Teasing their Leader

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

Breakfast was a subdue affair by all accounts. But it’s not subdue out of sadness, rather, a quiet sort of buzzing anticipating.  Soon, they’ll be out of the camera and can meet up and talk freely. And so, they maneuver around the kitchen calmly, ate their breakfast in silence and before they know it, the crew members are letting them know that filming is done for this week. 

In the chaos of the crew members all moving about inside the house, taking the cameras off, Yongsun and Byul-yi stood in the front lawn, away from all the movement.

“I feel like it’s been years but it was just yesterday,” Yongsun comment, referring to their easness around each other, 

Byul nods in understanding.

Yongsun looks at all the meat and food Byul bought for her members that the crew is helping load into her manager’s van, and decides to extend the invitations.

“You know, with all the food, you should come over sometime this week, we’ll have a BBQ, and you can meet Wheein and Hyejin properly this time.” 

She laughs, remembering the glitter, “I think I'll spend the rest of my life getting rid of those glitter.”

“UGH RIGHT? That’s why I banned them!’ Yongsun shook her head in frustration before refocusing, “when will you be free?”

“I’m free all the time.  Just let me know in advance, otherwise I’ll be in a different city for inspiration.”

“Okay, we’ll let you know,”

They both turned their heads when they heard someone yelling Yongsun’s name.

“Guess that’s my cue..” Yongsun whispers, quite sad that she have to go.

Byul shocks her by pulling her into a hug and subtly placing a light kiss on her cheek as she whispers, “until next time Yong,”

“So greasy,”

“You love it,” Byul teases as she pulls away, but her hands still lingering.

“YONGSUN-SHI, WE HAVE TO GO NOW”

“You should go before your manager gets angry,” 

“Text me once you're home?” 

“Of course,” Byul promise as she watches Yong smiles and walks away.

Inside the safety of her car, Byul breathed out, letting the stress of the past day out. She fully intends to go to her studio and start writing these songs.

On the other hand, in Yongsun’s car, she’s not so lucky for some peace and quiet as she’s getting teased by her manager. 

“You and MoonByul-shi huh?” 

“What about us?” 

“Nooottthiiinggg”... just thinks you two are very sweet together.  And she bought food for the kids, they’ll love her.”

“Unnie! Did you know they would be here yesterday?” Yongsun grilled her manager, 

“No, they got permission straight from the production crew.” 

“Aish, those kids!”

“Ah, I’m jealous! Young love! You kids grow up so fast!” 

“UNNIEEE” 

“When’s the wedding?”

“Ask the crew,”

“No Yongsun-ah, I mean the REAL wedding.” 

“WE JUST MET!” 

Her answer was meet with silence.  For Yongsun, she’s thinking her manager is finally letting up on the teasing but in reality, her manager is shocked.  She was just teasing the idol.  A normal response would be “we’re not in love” or “this is just for show”.  To say “we just met” implies that Yongsun and MoonByul have something real going on, something they want to explore first then marriage. The manager frowns, making a mental note to talk to MoonByul’s CEO and her CEO as well, because this realness can destroy both of their careers.

“Unnie, why are you frowning so intensely?”

“Nothing Yongsun-shi, just remember something I have to do for work.”

“Oh...anything I can help with?” Yongsun offers, wanting to help ease her workload.

The manager internally chuckle as she thought to herself, ‘you can help by not falling in love’  but she only voiced out a “no, I got it, thank you.” 

The remainder of the ride was in silence as her manager plans on how to proceed with this new information, while Yongsun was too busy thinking about the past day to care.

Upon arriving back at her studio, Byul did as promise and texted Yongsun, 

[from Wife ✌️:  Back at the studio *attached selfie*]

Yongsun smiles widely upon receiving the text, prompting her manager to asks, “Good news?” 

“Ah, no unnie, just Byul,” Yongson replies distractedly as she text back,

[to Wife ✌️: so fast! what you working on?]

[from Wife ✌️: Secret~~]

[to Wife ✌️: new album? 🙏] 

[from Wife ✌️: Secret ~ Secret ~ shh] 

“We’re here” her manager announce, breaking Yongsun her out of little texting world.  She looks up and see that she’s at Hyejin house.

“Unnie?” 

“The kids demanded to see you, and I figured with all these food, we mind as well stop by and drop it off.” 

Yongsun whines, “Unnie! Weh? They’re gonna tease me all day!”

The manager laughs, “Come on Yongsun-ah, I promise I’ll make up some excuse to pull you out if it gets too much.”

Knowing she can’t win, she slowly got out, basically sliding out the car like a child.

“UNNNIIIEEEE!!” Wheein yelled from the window, manically waving like that haven't just seen each other yesterday. Hyejin, upon hearing her unnie is here, shoved her face to the window as well.

“COME DOWN AND HELP!” Yongsun yells back, 

“DON'T WANNA” Hyejin yells back 

“BYUL BOUGHT YOU TWO LOTS OF BEEF!” 

“COMING!!!!!” Hyejin, ever the lover of meat, quickly got up, pushing poor Wheein out of the way, and ran out to help.

“OMO! That’s a lot!” The maknae commented upon seeing the bags upon bags of really good Korean Beef.

Quickly, she grabbed a few bags, heading back to the house. 

After a few trips back and forth with all of them, finally, they finish bringing in all the food.

“I think we have enough to open a business,” Wheein said, shocked at all the food.

Hyejin spins around and glare at her, “Don’t you dare! I’ll eat it all if you weaklings can’t handle it!” 

Wheein made a shocked back as she whispered dramatically, “Weaklings?!” 

“Kids, please don't fight, I just got back.” Yongsun implosres, too tired to deal with them.  In hindsight, she should have let them fight so she can sneak out and not get teased. 

Her comment reminded the younger girls of exactly where, or rather, who, she just got back from. 

“Unnnniiieeee” Wheein starts, acting cute, “Do you have her number yeeeettt?” 

“AAAHHHH Don't do that!” 

Unfortunately for her, Heyjin took this time to grab her phone out of her back pocket, and shoved it front of YongSun's face, thus unlocking the phone with face recognition. 

“GIVE IT BACK!” 

Hyejin laughs and ran away as Wheein hug her unnie in an attempt hold her in place.

“YOU SAVED HER AS WIFE???”

“WHAT?” Wheein yells, throwing Yongsun to the side like she’s nothing, and ran to Hyejin to see.

“Text her text her!”

Yongsun got up and ran to them, trying to get her phone back.  They laughed and ran away to the other side of the room, while trying to text Byul. 

[to Wife ✌️: Hi Sunbaenim! Thanks for the bewwhslkfhsdfh] 

It was in that moment that Yongsun jumped around the table and tackle them down to the floor, wrestling her phone back from them. 

“OOOWW!” 

“MY PHOOONNNEEEE!” 

“UNNIE GET OFF!” 

“YOU'RE SQUISHING ME HYEJIN AH!” 

“GIRLS!!!” The manager yelled, getting their attention, “maybe you girls should put the food away first before you kill each other?”

Hyejin, who happened to be on top of Wheein and undeather Yongsun, shoved her unnie off her and ran to her beef.

Wheein slowly got up while Yongsun laid on the floor, sad that her phone now had a cracked screen.

“Sorry Unnie..” Wheein apologized, not meaning to break her phone.

“It’ll be fine Wheein-ah, I can get the screen fixed.” Yongsun comforted the young girl, not wanting her to feel guilty.

At the moment, her phone beep. 

[From Wife ✌️: Hi? Are you okay?] 

[To Wife ✌️: Yeah, sorry that was Hyejin.  She was too excited.]

“Call her unnie,” Wheein said as she continues to looks at the texts, 

“Weh??” 

“So we can thank her!” 

“She’s shy”

“We just want to say thank you,” 

“Fine...but I need to warn her first.” 

Wheein nod, fine with that proposal, 

"calling Wife ✌️" 

"Yong!" Byul greeted her happily, 

"Byu-ah, Hyejin and Wheein wanted to call and say thanks" 

"Oh..sure, are they there?"  

"One second" 

Yongsun pass the phone to Wheein first, who tried to be polite and professional, "Moonbyul Sunbaenim, it’s Wheein.  Thank you for your gifts!  We'll eat it well." 

"Ah Wheein-shi, please, you can drop the sunbaenim!" Byul replies, "I hope it’s enough?" 

"Oh Deh it’s more than enough Sunbe-ah..MoonByul unnie?" she questions, not quite sure how to address her, 

Byul laughs, "Yeah, unnie works!" 

"Deh, and sorry about the glitter thing…" Wheein shyly apologize, feeling horrible at what happened, 

"Oh no, I should be sorry, I made it awkward.." 

"Aniyo unnie! We showed up out of the blue! Then we glitter bomb you! That was so rude of us."

"You two were just being supportive, and looking back, it’s a great prank.  I do admit, I agree with Yongsun-unnie about the ban on glitter though" Byul jokes, not at all comfortable with the direction the phone call was going.  She wanted to bring it back to something lighthearted.

Wheein understands what she’s trying to do and smiles sadly.  Wheein resolves to try to get closer to the senior. 

"Deh, no glitter bombing you or unnie. Got it!" 

Wheein looks over and see Hyejin motioning to talk, 

"Hyejin wants to thank you too! I’m passing the phone to her now" Wheein said, wanting to give her sunbaenim a head’s up.

"Hello Moonbyul Sunbaenim! I’m Ahn Hyejin.  Thank you for the beef! That’s what i wanted to text before getting tackled to the floor by Yongsun unnie." 

Yongsun, who was standing next to Hyejin helping to put the meat away, yelled into the phone, "SHE STOLE MY PHONE FIRST!" 

“AISH UNNIE MY EAR!” 

Byul’s laughter rang through the line, "You're welcome Hyejin-shi! And please, drop the Sunbaenim, just unnie is fine." 

"Deh unnie, thanks again!  We’ll be eating well before our comeback thanks to you!"
 

“Yah!” Yongsun yells, pushing Hyejin, “That’s supposed to be a secret!” 

“Oh oops, sorry..” 

"PRETEND YOU DIDN'T HEAR BYUL-AH!" 

“UNNIE MY EAR! AISH, I'm turning on speaker!” 

"When are you guys having a comeback?  It’ll be cool if we promote at around the same time?" 

The three Mamamoo members looked at their manager, who shook her head and mouthed that they needed company permission to reveal that.

"Ah, we need to talk to our company first…" Hyejin replied quietly, sad that she can’t tell MoonByul that.  She also thinks it’ll be fun if they promote together.

"Ah right, I forgot…"

"Byul-ah!" Yongsun suddenly called, "Are you free the day after tomorrow? We can have the BBQ tomorrow if that works for you?" 

"Yeah! Just text me when and where!" 

"Of course.  Talk later?  Gotta continue to put all your gifts away…"

"Are you complaining?" Byul tease the older girl, 

"ANIYO UNNIE!  WE LOVE YOUR GIFTS! DON'T LISTEN TO YONGSUN UNNIE!  SHE DOESN’T THINK BEFORE SPEAKING!" Hyejin yells from her spot, 

"I’m glad Hyejin-shi, see you guys soon?" 

"Deh! BYE UNNIE" Hyejin and Wheein yelled as Yongsun turns off the phone.

She decides to text a quick message,

[To Wife ✌️: Sorry about them, they’re a bit crazy.]

[From Wife ✌️: It’s all good, they’re fun! Go! Have fun with them!] 

[To Wife ✌️: okay, good luck in the studio]

Yongsun puts her phone away and turns to the kids, how are both standing there with their arms crossed.

“What?” 

“BBQ?” 

“Coming over?” 

“There’s a lot of food! I invited her over for BBQ and to properly meet you two.” 

“Omo!” Wheein leans into her other half and stage whispers, “‘properly meet’ us, it’s getting serious!” 

“YAH! I CAN HEAR YOU!” 

“We’ll be on our best behaviour unnie!!” Hyejin teases.

“You two! Unnie!” Yongsun turns to her manager, “get me out of here!” 

Their manager, who ended up doing most of the putting food away since the three of them were too busy annoying each other, nods but also teasingly replied, “Sure sure, let's get you home before you lose your voice. How’s your ear Hyejin?” 

The maknae pretends to be deaf, snapping her finger next to her ear, “ah ah ah, unnie, I think i’m done for!” 

Yongsun scrunch up her face and took a deep breath, “Lord give me strength..wait no! Don't give me strength, i’ll just kill them, no Lord, give me patience.” 

The three laughs at Yongsun before their manager took pity, “Let’s go Yongsun,”