Chapter - 26

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is your real plan of making us come here?” Ken asked Mrs.Kim as he stared at her.

“I know Halmeoni’s memorial ceremony is just an excuse…” Mrs.Kim slightly shook her head in shock at his words, “Are you trapping Eunji here because she may be a threat to your money? That’s why you are nice to her?” he asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

“No Kibumie…” Mrs.Kim started as she touched his hand but he pulled away back.

“So what is your plan with Jong Soo? He looks like your son…What you going to do to him?” he asked, leaning back on his chair, “Or is it to kill them?” He asked.

“Kibummie...” Mrs.Kim reacted soon in anger to his words.

“Then tell me, Mrs.Kim? What is your plan?” he said.

“Kibummie...why do you behave like this?” Mrs.Kim touched Ken's hands and looked at him with worried eyes. Ken didn't reply, looked at her with his eyebrows furrowed. “Why do you call me ‘Mrs.Kim'?” She asked in a worried tone.

“Then how should I call you?” He asked in a cold tone.

“Eomma” Mrs.Kim leaned forward, “You should call me ‘Eomma'...I'm your eomma...” She said and grabbed his hands.

“Eomma? Then who is Eunji for you? Jong Soo?” Ken asked angrily. Mrs.Kim understood that Ken must have come to know about the incident that happened between her and Eunji and that’s why he is behaving like this so she kept quiet as she knew that she deserved to get scolded by her son for her behavior toward his wife.

“How can you talk bad about Jong Soo, eomma?” He asked in a louder tone but quickly realized that they were outside, so looked around to see whether he got anyone's attention, thankfully no one was around them; he immediately reduced his voice. “Isn't he, your grandson? How can you talk bad about him? What did he do to you?” He asked angrily in a low voice.

“So you came to know all about it?” Mrs.Kim asked in a low voice with her head hung low.

“Dae...I learned how you behaved with Eunji in the past, in the airport...Your words about Jong Soo...” He said with an angry expression.

“Did Eunji tell you?” Mrs.Kim asked, looking at him.

“Do you think she will tell me all these?” Mrs.Kim shook her head slowly, “Does she know what you said about Jong Soo?” He asked.

Mrs.Kim quickly got straightened up and shook her head as she looked at him. “She doesn't know...Lee Oppa told me that he said only half-truth so she doesn't know...” Mrs.Kim said.

“Do you think that she will come here again if she knows your words? Will she face you ever in her life again?” He asked, pointing at her.

“Aniyo” Mrs.Kim shook her head with wide eyes.

“Then should I say to her?”

“Aniyo...Aniyo Kibum-ah...don’t say to her...” Mrs.Kim said in a pleading tone as she held his hand. “If she knows...” Mrs.Kim looked inside whether Eunji was nearby, “Then she won’t come here...she will leave us...this is her home, she should live here happily... I don't want her to leave...We are a family” Mrs.Kim said with watery eyes.

“Family? When did we become a family? After you do all these to her...” He asked her rudely.

“Kibum-ah...I know I'm wrong...Eomma is wrong...” Mrs.Kim said in a pleading tone which sounded like an aegyo tone for him, for which Ken wanted to laugh but he maintained his poker face, “Scold me...or if you want to beat me...” She grabbed his hand and brought it to her cheeks to beat herself, "Beat me" she said but he pulled his hand away from hers. “But don’t leave us...” She pleaded with him, “I promised Eomonim that I will take care of Eunji...again to you also I give my word, I will take care of Eunji...and also Jong Soo...they are our family...will be our family...” She said.

“Will you look after her even if I’m not here?” Ken asked Mrs.Kim.

“Ofcou...” Mrs.Kim stopped and looked at Ken whose head was hung low; so she lifts it up, “Wait, why do you ask me such things?” She asked looking at him but he didn't reply. Mrs.Kim thought for a moment, “OMO! That six months...it is going to get over, right?” She asked him; again he didn't reply to her, “Kibum-ah...” She grabbed both his hands, “Still don't you realize that you are Kibum, my son?” She asked, “This is your home...I’m your eomma...she is your wife” Mrs.Kim said pointing inside. Ken didn't reply, “Kibum-ah, think well...you will get your memory back...think,” she said.

“Eomma didn't you tell me that you won’t convince me that I’m Kibum” Ken reminds her about the promise that they made in the hospital when he came to visit Jong Soo.

“Bull...” Ken wants to laugh but maintains his poker face, “I’m not convincing you that you are Kibum...I’m telling you that you are Kibum...listen to eomma...” She commanded. Ken slightly shook his head, “Wait...are you...are you still talking with that ...What...what is her name?” Mrs.Kim thought.

“Nicole...” Ken replied in a low voice.

“Ah...Nicole...are you?” She asked in a serious tone.

“Sometimes...” He murmured.

“Stop talking to her...she is not good...” Mrs.Kim said in a cornered tone.

“Long back you said Eunji is bad and not you changed your opinion…like that one day you will change for Nicole...” Ken said in a low voice to irk her more and he wanted to laugh when Mrs.Kim's face turned red in anger.

“Yah Kibum-ah...” Mrs.Kim called in angry, “She is a bad person...stop talking to her” she ordered, “Is Eunji and that the same?” Ken bit his low lip to hide his laugh, “How can you compare her with our Eunji? Eunji? Right, Eunji?” She turned him to look at her, “Don't you love Eunji?” Ken's eyes went wide, “I know you love her, don't you?” He turned away to hide his smile and thought that he got caught, “Last time I failed to recognize it but this time I caught you...don't you love her?” She asked again.

Ken looked at her, “How did I get caught last time?” He asked.

“First answer my question? Don’t you love her?” She demanded him.

“Answer me first, Eomma…how did I get caught?” He asked again, this time in an aegyo voice.

Mrs.Kim dropped her shoulder in disappointment and let out a sigh, “I didn't catch you...you told us when you didn't have any choice” she said and looked at him.

Ken got a smile and leaned forward, “Really, Eomma?” He asked.

“Yes,” she also lean forward, “You moved everything brilliantly...So we didn't get any doubt in your behavior” Ken looked at her curiously, “When you often go to Seoul, we thought you miss your friends because you don't have any companion here to be with...During daytime you were always good at work and sincere, I didn’t find any difference...” Mrs.Kim thought for a moment, “Huh...once I caught you talking love talk over the phone, ‘I miss you, Want to see you now, Next time let's go for it, I think about you always'...'' Ken got a smile, “When I asked who it was, you replied it's Jonghyun and he wants to see you as he misses you...so I didn't think about it much as I know you both were very close...” Mrs.Kim is still talking.

“Ah...Eomma...” Ken interrupted her, “Jonghyun? How does he...you mean...Jonghyun?” Ken struggled to complete his words.

“Jonghyun...” Mrs.Kim let a sigh again, “Good kid but...what to do now...He was struggling to fit into this life...in this society…his interest was music but he was...got responsibility for his family...so he couldn't handle it all...struggled a lot between his wish and life” she said.

There was a silence for a moment, “It was his funeral where I saw you and Eunji standing next to each other...But I didn't think much that time...” She said and they looked at each other.

--FLASHBACK--

Key stopped his way down the stairs when he heard a few familiar voices from the living room. It was Arisa and her parents sitting in the living room and his parents were also there with them. Key didn't expect their sudden visit to their home.

“Oppa...” Arisa called in an excited tone as soon as she saw him and came to him and hugged him.

“Oh...Ari...Arisa...” Key called in a worried tone.

“Oppa...are you not happy to see me?” She asked and showed her pout face.

“Aniyo...” Key tried to smile at her.

“How will he not be happy to see you, Arisa?” Mrs.Kim said; Arisa and Key looked at her, “You are his favorite always from childhood” she said with a wide smile. Arisa got a shy smile and moved closer to Key; actually, he was not that happy to see his surprising guest at that time at his home as he was in a hurry to go out.

“Come Kibum-ah...Sit here” Mrs.Kim showed the couch.

They spoke about a few general topics regarding his work and his completed military service. As he was in a hurry, Key stood up to leave but Mrs.Kim asked to stay back as he needed to be there in the discussion, which led Ken to wonder why.

“It would be nice if you are here with us while we talk, your opinion and ideas are also needed for this marriage talk,” Arisa's eomma told him the answer to the question that arises inside his mind.

“Marriage? Whose marriage?” Key asked in surprise.

“Who else, it’s for you and Arisa!” Mrs.Kim said in excitement which made Arisa get a shy smile again.

“My marriage? With Arisa?” Key asked in shock.

“Dae, Kibum-ah...We know you both like each other and also it was already in talk so now let's finalize it” Mr.Kim said.

“Aniyo...I never thought to marry Arisa...” Key said quickly, and everyone got shocked; Key turned to Arisa, “Arisa, did I ever tell you that I will marry you? No, right?” Arisa looked at him with wide eyes.

“So what, Kibum-ah? It's past, now you both get married because you both know each other well...” Mrs.Kim said to make the place remain calm.

“But eomma, Arisa is my friend, I never thought to marry her” Key replied. Arisa and her parents looked shocked.

“Kibum-ah...” Mrs.Kim smiled and tried to be calm, “You both make a good pair, even though she is very young, Arisa is good and responsible...and also it is good for everyone,” Mrs.Kim said and gave a serious glance at Key.

“Eomma...marriage is up to me to decide whom to get married with...I want to choose the person who is right and perfect for me” Key said.

“Then have you chosen the person already?” Arisa's appa asked in a serious tone and looked at Key.

“Aniyo...aniyo...Oppa, he is not...” Mrs.Kim started.

“Dae...I already chose a girl of my choice” Key interrupted.

“Kibum-ah...” Mrs.Kim called him in shock.

“I wish to marry her” Key completed. Everyone in the room was shocked by the sudden confession. Arisa and her parents are disappointed by his words, “I’m sorry, I have to go now...” Key stood up and turned to Arisa and her parents, “I’m sorry to disappoint you all. It’s my fault that I didn't talk about it to my parents, sorry for the trouble.” Key bowed down respectfully before everyone and looked at their reaction which was still a shock.

“Okay, eomma...I have to leave now...I’m leaving” he said and walked out quickly without waiting for their reply.

Mrs. & Mr.Kim tried to convince Arisa and her parents that Key will change his decision and they will talk about it to him. But Arisa’s dad understood that Key has already decided about his future and if he gives his daughter to Key forcefully, then it will be his daughter Arisa who will be the one to suffer most in that marriage life so he said no to Mrs.& Mr.Kim's idea of convincing Key and walked away, which led Mrs.Kim to get angrier with Key.

After a few hours, Key came back home. He saw Mrs.Kim sitting alone in the living room and she looked angry. Key tried to walk away without gaining her attention but Mrs.Kim caught her.

“Kibum-ah” Mrs.Kim called her in a cold tone. Key stopped and looked at her, “Where have you been all this time?” She asked and turned to him.

“Went out,” he said in a low voice.

“That's why I’m asking, where did you go?” Mrs.Kim shouted in anger. Mr.Kim walked in, “How can you leave when we are in the middle of a discussion about your life?” She asked in anger.

“Eomma...There is nothing to discuss, I told you my decision” Key replied politely.

“Decision?” Mrs.Kim laughed, “Who are you to decide?” She asked in a louder tone.

Key dropped his shoulder in disappointment, “Eomma it is my life...I can choose the person with whom I can live” he said.

“But you need your eomma's permission to do it?” Mrs.Kim said in a firm tone.

“So can't I do whatever I want for my life?” Key asked in an angry tone.

“You can Kibum-ah” Mr.Kim spoke before his wife could talk, he stood before Key, “You can, and it’s your life...” Mrs.Kim got disappointed, “But you have responsibility for this family,” he said.

“I know appa...I will be with you and do my work that's why I came back to Daegu once you asked me to come...I will work for your business” Key said.

“That alone is not important, Kibum-ah” Mrs.Kim came between them, “Marry Arisa...that is good for your future and our business,” she said.

“Business?” Key looked confused.

“Yes, marry her, they are ready to invest in our business...and in future, we can merge two companies... You both can work together” Mrs.Kim said.

“Andwae...I can’t do such things” Key said in a stubborn tone.

“No, you have to do it...” Mrs.Kim shouted at Key.

“Myeoneuli...” Everyone turned to grandma's voice. “How can you ask your son to sacrifice his life for our business?” She asked Mrs.Kim who stood silent.

“It’s not only for business eomonim...” Mrs.Kim said in a low voice, “Also for your son's dream” she said and looked at Mr.Kim.

“Appa's dream?” Key asked.

“Dae Kibum-ah...For Appa's dream...if we get this investment then we can step inside the western market too...” Mrs.Kim said with a proud smile and turned to grandma, “Eomonim, you know everything...Abeonim started this business but Oppa brought it up to this height...to move to the next level we need their investment...Won’t you be happy for your son's success?” Mrs.Kim asked and looked eagerly for her reply.

“Myeoneuli, I will always be happy for my son's success but we should also look out for Kibum-ah's future and his happiness...” Grandma said.

“Yes eomonim…Arisa and Kibum-ah can make a good family together” Mrs.Kim said and looked at grandma and Key, “First thing is they make a good pair…with that additionally comes the business investment…is it not a double happiness?” Mrs.Kim asked them with a cheerful smile.

“Eomma…” Key whined, “Don’t bring business again in between” he said.

“No Kibum-ah…” Mr.Kim said before his wife could talk, “Not because of business, Arisa and her family are really good…that girl loves you so much and can be a good wife to you…that’s why eomma is telling it again and again” Mr.Kim tried to be on his wife’s side and that brought a big smile on her face.

“Even Eunji is good, Appa…” Key said looking at his appa, “I love her” he said.

“Is she really good?” Mrs.Kim asked before Mr.Kim could talk.

“Dae…she is a good, kind-hearted, and well-mannered girl” Grandma answered for Key.

Mrs. & Mr.Kim looked shocked and Mrs.Kim turned to grandma in shock, “Eomonim, you know that girl?” she asked in shock.

“Dae…Halmeoni knows Eunji, we all met once…” Key said.

Mrs.Kim let out a bitter laugh as a disappointment in both of them, “Okay…tell me about that good girl Eunji…” she said and crossed her hands to try to be calm.

“Appa...” Key turned to his appa because he knows that he will listen to him more calmly than his eomma now and this made Mrs.Kim get irked more but waited patiently to listen to Key, “Her name is Jung Eunji, she is my college junior...” Key started.

Mrs.Kim raised her hand to tell him to stop his talk, “Tell me about her family…what her parents are doing?” she asked.

Key let a sigh out and looked at his eomma, “Her appa passed away when she was little... Her eomma brought up her and her little brother...she works at a store...” Key said and looked at Mrs.Kim.

Mrs.Kim dropped her hands down and shook her head in disappointment as Eunji and her eomma had no way to help with their business; Mrs.Kim turned to grandma, “Eomonim, do you know about that girl's family?” Grandma stood silent, “So you know about it and still you took his side?” She asked grandma pointing at Key.

“Myeoneuli, that is not important... Most important in a marriage is the love and character of a person...Eunji is brought up well with all good character and she also loves our Kibum-ah” Grandma said.

Mrs.Kim let out a bitter laugh which irked Key, “Eomonim, how does a poor girl not fall for a guy like our Kibum-ah...handsome and rich?” She said pointing at Key, “It is a trap...through him, she can get everything she wants...” Mrs.Kim said in a louder tone.

Key understood that there is no use in talking with his eomma so he moved to Mr.Kim who is still hasn’t come off the thoughts that his dreams for his business is now crashed down, “Appa...no...it's not like eomma says...Eunji suits for our family, just talk with her once, even you will like her, even you will say that she is best...I will bring her here” he said.

“Andwae...There is nothing to talk about them and also to her...all this will never work out” Mrs.Kim said in anger.

“How can you reject her even before you see her?” Grandma asked Mrs.Kim.

“Eomonim, this is my son's life...I have to make a decision” Mrs.Kim replied angrily to Grandma.

“Eomma, it’s my life…I have to make a decision” Key said.

“So you are going to go against your eomma?” Mrs.Kim asked Key.

“Aniyo eomma…I want you to meet Eunji once…” Key pleaded with her.

“No,” Mrs.Kim said in a firm tone.

“Myeoneuli…he is not only your son…” Grandma said to Mrs.Kim and looked at Mr.Kim, “You should meet Eunji and her eomma, this is not a request, my order” she said to Mr.Kim.

Mr.Kim thought for a moment, “Kibum-ah, ask them to come home…let's talk” obedient son Mr.Kim said to Key which brought a smile to his face while Mrs.Kim felt defeated by grandma’s strategy.

“Already I told them to come home, appa…they will come tomorrow,” Key said to Mr.Kim and smirked at grandma. Mr.Kim nodded his head without looking at him and walked away from the room with a disappointed face while Mrs.Kim looked angrily at Key and grandma who had wide smiles on their faces.

“Okay fine…let them come…let’s talk,” Mrs.Kim said and walked away angrily.

Key got a wide smile and hugged his grandma for being on his side. Grandma encouraged him and also asked him to be positive about the meeting as she will look after everything.

Eunji and her eomma along with her little brother Minki came to Key’s home the next day. Eunji was nervous about the meeting with Key’s parents; the same feeling of being scared and nervous came inside her heart just like the moment she saw Mrs.Kim in the hotel from the long along with Key. And also Eunji was so worried because Key was not able to properly answer any of her eomma’s questions so she doesn’t know how this meeting will go and worried about how they will convince Key’s parents. Eunji’s eomma was not happy to see Key’s big house and also she doesn’t have a feeling that everything is going to go smoothly; after Eunji spoke and pleaded her lot to convince her, in the end, she accepted to come with Eunji to meet Key’s parents. The only person to be happy and excited to see Key’s big house is Eunji’s little brother Minki – a school-going kid; he was excited to see a big house with a beautiful garden and there were many household staff. He always tell her eomma that he will buy her a big house with a beautiful garden once he started earning so after seeing Key’s house he made a promise inside his heart that he also should get such a big house for his eomma; he was not nervous or worried like other two – he knows that they have come there to talk about her sister and Key’s relationship but doesn’t have any idea about the complication which behind the topic.

“Oh, Eunji-yah…” Grandma came to the living room with much excitement to see Eunji. She hugged and kissed Eunji and also told her that she missed her. Eunji also expressed her happiness of seeing her after a long time and introduced her family to grandma. While they were all having a small chat, Mrs.Kim came there; Eunji stood up and greeted her politely and tried to be calm and normal, hiding her nervousness.

“Nice to see you, sit down…” Mrs.Kim said with a wide smile and ordered her staff to bring snacks and refreshments. Grandma looked shocked at Mrs.Kim’s wide smile and looked at her from head to toe; she noticed that Mrs.Kim had dressed up with extra care to highlight her standard. Grandma couldn't guess what Mrs.Kim was up to because she was upset about Key’s behavior until yesterday but now she has come down with a wide smile on her face.

Mrs.Kim looked at Eunji and quickly recollected and remembered that she saw Eunji at Jonghyun’s funeral, in which Key and Eunji were standing next to each other and he was holding her hands and crying while she tried to calm him down. At that moment Mrs.Kim didn’t find anything suspicious as Soyou was also next to him and it was a funeral place so nothing clicked with Mrs.Kim.

Mrs.Kim and Eunji’s eomma made eye contact – Mrs.Kim gave a sharp and deep look at her with a wide smile while Eunji’s eomma brought her head down to avoid eye contact with her. Mrs.Kim looked at Minki who was still in amusement for the house and his eyes were still roaming around the room to take a good look at each detail; Mrs.Kim didn’t fail to notice his amused face.

“And who is this little guy here?” Mrs.Kim asked sweetly with a smile.

“Huh…my brother…Minki-ah…” Eunji said nervously.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jung Minki inmida” Minki bowed at her.

“Are you going to school? I hope you are well in your studies” Mrs.Kim said.

“Dae…I’m good at studies, my grades are really good, that’s what my teachers say always” he said and again his eyes moved around the room which Mrs.Kim didn’t fail to notice.

“Looks like you like this house…”

“Dae…I like it very much” Minki said in an excited tone.

“What do you like about it here?”

“Huh…Garden…it is so beautiful”

“Oh…then you share the same interest with eomonim…” Mrs.Kim said pointing at grandma, “Then why can’t you both go and take a look at the garden” Mrs.Kim said with a smile and looked at Grandma.

Minki nodded his head with excitement while grandma understood that Mrs.Kim wanted to talk alone with Eunji and her eomma. Being alone with Mrs.Kim, made Eunji more nervous; she looked around and wonder where Key is because there is no sign of him in the house so she slowly looked at her mobile; there was no message from Key which made her get worried and Mrs.Kim didn’t fail to notice Eunji’s face gets worried.

“Are you looking for Kibummie?” Mrs.Kim asked and smiled at Eunji.

Eunji didn’t reply, “He has gone out,” Mrs.Kim said. Once she heard those words, Eunji looked up at Mrs.Kim in shock, but she gave a wide smile as a reply to her.

‘How can he go out now? He knows that we are coming to his home, then how he does something like that’ Eunji thought.

“He said you are coming and doesn’t want to go out” Mrs.Kim started as if she read Eunji’s thoughts, “But still I sent him out for official work,” Mrs.Kim said and again smiled at her. Mrs.Kim doesn’t want Key to be at home when Eunji comes home with her family so early in the morning she convinces her husband to take Key out of the town with an excuse - their office work.

Eunji felt like she was trapped by Mrs.Kim as she had sent out both the people – Kibum and grandma, who will be on her side; she gets more nervous for Mrs.Kim’s smile.

“So tell me Eunji, is it true that you are his college junior?” Mrs.Kim asked Eunji after leaning back on the couch comfortably.

“Dae…I’m her junior in college” Eunji nodded her head in nervousness.

“How was he in college? Isn’t he a very naughty guy?” Mrs.Kim asked with a smile.

“Ani…Kibu…” Eunji saw Mrs.Kim’s eyebrow getting furrowed as she guessed Eunji was calling her son by his name, “Sunbaenim…” Eunji corrected her words; then Mrs.Kim smiled at her, “was good” she said.

“Aren't there any other guys on the campus?” Mrs.Kim asked next. Eunji’s eomma looked at Mrs.Kim as she understood what Mrs.Kim was going to say. Eunji looked up without replying, “Why did you set to trap my son Kibum-ah when there are so many other guys on the campus?” Mrs.Kim asked Eunji.

“Trap?” Eunji’s eomma spoke first, “Who trapped your son?” she asked.

“Your daughter, Jung Eunji,” Mrs.Kim said pointing at Eunji.

“I think you heard wrong, it was your son Kibum-ah who was behind my daughter Jung Eunji,” Eunji’s eomma said looking at Mrs.Kim.

“That’s why I’m also asking, how did she trap my son to come behind her?” Mrs.Kim asked, looking at Eunji’s eomma.

“Eomon…” Mrs.Kim looked at Eunji with furrowed eyebrows before she finish calling her, ‘Eomonim’ so Eunji stopped. “It's not like how you think,” Eunji said with her head hung low.

“So what is it?” Mrs.Kim asked in a serious tone.

“We liked…each other” Eunji said in a low voice.

Mrs.Kim laughed, “How come only a poor girl like you…” Mrs.Kim pointed at Eunji which made her eomma get angry, “Likes only a rich guy like my son Kibum-ah?” she asked sarcastically.

“It's not only my daughter who likes your son, but he also likes her. That's why he came to her again and again,” Eunji’s eomma said.

“Again and again?” Mrs.Kim let out a bitter laugh, “Wow…he does like that?” she said.

“Dae…if you want to say anything just tell your son - Kim Kibum to be away from my daughter” Eunji’s eomma said in anger. Eunji immediately grabbed her hand to tell her to be calm but she pushed it away from her hand.

“Oh…are you advising me what to tell my son?” Mrs.Kim nodded and leaned back comfortably on the couch and crossed her legs, “So is this how you advise your daughter how to trap rich family sons?” she asked, looking at Eunji’s eomma with a serious expression, which made Eunji’s eomma get angry.

“What did you tell?” she stood up and asked in anger. Along with her Eunji also stood up to calm her down.

“I asked, was it you who taught your daughter how to trap rich family sons?” she asked.

“We don’t have to do such cheap things…We work for our living”

“Then why did you come here?” Mrs.Kim stood up, “Can’t you understand that you are no match for my family?” she shouted.

“It was again your son Kim Kibum, who asked us to come here…If yet at all anything you have to tell, first tell him, not to us,” Eunji’s eomma said.

“It was all your daughter was doing, using him as her puppet” Mrs.Kim pointed at Eunji.

“No, we like each other so we thought about talking about it with our family” Eunji stepped forward and said.

“Like each other?” Mrs.Kim let out a laugh, “You are no match for him, and don’t you know that?” Mrs.Kim shouted at her.

“It was your son who is no match to my daughter,” Eunji’s eomma said.

“What, my son? What do you people have? Trying to live by trapping and cheating others and you are telling me that my son is no match to her…” Mrs.Kim shouted pointing at Eunji.

“We don’t have to live a life like that…I brought my children with all dignity even after I lost my husband, I taught them how to live with dignity even though we are poor” Eunji’s eomma roared back.

“Then why the hell did you come here?” Mrs.Kim shouted at Eunji's eomma.

“Just because your son called here we came…or else who will come to see such a people…”

“Such a people…are you telling me that I’m cheap…Get out…GET OUT OF MY HOUSE” Mrs.Kim shouted.

“Myeoneuli…” Grandma entered the living room. Seeing the tension in the room and her sister standing next to his eomma with watery eyes, Minki walked quickly to her eomma.

“They are our guests, how can you behave as this” Grandma asked in anger.

“Eomonim, you please step away from this thing…” Mrs.Kim said in anger and looked at Eunji’s eomma, “Are you still here, I said you all GET OUT” Mrs.Kim shouted at them.

Without even a word, Eunji’s eomma walked out after grabbing Eunji’s hand, who was trying to talk with grandma; Minki was following his eomma. Grandma followed them back to the doorsteps as she tried to convince Eunji’s eomma to stop leaving but she didn’t listen to any of grandma’s words. But Mrs.Kim got a wide smile because she succeeded in her plan of insulting and sending out Eunji and her family and now she is watching them walking out.

--PRESENT--

“How can you behave like this eomma?” Ken, who was leaning back on the chair and listening to her, asked looking at Mrs.Kim but she was sitting with her head hung low without replying. “Are money and richness that important in a marriage?” he asked her.

“That day also, you asked me the same question,” Mrs.Kim said in a low voice.

“Eomma…” Ken called her in a louder tone to look at him, Mrs.Kim looked at him. “Is your business deal more important than your son’s wish? How can you and appa do this?” he asked in anger.

“Kibum-ah…don’t blame appa in this…all fault is eomma’s” she said pointing at herself.

“Appa didn’t do anything when you did all these to Eunji and her family, so he is also should be blamed”

“No, Appa wants you to be happy and thought your life is more important than his business deal” Ken looked at her in confusion, “It is true that appa needs this business deal but first he checked about you and Arisa…He saw a few photos of you and Arisa together which was during your trips…” Ken recollects Eunji telling him about going for a trip before Arisa leaves for Japan after her course in their college, “As you kept your relationship with Eunji secret from us, Appa thought you liked her, so he initiated the marriage talk along with business…” Ken remains silent. “When you said no to marriage, we were highly disappointed… we had high hopes and dreams so we expected this proposal would go well…but nothing worked out.” Mrs.Kim went silent thinking about those days.

“But eomma, how can I…” Ken started.

“I know Kibum-ah…” Mrs.Kim interrupted him, “How can you forget someone you loved and move on to marry another girl? I know but looking at my heartbroken husband after his dreams crashed down, I was more worried about him.” Mrs.Kim looked at Ken, “Kibum-ah…Appa thought to accept your relationship with Eunji, but I know he is very disappointed so I thought everything will be fine once I removed Eunji…so I insulted her family so that she will get angry with you and you will break up because of it…in the end, you and Arisa will get married…My marriage with Appa happened along with a business deal so I thought you also will change after marriage but nothing goes accordingly like what I thought.” Mrs.Kim said and there was silence.

“Instead you both decided to wait for us to change the decision…Eunji stayed with her eomma to convince her after leaving her job in Seoul…you were here and trying your best in business…” Mrs.Kim let out a laugh and looked at Ken, “Everyday eomma used to argue with you but you were so strong in your decision…I still remember that day, the of everything…you left our home” she said and recollected that day.

“Kibum-ah, why can’t you understand us?” Mrs.Kim asked Key in anger. It was Sunday lunchtime but it got spoiled when Mrs.Kim started her argument with Key regarding his marriage. Grandma asked Mrs.Kim to drop the topic but those were the days when Mrs.Kim was not ready to listen to anyone; even Mr.Kim understood his son so, he was at a point to give up his idea but Mrs.Kim was not ready to accept her defeat.

“Eomma, understand that I’m not interested in this marriage…I’m so sorry I can’t help you in this business deal” Key said in a firm tone.

“Why can’t you, Kibum-ah? Why can’t you? We gave our blood, sweat, and tears to raise you but now you can’t help us…” Mrs.Kim gave an emotional reason.

“How can you expect your son to make such a big sacrifice for our business, Myeoneuli?” Grandma asked in a louder tone.

“I’m talking to my son and I don’t want anyone to interfere in it” Mrs.Kim shouted.

“Eomma, when I love Eunji, how can I marry Arisa? I can't forget Eunji” Key said in a pleading tone.

“So what is the use of you here, Kibum-ah?” Mrs.Kim asked with her hands crossed and looked angry. Everybody was shocked by her words.

“Eomma…what are you saying? Are you saying…that I can be here only if I listen to you” Key asked Mrs.Kim.

“Dae” Mrs.Kim gave a quick reply which gave another shock to him.

“Eomma…” Key called her in a low voice in shock but got interrupted by a phone call, it was Eunji on the line.

“Wae? But…Okay wait for me there, I’m on my way” he said to Eunji over the phone.

Key looked at everybody for once and let out a sigh, “Okay then I leave the house…” he said.

“Andwae Kibum-ah…” Grandma said and walked to him and grabbed his hands,

“You can’t leave, this is your home” she said. But Key shook his head and removed his hands from hers.

“I’m leaving,” he said and left his wallet, watch, and gold accessories on the table.

“Kibum-ah, no…think again,” Mr.Kim said. Key gave a smile; “I’m sorry” he said and bowed down at him respectfully.

“One more step Kibum-ah…then no ties with your family,” Mrs.Kim said when Key reached the doorsteps. Key stood for a second and walked out without saying any word.

“But I’m sorry, Kibum-ah...it’s all be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter