Saturn

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

At a complete surprise to everyone, including her company (we contacted them for a statement, they message us back with question marks and a shrugging emoji),  Moonbyul drops a new song on her youtube channel.  In the description of the video, she wrote:

“How rare and beautiful it is that we even exist. Thank you to my fans for all your support all these years. This song is for you.  I tried to capture my feelings when I looked at you the best I could. I hope you enjoy it. I’m working on something old yet new; I’m really excited for it.  I hope you all will too.”

She released the song free to download for her fans as well.  This song is vastly different from all her previous works.  We’re eagerly anticipating her new direction!  MoonByul Fighting! 

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

 

Byul was sleeping in the studio, having worked all night on the song, inspiration flowing through her.  She arrived at the studio after the shoot by noon, and in less than a day, she had already completed the song and uploaded it to her Youtube.  She dedicated it to her fans, but given the title, she knows it will reach her intended audience.  

Too tired to go home, she’s sleeping on the couch in the studio and that’s how her CEO, Doon, found her.  He, as with everyone else, was shocked when she dropped this new song.  Completely unexpected, and with a completely new sound as well.  He can’t help but wonder if this is something to do with her new variety show. Maybe she got a new perspective on life? Well, whatever it is, it’s causing her to create a beautiful song. 

Seeing her dead asleep to the world, Doon shook his head, knowing she must have worked through the night.  He closed the door and made a note outside the door to not go in.

Doon heads to his office, but as he was walking in the hallway, his secretary ran up to him, 

“What is it?”

“Sajangnim, RBW’s Sajangnim and manager would like to schedule a meeting ASAP.”

Doon looks confused, “Why?”

“It has to do with MoonByul-shi and Solar-Shi and their variety show.” 

Doon mentally curses in his head.  Given the song, the timing of the release, along with her happiness this past week, he had a feeling he knows what they want to talk about. Damn, he’s going to need to talk to her about this. 

“Okay, lets just get this over with, schedule it for this evening,” 

His secretary nod and hurriedly left.

Doon sighs and continues to his office, all the while texting Byul:

[to Byul-Yi: Call me when you’re up, we need to talk] 

He also made a quick call to his friend who happened to work as a crew member on the show. 

"Doon-ah! What’s up?"

"Hey man, I need to ask you some question, is that okay?"

"Ah, about MoonByul-shi and Solar-shi I assume?"

"Yeah, Solar-shi’s company wants a meeting and I have a feeling I know what it’s about. But I need to hear from you." 

"Well, I can’t say why they’re calling a meeting but I can say that those two are made for each other.  You know i’ve worked on this show from the beginning, right? These two are the only ones that’s real.  No one wants to be there, it feels so invasive.  Heck, even our editing team feels bad." 

"Is it really obvious?"

"Yeah..the editing team is doing their best to edit to keep this all underwraps, but...it’s really really hard."

"I see.. Thanks man"

"Doon-ah, don't let that company stop them.  This is real. What they have is as real and as true as the sky is blue."

"...Thank you i’ll keep that in mind, bye" 

Doon hangs up, breathing out a deep breath.  Dang it, of all the females in this world, it just has to be the one she’s fake married to? Sure, he did put her on the show in hopes of it, but honestly, he just wanted her to have some friends. Not bring home an actual wife, and only two weeks in! 

At the same time he’s stressing out, Yongsun is at home listening to the song.

She woke up normally, like every other day when she doesn't have work and went about her morning routine, oblivious to MoonByul's new surprise song. It wasn’t until she went on her phone, something she does while eating breakfast, that she noticed MoonByul is trending. Curious, she clicked in and see that every article is talking about the surprise drop.

Saturn. 

Yongsun immediately thought of their previous night, when Moonbyul compares her to saturn.  Admittedly, she did get her hope up, thinking maybe the song is for her, before squashing it, not wanting to be so..conceited, she supposed. But then she saw the description, and given the title of the song, Yongsun is pretty sure this song is meant for her.

Within the first second of the song, she immediately felt drawn in, as if MoonByul is taking her on a journey.  As the song continues to play, Yongsun feels like she’s experiencing beauty for the first time - as if Moonbyul bottles the sounds of the universe and is playing it for them mere mortals.  The song builds up, and just when Yongsun thought this would be an pure instrumental, MoonByul voice rang out, subtle and low, as if she’s sharing a secret only she knows. (A/N - Saturn by sleeping at last)

Without realising it, tears flow down from her eyes.  By the time the song end, she was crying at the beauty of the song.  If this is how Byul feels looking at her, goodness, how can she ever be worthy of that? 

She took a deep breath and wipe her tears away.  She searched around for her phone to text the other girl.

[To Wife ✌️: Yah, a warning would be nice]

[To Wife ✌️: I’m crying]

[To Wife ✌️: it’s the most beautiful song i’ve ever heard Byul]

[To Wife ✌️: How are you able to..]

[To Wife ✌️:  i can’t even]

[To Wife ✌️: It’s beautiful]

[To Wife ✌️: I hate you]

[To Wife ✌️: I didn’t expect to cry today!]

[To Wife ✌️: You're amazing]

Yongsun thoughts were too jumble to write a coherence text, it was just a string of thoughts all over the place, but she’s sure Byul got it. 

It was about 3pm when Byul woke up only to see strings of new texts from all her peers, friends, and well, pretty much everyone she knows.

Upon seeing her CEO’s text, she calls him,

"Byul-Yi! You’re finally awake! Thank god!" 

"Weh?" she asks sleepily, still not fully awake. 

"I have a meeting with RBW in 2 hours"

Byul immediately sat up in alarm, "Yongsun-unnie’s company? Why?  What do they want?" 

"I’m not quite sure, but I think you can guess.."

Byul stayed silent for a bit, before whispering, "Oppa.."

"They might demand cutting of contact.."

"That’s not fair!"  Byul yells into the phone, angry.

"You know I got your back Byul-yi, but if they ban her from seeing you, you know I can't do anything...she’s their artist."

"That’s not...F***" Byul growls, frustrated.

"We both signed on to do We Got Married.  If they demand we end the program, what do you want to do? Because if we don’t agree to that, you’ll still get to see Yongsun every week."

Byul sigh, "But it’ll put us in a PR nightmare"

She ran a hand through her hair, "Can I come to the meeting?"

"Byul-yi, you’re a bit too invested.."

"Damn right i’m invested! It’s my life!" She roars into the phone, "You don't get to make decisions about MY LIFE WITHOUT ME!" 

"THAT”S WHY I’M ON THE PHONE WITH YOU RIGHT NOW!" Her CEO yells back, as frustrated as her.

Right on time, as if the world is on her side, she received another text from Yongsun:

[From Yong 🪐: here’s the address for the BBQ tomorrow.  We’re thinking of around lunch time? Then hangout afternoon?]

Smiling, Byul calms down and starts to plan.

“Oppa, I’m going to the meeting, I AM a board member of this company” 

He sigh, knowing she’s right, “fine i’ll text you the details,”

“Thank you,” she hung up and immediately dials Yongsun’s number, who picked up on the first ring, 

“Yah!”

Byul huff out a laugh, “That’s how you answer the phone unnie?” 

“I cry because of you!” 

“Sounds like good tears though?” Byul tease, 

“...yes..” 

They stay silent for a bit before Byul shyly asks, “do you..is it okay?” 

“Oh my god Byul, what kind of question is that? I love it! It’s so beautiful, i don't, god-i don't know how you do it” Yongsun gush out her admiration, 

“I have a good muse,” 

“So greasy! But why are you calling?  Not that I don't want you to call!  Because that’s not it!  I do want you to call! But - i’m going to shut up now,” 

Byul had a wide smile on her face as she laid on the couch listening to Yongsun’s rambling, 

“Weh? I like hearing your voice,”

“Then stream mamamoo’s songs,”

“Are you promoting yourself right now?” 

Yongsun gravely reply, as if she’s some master, “Success is about opportunity Byul-ah” 

The younger girl chuckle, “I just wanna talk to you, is that so bad?”

“Are you okay?” Yongsun asks out of the blue, 

“Yeah, why?”

“I don't know..” Yongsun hesitate before continuing, “You sound frustrated?”

Byul paused, shocked that Yongsun was able to pick it up, she’s normally very good at hiding her emotions,

“Byul?”

“Ah, it’s all good unnie, don't worry,”

“You sure?”

Byul shook her head, then remember she can’t see her, “Yeah, just stuck on something,” 

“New lyrics?” she inquired, a bit hopeful, it’s been almost a year since MoonByul last comeback.

“Secret unnie ~ “

“Yah you said that yesterday then dropped a new song the very next day!”

“Yeah! I told you, surprise, didn’t I?” 

“Not even a hint?  Come one Byul-ah, please?” 

“....hmmm...mayyybbeeee” 

“You’re such a tease,”

Byul laughs loudly, “have patience Unnie,” 

She looks at the clock , “I have to go to a meeting, talk to you later?” 

“Okay,” Yongsun sounded a bit sad that they have to hang up so soon, “I’ll be helping you get views on your new song.”

“Thanks?”

“So you should stream Mamamoo’s songs”

“Hahaha like I don't already,”

“You do?”

“Why do you sound so shocked unnie? I love Mamamoo,”

“I’ll quiz you tomorrow, bye! Have fun at the meeting!”

Yongsun hangs up leaving Byul there speechless, “quiz?? And she didn’t even let me say bye” she mutters to herself.

Deciding to mess with her, Byul opens up instagram and filmed a short video of her looking around confused with Good Night by Mamamoo as the BGM.  In the caption, she wrote, “Preparing for a quiz??”.  Without allowing herself to second guess her action, she post the video.  

Within a minute, she received a text from Yongsun

[From Yong 🪐: Don't you have a meeting?]

 

[To Yong 🪐: I didn’t get to say bye :(]

[To Yong 🪐: wait, how did you know?]

[To Yong 🪐: do you have a hidden Insta??]

 

[From Yong 🪐:  Secreeeettt ~ ]

 

[To Yong 🪐: ?!?!?!? share?!??!?]

 

[From Yong 🪐: go to your meeting]

 

[To Yong 🪐: but unnie]

[To Yong 🪐: pleaseee??]

 

[From Yong 🪐: a secret for a secret]

 

[To Yong 🪐: ……….. I hate you]

 

[From Yong 🪐: Guess you'd never know]

 

[To Yong 🪐: Unnnniiiieeee]

 

[From Yong 🪐: Have fun at your meeting!]

 

[To Yong 🪐: Unnniiieeee]

[To Yong 🪐: i wanna knooooww]

[To Yong 🪐: Unnie?]

[To Yong 🪐: Yongsun unnie?]

[To Yong 🪐: Solar unnie?]

[To Yong 🪐: Mamamoo leader unnie?]

[To Yong 🪐: Old unnie?]

[To Yong 🪐: shorter than me unnie?]

 

[From Yong 🪐: YAAAHHH!!!]