Aftermath

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

She can’t stop the trembling. Every part of her is shaking, especially her hands. It’s been some time since she left the hotel, and Yongsun thought being outside, away from it all, will help.  She doesn't know where she’s going, but that she needed to get out.

Except, it didn’t help. She can’t help but replay to that fear over and over again.

She did that.  She put that fear there. 

“”  she rub her face, wanting to get rid of the memories, but it lingers.  The blood, the broken ashtray, the fear. All of it.

Yongsun came upon a park asn set down on a bench.  With shaking hands, she pull out her phone to call the one person who been with her since birth, 

“Yongsun-ah! How’s Hong Kong?”

Hearing her mom’s happy voice, not at all angry she went to Hong Kong without telling anyone, finally push her over the edge.

“Omma” she stuttered out, the words choking at .  

“Oh honey, what’s wrong?” 

She spilled everything, from the fishing the previous day, to now, sitting here on this bench crying her heart out.  Her mom listens, giving her time to get it all out.

“Are you angry or are you scared?” her mom asks after a while, “Because fear can manifest itself as anger, but being angry and being scared are two very different things,” 

“I’m - I - I’m scared”

“What are you afraid of?”

Yongsun stuttered out, “We worked so hard to get here, I - I’m afraid that we - that Mamamoo - and my - and Byul - I think I - I really really really like her.“

“Honey, listen to me, I don't know much about this world you’re a part off, and I can’t tell you what to do, but i think you should apologize to Byulyi and listen to her first, let her explain.  You said she told you they already had a talk with your company, so if your company is part of this, then I don't think it’s so bad? But talk to the one person that’s here with you first.”

“God i don't even know if she wants to see me”

“Yongsun, the last thing you should to do is to leave.  Even if she doesn't want to see you or hear your apology, you need to get it out there.  Don’t let it fester.”

“I don't know if I can face her right now,” 

“There are times in life where it matters not what you can do, but what you must do. Yongsun-ah, I know you, you will regret it if you leave now. Don’t do that to yourself, or to her.” 

Yongsun sighs, tired and drain, but she knows her mother is right, “You're right, you’re right,”

“I - thanks Omma”

“Kim Yong Sun - Hwaiting!” 

“Thanks Omma, tell Appa and unnie I said hi,” 

She hung up the phone, feeling a bit better after her talk. Her finger opened up her and Byul’s text messages, she smile, rereading their exchanges, trying to gather the courage to go back.

Her walk back to the hotel took a while, considering she never been to Hong Kong before, and wasn’t looking where she was going when she left earlier, so she had to get help, and by the time she made it back, it'd been hours since she left.

“Byulyi?” her soft hesitant voice rang out when she slowly opened the door to the hotel room, meekly walking in.

She immediately glance at where the broken ashtray had been and see it’s been cleaned up, 

The whole room looks immaculate, as if nothing happened there just hours ago.

“Byulyi?” She call out again, afraid that she’s too late, and that Byul already left.

She walks inside the room more and hears the water running from the bathroom.  Thinking Byulyi is showering, she opt to wait, but notices the light to the bathroom is off and the door opens. Odd.  Maybe she’s not here and forgot to turn off the water?

“Byulyi?” 

Yongsun slowly opened the bathroom door when she didn’t hear a reply. She flicks the light on.

“BYUL! Oh my god, what are you doing?!?”

There was Byulyi, sitting in a fetal position in the bathtub with her clothes on, with the showerhead water on, pouring down on her.

Yongsun ran to the bathtub and turned off the freezing water. 

“ Byul,” She mutters, grabbing the girl by her shoulder, 

Bloodshot eyes snap up to her, not really seeing her.

“I’m gonna get you warm up, okay?  Can you get out of these clothes? I’ll get a bathrobe.”

Yongsun head to the closest to grab a robe and some extra towel.  She noticed her hands trembling. “,” 

She fisted her hand, willing it to stop shaking.  Then, taking a deep breathe, she head back to the bathroom, only to see Byul still standing there in her wet clothes, staring blankly at her.

“Byul-yi, hey” She gently laid a hand on her forearm, “I need you to get out of these clothes, and put on this bathrobe, can you do that for me?”

A few second passed without reply, Yongsun was about to give up and do it herself, even though she didn’t want to invade her privacy, it’s better than her standing in wet clothes, when Byul slowly nod.

“Okay, that’s good, i’ll wait outside, come out when you're done okay?”

Another slow nod.

Yongsun waited outside the bathroom for what seemed like hours when Byulyi walked out, eyes on the floor, in a too big bathrobe, arms wrapped around her torso, shivering from the cold no doubt.

“Hey, Byul-ah, come on, let’s take a nap yeah?”

She gently steered the girl onto the bed.  Yongsun sat on the bed, her back resting against the headboard, as she maneuver Byul to lay down in her lap and cover her with the blankets, her hand gently massaging the girl’s head.  

Slowly, she felt Byul’s breathing even out.  She looks down, noticing Byul’s hand tightly holding onto the the hem of her shirt, as if she’s afraid Yongsun will leave, but too scared to ask or hold onto more.

Yongsun leans back, her head hitting the wall behind her as tears stream down her face, “.”


 


hiii I wrote the dragon story!!  I rewatched a few ep of game of throne for inspiration but it's inspired by G.O.T dragon story line, not much else from that show, so no worries about all the killing and drama haha!  Please give it a read if youre interested! Title is "Fire Made Flesh