Chapter - 1

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its 5:30 AM. Jung Eunji woke up quickly to stop the alarm before it rings louder. Quickly she looks at her son Kim Jong Soo who is sleeping next to her with his small arms around her. A smile forward on her face as she caresses her son's hair and kissed his forehead before turning to her husband Kim Kibum's photo, "Good Morning Kibum-ah," she said with a smile as she holds his photo. Then she got down from the bed to start her day. Before her son gets up she runs around her kitchen to prepare breakfast and lunch for them.

"Aegi..." Eunji called her son in soft voice as she sits next to him on the bed, "It’s time to get up" she said in much louder voice than before, "Get up" she shook his body softly. Five years old Kim Jong Soo moved slowly and smiled at his eomma, "Good Morning Eomma," he said and hugged his eomma. "Good Morning aegi" Eunji hugged and kissed his cheeks, "Lets get ready for school" Jong Soo nodded his head with a smile and went to the bathroom.

Eunji walks to and fro to the kitchen and bedroom as she packs lunch for her and Jong Soo and also gets ready for her work. For a moment, she stopped her way when she saw empty pots in the balcony; she went near them, crouch down to take a closer look, there were some empty pots and some are half filled with soil.

'They are like our kids, Eunji-yah' She got remembered of Kibum's words which he said while planting new plant sapling. Before she was sad and weak so, she couldn't able to look after the plant saplings; it all got dried off. Then in her busy life she couldn't plant any new plant saplings. "I'm Sorry, Kibum-ah; I couldn't able to look after our kids..." she said as she looks at those empty pots. She then went to resume her household works when she heard Jong Soo calling her.

"Shall we get started, aegi?" She asked Jong Soo as she checks his uniform for last time. "Yes, eomma" Jong Soo nodded with a bright smile and turned to his appa's photo to say bye and give kisses.

Before going out she again looked herself at the mirror for one more time. 'Short hair will look good on you Eunji-yah'  A smile formed on her face when Kibum's word ringed inside her head. She caresses her side partition straightened short hair one more time and thinks his words again. "Eomma, shall we?" Jong Soo's voice made her come back to her senses. She quickly snapped herself and grabbed her son's hand to go out.

Eunji listens to her son's to-do list in his school as she drives her car. Eunji again did a check on her son after they had got down from the car before his school. She kissed on his both cheeks, "Be good to everyone, aegi," she said, and the boy nodded his head and hugged her once again before going inside the school. Till he gets disappeared, Eunji stood there and looked at him with a smile.

After dropping her son in the school, she came back to her office. She works in export and manufacturing company from which she gets a good sum of amount as a salary to lead a good and decent life with her son. It was the company in which Kibum was working before.

"Aish...its public guys..." Eunji pretended to close her eyes when she saw Lee Taemin and Son Naeun who still thinks as a newly married couple even after two years of marriage, giving their send off kiss.

"Unnie...you came..." Naeun said in bright tone. Eunji waved her hand. "Eunji, Has Jong Soo gone to school?" Taemin asked.

"Dae, I just dropped him in the school now" Eunji said with a smile, "Yah...its public...behave yourself..." she said as she points their hand which is still wrapping each other. Both chuckled but still didn't make any effort to remove their hands.

Eunji saw it and shook her head in disappointment, "I'm leaving first," she said and walked inside. Taemin and Naeun were looking at her till she goes inside, "She looks tired," Taemin said. Naeun nodded. Taemin and Naeun knows very well how much Eunji as a widow mother works hard to raise her only son Kim Jong Soo.

Without wasting time, Eunji started her work. Always her performance in work was good and perfect, so most of the company's important work was given to her and also general manager Mr.Suho always trust her for important projects.

"Came early?" Eunji lifted her head for the voice, its Suho standing before her with a smile. As soon as he came to office, Suho walked to her.

"Dae. Still have unfinished job." Eunji pointed at her computer screen.

"Has Jong Soo gone to school?" Suho asked next.

"Hmmm..." Eunji nodded her head.

"Carry on..." He said and stood there for few seconds looking at her. Even before entering his cabin, Suho turned and looked at her again.

Naeun, who is sitting across Eunji, got a smile as she sees Suho looking at Eunji. Naeun still remember how Suho got panic and restless when Eunji was not feeling well.

Once Eunji came to office looking tired and weak. "Unnie, your temperature is high," Naeun said as soon as she touches Eunji's forehead.

"Hmmm yes...I think its fever and body pain...that's all..." Eunji said in hoarse voice.

"Then why did you come to office today?" Naeun asked, "Did you take medicine?" Before Eunji could reply, Suho called her to his room with an important file through intercom.

Naeun looks worried as she watches Eunji walking slowly towards the room. As soon as she opens the door, Eunji fainted.

"Unnie", " Eunji..." both Naeun and Suho called out in panic. Suho realised her body temperature and carried her in his hand and ran towards his car as Naeun came running back at them, to take her to hospital. Suho was staying in the hospital even after Naeun's eomma came there. She even asked Suho to go home, but he prefers to stay in hospital till Eunji gets her conscious. Till Eunji come back to work after two days, Suho was worried and calling her day and night to know about her health and Jong Soo.

'How does he still have feelings for unnie after all these days?' she asked herself before starting her work.

It was like as usual day for them, during lunch Eunji called Jong Soo's teacher to ask about Jong Soo's day. It was her regular thing; she always wants to know how he is doing.

Evening at sharp 5:30 PM Eunji leaves the office, she won’t do late works and also Suho wot't give or allow her to work late, always he makes sure Eunji leaves office at usual time. Most of the time, Naeun accompany Eunji to pick Jong Soo to spend time with him. That day also, she came to Jong Soo's school with Eunji to pick him.

"Eomma!" Jong Soo came running to Eunji, leaving his playmates in the ground as soon as he saw her. Eunji hugged and kissed him.

"Oh Jong Soo-ah, won't you hug Naeun-ah Imo now?" Naeun asked with pout face.

"Imo..." He hugged her, "Taemin Samcheon odiya?" He asked looking around.

"He will soon come here, till then let's play," Naeun said and went to ground to play with him. Eunji was looking at them.

After an hour, Taemin showed up. Jong Soo was extra happy to play with his Taemin Samcheon. For Jong Soo other than his eomma, he knows only Taemin Samcheon and Naeun Imo and their parents. Sometimes his Minki Samcheon, Eunji's younger brother comes to meet Jong Soo with gifts whenever he comes to Seoul and Minho Samcheon who is a football coach will visit him during his holidays. Naeun and Taemin's parents also treat Jong Soo and love him as their own grandson. Everybody loves Jong Soo, and Jong Soo also loves them but he always want his appa to be with him.

Jong Soo for first time he realized that his appa was not with him was when his friends brought both their mom and dad on parents teacher meeting in his pre-school while Jong Soo went alone with his eomma. That night Jong Soo asked his eomma about his appa. It is not like he doesn't know who his appa is. Jong Soo everyday after and before bed he greets his appa's photo. Even if anyone asks him, who is his appa, 'My appa is Kim Kibum,' Jong Soo says but he doesn't know his appa is no more.

Whenever he asks Eunji, 'Where is Appa? Why he is not with us?' She replies, 'Appa works far away, he will come back soon from work' because she knows Jong Soo is not matures enough to understand the real reason.

After playing with Taemin and Naeun, Eunji called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter