. From the laboratory till they reach the office, Mr.Kim didn’t talk and was still thinking but Taemin was angry and frustrated by the other’s silence; before it gets too late, he wants to stop Key from leaving the country.

“How can it be possible?” Mr.Lee broke the silence. “Is he not Key then?” he said.

“No appa…” Taemin shouted, “He is Key Hyung…” he said.

“But the result…”

“That must have done something…” Taemin gritted his teeth in anger, “She is behind everything…she didn’t say no when I blamed her” he said.

“But how can we prove that she is wrong,” Mr.Lee asked.

“We need to take the test again…”

“Taemin, the agreement…” Mr.Lee started.

“No appa…” Taemin interrupted him, “Whatever the agreement may be…but he is Key Hyung, we have to prove it…” he said in a pleading tone. Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee remained silent. “Samcheon…” Taemin went near Mr.Kim, “We should do something…don’t be silent…” Mr.Kim didn’t reply to him and was still thinking, “Appa…” Taemin turned to Mr.Lee, “First we should stop them from leaving the country” he said.

Mr.Lee looked at Mr.Kim for an answer but he was still thinking, “What do you say, Hyung?” he asked Mr.Kim.

Taemin got angry for his silence, “Samcheon…” he shouted and didn’t stop when Mr.Lee stopped him, “Talk...please talk and do something…they should not leave the country…once they have gone that’s all…Hyung will get marry with that evil witch” he shouted.

Mr.Lee still waited for Mr.Kim’s words, Taemin got angrier, “Okay fine…At least I will do something” he said and was about to walk out.

“Taemin…” Mr.Kim spoke his first word which made Taemin stop, “They won’t leave…” he said.

Taemin brought down his shoulder in disappointment, “How can you be so sure about it?” he asked.

“How will he leave the country without his passport?” Mr.Kim said and stood up.

Taemin’s eyes went wide and looked at his appa, “Hyung, are you sure that you still have his passport?” Mr.Lee asked Mr.Kim.

“Dae. Still, it is with me and he never asked it from me” Mr.Kim said in a firm tone.

“Then…what…Samcheon, what is happening?” Taemin asked in confusion.

“I don’t know, Taemin-ah” Mr.Kim shook his head, “But something is going on behind the screen,” he said.

“Is Key doing something?” Mr.Lee asked.

“Dae…I don't know how the result got changed when all our eyes are open but he knows something…He knows I have his passport and still, he told everyone that he will leave…if he wants to leave then he must have done at the moment six months time period got over, couldn’t have waited for this long…” Mr.Kim finished.

“What if Hyung has already taken a test?” Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee looked at him, “Without telling us?” Taemin said.

Before Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee could reply, Taemin's mobile started ringing, “Oh… it's Hyung” Taemin said and attended the call.

‘Taemin-ah…’ Key called out in panic before Taemin could talk.

“Hyung, what happened?” Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee looked curiously for Taemin’s panic tone.

‘Where are Eunji and Jong Soo?’ Key asked.

“They are at Naeun’s home…where are you? At Eunji’s place?” Taemin asked.

‘Dae…They are in danger,' Key altered him immediately.

“Danger?” Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee looked at each other worried.

‘Go…go and check them…I’m on my way’ Key shouted and disconnected the call.

“Samcheon, Eunji, and Jong Soo are in danger…Hyung didn’t say more” Taemin explained.

“Call Naeun immediately and alert them,” Mr.Lee said.

“Okay appa…” after two or three tries, the call got connected.

After the regular check-up, Jong Soo got a chance to see the baby in the scan which made him get more excited. But Mrs.Kim was worried because still she hasn't gotten a call from her husband and she also doesn't dare to call her husband. Instead of going home after the hospital visit, Mrs.Son took everyone to the regular park where Jong Soo goes with Key and Eunji so that she can talk with Jong Soo.

“Jong Soo-ah…how was the baby?” Mrs.Son asked after a moment of silence after they sat down under the shade with their snacks.

“She was so tiny, halmoeni but cute,” Jong Soo said with excitement, “When she will come out?” he asked as he ate his macron.

“Very soon…” Mrs.Son replied with a wide smile.

“Oh…I'm waiting for you my dongsaeng” Jong Soo said as he moved forward to Naeun’s tummy.

“Jong Soo-ah” Mrs.Son again called Jong Soo after a moment of silence, “Do you miss your appa?” she asked. Mrs.Kim immediately got straightened for her words and also Naeun’s eyes went wide in shock.

“Eomma…” Naeun murmured to stop Mrs.Son.

“Dae. I miss appa, Halmeoni” Jong Soo said with a slight pout face; Mrs.Kim got watery eyes for his words.

“Do you know where appa is?” Mrs.Son asked him carefully.

“Eomma…” Naeun called her eomma, gritting her teeth. Mrs.Son ignored her and looked at Jong Soo for his answer.

“Appa has gone to his workplace” Jong Soo replied.

“Who told you this? Eomma?”

“Ani” Jong Soo shook his head, “Appa told,” he said.

His reply surprised everyone and now all three ladies' attention was on Jong Soo; they realized that Jong Soo knows some hidden details.

“Appa told?” Jong Soo nodded his head at her, “When did appa tell you?” she asked next.

“Huh… a few days back…before I went to Daegu…” he said.

“Before that?” Mrs.Kim asked.

“Dae…” Jong Soo nodded his head, “When I lost in an art competition I was crying so appa took me to get ice cream and told me he is going to his workplace” he explained.

Mrs.Kim recalls their visit and got realized that Key was solving all issues for Eunji during his visit to Daegu – made Mrs.Kim talk to know her true intention about Eunji, spoke with Eunji’s eomma; and now she came to know that even before coming to Daegu, he has already prepared Jong Soo. Looking at Mrs.Kim’s curiosity in her eyes, Mrs.Son confidently asked her next questions to Jong Soo.

“What else did appa tell you?” Mrs.Son asked.

“Appa told me that he is going to his workplace…” all three ladies were listening carefully, “He told he left some of his things so he will go to get them and come back soon”

“Come back? Did appa tell you that he will come back, Jong Soo-ah?” Naeun asked.

“Dae Imo…” he nodded his head confidently, “He said he will come soon and then he won't go back again” all ladies' eyes went wide, “Till then he told me to listen to eomma and not to make her get worried,” he said.

“Oh, that’s why Jong Soo-ah didn’t cry for an injection this time?” Mrs.Son asked.

“Dae…Appa told me to be brave and take care of eomma and listen to her when Appa is not near”

“When will appa come back? Did he say that to you?” Mrs.Son asked.

“Aniyo…but he said he will come soon…” Jong Soo gave a shy smile at them which made the ladies guess there is much more details to know, “Appa told once he come back, he will be always with me and eomma…and he will get me more dongsaeng...I asked appa for baby sister, baby brother”’ he showed his counted two fingers at them.

"Did appa tell you?” Naeun asked with wide eyes.

“Dae Imo…he made a promise,” he said with excitement.

All three ladies now understood that there were a lot of things going on behind the scenes and nothing happened coincidently. Before they could talk, they were interrupted by a small girl’s voice.

“Jong Soo-ah…” all looked at the small girl calling Jong Soo.

“Heejin-ah…” Jong Soo called her in excitement and waved at her; she showed him her new football.

“Halmeoni…” Jong Soo turned to Mrs.Son, “Heejin-ah came, shall I go to play with her?’ he asked.

“Dae…but play nearby…don’t go long,” she said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter