To Change To Grow

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

After a lot of screaming and running for her life, Yongsun was finally tired enough to stop chasing Byul.  

“I’ve ran more since meeting you than i’ve ever ran outside of exercising.” Yongsun gasps out as she lays tired and beats on the grass.

Byul opens to reply but got shushed, 

 “Shush you, i’m too tired to listen,” 

The younger girl closed .  She sat down on the grass cross leg, with one of her elbows on her knee, head resting on her fist.

In the darkness with only a small dim light from the house, and the moon shining down on them, Byul thought Yongsun looks magnificent laying there on the grass.  Her Solar personality gone, her idol image shed - the image of being perfect - here in this moment, she’s messy and tired with hair splay all around her and so so beautiful.

She wasn't even thinking about getting her camera to capture this, because to get her camera would mean to look away.  And she can’t look away. Not from this. Not from her. 

In that moment, she remembers something Sook-unnie once said to her.  She told Byul that she wears her heart on her sleeve, she puts everything into what she does, and that includes putting her all into love. Sook-unnie warns her that she’s going to get hurt, warns her to be careful, to protect her precious heart. 

Perhaps at that time, she was afraid. But to love, even if you're not loved, to allow yourself to love, isn’t that the most beautiful part of being human? Byul never thought about love, not like this.  She understands the concept of it, and can write songs about it, but this, to know, to feel it bumping through her veins, is something else entirely.

Love, like all other emotions, is not static.  It is ever evolving, changing with time and experiences. So yes, she might get hurt in the future, or she might be the one doing the hurting, but fear never stopped her before, so why should it do so now?

Beneath the stars, Byul made a silent promise to herself - that love is worth it. Even if it’s painful after, to feel like this, uninhibitedly, is worth it.  

‘And I believe, I am strong enough to stand back up.’ she thought to herself. 

So lost in her thought, she doesn't see Yongsun looking at her.

Yongsun, who already knows she’s done for, already admits that this is way too deep way too fast, but never one to shy away from emotions. Yongsun loved before, dated before even.  She has a feeling Byul has never been in love, or dated anyone, but no doubt, many people, not the fans, but people who know her and are her friends, for sure they loved, loves, will love her. 

She wonders if anyone has ever seen Byul like this.  A star sitting beneath the vastness of the universe, looking to be at complete peace, like everything is where it’s meant to be. There’s a calmness to Byul that she feels privileged to be bearing witness to.  Selfishly, she hopes no one else sees it. 

Since she was looking, she notice when Byul’s thoughts start coming back to the present.  

“What were you thinking about?” Yongsun whispers, afraid to talk louder as if it’ll break this peace.

“Kintsugi.” 

“Kintsugi?”

Byul smiles a secret smiles, and whispers reverently as if what she say will change everything, “Worthy of love anyway,”

Yongsun doesn't quite understand, but she feels it, a promise, of what, she’s not sure, but like the sun rise and set, she feels Byul’s promise pressing and settling into her, making a home in her soul.

“Let’s go inside?” Yongsun whispers to her, the airiness in her breath carries her own promise as she answers that promise with her own.

Byul nods and they both slowly stood up, like both didn’t want to move too fast to disrupt this...reverence of each other, and slowly made their way indoor.

Once inside, it was like a switch had gone off, and both reached an unsaid agreement that what happened out there, that’s for the stars, for the universe to bear. Here, in this structure full of cameras, they’ll play around and give the audience some fun.

“Unnie, I go first!” She loudly said, running to the bathroom to wash up, 

“Aish, this girl…” the older one just shook her head as she head to her luggage to take out her necessities and pajamas.

As Yongsun sat down and open her luggage, she heard Byul walking back.  Giving herself an amused smile, she tease, “forgot something?” 

“Not cool unnie..” 

“Yah, you're the one that took off, don't blame me,” 

Compare to Yongsun, Byul barely bought anything.  She just bought a travel duffle bag with her.

“That’s all you bought?” Yongsun asks upon seeing her duffle bag, 

“Deh, we’re only here for one night unnie, you look like we’re planning on moving in,”

Yongsun blush, “Well, I didn't know what we were going to do, so i had to prepare for all scenarios! Beside, my sister did the packing” she lay the blame on her sister.

Byul looks straight into a camera and said in a childish tone, “Yongsun unnie’s unnie, she’s blaming you!” 

“She did pack for me!” Yongsun yells indignantly, then looking straight into the camera, she implores, “she did do the packing..” 

Byul took this time to pick up her duffle bag and head to the bathroom, leaving Yongsun there dumbfounded when she noticed what just happened.

Muttering quietly to herself, she continues unpacking her stuff while Byul finishes washing up.

After some time, Byul came out, bareface and still toweling her damp hair, “all yours unnie,” 

Yongsun looks up from her spot on the floor and she stops breathing. Byul with make up on is handsome and charming, but barefaced Byul is damn beautiful. And her wet hair…

‘Breathe Yong, in and out yes that’s it,’ she had to remind herself as she takes in the person standing in front of her.

Byul luckily didn’t notice as she was already walking to the kitchen looking for some water. Yongsun eyes follow her every step of the way.

The freshly showered one took out a water bottle from the refrigerator and drank some.  Yongsun’s eyes drifted from her face to her neck as she gulp down the water.

“Unnie?” Byul calls out when she notice Yongsun hasn’t moved,

Yongsun blinks a few time, coming back to herself.  She swallows, breathlessly whispering “deh” as she robotically stood up and headed to the bathroom.

In the bathroom, the girl had a mental breakdown. 

‘How is she so beautiful? By normal heart, be normal,’ 

She took a long time in the bathroom, mainly to get herself back to normal and also to mentally prepare herself. When she finally walks out of the bathroom and back to her luggage (with dry hair because she didn’t wash it), only to freeze at the sight in front of her.

Byul, for some reason, decided to perch herself on the coffee table like she’s Spiderman while staring intently at a giant vase on the side of the house.  Yongsun brain is unable to comprehend the dichotomy of these sides of Moon Byul Yi.  How is it she can look so handsome, so beautiful, then look like a complete idiot. Okay, Yongsun mended her thought, a beautiful idiot.

“What...are you doing?”

“Debating” was the reply she got, while the girl didn’t even look at her.

“Debating what?” 

“That vase..”

“What about it?” Yongsun asks, starting to feel a bit of dread.  Moon Byul Yi is, for all her genius and maturity with the arts, is actually an extremely chaotic child.  Her fans at her concerts can attest to that.

“Would I fit inside it?”

Yongsun knew it.  And now she’s racking her brain to try to find an answer that will NOT encourage the girl to do something crazy like actually try it.

Before she can answer, Byul jump up, “Imma try it!”

“NO!” Yongsun screams, rushing forward and pulling Byul’s back the by back of her shirt, “you will not! We’re going to sleep now!”

Yongsun drags the younger one to the bedroom and essentially threw her onto the bed.  Byul glares at her and cross her arms, “Unnie is mean,” 

“Sleep.” The older one command while pointing at the pillow.

“Hmp!” Byul huff out but she still listens, dragging herself fully on the bed and childishly turns away, giving Yongsun her back.

Since they’re ‘married’ - the bedroom only have one big bed but in an effort to make it not awkward, the bed is huge, like it’s made for 5 people. 

She turns off the light and layed on the other side of the bed, leaving enough space for three people to fit between her and Byul. This is not to say she doesn’t want to sleep next to her, but she’s afraid of her lack of self control if that was the case, and with the camera (even though the crew say they will turn it off when the couple are sleeping) you can never be too careful.

And so both girls fell asleep on each side of the bed, with both cursing the cameras and yearning to move closer together.

Byul woke up first - she honestly wasn’t able to sleep. She amazed that Yongsun is able to sleep, and she knows Yongsun is sleeping based on how deep and even her breathing are. Byul wonders how any one can sleep knowing there’s a bunch of cameras on them.  Yes, the cameras are off, but the actual presence of the lens looking at her is still there. Yongsun really is something else.

She laid on the bed pretending to sleep as long as she could, before she got bored. She slowly got out of bed, careful not to make a noise and made her way to the kitchen.  There she brew some tea while looking at the clock.  It’s 2:49 in the morning. Still a long time before the sun is up.

Byul decided to take this time to do some writing, so she got her notebook from her bag.  

She poured her tea into a cup and sat down on the floor with her back leaning on the couch as she pulls the coffee table closer to her.  Opening her notebook, she reflects on the night and in the silence, she begins writing - lines, melodies, words here and there - all confusing to anyone else but her.

She writes and writes and writes, filling the pages with scribbles of words and musical notes, all inspired by Yongsun.  So lost in her writing, she didn’t notice that morning had arrived until the sun hit her.  She looks up, blinking slowly as she takes in the new brightness. Byul looks down at her notebook and sees just how much she’s writing in a few hours.  These words and melodies are all different from what she normally does, but she feels that this, after some honing and editing, will become her greatest album yet. 

These are some of the sounds she used to hear, in the ways the wind blows, and the water gushes.  In the way the cars honked and the people yelled.  A cacophony of sounds that annoys anyone that don’t know how to listen.  But she knew. She used to seek those sounds before the industry boxed her into the ‘sellabel’ sounds. Without knowing it, she became stagnant, exploring sounds within a box rather than outside the box. But she was too far out of touch, she couldn’t grasp what her child self used to hear anymore. 

Then comes Yongsun. And Yongsun’s presence pulls the childness back out from inside her, and with the childness comes her first love of music. Sounds. Everyday sounds.

She feels like she’s seeing color again after so long.  She thinks it’s time to start growing again, rather than evolving, because to evolve is to change, but changing is not always growing. And when you're in a box, all you can do is change and never grow.

With that resolution, she stood up to go wake Yongsun up, wanting to have time for some breakfast before they’re due to leave.



AN - been really busy with life, sorry!  And it's hard to write when all the plots and plan flew out the window as i mentioned before, and my brain refuse to work to continues whateever it started previously haha  (what a complicated way of saying writer's block author-nim >.< )