Chapter - 13

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Eunji!" Ken called out after she got down from the car. She bends down and looked at him, "Tonight let's talk," he said. Eunji nodded with a smile and walked in.

Naeun blocked the way as she stood before Eunji with her hands on her hip. "So how was your date?" Naeun asked.

"Date? Ah...move" Eunji moved her.

"Unnie, don't try to hide from me, and I know it is a date," Naeun said as she follows Eunji.

"No...it is not a date."

"So Oppa came here coincidentally huh?"

"Yes," Eunji sat on her seat, "He was just going by this way," she said.

"It's a Lie!" Naeun said looking at her, "Taemin Oppa told me everything," Naeun said.

"What did he say?"

"Key Oppa doesn't have work outside the office. He took a leave to go out with you" Eunji gave a questioning look, "Yes. Key Oppa took a leave to go out with you" Naeun said again. Eunji shook her head like she didn't believe her words but got a small smile.

"So what did Oppa do yesterday?" Naeun asked curiously.

"We went for lunch and were talking about old stories," Eunji said as her eyes were on the computer screen.

"Old stories?"

"Dae...old..." Eunji immediately got straightened up and looked at Naeun with wide eyes realizing that she didn't say to Naeun and Taemin that what she and Ken were doing now.

"Naeun-ah" Eunji grabbed her hand and made her sit on the chair, "I forgot to tell you something," she said.

"So Oppa wants to know what happened between you and him? Woah...he wants to know" Naeun got exclaimed and cupped her face in surprise.

"What do you think?" Eunji asked.

"Woah...it is a good sign unnie, tell him everything...he will get to remember soon..." Naeun said with a big smile. As they were talking Suho called Eunji to his cabin.

Ken gave a big smile at Eunji as soon as he saw her coming down from her office in the evening. She gave a small smile, and he started the conversation, "How was your day?" he asked.

"Good," she said and looked silent.

After Jong Soo got into the car, his voice occupied the whole atmosphere. "Stop near the store, we should get some things," Eunji said.

Eunji was picking Jong Soo's all favorite snacks and even ask him to get any other snacks he needs which made him get excited as Eunji always prefer to give him homemade snacks, while Ken was watching her as he moves the trolley. Ken understands that Eunji has something in her mind and is worried. "Can I get this?" Ken pointed at the beer cans. Eunji shook her head, Ken nodded at her.

"Appa, help me with my home assignment. I have a lot to do" Jong Soo said as soon as they enters their living room.

"Dae. I will help you," Ken said.

"Aegi..." Eunji turned Jong Soo to her, "Tomorrow you are not going to school" Jong Soo's eyes went wide, and got a big smile, "We are going for a trip," she finished. 

"Trip?" Jong Soo got excited for that word, "Appa, is it true?" he asked. Ken nodded at him as he looks confused. 

"Appa then lets us..." Jong Soo started.

"Aegi..." Eunji interrupted him, "It's only me and you, appa is not coming with us," she said. Ken got even more confused and looked at her for answers, "I'm going for a meeting for two days so I thought of taking him with me," Eunji said. 

"Appa?" Jong Soo asked pointing at Ken. 

"Appa can't come with us aegi" 

"No, appa has to come with us" Jong Soo grabbed Ken's hand, "Appa, come with us," he asked as he popped out his puppy eyes. 

"Why can't I come?" Ken wants to know the reason as because Eunji has concluded that he can't come even before he says his opinion. 

"I'm going to Tokyo," Eunji said. Ken nodded his head in understanding that she was right, he can't go with her because his passport was still with Mr.Kim. 

"Jong Soo-ah, Appa can't come with you..." Ken crouched down and started. 

"Then I'm also not going" Jong Soo hugged him.

"Aegi, come with eomma..." Eunji doesn't want to burden Ken by leaving Jong Soo with him, "Appa will be busy with his work... Let's go for a trip," she tries to convince him.

"Aniyo, I want to be with appa"

"If you are here then, you have to go to school, so come with eo..."

"I will go to school" Jong Soo cut her with his reply. Ken chuckled at Eunji's shocked expression. 

"It's okay, you are coming with me tomorrow," Eunji said in a firm tone. 

"Appa, I'm not going. I want to be with you. Please. Please", he hugged Ken. Ken couldn't say no to him, "Okay be with appa," he said. 

"No, I will take him with me," Eunji replied.

"It's okay."

“No, I will take him with me," Ken said with a smile. 

"No..."

“It's okay Eunji. We will be good," he assured her. Jong Soo was so happy that he is going to spend two days alone with his appa. 

That night Ken couldn't able to talk with Eunji as she was busy packing and writing notes for Ken about the household works and things to do for Jong Soo. Eunji was not happy for going for a meeting leaving Jong Soo alone with Ken and also in these few days she was getting close to Ken. Like Ken, Eunji was also excited and waited to go home to spend the time with Ken, continuing her story but this official trip to Tokyo gave her disappointment. She tried to avoid the trip but as it's regarding her work, she couldn't able to avoid it. Before leaving for the airport, Eunji again gave detailed instructions to Jong Soo and Ken. She looks worried but Ken assured her again that they will be fine. 

After dropping Jong Soo at the school, Ken went to his office. "Didn't you go to drop Naeun-ah in the airport?" Ken asked Taemin when they met in his room. 

"Drop? Airport?" Taemin asked. 

"Is Naeun-ah not going for the meeting?" 

"Oh...only Suho Hyung and Eunji are going to attend the meeting." 

"Why?"

"Because he needs only one team member with him"

"Then why not it is Naeun-ah? Why Eunji?"

"Because he needs only one team member with him" 

"Then why..." Ken stopped realizing that Suho takes advantage of Eunji. He also remembers Soyou's words again about Suho and also Eunji saying to him that Suho gave an idea of showing her angry on Kibum to a sandbag.

"Then why...what, Hyung?" Taemin asked. Ken shook his head and started doing his work. Taemin turned back before leaving the room and got a smile when Ken got disappointed knowing about Eunji. Naeun has already informed Taemin about Eunji and Ken talking about their old days but Taemin didn't show him that he knows because they both themselves have to know about each other again.

Evening Ken went to pick up Jong Soo; after picking Jong Soo, Eunji and Ken usually come home but today it was not like usually, Jong Soo pleaded with Ken to play with him and his friends so, Ken accepted it as because there is no work for them at home; Eunji has already prepared them dinner before leaving. So Ken got a few more hours to play with Jong Soo and then came home after getting Jong Soo's favorite snacks. That day without Eunji was not so difficult for Ken because Eunji has already done all things for them. He also gave the regular update about Jong Soo to Eunji till he goes to sleep. Instead of Eunji's song, that night Ken told a story to him.

Jong Soo was sleeping with Ken but he still didn't sleep; still thinking about their stories. After a thought, he took his mobile, 'Did you give the star to the painting?' He texted Eunji. He didn't expect any reply soon as he knows she has already slept off. But in the middle of the night, he checks his mobile. A smile formed on his face when he saw Eunji's message, 'S'. From her reply he understood in the middle of her sleep she replied for him. But that one letter gave Ken a lot of thought. 'I know she would have given the star. If Kibum looks like me then it means he is handsome like me so obviously she could have fallen for him, 'Love at first sight' but she didn't say him. I know Eunji' a proud smile formed on his face, 'It's hard to not fall for me. I know' he thought and felt proud before he goes back to his sleep.

The next day it was not the same for Ken and Jong Soo, it was hectic. He is running between Kitchen, room, and Jong Soo. With Eunji, all this work was shared so it was not tough but handling alone was so difficult for him. Rushing everything, Ken dropped Jong Soo in his school and went back to the office. Looking at him tired Taemin teases Ken that he is happy that Naeun didn't go with Suho. That irked Ken because they were in the middle of the story and Suho took away Eunji to Japan.

'I made her take half a day off but this Suho took her away for two days...he is...I want to know what happened next...' Ken got frustrated. 

Ken finds it difficult to manage between a kid, work, and home, and his pet dogs are also included in it. After work, he has work to do in the kitchen. That evening Nicole called him, it was the same as before between them - Ken doesn't give her regular updates when she calls or texts her he replies, and after Ken started talking about Eunji and Kibum, calls duration between them turns out to be two or three minutes. 

"Cole...tell me..." Ken said to Nicole over the phone.

'Sweetheart, what are you doing? Did you check the mail?' Nicole asked.

"Mail? What mail?" 

'Our wedding invitation...did you check it?' Nicole said in a disappointed tone. He didn't reply, 'Ken, are you listening to me?' She asked in frustration. 

"What? What did you say I didn't listen?" Ken said after he successfully had turned the omelet in the pan.

'Ken... it's about our wedding invitation. Check your mail...' She said with a frustrated tone.

"Jong Soo-ah..." Ken called out instead of replying to her, it irked Nicole from the other side, "Appa told you not to touch it," he said to Jong Soo in a disappointed tone.

‘Ken...Ken...' She called him over and over again. 

"Ah...sorry Nicole...I will call you back...mail, I will check it," he said and disconnected the call.

"Eomma!!" Jong Soo called out as soon as Eunji's face popped out on the screen that evening on Ken's mobile.

'Aegi...what is it...on your face?' Eunji asked in a panic looking at Jong Soo whose forehead and cheeks were with a powder.

"Eomma, bean powder," Ken said and showed his hands that were covered with bean powder. 

'Bean powder? For what?' She asked holding up her laugh. 

Before he could reply, "Eunji! Is it you?" Ken called out as if he felt he was saved on an isolated island and showed his face, Eunji laughed out as soon as she saw Ken whose face was also covered with powder, "When are you coming back?" He asked in a pleading tone, "Why didn't you tell me about comme des? Whenever I take the vacuum cleaner, he gets angry," he said all difficulties he faced. 

'You have to tie him up before you start cleaning.'

"You didn't say that to me..." Ken complied back.

'I thought you knew'

"I don't know...He comes to bit me." Eunji started laughing. 

'Is it bean powder on your face?' Eunji asked as she holds back her laugh at him.

"No, it's flour," Ken said with a pout face.

‘Yah...what you both are doing there? Who spilled all these?' She asked in a demanding voice. Ken and Jong Soo pointed at each other. 

'Both?' 

"Dae Eomma...Appa spilled the bean powder" Jong Soo pointed at Ken.

"He spilled the flour" Ken pointed at Jong Soo. 

'You both...' Knowing his eomma's next move, Jong Soo gave the mobile to Ken and ran away. 'Yah...Jong Soo wait...' But he ran away, letting Ken handle her.

"Sorry...I was careless" Ken surrendered, "While taking flour, I dropped bean powder and while working Jong Soo dropped the flour...commedes and gracons started playing with it and all around its bean powder and flour." Ken said everything that happened that evening. 

'I’m sorry...' Eunji said in low voice. 

"Hey... it's not your mistake"

'I shouldn't have left him there with you'

"Eunji" Ken called her in a firm tone, she looked up, "We are fine. It was fun, we are good. I can manage," he said and smiled at her, "Don't worry," he said.

'I miss you both' Eunji said looking at him. Before he could say next, Jong Soo popped out on the screen with gracons in his hand which is covered in flour all over, "Nado Eomma," he said with a big smile. Noticing Eunji's eyes moved to gracons, Ken understood that Eunji could have realized how much flour they have spilled, he gave an awkward smile to her and waved at her before he disconnected the call before she could talk next.

"Aish...these boys..." she got a smile and turned to see Suho was looking at her all these times.

After her meetings got over, Eunji reached Seoul after midnight. When she came in, commedes and gracons wagged their tail to welcome her. She looked around the living room; it was not messy like she expected but messy; still, laundry works were not finished, the kitchen was not so clean as usual. She opened Ken's room, a smile forming on her face as she sees Jong Soo and Ken sleeping snuggling close to each other.

Morning Ken and Jong Soo woke up with the smell of bacon. "Eomma!" Jong Soo murmured as soon as he realises that his eomma has come back home. He jumped out of the bed and ran to the kitchen while Ken

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter