Mango Juice

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

Moonbyul walks out of the cafe after her interview with a camera man following her and smiles at Yongsun,

“Shall we go?”

“Mm, which is your car?”

Moonbyul points to the Benz,

“I thought you would have a smaller car.”

“Let me guess, Sport car?”

Solar blush, “that obvious?”

“It's just everyone thinks that. Sport car are so inconvenient though.” Moonbyul reply while opening the door for Solar.

Yongsun blush at the unexpected gesture, “Thank you, and why?”

Moonbyul got in the car and unlinked her bluetooth, “you play music unnie”

“aniyooo that's embarrassing,”

“weeh?”

“aish, music tell a lot about a person. Let's just talk. Why dont you like sport car?”

“I want to get to know you more,” she reply, unaware of the greasiness of what she just said,

Solar opened but no words came out, just shocked,

Moonbyul, unaware, glanced over, “unnie?”

“Aish, how can you say things like that so calmly?”

“Like what?”

“Nevermind” the older girl wave away, as if that'll clear her mind, “sport car! Why dont you like them?”

“They're so low on the ground. How do you see anything? And on some sloppy roads, it scrapes against the ground,”

“But it's fast, dont you have fantasy of driving really really fast?”

“unnie, where in Seoul would the road be empty enough to drive fast? Besides, I have a motorcycle.”

“...what?” Solar looks over at the younger girl, trying to process what she just said.

Moonbyul nod, “Yeah, I have a motorcycle license and a bike at home”

“Oh wow um that's very..”Solar is speechless, no doubt imagining that.

Moonbyul took note of her reaction. Really, it's a similar reaction that everyone makes when they find out.

Taking pity on her, she asks back, “What about you unnie? Do you drive?

“I have a license but I dont drive. My manager or sister takes me where I need to go.”

“You have a sister?”

“Mhm, my unnie. She's a few years older.”

“Does she have a beautiful voice like yours?”

Yongsun blinks then, “Yaaah!” she yelled out to cover her blush.

“weh?”

“Are you hitting on my sister?”

“Aniyo! I'm not!”

“wow you really are greasy,” Yongsun jokingly reply but a bit of jealousy did creep into her tone.

However, Moonbyul mistook that for annoyance and quietly apologize, thinking she messed up, “sorry...”

Yongsun frown, not meaning to bring the mood down, “I didn't mean it in a bad way Byul-ah. I think it's sweet, cringy but sweet.”

Moonbyul simply shrug, one of her hand coming down to rub her thigh. Yongsun mentally berate herself for causing the younger girl to retreat.

“She doesn't”

Moonbyul glance over at her passenger, but not saying anything.

“My sister, she can't sing to save her life. She sounds like a dying frog performing an exorcism.”

Moonbyul smiles at that unexpected analogy, “that's oddly specific unnie. I'm sure it's not that bad.”

“Oh no, you'll understand when you hear her sing. Her saving grace is her face. Well that and her brain.”

“Ah,” Moonbyul reply, not exactly sure how to react. She's aware that siblings have some love hate dynamics, but as a single child, she doesn't have any experience.

“To be honest, I didn't know I can actually sing,”

“Jincha?”

“Yeah, I joined a singing contest to win a rice cooker. That wasn't even the grand price. The rice cooker was 5th place. I thought my singing is okay enough for a 5th place price since there wasn't a lot of people competing.”

“You were street casted?”

“Yeah,”

“the world is lucky then. I can't imagine a world without your voice on the radio.”

“woah,” Solar airily laugh, “it's just natural to you isn't it?”

“what is?”

“Your..lines.” She was going to say greasy but didn't want to risk Moonbyul retreating again, “i can see why you're such a great songwriter.”

“I'm not that good,” Moonbyul bashfully reply, “i just got lucky,”

“for 9 years? I dont think so. You're good Byul-ah.”

Moonbyul blushes, “I like when you call me that.”

“What? Byul-ah?”

“...yeah”

“ah, good to know.” Solar blush, not even aware she shorten the name.

“We're here!” Byul exclaims as she park in front of a kind of shady building. She must have seen Solar's face because she laugh, “I know it looks bad, but this is one of those hole in the wall place. Only insiders knows, trust me.”

“I trust you.” Solar unconsciously reply.

“Come on!!” She excitedly said, basically bouncing off the car,

“This place must be really good huh?” Solar laughed as she got off as well,

The moment Solar got off, Moonbyul was there to close the door. She grab Solar's hand without realizing it and essentially dragged her in.

“Hi Ajumma!”

The middle age woman peaked out from behind the kitchen, “Oh! Byul-yi! Welcome back.”

She notice the blushing girl being hand held behind her loyal customer, “Byul-yi! You didn't tell me you have a girlfriend!”

Solar blush even more while Moonbyul blinked a few times before realizing she's holding Solar's hand.

“a-ah,” she retracted her hand, and bow, “Sorry unnie!”

Yong-sun shook her head, 'It's fine Byul-ah.”

“Aish you kids are cute, go on, sit, i'll get you something. And for the camera mens as well” The owner shoo them to a table and went back to her kitchen,

“Eh, but we didn't order yet?”

Moonbyul walked over to a table and pull a chair out for Solar, “Ajumma is really good at knowing what to make for each person, trust her.”

Solar blush at the action, while also aware that for the most part Moonbyul does these very gentlewoman action unconsciously.

“You and Ajumma seems close?”

“Deh, when I first arrived in Seoul with my teacher, well he's my CEO now, but back then, we stayed at a motel across the street. We went here for some drinks and Ajumma was very suspicious of our relationship. She pulled me to the bathroom to ask if I needed help.”

“That's very kind of her,”

Moonbyul laugh, “yeah, she didn't believe me when I said there's nothing to worry about. She demanded we come here every day so she can check on me.”

Just then, she came out with the drinks and set them down, “You should have seen this one back then. She was super small, super skinny, looks like she been kidnap, barely speaks, always looking at the floor, what was I suppose to think? Here – you need this right now, and for you,” she turn to Solar, “this is my special mango juice blend.”

“Thanks Ajumma, put all these on my card please”

“Of course kid! You think i'll charge your girlfriend?”

Moonbyul blushes, “she's not my girlfriend..”

“right sorry, I meant your wife” then she winks at the camera,

“AISH AJUMMA”

“Don't mind me kids, enjoy your date” she head back to the kitchen,

Moonbyul shy looks at Solar, “Don't mind her, she likes making fun of me too much,” she pouts,

“No I think it's cute, she cares for you a lot,” taking a ship of her Mango juice, she immediately looks at the younger girl in wonder, “This is amazing!”

“I know right? Ajumma just knows what we need. It's creepy.”

Solar took a few big gulp, “Omo we have to come back. I have to take Hyejin and Wheein here. Omo, this is delicious.”

The solo artist sips on her drink while smiling the cuteness happening in front of her,

“Byul-ah”

“deh?”

“This. is. so. Good.” She trust the cup to Buyl, “try some”

Byul blush and slowly leans over and took a sip from the same straw, “Hm, really good!”

“Do you want to try mine?” Moonbyul pushes her drink to Solar as she asks,

“Yes please!” After taking a sip, “It's good but..what is it?”

“I dont know” Moonbyul confess, laughing, “Ajumma secret? I really like the mango juice.”

ring ring

“oh, that's my phone” Solar said, looking through her bag and pulling out her phone, “Sorry, it's my manager,” she gesture,

Moonbyul wave her to go ahead, knowing how work is,

“Deh unnie? …. ah deh …. aniyo we're at a different location…. deh … I don't know …. i'll ask,”

Solar looks her the purple hair girl, “I'm sorry to ask this of you, but do you think you can take me back to my company? It's fine if not! I can -”

“Yeah, I can take you unnie!”

“Thank you,” Yongsun smiles gratefully, then to her manager on the phone, “She said okay …. deh …. yeah okay … okay bye.”

“Sorry, I actually had some recording. The producer said it was only going to be a short shoot today, I don't think they anticipate us going off on our own. Not that i'm blaming you! I'm having a great time and lost track of time”

Moonbyul, seeing Solar fluster, made a joke to ease her worry, “It's the secret mango juice unnie”

Standing up, Moonbyul extended her hand, “let's go? Dont want you to be late.”

“Deh,” she blush as she allow the younger girl to pull her up.

“We're actually close to my house, if it's okay with everyone, I can drop you two,” Moonbyul looks at the camera men, “off at my place and get you a taxi back to your company. Then we -” here Moonbyul looks to Solar, “ we can take my bike, it'll be a lot faster to get through traffic.”

Solar bit her lip, really wanting to do this, but not sure what the crew wants.

The two camera men looked at each other. Even though they're supposed to be filming the 'couple', technically, they were supposed to be off already, and are just working over time since Moonbyul and Solar unexpected wanted to extend the first meeting. After a few seconds, they nod to Moonbyul, agreeing to her plan.

“Yay!” Moonbyul exclaims childishly, “let go Unnie!”


AUTHOR NOTE -  Mango juice reference ;) things are starting to settle at work with the new temporary schedule until the new hires are properly trained.  Still lots of overtime hour, but it's not as crazy now.

I am now off to work, i wanted to upload before i leave, otherwise i might be too tired after work haha

As always, thank you so much your support! It means a lot! It crazy to think about, that poeple from all over the world is reading my thoughts, and liking it?!? mindblowing

I wish you a fantstic day/night whereever and whenever youre seeing this ~