BBQ Time

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

Byul arrives at the BBQ area.  It was a slightly secluded rental camping area in a slightly woody area. She parked her car in the parking lot, signing in relief when she noticed there’s not a lot of cars around.

She got out and opened the back door, grabbing a couple bags of fruits and drinks she bought for the outing. 

“YOU’RE HERE!,” someone screamed as she steps foot into the area they rented.

She noticed there’s a grill already being used and the smell of meat premiate the air. 

She chuckle silently as she sees Hyejin with her hair tied up, standing there grilling meat like it’s her only joy in life. 

A few chairs, as well as a low table and a picnic mat already laid out, completing the setup. Whee-in layed on the mat but got up upon seeing her.

“Annyeong,” she bows to them in greeting as she sets the bags down,

Whee-in bows to her while Hyejin simply wave, not taking her eyes off the meat.

“Unnie, what did you bring?” Whee-in snoops through the bags as she asks, 

“Ah just some fruits and drinks, Yongsun-unnie is not here yet?” 

“No, she’s here but had to use the restroom.”

“Ah, are there any plates?  I’ll cut of the fruits,”

“Unnie, you already brought us so much food.  I can do it!” 

Wheein jumps up and get to get a knife and some plates, 

“It’s fine, I want to help,” 

Byul took out a few tangerines and starts peeling them, 

That's the scene Yongusn came back to after the bathroom break: Hyejin grilling meat, Wheein and Byul sitting on the mat peeling and cutting up fruits, in awkward silence, as they’re all shy and don't know what to say.

Byul looks up when she heard someone coming, and when she noticed it was Yongsun, she, without thinking, jumps to her feet and ran to her and pulled her into a hug, 

“Unnie! You’re here!”

“OMO Byul-ah, let go can’t breath”

“Sorry,” she mutters and release yongsun from her hug, only to grab her wrist and drags the leader down to the mat.  In a blink of an eye, she placed a tangerine in Yongsun’s hand and told her to peel them,

Yongsun blinks at the tangerine in her hand, “woah, I just got here and you’re making me work,”

Byul tease back, “You have to earn your keep around here,”

“I set up the place,” was the reply and even though she said that, she starts to help with the fruits, 

“I didn’t see it so it doesn't count,”

Yongsun threw the tangerine peel at Byul’s head instead of replying.  She should have known though, Byul will retaliate. And retaliate she did.  She picks up some more peel and threw it at Yongsun.  Who picked it back up and threw it back at Byul. 

“...Unnies..” Wheein tried to get their attention, but at this point, they were too busy silently throwing tangerine peels back and forth. 

“Um unnie? Sunbae?”

Tangerine peels now flying back and forth, and they’re still not even looking at each other.  Just sitting there peeling faster and faster for more ammunition.  

Their speed and power starts to increase until Yongsun threw one too hard and it flew to Hyejin, landing right on the grill, on top of a big piece of steak.

“YAH! UNNIE!” The maknae screams, grabbing the peel up with the tongs and glaring at them.

Byul and Yongsun frooze.  Yongusn knows Hyejin's wrath and it comes to food.  Even though Byul doesn't, she picks it up fast. 

“So-sorry Hyejin-shi. Won’t happen again!” 

“Yeah sorry Hyejin-ah”

She continues glaring at them until Wheein snort loudly, highly amused at her two unnie sitting there like little kids being scolded by their maknae mother.

Yongsun threw a peel at Wheein, 

“Jin-ah!” Wheein pouts at her best friend and points at Yongsun, and in a childish voice, “she threw it at me!” 

Hyejin sighs, “Just...don't do anything.. Let me grill my meat in peace, please”

“Ugh boooorrrriiinnnggg” Wheein complains, laying down on the mat, and then blush when she heard Byul chuckles.  

“You're cute Wheeinie”

“I’m not cute” she cutely reply, then looks at Byul, “You’re cute too unnie,”

“Eeyyy, i’m not cute” Byul also cutely complains, 

“You are unnie,”

“You are too Wheeinnie”

“You’re cuter,”

“You are,”

“No, you -”

“Both of you are the same level of cuteness, okay? Now shut up.” Yongsun butts in, slight annoyance in her tone.

Byul smiles and leans into Yongsun shoulder, wrapping her arms around the older girl, 

“Don’t worry unnie, you’re still the cutest!” and pinch her cheek,

“AISH!” Yongsun push the girl off her but not able to hide her slight blush or smile.

“I wanna hug unnie too!” Whee-in shouts and jumps onto Yongsun, Hyejin looks over and notice and not wanting to be left out of a dog pile, briefly abandon her meat, ran oer, and jump on to of the two of them, while screaming “DOG PILE”

“AAAKKK  AH”

“OMG YOU TWO GET OFF ME!” 

“I LOVE YOU UNNIE” Hyejin yells from the top, pushing her body weight down more, 

“YAHH”

Byul can’t help but laugh at the ridiculousness of what she’s saying.  She truly gets why Mamamoo is named Beagle-Idols now. 

She snap a quick picture.  She debated with herself for a bit if she should post it on her Insta, before deciding to do so, knowing it’ll make the fans happy since she rarely posts about her life, but also it’ll help with solidifying future collabs.  

So she post it with the caption, “I finally understand.” 

Finally, Hyejin got off and ran back to her meat, and Wheein also got up and decides to bother Hyejin instead, leaving just Byul and Yongsun on the mat.

“You okay there?”

“No, I'm dead.”

“Woah a talking corpse! Must be my lucky day,”

“Yah, are you saying I look like a corpse?”

“If all corpse look like you, I’d be a grave digger,”

“SERIOUSLY?! How can you get a line out of a corpse? You’re insane.”

“You’d make a really cute ghost,”

Yongsun sat up, raising her hand in a threatening way, and Byul laughs and pretends to be scare, 

“Shut up and help me cut these fruits.  Ugh why did you have to bring so much,”

“I bought them for you and you’re complaining?” Byul pretends to be hurt with her hand over her chest, “I’m hurt unnie!”

“You should have bought less! You already bought all the meat,”

“You know what they say, vitamins help you grow, and stay fresh, and you’re going to need it Unnie,”

“Are you calling me short and old?”

“You said it, not me,”

Yongsun gently set the apple she was cutting down and stood up.  She glance down at Byul, and in a deadly tone, command, “Come here,”

Byul frantically shook her head, “No-no thank you, i’m good here.”

“No, I insist, come here,”

“No, really, I’m good here,” she awkwardly pat the spot next to her, “very soft patch of grass here” 

Yongsun an eyebrow.

“May-maybe unnie should sit down too?”

“Are you saying i’m too old to stand?”

“No?”

“Is that a question?”

“Yes?”

“So you are saying I'm too old to stand?”

“No?”

“Come here.”

“Uhhh..”

“Come here Byul-ah”

The younger girl pouts and sadly and slowly crawl her way over, like she’s heading to her death.

Once she was close enough, Yongsun leans down and pull her up by her ear, 

“Ow ow ow ow unnie unnie my ear, I’m sorry I won’t call you old anymore!” 

“Good! HMP!” Yongsun throw the poor girl away and sat back down to continue cutting the apple.

Byul laid on the floor rubbing her ear, but being the person she is, she just had to say, “You’re strong for your age unnie,”

However, this time, Byul was expecting it and just as Yongsun lunge at her, she grabs her arms around the body and pulls them both down to the ground, with the older one on top, head inches away from each other, 

“Hi!” Byul whisper cheekily while smiling cutely at her, 

Yongsun was helpless as she gaze into the depth of Byul’s eyes, “Hi,” she whispers back.

“Do you think they’ll notice us if we leave?” Wheein asks as they maknaes witness the whole event,

“Please, aliens can come down from the sky right now and they wouldn’t notice.”

“Wanna bet on when they’ll get together?”

“No way, I’m sure they’ll be together by the end of the day”

“Hell no Hyejinnie, they’ll be too busy fighting over who gets to ask each other out first that they won't even be dating.  They’ll just randomly announce they got married one day and THEN will fight over who asked who first while recounting the story”

“Fine then, bet in 1 month, they’ll be officially dating,”

“Deal”

The Maknaes shook hands and looks back to see their unnie is now on top of Byul.

“Oh lord,” Hyejin mumbles, already stress with just one day with them, 

“I’m hunngggrrrryyyyy~ When can i eat?” Wheein pouts and batted her eyelash at her friend, 

“YAH UNNIES! STOP TANGO-ING! FOOD IS READY AND WHEEIN IS HUNGRY!”

Yongsun scrambles off Byul upon hearing Hyejin yelling at them, her face flush red in embarrassment. 

“Deh, let’s go Byul-ah,” SHe help the younger girl up, whose face was also super red.

After that, they spent the rest of the afternoon eating and chatting, getting to know each other, especially after Byul told them she’ll be doing collabs with them more in the future.

They spent so much time just sitting and chatting and eating, that before they know it, the sky starts to get darker.

“Omo, what time is it?” Yongsun asks, looking around for her phone.

The whole time they been here, they left their phone away, wanting to just enjoy each other’s company without phones.  So when Yongsun turns on her phone to check the time, she sees a million messages from her friends, cowkers, and family members, all of them asking something about an Insta Post.

She immediately checks her personal Instagram and sees it’s been flooded.  After scrolling for a bit trying to figure it out, she finally saw the picture Byul posted. 

“My phone is blowing up cuz of you,” Yongsun shove her phone to byul’s face, showing her messages and the picture Byul posted.

“Weh?  What happen?” Wheein asks in concern, thinking it’s something bad, 

Yongsun turns and show Wheein and Hyejin the picture Byul posted of them in a dog pile.

Wheein laughs loudly, “That’s a good picture Byulyi-unnie!”

“Oh, maybe we can take one with all four of us and we can all post?” Hyejin suggests to which the other three agree to.

They snap a few selfies with cute poses, but also, they’re not Mamamoo for nothing, so they drag an unwilling sunbae to snap a few crazy shot with them as well.

“Don't worry unnie, hang out with us a few more time and you’ll be crazy too,” Hyejin said as she scroll through the pictures, debating which one to post.

Byul on the other hand, already decided on the one where she had her hand over Yongsun’s face, pushing her away, Wheein flailing, in the process of falling, and Hyejin who already fell and only her leg up is seen. So essentially, only Byul’s face is seen smiling and posing properly.

She caption it with, “Safe and sound.” 

They decide to clean up and head home as the sun already set when they were too busy taking pictures.

“We should do this again sometime,” Byul said while packing up, 

“Yeah, it was fun unnie! We’re on break now, hopefully soon?” Wheein answer and looks at her hopefully,

 Byul smiles and pat her head, “You have my number now, hit me up anytime”

Wheein gave a wide smile and pulled her in for a bear hug, and whispered in her ear, “If you hurt Yongsun unnie, I will skin you and chop you to pieces while you're still alive.”

Wheein pulled away as if she didn’t just threaten her, and ran to help Hyejin.

“You okay Byul-ah?” 

Byul shook herself out of her shook, “Deh, just Wheein is really something else haha” she nervously chuckles, 

“...okay?”

“It’s nothing to worry about Yong,”

“Okay, text me when you're home?”

“Will do!” Byul smile and salute her.

With that, both girls went their separate way, Byul to her car and Yongsun to her car with the girls. All four girls drove home, unaware of the mass uproar and confusion they’ve caused due to their Insta post with each other.