Chapter - 10

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ken closed the door as soon as he entered his room, sat down on the bed silently and again thinks of the Soyou's word. 'How can a girl be like this? Is it really true? If it is true, then am I really Kibum? Why should they say me Kibum? What do they want from me? What do I have? They are rich and powerful here. I'm nothing. What do they want from me?’ he thought.

‘Lullaby and Good Night
You are mother's delight.
I will protect you from harm.
And you will wake in my arms.'

Ken heard Eunji's voice; she is singing for Jong Soo, "Am I really husband of this girl? She is all living for her death husband...thats why she comes back to me all the times smiling like a puppy how many times I insult her...That boy...he is so similar to me...that old couple in Busan thinks me as their son, why? I don’t know..." He stood up and walked around the room nervously as he thinks, "Those guys, my friends, Soyou...are they acting? No...Soyou, she is good, she never cared whether I'm Ken or Kibum...she is true to me...why she says all these to me" he again sat on the bed, "If all these are true then Nicole...Was it a lie? No no no, she can’t lie to me...she is also from rich family...accepted me as who I'm and living for me" he got frustrated and pulls his hair as he knees down, “Ahrg...who am I? Who is lying to me...Who am I?" He said as he gritted his teeth, all his energy dried off, he feels like his head is spinning and slowly he loses his conscious and fell on the ground.

When he opened his eyes again, he saw an unfamiliar ceiling and heard two familiar voices at the corner of the room.

"Eunji, are you mad?" Ken heard Taemin talking to Eunji after he realised where he is, "It is the right chance to do the test, let's do it," Taemin said to Eunji. Ken got angry but didn’t react, acted as still sleeping to hear their conversation.

"No we are not. We have made a promise to him,” Eunji said.

"Promise? He is Key, still he is thinking him as Ken, we should prove him, now he is in unconscious so let do it."

"No"

"Wae? We won’t get another chance like this. Didn't you hear what doctor said? It is like helping him...”

"In mutual trust he is staying here...even if you show him all test results as he is Kibum, he won't believe because you broke his trust already" Taemin let his shoulder down in disappointment, “Then he will go back...I don’t want to lose a chance of being with him."

"Soon he will go back, we don’t have enough time Eunji.”

"Even if he goes back, he will come back for Jong Soo" Ken listened to her words, he agreed in his heart that Eunji was right; after spending all these days with Jong Soo, he likes that kid. He has already decided that even if he goes back and gets marry with Nicole, he will always be in touch with Jong Soo. "He is so affectionate to him," Eunji said.

"If he goes back, he will marry that girl" Taemin tries to reason out his decision. Eunji was silent, "He will live thinking him as Ken all through his life then." 

Eunji thought for a moment and let a sigh, "He is Ken or Kibum, I don't care. But now I'm happy because he is alive. All these days I couldn’t accept his death, but he is alive now...whether as Ken or Kibum he is going to living...that is enough for me. If the universe has brought him to me then I believe that universe will tell him he is Kibum” Eunji said and came to seat near to Ken. Taemin shook his head in disappointment and sat on the other side to Ken.

After listening to their conversation, Ken acted as if he is waking up. “Hyung", “Kibummie" Taemin and Eunji called him and help him to sit lean on the bed.

"How are you, hyung?” Taemin asked. But Ken didn't reply, turned to Eunji, "What happened?” Ken asked her. Ken was bit upset on Taemin as he wants to break the promise that he made to him.

"We saw you unconscious in the room," Eunji replied.

Ken nodded and tried to recall his last night, "What did the doctor said?" He asked.

"It is due to stress" Taemin said before Eunji could reply and he waited for his reply but then Ken again turned to Eunji, "How long I should stay here?" he asked Eunji. Taemin understood that he is avoiding him.

"We can leave today," Eunji said and looked at Taemin  understanding that Ken is avoiding him.

"Oh...then where is Jong Soo?” Ken asked looking around the room.

"He is at home; Naeun-ah is with him" Eunji replied in low voice.

"Oh okay," Ken said. Taemin was looking at Ken, waiting for Ken to look at him, but he didn’t, "Okay I will proceed with discharge procedures," Taemin said and went out. Eunji looked confused why Ken avoids Taemin all of the sudden.

Taemin excepted that Ken will talk to him but he didn’t till the reach home. As soon as Jong Soo saw Ken, he ran and hugged him; Ken with a smile lifted him in his hands.

"Appa..." Jong Soo kissed Ken's cheeks and wrapped his tiny arms as around his neck, "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Appa is fine...did you worry about me?” He looked at Jong Soo nodding his sad face, "No no...appa is completely fine now," he said and kissed his cheeks. Jong Soo looked at his eomma to confirm it, Eunji nodded at him with a smile.

"Don’t cry anymore...just stress of appa's work" Taemin looked at Ken and wonders what stress he has in work all of the sudden.

"How are you, Oppa?” Naeun asked next after they sat down.

"I'm fine, Naeun-ah," Ken replied.

"We are worried" Ken nodded at her with a smile.

"Then shall we go Naeun-ah?” Taemin asked to grab her attention. Eunji insist them in staying for lunch but Taemin said no as he was little down and confused for Ken's behaviour towards him.

"Thank you," Ken said Taemin looking at him when they reached the door. Taemin looked him for a moment; it was so formal thank you, "Anytime hyung" he said and walked out. On their way home, Taemin informed Naeun about what doctor said and what Eunji said about the test and at last about Ken's behaviour to him.
Jong Soo didn’t leave Ken even for a minute; Eunji quickly prepared lunch for them and showed him the tablets after their lunch.

"It is about vitamins and iron, you can check it" Eunji gave the tablets to him. Ken got those tablets and got a smile for her words but didn’t check it, had those tablets. Ken has a lot of calls to attend, from Nicole who blamed Eunji and others for not taking care of Ken and she even suspect that they are trying to kill him, to which Ken didn't listen much to it, from Mrs.&Mr.Kim for which Ken has convince Mrs.Kim alot who was adamant to her idea of visiting.

"Eomonim, I'm fine... don't worry about me. Eunji take care of me. Drop the idea of coming here," Ken said in a firm tone. Calling her as 'Eomonim' made Eunji and Mrs.&Mr.Kim surprised, so Mrs.Kim dropped her idea. There were calls from Onew who spoke affectionately and caring about his health but Minho had an argument with Ken for scaring him and get worried all the times, which made Eunji who was seeing it got loud laugh. Soyou visited him and blamed Eunji for not taking care of Ken which paved a way for them to exchange some cold word. Ken stood up between them to divert.

After a tiring day, they got ready for the bed. It was their usual time for bed but still Jong Soo didn't get on the bed.

"Its time for bed aegi, come," Eunji said as she sits on the bed. Jong Soo shook his head. "Wae? Are you not sleepy?" she asked.

"I don't want to sleep here" Jong Soo said and grabbed his Woody pillow.

"Then where do you want to sleep?" Eunji asked in confusion.

"With Appa..." he said and ran to Ken's room. Before Eunji could stop him, Jong Soo entered the room.

"Appa!" Jong Soo called out as he enters, Ken was near the dresser as he applies his moisturizer, turned to Jong Soo and saw Eunji has come following him, "Can I sleep with you?" Jong Soo asked. Ken looked at Eunji, she turned to Jong Soo, "Aegi, some other day lets sleep with Appa, now lets go back" she tries to grab Jong Soo's hand but he shook his head and climbed on Ken's bed, "No, I want to sleep with Appa." he said in a firm tone.

"Okay, then sleep with me," Ken said and sat next to Jong Soo with a smile.

"Its O..." Eunji stopped.

"Its okay. Let him sleep with me tonight," Ken assured her.

"Okay then, call me if you need anything. I'm leaving now...” Eunji said and turned to go but stopped when Jong Soo called her.

"Eomma, You also sleep with us" Jong Soo said. Eunji and Ken's eyes went wide in shock and looked at him.

"Why?" Ken asked with wide eyes.

"Appa is sleeping alone so let's sleep together" Jong Soo replied.

"Aegi, eomma will sleep in the other room so..." Eunji stopped.

"Eomma, Appa is not feeling well, what if he need anything so, let's sleep together." Jong Soo interrupted Eunji in a pleading tone. Eunji looked at Ken for help.

"Jong Soo-ah, Appa is fine now. No problem..." Ken stopped. "Its okay lets sleep together" Jong Soo interrupted him with his puppy eyes bulging out.

Ken thought for a moment and nodded at him. "Yes, Eomma bring your pillow" Jong Soo said in excited tone.

Eunji looked at Ken, when he nodded at her she went and brought her pillow. Ken and Jong Soo were already got into the bed when Eunji returned back.

"For sometimes" Eunji said in low voice which Ken alone can hear. Ken looked at her and smile with a small nod before he adjusts on the bed. Jong Soo in the middle, Ken and Eunji lie down on the each side of him. It was a bed for two people but three tried to fit in. After pulling the blanket till his chest, Jong Soo looked at his eomma for his usual song session. Knowing her son's request, Eunji shook her head; she hesitates to sing before Ken.

"He wants to hear your song, sing Eunji," Ken said. Eunji's jaw dropped down in shock, "I hear your song every night, sing," he said. With a shy, Eunji started her song;

Eunji thought for a moment and started to sing old beatles songs - Good Night

Now its time to say Good Night,
Good Night, Sleep tight.

Now the sun turns out his light,
Good Night, Sleep tight.
Dream sweet dreams for me,
Dream sweet dreams for you.

Close your eyes and I'll close mine,
(Ken and Jong Soo smiled at her and closed their eyes)
Good Night, sleep tight.

Now the moon begins to shine,
Good Night, sleep tight.
Dream sweet dreams for me,
Dream sweet dreams for you.

Good Night,
Good Night, everybody
Everybody, everywhere
Good Night.

Before Eunji could finish the song, boys landed in their dreamland. Eunji were looking at them; she got a smile as she admires them who looks similar, she kissed Jong Soo's forehead and looks at Ken who is sleeping. Without knowing herself, Eunji slowly her eyes to sleep.

'Its warm' Eunji moved closer.

'Its Comfortable' Ken moved closer.

When alarm broke the silence in the room, both opened their eyes; it went wide in shock when they realize that they were hugging each other. Quickly pulled away from each other, Ken rolled back and fell down on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Eunji asked him in panic.

"Yes...I'm" Ken said as he stands up rubbing his elbow, "Jong Soo?" they looked around. As worried they came out of the room and saw Jong Soo sleeping in the couch and were at the edge of the couch to fall off. But before that Ken rushed and caught him in his hand.

"Jong Soo-ah" Eunji cried out in shock.

Ken quickly caught him in his hand and check on him. Eunji went near him, "Aegi, are you hurt?" she asked in panic.

"Aniyo eomma" he said as he leans on Ken's shoulder and rubs his eyes.

"When did you come here, Jong Soo-ah?" Ken asked.

"Middle of the night, Appa," he said, still sleepy.

"Wae?" Eunji asked in serious tone.

"Because Eomma and Appa were squeezing me, I couldn’t sleep," he said as he wrapped his hand around Ken's neck. Ken and Eunji looked each other and turned away to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter