Chapter - 17

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what is your plan?” Soyou asked Ken as they came out of Ken’s office. It's been a long time so Soyou stopped at Ken's office to meet Ken and Taemin as she passed by their office. Ken invited her to his place after he finishes his office work.

“Pick up Jong Soo, get snacks for him, and go home. Maybe I have to prepare dinner?” Ken said as they walked to his car in Ken’s office car parking basement.

“Then what about Eunji?” Soyou asked in confusion.

“She is at home, took half a day off,” Ken said and started his car engine.

“Wae? Not feeling well?” Ken shook his head with a smile.

Eunji after finishing her morning work she reached her office but she couldn't concentrate on her work, felt tired without any sleep at night. When she couldn't manage anymore, she took an off for the day and informed Ken about going home and asked him if he could pick up Jong Soo from the school, for which he happily accepted it.

Ken slowly without making any noise opened Eunji's door, Ken and Soyou saw Eunji sleeping as she hugged the pillow.

“She has that grumpy face even in her sleep,” Soyou said. Ken smiled, “She is a mochi,” he said in a low voice as he closed the door.

“What? Mochi?” Soyou asked. Ken nodded with a smile, “Yah...are you mad?” Soyou asked and refused to accept Ken's word.

Ken gave a quick fresh up to Jong Soo while Soyou arranged the snacks that they brought for them. As Ken asked Jong Soo not to disturb Eunji from her sleep, Jong Soo sat down in the living room eating the snacks as he played games on Soyou’s mobile.

“Why is she sleeping now?” Soyou asked as Ken prepared coffee for them, “You too look tired” she said looking at him.

“We didn't sleep yesterday night,” he said.

“Both of you?” She exclaimed. Ken nodded at her, “Yah...you both...Did...” her words trailed off.

“Yah...stop your imagination,” he said. Soyou gave an embarrassed smile.

“Then what were you both doing without sleeping?” She asked curiously.

“Talking” Ken said as they sat on the couch.

“Talking?” Soyou asked in confusion, “What were you talking about?” she asked.

“Huh...about Eunji...and...Kibum” Ken looked at her.

“Kibum?” Soyou exclaimed.

“Just like how they met, what they did...” Ken said and looked at her. Soyou let out a small laugh, she can understand that Ken wants to know about it, “Nice” she said and sipped her coffee.

“She said...” Ken pointed at Eunji's door, “that Kibum-ah found his things in her room, is it true?” He asked Soyou.

“Yes!” She nodded and sipped her coffee, “She liked you but didn't say it. But you found out. How big cheat she is, right?” She said,

Key chuckled imagining the situation, “Then what happened?” He asked in curiosity. Soyou recalls their college days and starts telling him about it.

--FLASHBACK--

Key wasn't able to be comfortable in a girl's room; he wanted to leave the room as soon as possible. He guessed that Eunji was using that room. Quickly he had a look at the mirror to make sure his hair was set and was about to leave the room but stopped his way when something got caught in his eyes. It is a coffee cup which was kept in the corner study table, that cup is used as a pen stand and the name ‘Eunji' was written on it with a few pink small hearts drawn around the name. Key took the cup in his hand thinking about whether Eunji couldn't afford a pen stand. As he thinks, he slowly turned around the cup to take a look at it; his eyes went wide when he saw a key drawn on the other side with some small pink hearts just like the other side. Key remembers giving a coffee to Eunji during the play rehearsal as he sees that drawing. He took the pens and pencils from the cup and found two beer bottle caps with an initial K and E written on them; he remembered drinking beer with Eunji at the celebration party. He then looked at the table from where he took the coffee cup, now knowing that it is Eunji's study table he looked at the notebook on the table. A notebook that looked puffed up got his attention; he opened it and saw his handkerchief which he gave at a play rehearsal. He opened his handkerchief; a key drawing was drawn at the corner of the handkerchief.

When Eunji nodded her head for his question, his eyes went wide, and left those things on her table again and walked out. Eunji called him when he got down the stairs; he looked up and walked away without saying a word.

The next morning Eunji had already decided to talk with Key about the situation but she couldn't find him. She checks his car in the parking lot but she can't make sure he has come to college because sometimes his friends use his car. She walked around his department but she couldn't find him; she asked Suho to know whether Key had come to college.

“Yes, he was there in the class but don't know where he is now” Suho replied. He asked the reason for searching Key but Eunji refused to reply to him which made Suho feel bad. Eunji again searched for Key in the break, she saw all his friends but she couldn't find Key.

In the evening with high disappointment, Eunji was walking in the office corridor. Her eyes went wide when she bumped on Key, “Sunbae...” Her lips murmured. Both were looking at each other.

“I think we have something to talk” Key said. Those words gave chills in her body, Eunji nodded her head nervously. Both were sitting on the bench of open space, only one or two people were walking there.

“So those things?” Key broke the silence.

Eunji took a deep breath and looked at him, “Dae. I like you Sunbae” Key was quite taken aback by her sudden straight confession.

“I...” Key started.

“I know Sunbae has a girlfriend” Eunji interrupted him.

“You know?” Key's eyes went wide, Eunji nodded her head. Key bit his lips to suppress his smile, “So you know but still you...” He stopped his words when Eunji nodded her head as she understood his words.

“Dae. I know, that's why I didn't tell you or show it” Eunji replied, looking at him. She felt there was no reason for her to hide the truth from him anymore.

“So if I didn't see those things then you wouldn't have to tell me about it?” Eunji nodded her head, “So you would have to hide it from me and move on. Is that your plan?” Eunji nodded her head again without looking at him. “Who told you that I have a girlfriend? “ he asked.

“Jonghyun Sunbae told me!”

Key let out a sigh and stood up, “Okay go with your plan?” He said and walked away. Eunji was standing still and looking at him walking away.

“Yah...did you tell Eunji about my Halmeoni?” Key as soon as he entered their living room asked Jonghyun who was lying on the couch as he was reading a book.

“Aniyo!” Key looked confused, “Ah...When you went home, she asked. That time I told her” Jonghyun replied.

“What did you tell her?”

“You went home” Key again looked confused, “Ani...you went to meet your girlfriend,” he said and looked at Key, “Wae?” he asked. Key shook his head and walked to his room.

Eunji knows well that Key will reply like this and it is her fault but still she felt disappointed. She still hasn't shared her feelings for Key with Bomi or Naeun, so she decided to be the same. She needed to move on so she decided not to see Key often on the campus.

Like she decided, Eunji tried her best not to come across Key on the campus, so she didn't keep an eye on Naeun and Taemin's meeting, she even most of the time avoided coming out of her class during breaks and left the campus soon so that she doesn't have to meet any of her friends after class. Most of the time her plans worked but sometimes she came across Key. Once during her music club meeting, Key came to see Jonghyun. Eunji didn't look up or turn in his direction. Like usual some junior girls spoke with him. Those girls spoke with him about his previous year's dance performance which they saw on the website and also asked him to perform this year for which he didn't give a proper reply.

Eunji was listening to their conversation but didn't look at them. She wonders how Key answers everyone's question with this patience, usually he avoids quickly and walks away but today he talks with all. When the junior girl asked to perform for him this year, Eunji concentrated more without turning to their direction, to know his answer.

“What type of performance do you want?” Jonghyun, who was next to Key, asked the junior girl.

“y!” that junior girl replied with a shy smile. Everyone started laughing at her reply while Eunji didn't find it as a joke, she didn't like that idea.

“Hmmm okay, I will try!” Key replied. Eunji looked at him for the first time after he came there but Key was laughing at that girl's reaction in excitement.

Eunji came to the gym for her usual workout, Minho who recently changed his timing because of his football practice session was already there doing his workout. Since she won't have any problem with facing Minho, she doesn't feel uncomfortable. As she does her workout she hears a familiar voice, it is Key coming there looking for Minho. Eunji felt the burden of seeing him again; she didn't turn but looked at him through the mirror reflection. Key caught her looking at him through the mirror, and Eunji immediately turned away. Key was asking and searching for some keys in Minho's bags.

“You are making too much noise here, Key” Key stood still and turned to look at Suho. Key got a serious face as he felt that he was being accused rather than being given a warning.

“Did anyone complain about it?” Key asked in a serious tone.

“No need to complain, I can tell by myself,” Suho said in a cold tone. Key can understand that Suho was targeting him not for the noise he was making but for something else, Key eyes moved to Eunji who is now pretending as if she is more concentrated on her workout.

“Only at the allocated time you can come to the gym, I hope you are not registered here so go out,” Suho said in a commanding tone which irritated Key. He walked out, Eunji felt relieved that he went but also got worried for Key looking angry.

It didn't take much time. Soon Key came back but this time he came back with a smiling face; Eunji realized he had done something to make Suho angry and frustrated. Suho looked confused, his happy victorious smile that he had for kicking Key out of the gym was now gone. Before he couldn't ask the reason for Key's revisit, Suho got a call from Kang Ho Dong, the disciplinarian of the college asking Suho to register Key on his flexible timing. Suho couldn’t say no to him so he doesn't have a choice other than registering Key's name.

“So I think now I can enter the gym, I'm a member here, right?” Key said and gave a proud winning smile. Eunji's heart dropped, the gym is the only place where she won't come across Key but from now he can come here too.

Even though Eunji comes across Key on the campus they don't have a chance to talk. But that too got spoiled when Bomi and Naeun wanted to meet Minho before he went for his football training; they took Eunji also to meet Minho. Eunji hesitated because she knows Key will be there but they pulled her to meet Minho. Like Eunji thought, Key, Onew, Jonghyun and Taemin have come to send off Minho for his one-week football training; Key was checking Minho's bags and teasing him that they will be happy without him. Girls came there; Bomi asked her to do well so that he can achieve like his dad who is a great football coach. Key and Eunji had a little eye contact.

“Oppa, your watch is nice,” Naeun said as she pointed at Key's expensive watch in his hand. Eunji looked at his watch after Naeun's words.

“Hyung's girlfriend got him!” Taemin said to her.

“Oh Sunbae, you have a girlfriend?” Bomi asked Key.

“Dae...He has a girlfriend” Minho said before Key could reply.

“Pretty girlfriend!” Jonghyun said next.

“Rich too!” Minho said again before Key talked next.

Eunji doesn't want to hear the conversation, it is her least favorite topic to talk about but she ends up hearing everything; she feels sad.

“Oppa, then show us your girlfriend, we want to meet,” Naeun said in a pleading tone. Eunji bit her lips to hide her anger at Naeun for her request.

“Okay, I will give an intro. You all will like her” Key said with a smile. Key and Eunji made eye contact; Key turned away quickly.

The gym was always a quiet place for Eunji but that was also not good because of Key and Soyou. She knows that both Key and Soyou aren't the types of preferring workout, they always go with dieting. So she knows Key comes there to irritate Suho and Soyou to irritate her. There are many times Eunji wants to fight back or argue back with Soyou but she leaves the place not to face Key.

Whenever Naeun sees Key, she always asks to show his girlfriend which irks Eunji. She secretly prayed hard that she should get a chance to meet Key's girlfriend.

That was the day Eunji, when walking out from the library with Naeun, saw a girl come running to Key with a lot of excitement and hugged him; her eyes went wide and her head could make a simple calculation and guess who that girl was.

“Unnie, that must be Oppa’s girlfriend,” Naeun said in an excited tone pointing at Key and the girl, “Let's go there!” Naeun quickly grabbed Eunji’s hand and ran to them.

“We are happy to see you here again Arisa!” Jonghyun was talking when Eunji and Naeun reached the place.

“Oppa, is it your girlfriend?” Naeun asked Key in an excited tone.

“Yes, I'm his girlfriend,” the girl said before Key could reply, “Yagi Arisa” she replied with a smile, “And you are?” She asked Naeun and Eunji.

“This is Son Naeun, Taemin's girlfriend,” Key said as he pointed at Naeun and then he looked at Eunji, “She...” He started.

“I'm Eunji, junior” Eunji said and acted normally before everyone. Key and Eunji had eye contact but turned away quickly when others started talking.

That night through Naeun, Eunji learned that the new girl is Yagi Arisa from Japan, she is the daughter of Key's appa's close business partner in Japan and she is going to stay in Seoul for the next three months for her international student exchange program. Naeun and Bomi praise Arisa for her beauty and soft nature and also for her richness, Eunji felt bad for her unheard prayers and battling her feelings. Inside the campus, Eunji comes across Key and Arisa, which affects her. Suho can see Eunji looking sad but doesn't know the answer; he tries to cheer her up by showing interesting facts and books whenever she comes to the gym. But that didn't work, being sad and feeling down always made her sick.

At a point after talking to her eomma, Eunji felt bad for herself for being stuck in the same place and she decided to move on, she realized that she has a lot of responsibility for her family and her future. She now again started concentrating more on her studies, music, and work. She properly made a daily routine so that she won't get distracted from her work. Only once she bumped Key on the streets when she was with her eomma and little brother Minki who came to visit her for a weekend. But they just walked away with greetings. Out of all, her music gave her a lot of relaxation and peace, because of that she was able to win prizes in the cultural programs. She won first place in three cultural music programs consecutively which gave her a lot of appreciation from her music club.

“Congrats on your third win, Eunji!” Minho said to Eunji when Minho and Jonghyun came across Eunji on the campus. Eunji thanked him and also congratulated him for performing well on the football team. Recently Minho was also busy with his football matches so he couldn't come to the gym regularly like before so after a long time, Minho and Eunji are talking. As they were talking, all their other friends came there; Key and Arisa also came there but Eunji didn't mind them.

“Let's go for a trip,” Onew said the idea, “We have a lot to celebrate - Eunji won music programs, Minho did well in matches, Naeun in her art competition and Bomi and Taemin going for dance competition...and above all, Arisa is going back after her three months course program, So let's go for a trip” he reasoned out.

“Dae... let's go for the trip,” Taemin said in an excited tone, “It will be fun, Naeun-ah,” he said looking at Naeun.

“Aniyo Oppa, if eomma knows...no no...I'm not coming” Naeun shook her head.

“Naeun-ah, Eunji will talk to your eomma,” Taemin said nonchalantly, pointing at Eunji.

“Andwae, I'm not going to talk...” Eunji said in a loud tone, “And...I'm also not coming

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter