Moon and Stars

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

Wow, what a day.  Yongsun felt like it’s been weeks but it was less than a day. 

Finally, they’re done putting all the food away, and now they are about to cook dinner.

“What do you to eat Byul? We have beef, beef, and more beef.” 

“Chicken please!”

“Aish! Go cook some rice!”

“So...no chicken?”

Byul chuckles seeing the glare Yongsun threw her way, ”Okay okay, rice, got it.”

She proceed to look around the kitchen, opening up all the drawers and such, 

“What are you looking for Byul?” 

“A rice cooker,” 

“I don't think there’s any here.”

Byul stood up from her crouch position at one of the drawer and stared inquisitively at Yongsun, “then how can i make rice?” 

The older girl blinks at the question. She suspects Byul is not much of a chef but this has got to be a prank.

“You...don't need a rice cooker.”

“I don’t?” 

Oh boy, this is not a prank.  Moonbyul does not know how to cook rice without a rice cooker. Yongsun doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry.  What kind of Asian…

She mentally took a deep breath, “You can use a pot.  It’ll be the same as a rice cooker, except you have to open and check it.” 

“Huh?” 

Yongsun, who was preparing to cut some onions, gave up.  “Nevermind,” she gave Byul the onions, “I’ll make the rice, you just cut these up okay?”

“How do i do that? I’ve never cut an onion before…” 

“...okay...what can you do?”

“Microwave! And fry eggs!” Byul brightly said as if that’s a huge achievement.  To be honest, she’s quite embarrass she doesn’t know anything and feels horrible because it seems like she’s not trying to help.

“Okay, why dont you fry some eggs.  We’ll eat fried eggs, rice, and beef stew.” 

Byul nods happily, glad she’s able to help. She went to get the eggs while Yongsun made the rice and beef stew.

“Do you cook at home?” Yongsun ask as she rinse the rice, 

“I’m not home often to cook. I normally order food, or go to Sook unnie, ah that’s my CEO’s wife's house.  I’m there quite often actually.” 

“You and your CEO must be really close,”

“Deh,” Moonbyul nods as she starts frying the eggs, “he and his wife are like my uncle and aunt, and their daughter, Hani, she’s like my little sister.” 

“That’s really cute.  Do you have any siblings?  You never talk about your family on TV.”  Yongsun asks while making the stew, forgetting for a bit that there’s cameras all around.

“Ah, I’ll tell you later?” 

Yongsun looks at Byul in confusion but then nod in understanding as Byul’s eyes glace at the cameras.

“I’m done unnie, is there anything else I can help with?” she offers after setting down the place of fried eggs.

Yongsun shook her head no a she focused on the stew.  The younger girl wants to help but didn’t want to get in the way, so she decides to take some pictures of Yongsun cooking from the dining room. 

*snap* 

Yongsun heard the camera clicking as she was tasting the stew, 

“Aish, Byul-ah..” 

“Just ignore me Unnie!” 

“How can I ignore you when you're right there snapping pictures of me!” 

“Don't mind me unnie!”  Byul said loudly as she takes another picture, “I’ll send them to you if you want?” 

Yongsun can only shake her head, knowing she won't be able to stop Byul. 

“I better not see any of those online,” 

“Unnie, no, these are personal” 

So that’s how Yongsun ended up having a photoshoot while cooking dinner.  And in the future, if anyone asks why she has hundreds of pictures of herself cooking, she’ll blame it on Byul.

“Byul-ah, stop taking pictures and help me set the table.” 

“But I’m having fun”  she whine

“Byul-ah…”

Visibly wilting, she sets the camera down and dragging herself over to the kitchen, “okaaay,” 

Finally, the table been set and the two girls sat down to begin eating. 

It is quite domesticated. 

Unconsciously, Yongsun picked up some of the beef and placed them into Byul’s bowl. 

“Ah, unnie, i can get it myself,” 

Yongsun wave her away, “Just eat Byul, you’re barely eating anything.” 

“I don't eat a lot,” 

“I’m beginning to notice..are you on a diet?” she asks the younger girl as she spoon a giant spook fill with rice and beef into , as if to make a point. 

Byul laughed at her antics and shook her head, “aniyo, I just got used to not eating a lot at once.  I snack often though,” 

“Oh, that’s good at least.  I was worry for a bit that you're on a diet, you’re skinny already”

“This is really good unnie!”

“Aw thanks Byul-ah,”

They continue to eat in relative but comfortable silence after that, lost in their own thoughts.

After dinner, they both naturally cleaned up, splitting up the chores without a word - with Byul washing the dishes, and Yongsun drying and putting it away. 

“This is weird,” Yongsun comment in the silence as she dries one of the bowl, “you know what i mean?”

Byul hums in agreement, knowing that she means how easy they move around each other in this house, as if they’ve been living together for ages, “I get you, but I don't mind,” 

“No I don't either, it’s a good weird.” 

They continue in silence for a bit more, then once that was done, Byul looks outside and see it’s already dark out.

“Yong unnie,”

“Hm?” 

Byul opened to say something but then blush and looks away.  Yongsun tilts her head, “what is it Byul-ah?”

Byul stars tapping her thigh, “it’s embarrassing,”

“Weh?”  Yongsun ask gently, seeing her nervousness, 

“I was just wondering…” the younger girl trails off,

“Yes?” 

“Do you want to go outside?”

“Sure!”

“And stargaze? Maybe?” Byul mumbles the 2nd part but luckily (or not for Byul), the Mamamoo member caught it.  Yong smiles at the cute shyness and decided to not tease poor girl.

“I’d love that Moon Byul Yi,” 

Byul smiles widely, “great! Let's grab some blankets!”

They’re now outside in their backyard (also green grass not much decoration to see to Yongsun disappointment) with a big blanket underneath them, and the two are laying side by side gazing the night sky.

“I love this - we don't get to see stars in the city.” 

Byul hums, “Yeah, I love to look at the stars.  If I wasn't a singer, I'd probably be an astronomer...or a policewoman.” 

“That’s two vastly different fields,” Yongsun said, 

“Not really, well, physically yes, but..it’s hard to explain..” 

Yongsun feels her nervousness again and reach to grab Byul’s hand, lacing their fingers together, “try?” 

Byul glance over then back at the sky, “well, police protect people right? I mean there’s bad ones yeah but most are good. People choose to be cops because they want to help, they want to be there for others.  And like stars.. They’re always there you know? Stars, like, even if you can't see it during the day, doesn't mean they’re not there. They’re, both of them, they’re there you know? Like no matter what, they’re...there…” Byul trails off, not sure if she got her point across.

Yongsun looks over to see Byul still gazing up.  She gave the hand she’s holding a small squeeze, “I get you,” 

The younger girl simply squeezed Yongsun’s hand in response.  

After some more silence, with both idols laying next to each other beneath the stars, 

“I use to hate the name Byul-yi” Byul confess, 

The older girl looks over, “Really?”

“Uh huh, yeah, it’s a great word. Stars. But it’s like a nickname you know? Who calls themselves stars? That’s like calling myself Princess. I used to be bully for it.” 

Yongsun looks over and wait until the younger girl looks at her, then, with as much sincerity as possible, Yong said, “Jokes on them. Now you’re a literal star.  A mega super star.” 

Byul laughs, “yeah talk about fulfilling my name sake.”

Yongsun paused for a bit, her mind finally catching on to the name.  She abruptly sat up and looks down at the solo artist who knows exactly what’s coming, “Oh my god unnie no don’t” 

“If you became an astronomer”

“Stooop”

“You’ll be Moon Stars studying the Moon and Stars!! Annyeonghaseyo I’m Moon Star and I study Moon Stars!” 

“Unniiiieee” Byul push the girl who fell down laughing hysterically, her dolphin laughter coming through, 

“Oh my god unnie, it’s not funny..” she whines but Yongsun didn’t hear it over her laughter, 

“Byul-ah Byul-ah, please become an astronomer, please” 

Byul only pouts and cross her hand over her chest, ignoring her unnie who sounds like a bunch of dolphins right now.

“Oh my god,” Yongsun whispers after a while, having finally calmed down, “Oh my god Byul-ah” 

“Done?” 

Yongsun crawls back to her place next to Byul’s and layed on her side, propping her head up  with her hand to look down at the younger girl, “You're still young Byul, you can still - “

Byul pushes her down, knowing what she’s going to say, “Hmp!” 

Yongsun laughs and lay back down, but this time, she’s a lot closer, their arms are practically on top of each other.

“Ow unnie, you're on my arm!”

“Then move it,” 

She listens and moved her arm, draping it over Yongsun’s chest, “Yah!” 

“You told me to move my arm”

Yongsun grabs Byul’s arm and lifted up her own head.  She placed Byul’s arm under her and used her bicep as a pillow, placing her head very close to Byul’s.  Byul looks over and her eyes soften as she bends her arm at her elbow to play with the end of Yong’s hair. 

“Comfy?” Byul whispers, 

“Hm, you're very soft,”

“Wow, I work hard for these muscles and you're saying I’m soft?” 

Yongsun lightly smack her stomach, “what’s your favorite planet?”

“Suddenly?” 

“I wanna know,” 

“What’s yours?” 

“Pluto,”

Byul smirk, not that anyone can see it, and retort, “Because it’s small like you?” 

“YAH!” Yongsun proceeded to pinch Byul’s sides.

“Hhaha unnie it’s true!” 

“AISH!” 

“Besides, you know it’s not a planet anymore right?”

“SHUSH! That never happened!” 

Byul laughs, amuse that Yongsun is one of those people that is still angry over Pluto’s loss of planetary classification.

“Why do you like Pluto though, that’s not one most people like?” 

“It’s just out there, not afraid to do it’s own thing you know?”

“Yeah, that’s why it’s not a planet anymore”

Yongsun pinched her again, “LIES it will always be a planet!” 

“Okay okay i’m sorry,”

“You better be!” 

Byul looks over at her intently, so intently that Yongsun starts to get nervous, “Wh-what is it Byul-ah?” 

“Saturn.” 

“Saturn?” 

“If i had to compare unnie to a planet, it’ll be saturn. The most beautiful one. The one everyone looks to. The one that’s known since ancient times.”

Yongsun blushes, not knowing what to do with that greasy line, “ay yah,” she whispers out shly, gently pushing the young girl. 

Of course, the girl just had to ruin the mood with her humor to hide her embarrassment over the cheesy line, “also one of the gassiest”

“YAAAAHHH!! YOU BRAT!!!”