Chapter - 12

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning Ken came out from his room little late than usual, Eunji was working in the kitchen while Jong Soo was drinking his milk in the dining table.

"Good Morning" Eunji greeted him with a smile when he entered the kitchen but Ken didn't reply her. Eunji understood that he must have checked the scar, so he is avoiding her. "Did you check it?" Eunji stood a little closer when he was preparing his coffee and asked in whisper; Ken looked at her, "No," he said and tried to keep his poker face before walking to Jong Soo with his coffee to sit with him. Eunji got a smile when he tries to avoid the eye contact with him.

Ken lied to Eunji, he got to remember about the scar when he was taking the bath. He touched his left buttock and tried to look in the mirror; he felt embarrassed while doing it but he wants to find the truth and prove Eunji is wrong. His eyes went wide when he saw a scar; it looks like stitches. Not to accept the truth Ken lied to Eunji but he knows she found that he is lying so he tried to avoid eye contact with her.

"Can I tell you one more detail?" she asked him in a whisper when he came back to the kitchen to drop his coffee mug, Ken looked at her, "There is a mole in your lower abdomen" Ken's eyes went wide. Eunji got a smile, "There is. I'm sure...I have worked there for a million times," she said.

Ken stepped forward, "ert," he said and gritted his teeth; Eunji felt it is funny and laughed. Ken walked back to his room with his fake angrily and closed his door before let his breath that he was holding on. He touched his lower abdomen, "Mole? How does she know?" he thought for a moment, "Did she peeped in when I'm in bath or changing my dress?" he asked himself and imagined it once and shook his head to get rid of that imagination, "Wait. Did she say a million times?" he looked down, "Million times!" he got a pout face, "Is Kibum-ah a ert then?" he shook his head in frustration, 'I shouldn't be Kibum' he thought.

There was a silence in the car; Eunji bit her lips to hide her smile and looked at Ken to get his attention but he didn't move his eyes from the road; he purposely didn't turn to her. After she had got down from the car before her office, she looked at him to talk but he moved before she could say a word. Eunji only got smile for his grumpy actions. Her words don't get out of Ken's mind when he was in the office.

"Hyung, just look at this file" Taemin's voice interrupted Ken's thought.

"Taeminnie" Ken called out when Taemin was about to go out.

"What, hyung?" Taemin again walked in.

"I just want to know something"  Ken started with hesitation.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Did I...I mean Kibum got bite by any dog?" Ken asked slowly.

Taemin thought for a moment, slightly shook his head. Ken was about to get happy, "Ah yes," Taemin said. 

Ken's smile got vanished, "When?" he asked.

"Sultang, Bomi's dog bite you once," Taemin replied.

"What, really? Where? I mean...in the body," Ken asked in curious.

"On your back, Wae?" Taemin asked. Ken shook his head to say nothing.

After Taemin walked out, 'Both tells the same thing. It is coincidence or they have plot against me perfectly' Ken thought. 'Kibum got bitten by a dog and I have a scar on the same place, how is it possible?' he asked himself, 'Ah this is confusing...are they tricking me?" he scratched his hair, 'I shouldn’t talk to her about Kibum anymore' he decided to himself.

Only sound that was heard inside the car was Jong Soo's, he was talk about his day with his parents when they are coming back home. Eunji looked at Ken for few times to grab his attention but he was not looking at her.

"For dinner..." Eunji started to talk to get his attention.

"Jong Soo-ah..." Ken interrupted her, Eunji went silence.

"Appa" Jong Soo replied him in excited tone.

"Shall we go out for dinner today?" Ken asked.

"Dae...Lets go" Jong Soo replied in excitement.

"Where are we...?" Eunji started.

"Jong Soo-ah, Only you and me. Okay?" Ken interrupted again.

"Eomma?" Jong Soo asked. Eunji gave a proud smile at him.

"No, only you and me. Okay?" Ken asked.

"Okay" Jong Soo showed thumbs up after a moment of thought. Ken got a bright smile while Eunji gave a sharp stare at the boys and turned away.

Eunji prepared a cup noodle for her dinner and sits before Television but her mind was fully occupied by the boys who went for dinner leaving her alone.

"These two get along very well and leaving me alone, too bad," she said as she stirs her noodles. Before she could finish her noodles, she heard the door bell. With excitement she quickly opened the door but without coming in they stood out with their heads hung low.

"Come in," Eunji said, but boys looked at each other and stood still with their heads hung low. "What happened?" Eunji asked in worried tone and she then crouched down to Jong Soo, "Did you get hurt anywhere?" she asked and checks the boy; he shook his head and looked at Ken, Eunji followed him.

"Are we allowed to add any new member to this house?" Ken asked carefully.

"New member?" Eunji stood up immediately, the first person that came into her mind is 'Nicole', she got nervous.

"Actually two new members?" Ken showed his two fingers.

"Two?" Eunji looked at the boys with confused expression. Ken and Jong Soo went aside and came back with a box; Ken is carrying a box and Jong Soo with a carry bag.

"Puppies!" Ken showed the box; Eunji saw two puppies and her eyes went wide, "We got it" Ken said but Eunji was looking at the puppies without replying, "We are going in" Ken said and sighed Jong Soo to follow him, they walked before Eunji could reply. 

The boys were walking around the room to arrange a place for the puppies. There were two puppies - poodle Puppies, one is brown and other one is a sliver. As they were arranging things for puppies Ken peeped inside Eunji's room to see what she is doing as because she hasn’t spoke any word about puppies; she was looking at the things from the loft. Ken felt guilty that without asking permission from Eunji he got puppies, he is staying there for time being so he should have ask her before getting puppies. They arranged a corner place for the puppies with a new mat, sheets and food cups for them.

"Aegi..." Boys turned to Eunji who came there after sometimes, "let's get to sleep, it is already late. We have school tomorrow," she said. Jong Soo don’t want to go as because they were playing with the puppies but Ken sent him as he doesn’t want her to get pissed off.

In the middle of the night, Ken woke up for water and saw Eunji sitting before the puppies. He tiptoes his steps and looked at puppies, there were few new toys near puppies. Ken saw Eunji caressing two puppies with a smile and thinks.

"What are you reading?" Kibum asked Eunji as he rolls up the sleeves of his pyjamas after finishing his night skincare routine, he sat next to her on the mattress.
Eunji was reading a book leaning on the wall in their unfurnished bedroom after their dinner. There was only a mattress on the floor, a small table in the other corner of the room where they have kept their cosmetics and still unpolished cupboard.

"Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber," Eunji replied without moving her eyes from the book.

"Interesting?" Kibum asked her.

Eunji nodded her head without looking at him. Kibum moved closer and brought his right hand around her waist, “Do you know I can fix a broken heart?” He whispers in her ears.

She moved her gaze to him understanding his true intentions, “Really?” she asked in soft voice.

Kibum tightened his grip around her hip and pulled her closer, “Yes...” he gave a seductive smile, “I can show you more interesting things also...” he said and crashed his lips on her. As he moves his lips on hers, Eunji slowly drop her book and wrapped her arms around his neck to pull closer. Kibum made her lie on the bed without breaking his contact with her skin; Eunji lean back to make some space for him to move around her neck. As his hands move under her T-shirt to expose her skin, Eunji pulled him closer as their lips tastes each other. Eunji let a moan when his tongue explored but they pulled away from each other immediately when they heard a little bark from outside their room.

"You didn't lock the door?" Eunji said and looked at the slightly ajar door.

Kibum quickly ran to lock the door, but it was too late because his two poodle dogs - commesdes and gracious entered the room and sat at the center of their mattress.

"Yah...get down" Kibum ordered his dogs but they didn’t move, they look excited. He tries to shoo away them from the mattress, but they didn’t get down, Kibum looks frustrated while Eunji laughs at them. When he shoos them away, the dogs started running around the room. It was usual for Kibum to allow his dogs to sleep on his bed; he even had a small stair to his bed so that his dogs can climb easily. So it was their habit, commesdes and gracious got onto his bed.

"Kibum-ah, it all because of you allowed them to sleep next to you" Eunji said and grabbed her pillow, "I'm going to sleep in the couch" Eunji walked out to living room.

"Yah Eunji...wait...I will send them out..." Kibum walked following her as he pleads her.

Eunji got a smile as she thinks of their times together.

"I'm sorry" Eunji got jolt up for Ken's voice and came to her senses, turned at him. Ken sat next to her, Eunji looked at him. "I should have asked you permission first but...sorry," he said.

Eunji got a smile, "Is it your idea to get them?" she asked.

"Yes..." He nodded his head slowly; Eunji nodded her head as a reply, "I like dogs...but Nicole..." Eunji looked at him as soon as he said that name, "She doesn’t like dogs...I mean she is allergy to dogs, so I couldn’t get a dog for me," he said and looked for her reaction. She was silent, "Don’t you like it?" he asked in low voice.

"Did you select these puppies?" she asked.

Ken nodded his head and looked at her; she got a smile for that. "Why are you asking?" he asked.

"Wait here," she said and walked to the room and came back with an album and gave it to him. Ken looked at it; it is Kibum's album. Ken looked at each photo; his eyes went wide when he saw a photo in which Kibum was watering the plants. Ken looked at the plants which he planted, he remembers that it is his idea to get plant saplings - Eunji didn’t say him, even she doesn't know till he plants the saplings. For next few photos his eyes were remained wide, Kibum was with two puppies - poodle puppies, one is brown and other one is silver. In the pet shop Ken was the one to give the idea to get two puppies of each one's choice which Jong Soo accepted happily. Ken selected the brown poodle puppy while Jong Soo selected a while puppy but Ken suggested him to take a silver puppy instead which Jong Soo  accepted.

"This is comme des" Eunji pointed at the brown poodle on the photo, "This is Garcons" Eunji pointed at the silver poodle. Ken looked at the photo and the puppies. There was a silence, both were looking at the puppies. Ken wonders how can it happen while Eunji has a happy face, "Looks like everything falls on the place, Kibum-ah," she said and quickly realized how she called him and looked at him with wide eyes. Like before this time Ken didn't correct her as he was also in confusion. She quickly stood up, "I’m sorry," she said and went to her room. Ken sat there and looked at other photos - Kibum cooking pasta, drinking with his friends, with Jonghyun.

Morning Ken saw puppies still sleeping; Eunji was preparing milk for them and Jong Soo was drinking his milk. He waved his hand at him as he drinks his milk, Ken gave a smile as a reply. As soon as he saw Eunji was ready with milk for puppies, Jong Soo jumped from his high stool to see the puppies. Eunji and Jong Soo were watching the puppies happily while Ken was watching them silently.

"What are their names aegi?" Eunji asked Jong Soo.

"We have few names eomma" he looked at Ken who then crouch down to them, "Comme des and Garcons." Ken  pointed at the brown and silver poodle respectively. Jong Soo looked confused at Ken as because it was the names they were discussing.

"Eomma said those names so let it be," Ken said, Jong Soo looked at his eomma and then nodded his head happily. Ken may have got those puppies for him, but it only gave him worries and confusion to him at first and then it also gave him the curious to hear more about Kibum.

"Unnie...unnie" Naeun came running to Eunji's table.

"Wae?" Eunji asked nonchalantly without moving his eyes from computer screen.

"Oppa...Key Oppa..." Eunji turned immediately as soon as she heard the name.

"What happened?" she asked in panic.

"Aniyo, Key Oppa is downstairs, he is waiting for you," Naeun said.

Eunji with a worried face ran downstairs and stopped in the middle of stairs when she saw Ken looking at the painting on the wall. After taking a deep breath, Eunji walked down. "Ki...Ken..." Eunji called him in low voice. Ken gave a smile, "What happened, you are here Ki...Ken?" Eunji asked.

"I was just passing by..." Ken pointed outside, "So thought of visiting here," he said.

"Oh..."

"So are you free for lunch?"

“Lunch”

"Yeah, Lunch" Ken pointed at the wall clock, it shows 1:45 PM, "Is it, not your lunch time?" he asked with hesitation.

"Dae, Lunch time" Eunji nodded her head slowly, slightly took away with the offer.

"So, shall we...go together?" he asked.

"Hmmm yes" Eunji nodded with hesitation.

"Eunji..." He stopped her again, "How about...taking a off for...rest of the day?" he asked with hesitation when Eunji looked at him.

Suho, who was passing by, saw Naeun standing in the middle of the stairs with amusement and holding up her laugh. So he walked to her to know the reason but before he could ask her, he himself got the answer; he saw Eunji and Ken talking downstairs. Naeun got jolt up when she realized Suho standing next to her, she thought to go back to her seat but didn't when she saw the same expression of sadness he got last time when he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter