Chapter - 30

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji...Eunji...” Key walks into the hospital corridor as he looks out for Eunji.

 

“Appa...where is eomma?” Jong Soo asked Key with watery eyes as he walked along with Key and looked for Eunji.

 

“She will be here...” Key said to Jong Soo and looked for Eunji, “Eunji...Eunji...” He calls out.

 

“Did you see a woman in a wheelchair?” Key asked a hospital staff.

 

“Dae...an ahjussi took her this way...” The hospital staff pointed at the labor ward. Key and Jong Soo walked in that direction.

 

“Eunji-yah...” Key called out in relief as soon as he saw Eunji with Mrs.&Mr.Son near the labor ward.

 

“Eomma...” Jong Soo left Key's hand and ran to her and hugged her.

 

“Aegi…what happened?” Eunji hugged him and looked at Key, “Kibum-ah...Naeun-ah is in labor...” She said in an excited tone and with a wide smile.

 

“Why can't you wait for us...we got scared...” Kibum shouted, “Look, Jong Soo-ah is crying” he pointed at Jong Soo.

 

“Aegi...I’m sorry...” Eunji wiped his tears and hugged him again.

 

“Kibum-ah...don't be angry...” Mrs.Son said and put a hand around Eunji's shoulder. “She wants to see the baby so she came here as soon as abeonim told her about Naeun-ah,” she said. Key still has a slight pout face and looked at Eunji who gave an apology look at him.

 

Today is Eunji's checkup day, so Key and Jong Soo took her to the hospital. As Key left a file in the car by mistake and Jong Soo, who wanted snacks, Key left Eunji in the wheelchair in the waiting area to get back to the car. But when they came back she was not there; even though it's been six months after the accident, Key and Jong Soo hadn't come out of the shock and worried about Eunji. After a few minutes of searching, they saw her with Mrs.&Mr.Son.

 

While Eunji was in the waiting area after Key and Jong Soo went back to the car, she saw Mr.Son walking into the hospital in a hurry.

 

“Aboeji...” Eunji called out louder when she saw him.

 

“Eunji-yah...” He walked to her, “What are you doing here?” He asked.

 

“Aboeji, I came for a checkup with Kibum-ah and Jong Soo...” He looked for them, “They went to the car to get a file...” She said, Mr.Son nodded his head, “Why are you here now?” She asked him.

 

“Oh...Naeun-ah is in labor...” He said in an excited tone.

 

“Really...Abeoji take me to her...” She also got excited.

 

Mr.Son nodded his head and took her to the labor ward without thinking of Key and Jong Soo who will search for her in worry if Eunji is not there.

 

“Okay, now let’s come back here after finishing the checkup” Key said and was about to move her.

 

“Andwae...” Eunji shook her head, “Till I see the baby I won’t come anywhere” she said.

 

“Appa...let's wait for the baby,” Jong Soo said in an aegyo voice before Key could reply next.

 

“It may take time...so let’s come back...”

 

“No Kibum-ah...I'm not coming anywhere...” Key kept his hand on his hip, “Eomonim...” Eunji looked at Mrs.Son, “I want to be here to see the baby...” She pleaded with her puppy eyes.

 

“Halmoeni...please...let us be here...” Jong Soo attacked next.

 

Mrs.Son chuckled, “Kibum-ah... Let them be here till they see the baby...” She said.

 

Key let down his shoulder in disappointment and sat down next to Mr.Son; Eunji and Jong Soo smirked at each other for their success. Soon Mrs.&Mr.Lee also joined them.

 

Key couldn't hide his smile while seeing Eunji being happy and always smiling. He always thought that it was a miracle that he got Eunji back alive because that day when they took her out of the car which was upside down, she was in a critical situation with a wounded head, and many broken bones; she nearly experienced death at that time.

 

--FLASHBACK—

 

It’s been an hour, Key left the hotel room; still no information from him. Suho and Mrs.&Mr.Jung were waiting for Key’s call as they all were sitting in the hotel living room. But before they could get a call from Key, Nicole got a call from his men. Before Nicole could attend the call, Mr.Jung got the mobile from her and put it on the speaker.

 

‘Ma’am, we are sorry. We couldn’t do our plan’ a man from the other end said.

 

As soon as they heard those words Suho let out a sign and got a smile like Mrs.&Mr.Jung but Nicole got angry and hit her fist on the couch in anger ‘But Ma’am, that woman made an accident by herself’ the man said next. Now it was time for Nicole to get a wide smile while Suho stood up in shock.

 

‘Looks like she is severely hurt’ those words made Mrs.&Mr.Jung’s eyes go wide in shock and Suho got frozen.

 

“That is wonderful…” Nicole said in an excited tone. Before she could finish her words, a tight slap landed on her face by Mr.Jung. Suho was standing still and that man’s words were inside his head.

 

“Suho!!” Mr.Jung called him in a louder voice. But he stood still in shock. “Suho…” Mr.Jung went near him and shook him. “Check whether it is true or not,'' he said.

 

Suho nodded his head nervously and his hands were shaking while he was dialing the number on his mobile. Key’s mobile was ringing but no response; this made him worry a lot.

 

“I hope that girl is fine…God should save her” Mrs.Jung, who was praying for Eunji, said.

 

“Your God is not going to help you,” Nicole said and smiled evilly.

 

“Nicole...” Mr.Jung shouted, “Be quiet” he said in an angry tone.

 

“Key is not picking up the call,” Suho said in a worried tone. His voice got the Jung family’s attention.

 

“Call someone else for help,” Mr.Jung said.

 

Suho without any delay called Taemin. “Taemin-ah…” Suho called him in a nervous tone as soon as the call got connected.

 

‘Hyung…what happened?’ Taemin didn’t expect his call.

 

“Eunji met with an accident”

 

As soon as Taemin heard those words, ‘What? Eunji met with an accident?’ Taemin repeated Suho’s words and those words made Mrs.Son and Mrs.Kim who was near him to get jolted up. Suho can hear their worried tone, enquiring about Eunji. ‘How do you know?’ Taemin asked.

 

“Long story, check on Key…he is not picking up the call,” Suho said.

 

‘Okay, Hyung. I will,' Taemin said quickly and disconnected the call.

 

After a quick explanation, Taemin took his car and drove quickly to the road that joins Mrs.Son’s home and the hospital. He saw an accident spot and also spotted Suho's car which was towed by the officers. These clues answered his question, so he spoke with the officers who were towing Suho’s car and gathered all the information.

 

“Eunji...” Key ran towards the car, many people gathered to help her.

 

Key doesn’t know who called the ambulance in the crowd. He stood still when other people were carefully pulling Eunji out.

 

“Eunji-yah…” Key started crying and so others understood that they are related.

 

When the ambulance came, all the others let Key go to the hospital with Eunji. In the ambulance, the nurse was doing first aid to Eunji who was still unconscious which made Key cry as he called her name.

 

As soon as the ambulance reached the hospital, the medical emergency team ran to them. Dr.Cha Young Min examined Eunji and quickly spotted the problem.

 

“Move her to the theatre,” Dr.Cha Young Min said to his team and spoke to the medical intern Oh Soo Jeong to know who came with the patient.

 

Key, who was crying and was looking at Eunji through the glass window, tried to enter the room when Dr.Cha Young Min opened the door. But Intern Oh Soo Jeong and Dr.Go Seung Tak quickly stop him.

 

“She needs surgery immediately…” Dr.Cha Young Min said to Key but nothing entered his mind. All he needs now is to go to Eunji but Intern Oh Soo Jeong and Dr.Go Seung Tak stop him.

 

“I need to talk to her” Key said as tears roll from his eyes.

 

Dr.Cha Young Min tried to explain to Key but he keeps on telling them to let him in to talk with Eunji. Dr.Cha Young Min understood that it is no use explaining to him, he ran to the theater along with his assistant Dr.Go Sung Tak while inter Oh Soo Jeong and other staff tried to stop Key.

 

“She is in good hands…” Intern Oh Soo Jeong explained to Key.

 

“I need to see my wife…” Key shouted at her.

 

‘Hyung!!’ Inter Oh Soo Jeong and other staff turned to Taemin’s voice. Taemin came running towards them; “Hyung…Where is Eunji?” he asked in a worried tone and got watery eyes at Key’s pathetic situation.

 

“I need to see her, Taemin-ah…” Key shouted and started crying.

 

“She is taken to the theater…she needs immediate surgery” Intern Oh Soo Jeong explained, “Take care of him…” she said and ran towards the theater.

 

Taemin pacified Key and made him sit and wait for the doctor to finish their surgery. Taemin informed everyone about Eunji and the accident. Mrs.Son and Mrs.Kim left Jong Soo with Naeun and rushed to the hospital while Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee came together to the hospital.

 

On the other hand, Suho was still waiting for anybody’s call with some positive news but still, no one called him. As time passed, he felt worried and nervous, he tried to call Taemin but the call didn’t get connected. So as the last way, Suho called Soyou. As she may be needed in any emergency case, Key didn’t include her in the plan after Nicole came to Seoul.

 

Soyou thought Suho called her to tell her their happy news about Key reunion with his family. But she was shocked to hear about Eunji’s accident. She promised him that she would look at it and inform him.

 

Mrs.&Mr.Jung prays that Eunji should be fine while Nicole who couldn’t celebrate louder was rejoicing inside her head and hoping to hear about Eunji’s death soon.

 

“Eomma…” Key ran to Mrs.Kim as soon as he saw her; he started to cry like a child. “I want to see her, eomma…I want to see her…” he was crying in her arms.

 

Soon Eunji’s eomma came there with Minki and started crying when she heard about the surgery. Soon Soyou came to the hospital after she collected information from Naeun.

 

“Noona…” Taemin called out louder. Soyou walked to them, “What are all these about?” he asked her.

 

Soyou asked about Eunji first and let others out to talk and explain. Only Key along with Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma was left alone in the waiting room, others came out.

 

Soyou started explaining them. When Key realized his feelings for Eunji, he was ready to undergo a test. That thought got stronger after he met the top-tier management staff along with Suho. Without anybody knowing it, Key thought of taking a test. So, Soyou and Suho helped him while Key came with Jong Soo’s hair samples for the test. Key was shocked and also happy about the test result. He wanted to find out why his identity was changed and who was behind this evil plan. Soyou and Suho promised Key that they will help him till the truth comes out.

 

So Key came up with a plan to send Soyou to Nicole after he explained to them that the last time Nicole was so worried about the test. So when she comes back to Seoul this time, she must have a plan to clear the test. To know her plan, Soyou went to Norwich and met Amber who was also informed about the plan by Key.

 

After Soyou meets Nicole, Key understands that Nicole is finding a way to manipulate the test. So Key helped her to get going with the plan so that they could find her true intention of changing his identity.

 

Soyou came back to Seoul after completing the plan by introducing a laboratory director to work for Nicole. Like Key expected Nicole asked him to come back for the wedding but Key intentionally didn’t reply to her properly which irked Nicole just like Key thought. So Nicole herself came to Seoul to pick him up.

 

Key thought to hide everything from Eunji and others, and also decided to tell his whole plan after Nicole gets caught red-handedly. Key also had a plan that after all this chaos got over, he should confess his love to Eunji but this part of the plan was executed soon when he couldn’t see Eunji crying when she started worrying about Key’s departure to Norwich.

 

Like Key expected Nicole came to Seoul to pick him up; he needed some time till Mrs.&Mr.Jung come to Seoul, so he went with Nicole and behaved badly to all. He knows Eunji will be affected by his behavior but making his heart stone he avoided her as he doesn’t want to spoil the plan. Eunji’s shocked face told him how much she is hurt but still, he sticks to his plan and goes through with it to bring out the truth which everyone needs to know. Key also thought that Eunji being with all will make her feel strong and better but he understood that he was wrong; he realized that he is her strength and now literally he has broken her heart and trust. Key also find it hard to be with Nicole in the hotel room till they get the test result; it was not like in the past, he was not only uncomfortable but also irritated, frustrated, and got angry, at times he wants to shout and scream at her, wants to fight with her but he tried hard to be calm and casual as he wants to catch her red-handedly.

 

Key’s plan worked well but he didn’t expect that Nicole could go overboard to kill Eunji and Jong Soo.

 

“Nicole’s parents have come to Seoul and Suho is with them to look after them” Soyou finished explaining.

 

Leaving Minki in the hospital with others, Mr.Kim, Mr.Lee, and Taemin along with Soyou went to the hotel room.

 

‘Hyung!!’ Suho rushed to the door as soon as he heard Taemin’s voice along with the door knock.

 

“Taemin-ah…what happened to Eunji?” he asked as soon as he opened the door.

 

“She is in surgery, Hyung” Taemin replied.

 

Before Suho could ask next, “Where are they?” Mr.Kim asked in an angry tone.

 

Suho let others in; Mrs.&Mr.Jung stood up when they saw others coming in. Mr.Kim looks angrier than the others, and his eyes moved to Nicole who is still sitting on the couch with her legs crossed. Looking at her being disrespectful, Mrs.Jung grabbed her hand and made her stand.

 

“I’m sorry for everything my daughter did” Mr.Jung bowed before others; Mrs.Jung followed him.

 

“Is that all enough?” Mr.Kim shouted.

 

“We will do our best to rectify the problems” Mrs.Jung replied with watery eyes.

 

“How will you do it?” Mr.Lee asked her in a louder tone, Mrs.Jung stood silent with her head hung low, “Can you bring back Eunji if anything happens?” he asked in anger.

 

“She is in serious condition” Taemin followed his appa.

 

After hearing Taemin’s words, Suho can’t stand there anymore. After saying a word to Soyou, he ran to the hospital.

 

“If anything happens I’m not going to leave you three,” Mr.Kim said in a cold tone pointing at Jung’s family, and then sat down on the nearby couch; Taemin, Mr.Lee, and Soyou also sat down.

 

Mr.Jung, a rich and respectful person in England, felt guilty and in pain for his daughter’s actions. Without saying a word again, Mrs.&Mr.Jung sat down.

 

Suho ran to the hospital; he saw Key still crying and his eomma and Mrs.Son sitting with him. On another side, he saw Eunji’s brother Minki sitting with his eomma who is now praying for Eunji. Suho went to Minki and asked about Eunji.

 

“Until surgery gets over, they can’t say anything about her condition” Minki replied in a worried tone.

 

With watery eyes, Suho also sat down there hoping Eunji would be fine. In the meantime, Mrs.Son and Saeeun come to the hospital but Mrs.Son sends them to look after Naeun and Jong Soo who are alone in Naeun’s apartment. At the same time, Taemin also sent his eomma, Mrs.Lee to Naeun as she is alone.

 

Now Jong Soo started realizing that something is wrong as whoever he sees has a sad and worried face. His halmeoni hasn’t come back home, his appa who went to work came to see him in the park all of a sudden and still he hasn't got any call from his eomma. Looking at his sudden silence, Saeeun started to talk about Naeun’s baby which always makes him excited.

 

“Jong Soo-ah, did you see your dongsaeng?” Saeeun asked in an excited tone. But he remained silent, “How is she? Cute?” she asked next to grab his attention. He nodded his head but still didn’t talk.

 

“Jong Soo-ah, Are you hungry? Do you need anything to eat?” Naeun asked this time.

 

He looked at her, shook his head, and again hung his head low; after a moment, “Imo…” he looked at her, “Where is eomma?” he asked.

 

That was the last question they wanted Jong Soo to ask, Naeun and Saeeun looked at each other.

 

“Jong Soo-ah, eomma is busy now…once…” Naeun stopped and looked at Saeeun before starting again, “Be with Imo tonight” she said.

 

Jong Soo shook his head, “I want to see Eomma now” he said in a low voice.

 

“Jong Soo-ah, first let's eat then, let’s go to eomma” Saeeun tried to change the topic.

 

“No, I want eomma…you all are lying…eomma…I want to see my eomma now…” he started crying. Mrs.Lee, Naeun, Saeeun, and Mr.Son tried to pacify him but he didn’t listen to them.

 

“Until we get a call from the hospital we can’t take him there,” Mr.Son said.

 

After three hours of surgery, Dr.Cha Young Min came out followed by his assistant Dr.Go Seung Tak; Key was the first one to go to the doctor.

 

“What happened to Eunji?” he asked in panic and tried to go into the theater but Dr.Go Seung Tak stopped him.

 

“Surgery has got completed…Till she gets back to her conscious…we have to wait” Dr.Cha Young Min said and walked away.

 

Key tried to look at Eunji through the glass window on the door but he couldn’t see her. “Eomma…” he started crying again.

 

“She will be fine, Kibum-ah…our Eunji is strong and brave” Mrs.Kim tried to pacify him, hiding her worries.

 

After a few minutes, Suho stood near the door and tried to see Eunji through the glass window on the door like Key but he couldn’t. Suddenly the door opened when Suho was leaning on the door, he stumbled; it was inter Oh Soo Jeong who opened the door, “Oh be careful” she helped him to stand still.

 

“Excuse me…” Suho went behind the intern Oh Soo Jeong, “Can you do me a favor?” he asked. Intern Oh Soo Jeong nodded her head to go ahead; “Please let him in for two minutes to see his wife Eunji” he asked her pointing at Key who is sitting next to his eomma and leaning on her shoulder with watery eyes.

 

“No, I can’t” Intern Oh Soo Jeong started.

 

“Please…” Suho interrupted her in a pleading tone, “I beg you…” Intern Oh Soo Jeong looked confused and worried, “Only if he talks to her, she will be alright, trust me…” he pleaded with her. The intern Oh Soo Jeong, who always believes in miracles, thought for a moment and nodded her head.

 

“Thank you…Thank you so much…” he said with tears and a smile, “Yah Key…” Key looked at him, “Come here…” Suho called him and Key came to him immediately, understanding that he got permission, “Go inside…” Key looked at Intern Oh Soo Jeong, she nodded at him, “Thank you…Thank you…” he replied to her with tears.

 

“Go and talk to her…she will be fine…” Suho said. Key nodded and hugged him before going inside, others were looking at him.

 

Key walked into the waiting room which is next to the operation theater, it was silent; other patients were there in an unconscious state. A duty nurse looked at him and was about to stop him but intern Oh Soo Jeong stopped her. Key’s eyes got watery as soon as he saw Eunji in an unconscious state, many cables were connected, she was put on an oxygen mask, and some machines were running behind her bed. After wiping away his tears, Key walked to Eunji, he kneels near her bed and took her hand in his hands.

 

“Eunji…” he said his first word looking at her, “It’s been three days since I spoke with you…now I am here…please talk to me, Eunji-yah…” his eyes again got watery. Intern Oh Soo Jeong and the nurse were looking at him, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…I broke your heart…I know…Once I left the house, you must have broken down completely…I’m sorry…please come back to me…I have come back to you after all these struggles…now don’t leave me…and Jong Soo…how will we live without you…What will I tell Jong Soo when he asks his eomma…Did I come after all these years to you to see you in this state…come back to me…don’t punish me, Eunji by doing this…please…I love you Eunji-yah…I’m still your Key…your Kibum-ah…I want you back…I love you so much, come back to us, Eunji-yah…you know very well that I can’t live without you….please…please come back to us…” Key started crying.

 

Intern Oh Soo Jeong and the nurse were looking at him crying and felt bad, so intern Oh Soo Jeong took a step to go and stop him crying and send him out but she stopped her way when Key suddenly stopped crying and lifted his head and looked at Eunji, Key’s eyes moved to Eunji’s finger which slightly moved, he turned to the intern Oh Soo Jeong when again her finger moved. Intern Oh Soo Jeong came to Eunji, and looked at the machine that was running behind Eunji; Key was looking at her silently and with wide eyes. In the end, Intern Oh Soo Jeong made a call and went to the nurse to note down something. Key now saw a slight eye movement. Before he could talk to Eunji, doctors came in and started checking Eunji; Dr.Go Seung Tak sent Key out.

 

Intern Oh Soo Jeong came out when she saw Key looking inside, “What is going on?” Key asked her; others came to them, “Tell me” he asked, Intern Oh Soo Jeong looked surprised.

 

“She woke up earlier than we expected, it is like a miracle” Intern Oh Soo Jeong said and went inside.

 

“Eunji woke up” Key let out a sigh and leaned on the wall with his eyes closed in relief. Before he could talk, doctors came out.

 

“She is now out of danger” Dr.Cha Young Min’s words made everyone smile and feel relieved. Then the doctor explained that she has a fracture near her hip and in her leg so she should rest for a few weeks.

 

“Once they shift her to the Intensive Care Unit, you all can see her one by one,” Dr.Go Seung Tak said and walked away with Dr.Cha Young Min.

 

Everyone felt happy, Key again went to the door to look at Eunji but he couldn’t; he saw intern Oh Soo Jeong smiling at him and she showed thumbs up to convey that Eunji is fine.

 

Mrs.Son called Naeun and informed her that Eunji is fine now. It was the time Jong Soo was so adamant to eat or sleep so Naeun and Saeeun thanked heaven and asked Mr.Son to take them to the hospital; before leaving they also informed Taemin. As soon as Taemin said Eunji is fine, all thanked heaven and let out a long sigh in relief except Nicole, whose face turned red in anger.

 

In the next few minutes, Eunji was moved to the Intensive Care Unit; on the way, she opened her eyes and looked at Key and her eomma.

 

“Eunji…” Key was walking along while her eomma was on the other side. Eunji couldn’t look at them for long, she again closed her eyes.

 

“Why didn’t she talk to us?” Key stopped Intern Oh Soo Jeong when she came out of the Intensive Care Unit after leaving Eunji inside.

 

“Is there any problem?” Eunji’s eomma asked her next.

 

“No…she need sometime…please wait...Don’t rush on her” Intern Oh Soo Jeong said.

 

“I need to see her,” Key said. “Nado” others joined one by one.

 

“One person at a time,” Intern Oh Soo Jeong said to them and instructed the nurse.

 

Key went inside; his eyes got watery again when he saw Eunji; carefully he went near her as there were machines kept near her bed. He took her hand, “I’m sorry, Eunji-yah…” he said and kissed her hand. There was no response from her; holding her hand, he started crying.

 

‘Kibum-ah…’ Key looked up when he heard Eunji’s mild voice.

 

“Eunji…Eunji…” he moved closer to her, “Eunji…” he touched her face, “Are you okay?” he asked nervously.

 

Eunji nodded her head slowly, “Got…Got scared?” she asked in a low voice.

 

“Almost died…” he started crying, “I’m sorry, Eunji-yah…” he said again and cried.

 

“Thank you…” she said in a mild soft voice and smiled at him.

 

“I love you, Eunji…I love you so much…” he again started crying.

 

Before they could talk further, they heard a familiar voice, it was their son Jong Soo, “I want to see my eomma…” he was fighting with others and came running inside the room. He stood still seeing his eomma’s state, “Aegi…” Eunji murmured and still moved her hand as a gesture to call him near.

 

“Eomma…” he called in a low voice with tears rolling down his eyes, “Eomma…: he ran to her.

 

“I’m fine aegi…” Eunji tried to sound better but still, Jong Soo would not stop crying so she looked to Key for help.

 

“Jong Soo-ah…Eomma is fine now” he pulled him away from the bed, “She needs rest” he tried to pacify him.

 

Eunji shook her head to tell him to stop crying; he didn’t listen so Key carried him out but still he was trying to jump from his hands.

 

“Eomma is fine… she needs rest now…let’s wait for the doctor to come” Key tried to explain to him.

 

That night everybody was waiting in the hospital. After the news, Mrs.Kim asked his men to keep an eye on Mrs.&Mr.Jung and they came to the hospital.

 

In the morning, Dr.Cha Young Min came along with Dr.Go Seung Tak and Intern Oh Soo Jeong to check on Eunji; as she was doing well, he told the staff to shift her to the ward. When Dr.Cha Young Min came out after examining Eunji, he was stopped by Jong Soo.

 

“Is my eomma fine?” he asked before anyone could stop him.

 

From his cold expression, others understood that Dr.Cha Young Min doesn’t like kids, “Dae” he said in a cold tone and crouched down, “Look at my hand” he showed his hand to Jong Soo, “It is called Golden Hands, whoever it touches they will get cure…” he said looking at him, “I touched your eomma, so she is fine” he said with a proud smile.

 

“Where did you touch my eomma?” Jong Soo asked him after keeping his hands on his hip; everyone understood that the boy was taught about good touch and bad touch. Intern Oh Soo Jeong immediately started laughing at his unexpected question. Dr.Cha Young Min looked at her and also noticed that Dr.Go Seung Tak stood suppressing his laugh, “Tell me how can you touch my eomma without her permission?” His voice caught Dr.Cha Young Min’s attention.

 

“Yah…I…I should…” Dr.Cha Young Min started as his words trailed off due to embarrassment.

 

Key wanted to stop Jong Soo but like others, he also started laughing at his words. “Don’t touch my eomma again without our permission” he said in a warning tone and walked inside to see Eunji.

 

“Yah…without touching her how can I treat her,” he asked in a louder tone to hide his embarrassment. But Jong Soo didn’t listen to him and walked inside. Dr.Cha Young Min looked at others, they were also laughing. Mrs.Kim was the one to laugh louder. With an embarrassed face, Dr.Cha Young Min walked away while Dr.Go Seung Tak and Intern Oh Soo Jeong followed him suppressing their laughter.

 

Eunji was moved to the new room; almost everything in the hospital is fine. Now Key went to Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee to join him to meet Nicole’s parents. Mrs.Kim wants to join them but Key highly prohibited her to join them. When Key, Mr.Lee, and Mr.Kim came into the hotel room, Mrs.&Mr.Jung were already in discussion about what to do next.

 

“I need to restore my son’s identity,” Mr.Kim said.

 

“You can take legal action against my daughter,” Mr.Jung said to Mr.Kim, understanding that restoring Key’s identity will bring out his daughter’s wrongdoings. Nicole got wide eyes at her dad’s words, without being on her side his dad is against her so that made her get angry; his eomma also nodded at Mr.Kim with watery eyes as she also accepted her husband’s decision.

 

“Daddy…no, they can’t do that to me…” Nicole said to Mr.Jung.

 

“Why can’t we?” Mr.Lee asked, “We have evidence,” he said.

 

Nicole looked at Mr.Jung, “Daddy...I know I did wrong…help me” she pleaded with him. But Mr.Jung was silent, “Daddy, please…I don’t want to go to jail,” she said.

 

“You did everything that will lead you to jail,” Mr.Lee said.

 

“But that accident, Eunji did by her carelessness” Nicole gave a reason.

 

“Then what about changing his identity, it is an act of fraud, and then hiding him from his family which is said as human trafficking,” Mr.Lee asked pointing at Key.

 

“No…” Nicole turned to Mr.Jung, “Daddy…please…no…help me” she pleaded with him.

 

“Let me call the police,” Mr.Lee said as he took his mobile out. Nicole got scared and pleaded more with his daddy.

 

‘No, Samcheon…Don’t do it,’ Nicole stopped pleading with Mr.Jung and looked at Key when he heard his words; everyone looked at Key with wide eyes.

 

Before Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee could listen to his explanation, there was a loud door bang; it was Taemin and Mrs.Kim when Key opened the door. As soon as the door opened, Mrs.Kim didn’t see who opened the door. She walked straight to Nicole and gave a tight slap on her face twice. Key saw Taemin talking with Suho before Key and the others started to the hotel room and Key thanked God that Taemin didn’t see him going to the hotel room because Key knows very well that he and Mrs.Kim will do a big scene in the hotel room. Mrs.Kim’s behavior shocked everyone; before anyone could react she gave another slap to Nicole’s face. The only person in the room who was with a wide smile was Taemin; even when Key saw him, Taemin didn’t hide his smile.

 

“How dare you try to kill my Eunji?” Mr.Kim asked in an angry voice and grabbed Nicole’s hair.

 

Key understood that Suho must have said everything to them, that’s why they have come here.

 

“Please…” Mrs.Jung with watery eyes pleaded with Mrs.Kim but Nicole was trying to remove Mrs.Kim’s hand and looked angry.

 

“How dare you say that he is not my son?” Mrs.Kim asked, pointing at Key, “He is my son, Kim Ki Bum…understood?” Mrs.Kim asked.

 

“Leave my hair…you…” Nicole started informally.

 

Mrs.Kim left her hair and gave a tight slap, “Don’t you know manners?” she asked, Mr.Kim tried to calm her and Mrs.Kim looked at Mrs.Jung, “Didn’t you teach her that?” she asked. Both Mrs.&Mr.Jung stood with their heads hung low in guilt.

 

“Yeobo…” Mrs.Kim turned to her husband, “She should be punished…I don't know what you will do…I want her behind the bars immediately…” Mrs.&Mr.Jung looked at Mr.Kim who tried to avoid their look.

 

“You can’t…” again Nicole started.

 

Before she could finish, Mrs.Kim gave another tight slap which made Taemin laugh. Key looked at Taemin to stop him from laughing, “Just enjoy the moment, Hyung” he whispered. Key didn't know what to reply and shook his head with a smile.

 

“Stop talking…” Mrs.Kim warned her, “You did too much damage to Eunji and Kibum-ah…” she said.

 

“And also to Jong Soo…” Taemin interrupted her. Mr.Kim and Mr.Lee looked at him for an answer, “She tried to kill Jong Soo once before” Taemin replied pointing at Nicole. Key again shook his head at Taemin as he was doing too much damage to the situation but Taemin didn’t care about it because he likes watching Nicole getting beaten.

 

“Ah, yes my Jong Soo…” she again slapped Nicole which brought everyone’s attention to Nicole and Mrs.Kim, “How dare you touch him?” she grabbed Nicole’s hair again.

 

“Please…Please…stop it…” Mrs.Jung with tears rolling down, joined hands and pleaded with Mrs.Kim.

 

“Yah…Ahjumma…” Nicole started again but this time she looks drizzled because of strong slaps by Mrs.Kim.

 

Nicole could feel another strong slap on her face before she could stand properly, this time it was not Mrs.Kim but it was Mr.Jung; “Stop it…no more talking” he warned her and pushed her to sit on the couch which was behind her. Taemin couldn’t stop laughing; hearing his laugh, Mr.Lee and Key tried to stop him but he didn’t, Mrs.Kim got a wide smile at Taemin’s laugh and Mr.Jung’s slap for Nicole.

 

Mr.Kim asked Key for the reason why he doesn’t want to take action against Nicole. Before Key starts talking, “What? You want her to let go free?” Mrs.Kim asked in an angry tone.

 

“Eomma…listen to me…” Key started.

 

“Kibum-ah…what I did to her was just I did in anger but she deserved to be punished” Mrs.Kim interrupted him.

 

“But eomma she shouldn't be punished...” Key again started.

 

“Ken...thank you...” Nicole interrupted and grabbed both his hands, “I may have made a big mistake but my love for you is true...” Mrs.Kim's face turned red in anger, “I know you understood it” Mrs.Kim looked angry at Key.

 

“What...Love?” Mrs.Kim started in an angry tone.

 

“Eomma...” Key interrupted and pulled away his hands from Nicole, “No...not that” he said to her and turned to Nicole, “Your love? No, it is just bad love...I don't need it” he said in a firm tone; Nicole looked embarrassed while Soyou and Taemin laughed.

 

Key explained that many good souls will be affected if Nicole's truth comes out because she has used Sister.Theresa in her plan so the orphanage also will be affected.

 

“That sister may be bad like her,” Mrs.Kim said pointing at Nicole.

 

“No...She is also a victim” Key looked at Nicole, “Tell her that she is also a victim,” he said to her.

 

Nicole stood silent, “Tell the truth” Mr.Jung shouted at her.

 

“She worked for money,” Nicole said in a low voice.

 

“No...She is lying...” Key said in a louder tone and turned to Mr.Kim, “Appa, sister was so good to me...” He said.

 

“I was also good to you” Nicole interrupted and justified her.

 

Mr.Kim looked at Key for an answer, “Appa, she is selfish...I know there must be a reason for sister to help her” Key said.

 

“She is also lying to you,” Nicole said.

 

Key got angry, “Then let’s ask her what the truth is,” he said to her.

 

Key suggests the idea of going back to London and checking with Sister.Theresa before moving further. Everyone accepts it, Nicole knows that the sister will tell the truth but Key looks so stubborn in helping Sister.Theresa so somehow they should give up on the idea of bringing charges against her; she got the confidence that she will be set free in the end.

 

It’s been a week since the accident, Eunji now looks better than before; she got back her complete consciousness and now she talks to everyone. Before Eunji could get better, Key doesn't want to leave for London; he wants to talk with her and explain to her his behavior. So till that Mrs.&Mr.Jung along with Nicole had to stay in Seoul and Mr.Kim's men were watching them; Mr.Jung locked Nicole in the hotel room so that she wouldn't be able to get any help.

 

That night, Key told that he will stay with Eunji like usual and asked Eunji's eomma to go home to take a rest. Eunji still didn’t sleep; she was looking at Key who was sitting with his head hung low and holding her hands.

 

“Kibum-ah...did Jong Soo sleep off?” She asked, looking at him. Key nodded his head without looking at her. “Did you call Eomonim?” She asked next. Key nodded his head again without looking at her. “Are you not going to look at me?” She asked. After a moment of thought, he looked at her; he looked worried.

 

“Soon I will be fine, Kibum-ah,” Eunji said and touched his face.

 

Key kept his hand on hers, “I thought I'm going to lose you again” he said with watery eyes.

 

Key took a small blue velvet box from his pocket. It has Eunji's key pendant chain which Mrs.Son gave to him this morning.

 

"Key, I saw this Eunji's pendant chain today morning" Mrs.Son as soon as she saw the chain, recognized it as Eunji's. In a few seconds, she did a small calculation inside her mind and found two questions. Why did Eunji remove the chain and why did she come out to see Jong Soo in the hospital in the car alone? So to find the answer she gave the Key pendant to Key today's morning and told her questions to him. Eunji understood that he wants the reason for removing the key pendant chain.

 

“I wanted to get lost, Kibum-ah...” Key looked at her, “That's what I was thinking while driving the car” she said.

 

After everyone went out, only Eunji and her eomma were there in the house. Eunji stood before the mirror and was looking at the Key pendant that Mrs.Kim gave her during their visit to Daegu. As she sees the key pendant, tears roll from her eyes. After coming back from the laboratory yesterday, Eunji still haven't spoken to anybody, she was looking at her mobile – photos of her and Key along with Jong Soo – their white teddy bear which they won in the shooting game in the amusement park, family photo with matching pajamas, Key’s birthday celebration, college reunion, Daegu’ photos; Tears rolled from her eyes as she sees those photos. Everybody thought her silence will get a break once they get the test results. In the morning when she said no to going with Mr.Kim to the laboratory to get the result, no one compelled her. After everyone went out, only Eunji and her eomma were there in the house. As she sees the key pendant, tears roll from her eyes.

 

‘Kibum-ah, why did you leave me again?’

 

‘You told me that you love me, then why are you not with me now?’

 

‘You said, you are Ken'

 

‘If you can’t understand who you are then will a paper make you who you are?’

 

‘You want to get away from me. Then go’

 

Eunji removed the key pendant, ‘If you are not here what do I have here...All I have now is all you gave me...so I don't have anything here if you are not here, I will go away somewhere...where no one knows...’ she kept the pendant on the dressing table and walked to the door but stopped when she saw Jong Soo's school bag.

 

She took it in her hand, ‘Aegi...I’m sorry... Eomma lost your appa once before you were born so you couldn't see your appa...now also I couldn't bring back your appa...I’m sorry...’ Tears rolled down, ‘I’m useless eomma...so I’m leaving...I couldn't do anything for you...sorry' she said.

 

“Eomma…” Eunji murmured with wide eyes when she saw her eomma standing behind her.

 

When her eomma came out of the kitchen she saw Eunji holding the schoolbag, so she went to her and touched her shoulder to get her attention. “Eunji-yah...” Her eomma saw her caressing Jong Soo’s school bag, “What are you doing? Do you need anything?” she asked carefully.

 

“Where is Jong Soo?” She asked.

 

“He went to the hospital with Naeun-ah...” She said.

 

Eunji nodded and walked to the door after quickly deciding to see Jong Soo for one last time.

 

Eunji saw the key pendant chain in the box that Key showed her, tears rolling down from her eyes. Key wore her key pendant and again held her hands.

 

“Eunji-yah...wae?” Key asked the reason for her decision as his voice cracked down after a moment of silence.

 

“I'm sorry,” she said as tears rolled down her eyes, “I thought I lost you again,” she said in a low voice.

 

He wiped her tears, “Eunji-yah…If the universe has brought us together again then it means we are meant to be together always…we are going to be together again” he said. His words reminded her of the words she told Taemin at the hospital when Key was admitted after being found unconscious in his room.

 

“I’m sorry, Kibum-ah…I’m sorry…” Eunji getting emotional makes her head uncomfortable.

 

“No...” He calmed her down, after seeing her getting uncomfortable, “I made a big mistake...I should have told you what I planned...but I didn't...It's my mistake,” he said and started explaining why he behaved badly and told his plan.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter