Chapter -19

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*/ A Long chapter ahead /*

 

‘Eomma, will it melt now?’

 

‘Aniyo...it will be fine’

 

Ken saw Eunji and Jong Soo talking with each other peeping their heads into the refrigerator when he came out of his room after he got up that morning.

 

“What are you both doing there?” Ken asked. His voice gave jolted up to both and Eunji quickly closed the refrigerator.

 

“Nothing” Mom and Son shrugged their shoulders together. Before he could talk next, “Your coffee” Eunji gave his coffee.

 

Even after he got his coffee, he didn't go back to his room, stood there, and looked at mom, son and refrigerator. “What are you both looking inside?” Ken asked.

 

Both mom and son looked at each other with wide eyes, “Ani...we need to... go for grocery shopping today...so checking it” Eunji said with hesitation and Jong Soo nodded at his appa. Ken was not satisfied with their answer but still walked back to his room after giving a curt nod at them.

 

Ken came out of his room after getting ready; he stopped his way to the kitchen when he saw Eunji and Jong Soo standing near the dining table showing their backs.

 

“What are you both doing? It all looks strange today” He sounds a little frustrated.

 

“Saeng il chuck ha ham ni da” Eunji and Jong Soo turned around as they sang; Eunji was holding a toy story theme cake in her hand. Ken’s eyes went wide in shock; it took a few seconds for him to realize that it must be Kibum’s birthday today.

 

“Saeung il chuk ha ham ni da

Saeung il chuck ha bam ni da

Sarang ha naun -”

 

Eunji stopped for a second as she didn't know what to say but quickly followed Jong Soo and said ‘appa’ for which Ken chuckled.

 

“Appa

Saeng il chuck ha ham ni da” they finished singing and stood before him.

 

“Saeng il chuck ha hae yo, appa” Jong Soo said and opened his hand up to Ken asking him to carry him in his arms. Ken lifted him with a wide smile and then Jong Soo kissed Ken’s cheeks.

 

“Today it...” Eunji started.

 

“I got it” Ken interrupted and smiled at her.

 

“Saeng il chuck ha hae yo,” Eunji said with a smile and showed him the cake she was holding. Ken didn’t stop her when she wished him; he liked to see her happy face.

 

“Appa, wait” Jong Soo got down from his hand and ran into the room while Eunji kept the cake on the living room table and waited for him.

 

“Halmeoni...appa came” Jong Soo came back with Eunji’s mobile.

 

‘Saeng il chuck ha hae yo, Bummie’ Mrs.Kim said with watery eyes.

 

‘Saeng il chuck ha hae yo, Kibum-ah,' Mr.Kim said with a smile.

 

Ken felt happy about their birthday wishes, he knows that it is not the day he usually celebrates his birthday. As an orphan, he was said that he didn't know his real birthday but celebrated the day when he was found in that orphanage as his birthday. Anyway, all these days he never celebrated his real birthday, even today he is not sure but he felt happy; he still didn’t accept that he is Kibum but he allows them to do all these things now as it makes both sides happy. It was usually Amber who was the only one to celebrate his birthday after she came to know his so-called birth date; Nicole always forgot his birthday. After seeing Amber’s gift or wishes, she gets remember of Ken’s birthday and prepares for any small celebration which will be so formal.

 

“Appa cut the cake!” Jong Soo’s voice made him come back to his senses.

 

“Thanks all” Ken said with a smile and got the knife from Jong Soo. Ken saw the cake, which is Ken’s favorite toy story theme, he looked up at Eunji but she tried to avoid eye contact with him and he smiled at her before cutting the cake. As everyone sings his birthday song, Ken cuts the cake and gives the first piece to Jong Soo.

 

“Eomma, Appa...it is for you both..." Ken next showed a big piece of cake to the mobile screen.

 

“I will eat for them, Appa,” Jong Soo said, and before Eunji could stop he grabbed Ken's hand and ate the cake.

 

‘Next, give to Eunji' Mrs.Kim said to Ken. Jong Soo was looking at them curiously, “Should I give the whole cake to her?” Ken teased Eunji, for which she playfully hit him. As both looked at each other with a smile, Ken fed her a cake piece.

 

“Saeng il chuck ha hae yo” Eunji said in a low voice with a smile.

 

“Gomawo” he replied and smiled. They broke their eye lock when they heard a doorbell.

 

‘Now it's gift time, go and open the door Kibum-ah' Mr.Kim said. Ken opened the door while Jong Soo followed them carrying the mobile. A man was standing when Ken opened the door, “Sengshin chukahamnida, sir!” he said and gave a small black gift box to Ken.

 

‘Open it, Bummie' Mrs.Kim said with a wide smile.

 

“A car key?” Ken looked at them.

 

Both nodded at him with a wide smile, ‘Go downstairs’ Mr.Kim said.

 

Ken and Eunji's eyes went wide when they saw Mr.Kim's gift - it is a Mercedes AMT GT 63 S in matte black, a new car.

 

“Appa, is it for me?” Ken asked Mr.Kim after he got the mobile from Jong Soo in surprise.

 

‘Yeah... it's for you...is it not cool?’ Mr.Kim asked with a wide smile.

 

“It's cool...wow...thank you...” Ken jumped in joy while Eunji and Mrs.&Mr.Kim were looking at him. “Let's go for a ride!” Ken said to Eunji.

 

‘Dae...take her for a ride...enjoy the day, Kibum-ah' Mrs.Kim said and greeted him once again before disconnecting the call.

 

“Wow... it's nice...isn't it, Jong Soo-ah?” Ken said while he drives the car.

 

“Dae... It's cool appa” Jong Soo said in the same excitement as Ken.

 

“Better than eomma's old car, right?” Ken asked Jong Soo as he looked at him through the rear mirror.

 

“Yah...” Eunji, who was sitting in the front seat, hit Ken's hand playfully. Ken chuckled.

 

“Dae appa...this is best...eomma’s car is an old car, appa,” Jong Soo said. Ken started laughing for his reply.

 

“Yah you too...till yesterday you both used my car, remember?” Eunji said in a loud voice.

 

“Who wants your car anymore?” Ken asked. Eunji looked at them with a pout face, “Jong Soo-ah, appa will drop your school in this new car from today” Ken said to Jong Soo.

 

“Really, appa?” Jong Soo asked in excitement; Ken nodded at him through the rear mirror, “Wow new car” Jong Soo got excited. Eunji looked at both with a pout face.

 

“Then what about me? Who will drop me in the office?” Eunji asked Ken.

 

“You go in your old car,” Ken said nonchalantly.

 

“Yah...then am I not allowed in this car?” Eunji asked in a loud voice.

 

“Yes!” Ken nodded his head, suppressing his laugh.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Because it's my car, Abeoji got it for me...not for you,” Ken said. Eunji's eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Then, I'm getting down” Eunji tried to open the door as the car was moving on the road.

 

“Yah...yah...stop...” Ken stopped her as he grabbed her hand; “I was just joking...” he said and pulled her hand towards him. There was a silence, Ken saw through his peripheral view that Eunji was looking at him so he turned to her, still, she was looking at him with a small smile on her face. Ken nodded up his face at her to know the reason, Eunji's eyes moved to his hand which was still holding her hand; Ken bit his lips to hide his smile. He didn't make any effort to remove his hand but Eunji slowly removed her hand from his; both got a small smile on their face.

Naeun was waiting for Eunji and Key at the office entrance; her eyes went wide when she saw Eunji getting down from a brand new car.

 

​​​“Key Oppa...” Naeun came running to them, “Wow new car...” She exclaimed.

 

“Abeoji gifted it to me for my birthday!” Ken said with a proud smile.

 

“Wow...nice...huh Oppa, Saeng il chuck ha hae...” Naeun gave a flower bouquet to him. As Ken spoke about his birthday, she wished him for his birthday leaving her hesitant that she had a few seconds before; understanding that he liked the birthday celebration and didn't stop them saying that he is Key.

 

When Ken went to the office, Taemin had arranged a small birthday celebration with his staff members and Soyou called him to wish. Onew and Minho has come to Seoul to celebrate his birthday. Evening they gathered together for dinner.

 

“After a long time...” Onew let out a sigh, “dinner together,” he said.

 

“Yah...no drinks...I didn't say Eunji, Okay?” Ken said as he looked at the menu.

 

“Do you ask Eunji for permission to drink?” Minho moved his eyes from the menu to Ken.

 

“Ani...I didn't inform her...Jong Soo-ah is there…So we discuss beforehand” Ken replied as his eyes were on the menu.

 

“It's okay...just for today,” Onew said.

 

“Aniyo...you guys drink...I don't need” Ken replied.

 

“Hyung, are you scared of Eunji?” Taemin asked with a smile. Ken lifted his head and saw the other three were looking at him.

 

“I'm not but Eunji...” Ken started to explain.

 

“What, Eunji, Eunji...always Eunji, Eunji...” Minho said in a frustrated tone, “It's your birthday...we came for you...do for us...” he shouted.

 

“Yah...Eunji...” Minho dropped his shoulder in disappointment, “She won't like it...Jong Soo-ah will be there...Eunji doesn't want us to drink because of him...and Eunji will be waiting...I don't want to make Eunji wait...Eunji...” Onew and Taemin started laughing while Minho gave a sharp stare at Ken so he stopped his explanation.

 

“You still haven't changed...always Eunji...Eunji...” Onew said and laughed with the boys. Ken got shy thinking he said the name Eunji a lot.

 

“Hyung, remember we caught their relationship on hyung's birthday,” Taemin said to Minho.

 

“Yeah right...he didn't even tell us about their relationship...” Minho said with his wide eyes.

 

“Really?” Ken now got curious.

 

“He brought her to our room...remember?” Onew said, pointing to Ken.

 

“Yeah Hyung...for his birthday celebration, only with her” Taemin complained. Ken chuckled. Their orders were served and they started serving each other.

 

“How did...all these happen?” Ken asked with hesitation as they eat.

 

“Hyung... Like this only we asked you about your relationship with Eunji...” Taemin said.

 

“I thought he was flirting with Eunji...didn't think he would be in a relationship with her” Minho said.

 

“Yah...tell me...how?” Ken shouted in curiosity.

 

“After what, Hyung?” Taemin asked with his mouth full.

 

“After you made Naeun-ah cry,” Ken said. As soon as he said those words, Onew and Minho started laughing at Taemin who is now still in his position. It was the biggest mistake he ever made because still today he has her to apologize to Naeun, as she used to mention that incident till today.

 

Ken, who didn't understand, looked at them in confusion, “After proposing Eunji...” he said to grab their attention. Again boys started laughing at Taemin who let out a sigh and shook his head. It took a long time for Taemin and Naeun to start their skinship as he wants it to happen naturally but Key proposed to Eunji with a kiss, so it is always a topic for boys to tease Taemin.

 

“Yah...wae? Tell me why you are all laughing?” Ken shouted at them in frustration. Minho shook his head and started telling him how he got caught with Eunji.

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

Key was sitting with the boys in the living room checking his mobile while Minho and Taemin were playing a video game and Onew was doing his project work and Jonghyun was helping him with his papers.

 

“Do you all have any plans for this coming Saturday?” Key asked without moving his eyes from his mobile. No one listened to his words, “Yah...I'm asking you all” Key shouted.

 

“I have my project work...still want to get some information so I'm going to the college library,” Onew said as he checked his books.

 

“I'm in charge of this week's practice session for my juniors,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Then let's go together to college” Onew said to Jonghyun, he nodded back at him.

 

“Minho, you?” Key asked Minho, who was still playing his games without getting distracted.

 

“Did you forget I can't go anywhere, I have my training session” Minho replied.

 

“My eomma has called me home, so this weekend I'm going home... Does anyone need anything?” Taemin asked as he looked at everyone.

 

“Chicken!” Onew lifted his face with a wide smile and said. Taemin chuckled.

 

“Yeah...bring some food from your home...I miss home food” Jonghyun said.

 

“Arasseo...I will tell Eomma to prepare food for us” Taemin said and turned back to the game. Key was just listening to their conversation.

 

“Why do you ask about our plans? Do you have any?” Jonghyun asked Key.

 

Key thought for a moment, “Dae... I'm going out with my school friends” he said.

 

“Oh then everyone has plans...so let's do cleaning work next weekend, right?” Onew asked.

 

“Dae” everyone nodded as they did their work. After a few seconds, Key got up and walked to his room.

 

“Do you think he believed our words?” Minho stopped playing and asked in a low voice looking at all.

 

“I think so...” Jonghyun said in a low voice.

 

“Why do his school friends call him?” Onew asked.

 

“Hyung, maybe to celebrate his birthday as a surprise,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Okay then after he comes back, let's give him our surprise,” Minho said.

 

“As per our plan, all should leave in the morning and come back after he goes out,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Then Taeminnie, you go and get the cake, okay?” Minho said to Taemin.

 

“Okay Hyung. Will Seohyun noona and Soyou noona come together?” Taemin asked.

 

“Dae...they will come with decorations,” Jonghyun said.

 

“Is Naeun-ah coming?” Onew asked Taemin.

 

“Dae Hyung, I told her our plan for a surprise birthday party...” Everyone's eyebrows furrowed, “I can't hide anything from her...now only we got back together...” Taemin said and showed his puppy face to all. His hyung chuckled, “I'm sure she won't tell to anybody” he added next.

 

“Yes, I think she didn't say that to anyone because Bomi could have spoken with me if she knew,” Minho said.

 

“Then let's make this party a successful one,” Onew said, lifting his hands. Others nodded as they lifted their hands.

 

Saturday morning as per their plan all were going out. It was Key's birthday, all were pretending like they forgot his birthday. Like every year Key didn't get a birthday surprise party at midnight but he didn't bother this time because he wanted to spend it with Eunji. Last night he planned with Eunji to go out; like everyone else he also got ready and went out to meet Eunji. Onew and others, who were waiting in the car parking till Key went out in his car, went upstairs to do decorations. Seohyun and Soyou with Bomi who caught Naeun on her way to the boys’ place join her to join the boys to celebrate Key's birthday.

 

Eunji was sitting at a corner table and waiting in a cafe for Key; he walked in with a wide smile and sat opposite her. Both had a wide smile on their face, looking at each other.

 

“Eunji”, “Sunbae” both called each other at the same time.

 

“You go first,” Key said.

 

Eunji thought for a moment, “Close your eyes, Sunbae” she said.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Close your eyes” she ordered him.

 

Key giggled and closed his eyes; “Now you can open Sunbae” he opened his eyes when he heard Eunji's words. Key started laughing seeing Eunji with a cupcake,

 

“Saeung il chuk ha ham ni da

Saeung il chuck ha bam ni da

Saranghaneun Sunbaenim

Saeng il chuck ha ham ni da” she sang a birthday song for him.

 

“How do you know?” Key asked.

 

“Just like that, I know...” Eunji replied.

 

“I thought you don't know it's my birthday so I thought to say to you when I meet, to see your reaction,” he said with a slight pout face.

 

“Oh, Sunbae...” Eunji cupped her face, “Is it your birthday? Ah...why didn't you tell me before...” Eunji said with a pout face, “Ottukae...Now I don't know what to do...” she acted shocked. Key started laughing out loud, “Yah...” He playfully pushed her hand.

 

“Cut the cake, Sunbae,” Eunji said. Key nodded and cut the cupcake into two halves and they fed each other. Then Eunji put her hand inside her sling bag and was acting as if she was searching.

 

“What are you searching for?” he asked as he tried to look at the bag but Eunji slightly turned away with a shy smile, “Should I close my eyes again?” he asked and closed his eyes.

 

“Here”

 

Key opened his eyes again after hearing Eunji's voice; he saw a small handmade card for him. With a wide smile, he opened it and chuckled at it.

 

‘Dear Key Sunbae,

 

The day I met you, nothing was good between us.

Love at first sight, No, it is not at all.

But my love for you gradually formed.

Don’t know when but I started falling for you.

 

Today I feel wonderful to be with you.

Among the few good things that I have ever done in my life, falling in love with you was the best in them.

 

You are the sweetest, craziest and funniest person I know; I look forward to every moment of my life with you and making it a memorable one for us.

 

Wishing you the happiest birthday with all my warm love, hugs, and kisses.

 

Happy Birthday Key Sunbae

- Eunji'

 

Key got shy and covered his face for a moment, and with a wide smile, he looked at her, “Letter...I'm touched... I like it...” Eunji smiled at him, “But you still didn't wish for my birthday?” Key said. Eunji got confused.

 

“Sunbae...I sang a birthday song...” Eunji said as she got straightened up.

 

“But you said with hugs and kisses...” He pointed those words in the card; “I didn't get any hugs or kisses” he said and smiled, “Should I start first?” He said and tried to grab her hand.

 

“Aish...Sunbae...” She pushed his hand, “Stop it...” She said and pushed him back.

 

“But no one is watching us...” He tried to move forward.

 

“Sunbae...” Eunji said in a loud voice.

 

“Arrasseo...” Key leaned back and smiled at her, “Thank you...I like it all...” He said.

 

“So, what shall we do next? Any plans?” She asked.

 

“I thought of going for a movie”

 

“Movie? There will be a crowd...” Eunji said with a pout face.

 

“Then do you want to be like...you and me?” Key pointed to himself and her. Eunji didn't reply but got a shy smile, Key thought for a moment and grabbed her hand, “Come with me” he said and they walked out together.

 

Minho and others were preparing for Key's birthday and all panicked when they heard the door opening. Understanding that Key has come back soon all tried to hide themselves to give him a surprise.

 

Taemin and Naeun were hiding together with the cake while Seohyun and Soyou stopped cooking and hid in the kitchen. Bomi and Minho were hiding behind the curtain while Onew and Jonghyun were behind the door to switch on the lights at the right time. Minho sighed to all others to be silent when they heard a girl's voice with Key, so everyone waited to know who it was. Purposefully they have closed all windows and curtains to make the room dark.

 

“Sunbae, why did we come here now?” Eunji asked Key as they stood in the hallway. Everyone was shocked by Eunji’s voice but remained silent. Soyou wanted to go out but Seohyun stopped her.

 

“Let's watch the movie here...just you and me,” Key said, holding her hands. They were clueless that everyone was hiding and watching them.

 

“But what if...someone...”

 

“Those traitors have gone out...” Key interrupted her. Minho twisted his fits for his words but Bomi warned him to be silent.

 

“Sunbae...they are your friends,” Eunji said after she playfully hit his hand.

 

“Friends? They all forgot my birthday” Taemin was about to get up but Naeun stopped him.

 

“No one wished you?” Eunji asked with perfect O lips.

 

“No one...” Key pulled her close and said in aegyo, “All forgot my birthday” he hugged her. Everyone's eyes went wide but still waited for the right time to show up at them. “Only you wished for my birthday,” he said after pulling away from the hug with a pout face.

 

“Maybe they planned a surprise...”

 

“Huh...I don't want any surprise...I want to be with you...” He again interrupted her and cupped her face to move close for a kiss. But he stopped when lights got switched on, both got jolt up and all gathered in the living room.

 

“Yah...what are you all doing here...” Key shouted at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter