Chapter - 2

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Halmeoni, this is my books..."

"Halmeoni, my toys..."

“Halabeoji, that is my drawing...”

"Halabeoji...That is me in the photo..."

Jong Soo was showing all his things to his Halmeoni and Halabeoji. As soon as Mrs.Kim came near Eunji and Jong Soo, she crouched down to Jong Soo and hugged him tightly and started crying. Jong Soo got shocked for her reaction and looked at his eomma for help.

"Do you know who am I?" Mrs.Kim asked Jong Soo after pulling away from the hug. Jong Soo shook his head and moved closer to his eomma.

"Aegi..." Eunji crouched down and turned him to her, "Your halmeoni...Appa's eomma..." She said.

"Halmeoni???"

Eunji nodded, "Halmeoni..." Jong Soo called her in excited voice with a wide smile and wrapped his tiny arms around Mrs.Kim's neck, which made her tears to rolled down from her eyes in happiness.

Eunji welcomed them to her apartment and Jong Soo was happy to see his Halmeoni and Halabeoji. All these days he knows only Taemin and Naeun's parents, but seeing his appa's parents makes him get happy. He took them for a small tour inside their apartment in which he showed all his toys, books, photos, etc. Eunji's apartment is a small apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen and living room, and also a small balcony. A small family can fit into the apartment comfortably, which was bought by Kibum with initial payment and later Eunji paid off. Most of the things are unmoved as it was arranged by Kibum, in later days Eunji added Kibum's drawings and photos in all the rooms so that she and Jong Soo can always look at Kibum all the time.

Eunji has never seen Jong Soo before this happy, she never care to make him do his regular routine work that evening. She let him spend time with his grandparents while she was preparing dinner for them. Eunji wonders about sudden visit for Kibum's parents, many thoughts ran inside her head but above all reasons, one reason popped out higher.

'Are they here to take Jong Soo with them?'

But she quickly stopped thinking about all these unwanted thoughts. She was confident that she can make any type of negotiation with Mrs.&Mr.Kim.

On the other side, Mrs.&Mr.Kim was very happy to see them. As they play and talk with Jong Soo, their guilty feelings grow inside. Mrs.Kim got emotional, tears were falling from her eyes without her knowledge as she talks with Jong Soo. Mr.Kim always put his hands on her shoulder to calm her down.

Mrs.Kim felt guilty for her words which she said to Eunji when they heard she was pregnant. Mrs.Kim was so strong in her decision that it is not her son's baby and refuse to accept Eunji. But today when she saw Jong Soo, she couldn't believe her eyes. Jong Soo looks exactly like her son Kibum at the age of five. Jong Soo innocent talks and behaviour made them to feel like they should sentence to death for abandoning him and his eomma for all these days.

Even after all sat down for dinner, Jong Soo, who sat between Mrs.&Mr.Kim hasn't stopped his stories, Mrs.&Mr.Kim didn't bother to stop him also; they were happily hearing all his stories.

"But Halmeoni, why didn't you come before to see me?" Jong Soo asked while Mrs.Kim was feeding him food. Mrs.&Mr.Kim's eyes went wide, and no words came out of their mouth. So Eunji immediately step in, "Aegi, Halmeoni and Halabeoji had a lot of work to do in Daegu, so they couldn't come to see us," she said.

"Oh..." Jong Soo said as he thinks.

"Sorry Jong Soo-ah...halmeoni and I will always visit you hereafter," Mr.Kim said. Jong Soo didn't reply, still thinking.

"Won't you accept our apology, Jong Soo-ah?" Mrs.Kim asked.

"Halmeoni..." Jong Soo called Mrs.Kim with wide eyes, "Now have you finished all your works?" he asked.

"Dae, we finished...We don't have any work...we will be always with you..." Mrs.Kim replied.

'So Halmeoni finished her work; she came to see me. Next appa will finish his work and will come and see me...' Jong Soo said to himself.

"Oh yes..." Jong Soo raised both his hands and shouted in happiness, "Eomma..." Eunji looked at him with a smile, "Halmeoni finished her work, so she came home. Next when will appa finish his work and come home?" Jong Soo asked in curious. A smile on Eunji's face disappeared now, Mrs.&Mr.Kim didn't fail to notice it.

"Tell me eomma...when appa will come?" he again asked her. She didn't reply him. Mrs.&Mr.Kim understood that still their grandson doesn't know about his appa.

"Jong Soo-ah, now let's eat dinner and sleep. Halabeoji will cleck on it and will say to you soon..." Mrs.Kim replied.

"Dae..I will soon say about it...Now let's eat..." Mr.Kim said and fed him.

"Don't forget to ask, Halabeoji...please..." Jong Soo brought his puppy eyes out to attack them with his cuteness.

Everybody chuckled for his cuteness used as his strategy, "Arrasso, I will..." Mr.Kim smiled and resume feeding him.

As it is already late, Eunji made Jong Soo get to sleep while Mrs.&Mr.Kim sat in living room, understanding the mother and son to have some time together. Mrs.&Mr.Kim smiled at each other when Eunji started singing for Jong Soo. Like Eunji excepted Mrs.&Mr.Kim was waiting for her.

"You sing so well" Mr.Kim said to break the silence after Eunji sat with them. Eunji gave a smile as a reply.

"Do you sing for him every night?" Mrs.Kim asked.

"Dae eomonim" Eunji slightly nodded her head.

"Do you know why we came here?" Mr.Kim asked after a silence. Eunji shook her head in hesitation.

"To take home our grandson..." before Mr.Kim could finish his sentence Eunji felt like someone has hit head with a big hammer. With wide eyes she looked at them, "And also you," Mr.Kim finished and smiled.

"Our daughter-in-law," Mrs.Kim said with a smile. It took a second for Eunji to realise their words; she looks confused.

"We can understand, why you look confused?" Mrs.Kim said for Eunji's confused expression. Eunji immediately try to be normal.

"Kibum-ah's halmeoni has passed away before six months" Mr.Kim said after a silence, his voice almost cracked.

Kibum's halmeoni Oh Soo Young, Eunji knows her; once Kibum took Eunji to meet her. As soon as Eunji heard about her, she recollected how she met her.

“Do you have any siblings?” Kibum's halmeoni asked Eunji in a serious tone.

“Dae. One younger brother Minki, doing his high school,” Eunji said in a polite voice and gave a nervous look at Kibum who was sitting next to her. He gave her a small smile to comfort her. Halmeoni noted that in a notebook which she was holding. Kibum has come with Eunji to meet his halmeoni in the hotel room where she is staying at her visit to Seoul, Kibum introduced Eunji to her. So halmeoni was enquiring Eunji.

“Do you know to cook?”, “Do you do your laundry work?”, “Is it true you are good in singing?”, “Sing me two lines from your favourite song!”, “ How about dance?”, “What diet do you follow?”, “How many times do you go for shopping?” Halmeoni was shooting out her questions one by one for which Eunji was answering nervously and now and then she looks at Kibum nervously. Kibum tried to interfere but Halmeoni gave him a warning look so he stopped. Kibum thought she will accept and say okay immediately after he introduce Eunji to her. He didn’t expect such question session from his halmeoni, or else he should have informed Eunji beforehand so that she would have prepared for it. Whatever reply Eunji gives, his halm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter