Chapter - 9

Come Back To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ken woke up with a heavy hang over; he pulled the nearby pillow closer and hugged it. After a moment he realized that he was on the bed in his room, quickly he opened his eyes and got up. He shook his head and tries to remember how he came back last night but all he remembers was drinking with the guys. Quickly looked around for his mobile and then searched in his bag which he used yesterday. Mobile phone already got switched off.

"Oh my god...Nicole..." he quickly gave life to his drained battery. Like he expected there were more than 50 messages from Nicole. He immediately called her, no response for the first two calls, on the third call she picks up.

'Are you done with your family trip, Mr.Kibum?' Nicole asked in a cold tone as soon as she picks up the phone.

Ken knew that she would will angry on him, so he tried to be calm before he starts talking, "Cole, I'm Sorry..." he said.

'Why are you saying sorry for your family trip, Mr.Kibum?'

"Nicole..." Ken sound annoyed for calling him as Kibum sarcastically.

'What? I'm saying the truth' she said.

"I'm sorry for not contacting you...I was so drunk with the boys yesterday."

'So you got new friends...Nice...You were enjoying with them...went out...drinking...Enjoy well...Don't think about me.'

"No, listen to me."

'What to listen? You got changed...you are not listening to me...You are making me cry...you hate me...' she accused him.

"No..." Ken stopped as she interrupted him.

'Yes...as they were rich and big, you wanted to live there as their own son, Mr.Kibum?’

Nicole calls him as Kibum, irked Ken but still tries to be calm, “It's not like that, Cole...” he started.

‘Yes...you can tell me directly that you don't want me anymore...you forgot me...You are cheating me,' she interrupted him and keeps on accusing him.

Ken lost his cool as soon as he heard the word cheating, "Stop it Nicole...stop accusing me all the time...why can’t you understand me? I helped you to go back home and I'm listening to you all the times but still you are not satisfied and keep on doubting me? Do you really love me? I doubt that now..." he said in angry and disconnected the call without even hearing her reply. He even switched off his mobile, sat on the bed holding his hair and trying to be calm. 

After few minutes he opened the door to know what is happening outside. It was silent, with careful steps he came out of the room and peaked to the couch, Eunji was sleeping. Ken thought for a moment, he doubt whether she heard him shouting at Nicole over the phone. ‘If she knows that I fought with Cole, she may take advantage... Did she hear me?’ he thought. To check that he kept loud step as he walks around the couch but she was still sleeping, little snoring too. Ken went to the kitchen to grab something to eat; he saw Eunji has already prepared his breakfast. Now she knows that he eats salads and fruits with hot coffee.
'She would have prepared and slept off here' he, thought and got a smile as he sees her preparation. Silently he ate his breakfast as he was hungry and after leaving a note on the center table he went out for a walk to make him calm.

When he came back, Eunji and Jong Soo were eating breakfast. He joins them in the table and also apologized to them when Jong Soo expressed his worried as he was not there when Jong Soo woke up. That whole day Ken spends time with Jong Soo playing and drawing. Eunji realized he looked upset and didn’t use his mobile all through the day, wonders whether it is because of Nicole but she hesitates to ask him.

A week has already passed with Ken being silent and  without his mobile. After a week, Eunji heard Ken talking to Nicole in his room but it was different than usual, he replied her all in one word. In following days, there was a change in Ken's behaviour. He started with a new routine; he started helping Jong Soo to get ready for his school, evening took him to nearby park to play football which was gifted by Hayoung, he accepts Eunji's lunch preparation, spoke with Mrs.Kim over the phone - it was better, formal and in good tone. Eunji felt happy that he was not so very cold towards her like before and his usage of his mobile got reduced.

That day morning Eunji woke up by noise from the living room; it was not her usual time. She woke little late and saw Jong Soo was not next to her - got panic. She walked out to see what is happening, she saw Jong Soo and Ken was doing something in their balcony with their plant pots. She got surprised when she saw them planting new plant saplings.

"Eomma, you woke up..." Jong Soo called out in bright tone as he was holding a plant sapling.

"Good Morning!!" Ken looked for Jong Soo's voice and greeted her with a smile.

"Good Morning..." Eunji's eyes quickly got grabbed her attention on the new saplings and got remember Ken getting back home with big paper bag last night, "What are you both doing?" she asked in hesitation.

"Huh...these pots were empty so I thought...new plants will be good..." he stopped when he saw Eunji were still looking at the saplings without any reaction, "It is all herbs, lemons...we can use for cooking" he tried to reason out, "Are you not happy?" he said in worried tone.

"Aniyo" Eunji shook her head with a smile, and that brought down Ken's shoulder in relax, “Do you need any help?" she asked.

"No no...Jong Soo-ah is helping me a lot," Ken said as he points the boy.

"Okay then let me..." Eunji stopped when Ken interrupted her as she walks towards the kitchen.

"Jong Soo drank his milk...and I got my coffee..." Ken pointed his coffee mug, "Your coffee is there near the burners, get it," he said.

"You prepared coffee?" Eunji asked with wide eyes.

"Yes...reheat it if you want...prepare the breakfast without any hurry...we have a lot of work..." Ken said pointing the empty pots and Jong Soo nodded her with a smile.

Eunji nodded and sat down on the couch with her coffee looking at them. Ken and Jong Soo were busy planting the saplings. Eunji's heart felt light when she sees Ken holds Jong Soo's hand and teaches him how to use a shovel, they both were full of smiles and Ken encourage and appreciate Jong Soo for his work. In the end she got watery eyes.

"Breakfast is ready!!!" Eunji declared when the boys came back after cleaning up.

"We are hungry, eomma" Jong Soo said as he rubs his small tummy.

"Then let’s eat quickly" Ken said as he helps him to sit in the chair and started feeding him the decorated pancakes which Eunji prepared for him. As he eats, Jong Soo was telling Eunji what all Ken taught him about plants.

"So what do you want for lunch, aegi?" Eunji asked Jong Soo after he finishes eating.

Jong Soo thought for a moment and said, "White sauce Pasta...” he said in low voice. Ken chuckled when he saw Eunji getting a pout face for Jong Soo's reply.

"Why? You don’t like pasta?" Ken asked.

"Its not like that..." Eunji looked down, "I’m not good about making it," she said.

Ken giggled, "Okay then I prepare lunch today," he said.

"Really?" Eunji looked up.

"Yes, I will...its weekend so, I will prepare."

"Its okay I will..."

"Aniyo eomma, let appa prepare pasta" Jong Soo interrupted her, "Last time it was not good," he said.

Ken again giggled for Eunji's pout face, "But eomma cooks other food deliciously, Jong Soo-ah," Ken said. Eunji bit her lips to hide her smile; it was first time Ken has given her a good compliment. Ken nodded at her to affirmative his sentence, "I will prepare lunch and you learn it," he said. Eunji showed double thumbs up.
As they were talking, Ken's mobile ringed and he walked to his room; Eunji got nervous and worried whether it is Nicole.

"Dae Soyou-ah..." As soon as Eunji heard that name, she let a sigh in relief.

"Oh reached the place..."

"Good"

"Me too. Miss you," he said to Soyou over the phone and looked at Eunji who now turned to Jong Soo, acted like she didn't hear him. A smile formed on Ken's face before disconnecting the call.

"It is Soyou-ah...she has gone to Japan," Ken said and looked for her reaction. She just nodded as she helps Jong Soo to drink water.

"Why do you get that face when you hear Soyou?" Ken asked as he giggles.

"No not like that..." she said and bit her lips to hide her smile.

"You don't like her?" Jong Soo looked at his eomma for the reply.

"Its not like I don’t like her. Its about not to infer betw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter