Chapter - 16

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aegi..." Eunji called Jong Soo who was doing his home assignment with the help of Ken in living room. Jong Soo and Ken looked up at Eunji who is checking her handbag for her wallet, "Eomma is going out. Finish your home assignment" she said to Jong Soo and looked at Ken, "I'm going to near by store. Have to get few things," she said to him.

"Can I go?" Ken asked.

"Its okay. Only few things..." she replied him, "Be good. Eomma will be back soon" she kissed Jong Soo's head and walked out. After Eunji had gone out, Jong Soo and Ken smirked at each other.

As they didn't go for grocery shopping that weekend, Eunji has to get few ingredients for cooking. So Eunji went to the nearby store leaving Jong Soo with Ken. It just took only few minutes to buy things; Eunji came home and her eyes went wide open as soon as she opens the door. Ken and Jong Soo was dancing to the girl group songs.

"Jong Soo-ah...good...like this..." he showed his hand movement as they dance for 'Oh my girl's Non Stop song', "Oh good...Jong Soo-ah doing good" he said as Jong Soo copied Ken. Eunji stood still to watch what they are doing.

"Appa, next song..." Jong Soo said in excitement. Ken took the TV remote and changed the channel for new song. Ken stopped at asepa's next level; Eunji guessed that it was their first time to hear that song as they were standing still and observing the dance moves.

"Jong Soo-ah...this song..." Ken got excited when he saw 'Twice's Oh Ah Oh'.

"They are good," Eunji murmured with a smile.

"Jong Soo-ah...like this...shake your ..." Ken said and showed Jong Soo how to do it which Jong Soo copied well. "Oh yes...shake your cutely..." Ken said again and they did together.

Eunji suppressing her smile, "Yah...what are you doing?" she said in a louder tone to get their attention. Ken and Jong Soo stood still in the same position of shaking their ; Ken gave a embarrassed smile at Eunji and she has to try hard to stop laughing by seeing Ken and Jong Soo standing still in the middle of their dance move.

"I told you to study, but you both were dancing" Eunji asked in serious tone hiding her laugh.

"No...actually...we were..." Ken's words trailed off and he stopped for a moment, "Wait. How long are you watching us?" he asked. 

Eunji got nervous and still try to keep her tough face, "I was..." Her words trailed off just like Ken that happened few seconds before.

"So you were watching us for long?" Ken got a smile when Eunji still tries to reply, "Yah...don't you like us dancing?" he asked.

"Eomma, do you like it?" Jong Soo asked. Eunji laughed and nodded at him, "How was it? Cute?" he cupped his own face and brought out his puppy face and asked Eunji. She couldn't bare his cute acts on her, she laughed and sat down on the couch carrying Jong Soo in her arms.

"Dae...Cute!" Eunji said and gave a peak on his nose. Ken sat down on the couch.

"How did appa danced?" Jong Soo asked pointing at Ken.

"Dae...I know appa dances well but my aegi's dance surprised eomma a lot," she said.

"Appa dances well?" Jong Soo exclaimed. Ken also looked curiously.

"Dae. Appa dances well..." Eunji started.

"Appa sings well too..." Jong Soo interrupted her in excited tone. But Ken looked confused.

"Dae...Appa always hum some songs, right?" Eunji said to clear his confusion.

Jong Soo nodded at her and Ken look surprised how Jong Soo as a small boy noticed him, he felt happy. "Studies?" Jong Soo asked her.

"Dae, in studies also appa was so good...drawing, art work...appa is a all-rounder, aegi," Eunji said with a smile.

"Wow...Appa..." Jong Soo moved from Eunji's lap to Ken's lap, "You are so cool," he said and hugged him.

"Dae aegi, Appa is awesome, right?" Eunji asked. Jong Soo nodded and both looked at Ken, "Appa is awesome!" Both said together showing thumbs up. Ken couldn't hide his shy; he hugged Jong Soo and shared a smile with Eunji who has a happy smile on her face.

"So now can we start doing your home assignment?" Eunji asked Jong Soo who now looked at Ken with a worried look. 

"Appa!" he called him in a pleading voice to help him.

"Its okay. Let's do it later," Ken said.

Eunji's face turned serious, "He has to do" Eunji grabbed Jong Soo's hands.

"Andwae...later...Appa will help you..." Ken freed Jong Soo's hand.

"I love you, Appa" Jong Soo hugged Ken, Eunji shook her head with a smile as she looks at their bond.

"Appa!" Jong Soo pulled away from the hug as soon as he hears asepa's Black Mamba song in the TV, "Black Mamba!" he jumped from Ken's lap. Both Ken and Jong Soo danced for the song while Eunji watches them with a laugh for both being cute but soon Ken and Jong Soo pulled her from the couch to dance with them. Ken showed her the steps, and she copied him. Ken knows the dance move; he does the slip steps, "OMO!" Ken stood up holding his pants.

"Did it tear off?" Eunji asked and started laughing. Ken ran inside to change his pants; it turned out to be big laughter in the living room.

"Still what are you doing?" Eunji turned to Ken's voice while she was cleaning the dining table. They already had dinner, and Jong Soo has slept off. "Do you need help?" he asked.

"Nothing...I just spilled the sauce while moving it" she said as she wipes the table, "Do you need anything?" she asked.

"No, I just came to reheat the milk," he said and walked to the burners.

"Does your pant tear off?" she asked him as he was stirring the milk. Ken nodded his head and heard Eunji giggling, "Can I stitch it for you?" she asked.

"No. I want to get a new set...shall we go tomorrow evening?" he asked. Eunji nodded. She looked around the kitchen to double check whether she finished all works, "Eunji!" he called her. Eunji saw him coming near her as he thinks.

"Did I dance well?" he asked her as he points to the living room.

Eunji got a smile remembering him and Jong Soo dancing, "Dae. You are awesome," she said and showed double thumbs up just like they did before.

Ken chuckled, soon his face changed, "Its strange...really strange...No one has said like this," he said with his head hung low.

"Nicole?" she asked in low voice.

"Nicole...cole...she..." Ken starts to recollect, "I think...I don't remember she appreciating me but...I never care about it...now you are saying...Don't know it is nice," he said and gave a small smile.

Eunji recollect the crowd screaming while Key perform on the stage; took a step closer to Ken, "You are good in everything." Ken was looking at her, "We are always your fans," she said with aegyo voice and Ken chuckled.

Ken looked at her and took both her hand on his, "Thank you!" he said in a soft tone. He felt happy, there is someone to support him and be on his side, he needed that always because as of him remembered, always he heard him as an orphan, not much friends, no one on his side but now he has few people who show him love and support. Both were looking at each other, and felt happy but both got jolt up when they heard commedes barking in sleep. They got realized that they are holding each other’s hands, so quickly moved away and Eunji turned to other side to hide her smile.

Next day after picking up Eunji and Jong Soo, Ken went to the shopping mall to get new sets of casual wear for him. As they were looking around the shop, Jong Soo spotted a blue family holiday night wear set. He asked Ken to get that for their family. As it is matching set, Eunji said no as because Ken won't like to wear such family thing; she tried to convince Jong Soo but in the end Jong Soo won, Ken said yes to buy that family night wear set. That night after the shower they wore that night wears. Jong Soo asked for a photo with their new family night wear set; Eunji liked it, and it gave a feeling of a family but slightly worried about Ken and how he will take this. Ken looked casual, he didn't think or said anything about it until Jong Soo spoke.

"Photos looks good, Appa" Jong Soo said to Ken as he sees the newly taken photo in their family night wear as a family. Ken nodded with a smile as he sees Jong Soo looking at the photos. "Appa..." Jong Soo looked up at Ken, "Taemin Samcheon said eomma and appa wears matching dress in college, is it true?" he asked. Ken don't know but he said yes as a reply.

While they were talking Eunji entered the room and called Jong Soo, "Aegi...its time to sleep," she said. Jong Soo showed pout face but Ken told him to go with his eomma as he looks sleepy.

After Eunji and Jong Soo left, Ken started looking at the photos in his mobile; a smile formed on his face as he sees Jong Soo's photos, there were many photos which was taken when Mrs.&Mr.Kim visited them. As he saw their photos, Ken started recollecting how he felt happy when he receives Mrs.Kim's motherly love. He always wants to feel such love as he was often addressed as an orphan now he got Mrs.Kim's love. Even though he still didn't accept her as his mother, he still wants her love. He then kept his mobile aside and took Kibum's old album which Eunji gave him long back. As he recollects the story which Eunji said, he started relating it with the photos. Ken saw Kibum with his two friends and Onew hyung and in next few photos Taemin was present, then in next few photos Kibum was with Eunji and her friends - like Eunji said they all have visited an amusement park.

"Everything matches with the photos," Ken said to himself as he sees the photos. Like Jong Soo said in many photos Eunji and Kibum was in matching outfits; anyone can spot them as a couple. Ken recalls for what reason he asked Eunji about her and Kibum, 'Looks like I match well with Kibum, my style, my habits...then am I Kibum?' he thought.

Ken thought for moment as he stands before Eunji's room and then knocked the door. Eunji's eyes went wide when she saw him, "Is there any problem?" Eunji asked in panic. She then looked at the time piece; it is already past 12 AM, "Are you fine?" she asked.

"Eunji...no...no problem...I just..." he showed Kibum's album he was holding, "looking after these photos...we haven't spoke about it for long time...can we?" he asked.

"Now?" Ken nodded.

"I'm sorry..." Ken said as he looks at her, "I want to know how it all happened." he said and showed few photos.

Eunji felt so sleepy but still she decided to talk because she wants him to know everything, it is her only hope.

--FLASHBACK--

Suho saw Eunji walking inside the campus, he walked towards her with a smile to join her but stopped when he saw the black benz car behind her giving horn sound to her. The smile formed on his face got disappeared when he saw a hand from the car waved at her, it is none other than Key's hand. Eunji looked at Key and gave a small wave at him, then the car accelerated more and moved away. Suho got silence as he sees it.

Meeting that was conducted by Jonghyun in the music club regarding his new songs got over, "Jjong!" Key popped his head inside the room and walked in. Eunji looked at him and gave a smile as a greet; he did the same to her.

"Let's go...come..." Key pulled Jonghyun. Eunji can hear her junior girls giggling and getting shy for Key in the room.

"Key Sunbaenim is handsome today" they heard a junior girl shy voice when Key was about to go out. Key looked back hearing it and gave a tender smile to those junior girls and walked out. Eunji and Key had eye contact for a second before he goes out.

"Key Sunbaenim is hot and handsome..."

"I want to go out with him..."

"I don't know who is that lucky girl..."

Eunji heard her junior girls talking as she arranges the song paper which Jonghyun gave her, 'He already has a girlfriend, girls...sorry for u all...' she thought and hides her smile.

"Did you hear about his performance?" a junior girl asked the other one.

'Performance?' Eunji started listening carefully.

"Dae I heard..." another girl said in excited tone, "In his first year he did...Sunbaenim looked cool in his performance..." she said and got excited.

"Taeyeon Sunbaenim asked him to do a performance..." the first girl said.

"But Sunbaenim didn't perform last year...no one knows the reason why?" other girl said in disappointed tone.

'Last year?' Eunji thought.

"I hope Sunbaenim does a performance this year...I want to see him dancing and singing..." the junior girls spoke and walk out.

'Is Key Sunbae a member in music club? Then why...?' Eunji was thinking about Key.

"Eunji..." Suho tapped on Eunji's shoulder, "Where is your concentration?" he asked her after she comes to her conscious. Eunji came to gym but without starting her workout, she was thinking holding her jumping rope.

"Sunbae...I..." Eunji stopped and shook her head.

"Wae? You..." Suho asked.

"Ani...it is about Key Sunbae"

Suho's heart dropped down and his smile disappeared as soon as he heard his name; he recollects the incident Key waving his hand at Eunji. "Key? Why are you thinking about him?" he asked in a low voice.

"Did Key Sunbae have done any performance in his first year?" she asked him. Suho can see curiosity in her eyes, he nodded his head as a reply. "Oh when?" she asked in curious tone.

"In his first year. Taeyeon sunbaenim asked him to do in our campus cultural programme," he said as he tries to look normal; hide the fact that it is not a topic he likes to talk with her.

"Oh how was his performance?" she asked with much more curiosity.

"Good. Everyone liked it."

"Sunbae, where can I see his performance?" she asked.

Suho wants to drop the topic, but Eunji was so curious in it, "In our official website..." he said in low voice and looked at her for her reason; she looks curious and eager to watch the video soon.

Before she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter