Insanity

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

“You parked far” Yong commented as they both leisurely walk to Byul’s car after filming was done.  She didn’t mind the walk, it give them some time together, and it was a nice day out, slightly warm, but the sun was beginning to set, so the night breeze was coming.

Byul simply shrug, not having anything to say, content with walking besides her.

Yongsun didn’t seem to mind the silence either as they both walk along the small path.

“OMG MOONBYUL UNNIE?!” 

They both turn their heads to look at where they heard the scream. It was coming from a child riding her bike, and luckily, no one was around to hear it. 

“Hi!” Moonbyul greeted cheerfully, but the child was too star struck to speak, she only gape at the singer, blinking fast as if she’s making sure she’s awake.

“What’s your name?”

“Huh? Oh uh Soo Jung” 

“I know someone name Soo Jung, it’s a beautiful name” 

“Kr-Krystal?” 

Moonbyul shyly chuckle, “deh, Krystal”

“You’re really pretty unnie” the child whisper in awe, 

“It’s because of my fans who love me. I live off your love” 

“Wooaahh Unnie is daebak” 

Moonbyul gave another smile, then asks, “Where are you going?”

“Home! I was at the park with my friends, and now it’s dinner time.” 

Moonbyul glance at Yongsun, asking a silent question that she trust her unnie can understand, to which Yongsun gave a subtle nod, 

“Can we walk you back? It’s getting dark out, we’d feel more at peace if we know you’re safely home,”

The child nod excitedly, “OKAY!!” 

“This is my friend, Solar Unnie, she’s from Mamamoo.  Do you know them?”

Soo Jung shook her head.

“They’re amazing! You should listen to them when you can! You’ll love them,” 

“I only love you!”

Yongsun coughed to cover up her laughter, of course, only Moonbyul fans would be as greasy as her. 

“There’s always room in your heart for more love SooJung-ah.  Besides, it’ll make me really happy if you share your love,” 

“Jincha?”

“Deh,” Byul nod seriously

“Okay!  I promise I’ll love Mamamoo too!” 

“That’s...not really what i meant” Byul siltenly mutters, but nod along instead.

“Look!  There’s my house!!”

“OMMA OMMA OMMA GUESS WHAT?!” The child screams as she ran to her house, banging on the door, 

Byul and Yongsun look at each other amusingly before following Soo Jung.

“SooJung, do not bang on the door!  And - omo” The mom shuts up upon seeing Moonbyul standing behind her daughter.

“Moonbyul-shi” 

They two bow in greeting, “Annyeong, we just wanted to get SooJung home safely was it was getting dark,” 

“Oh-oh deh, thank you, wow, you're real”

Moonbyul gave a shy smile, not really knowing how to interact with another adult.  It is much easier with kids.

Yongsun seems to pick up her nervousness and took over, “We’ll be leaving now, sorry to disturb” 

“No no not at all!  Would you two like to come in for a drink or something?  As a thank you?” 

“No thank you, we have to go unfortunately,”

“Ah deh...have...are you also a singer? I think ive seen you on TV before?” 

Moonbyul jumps in, “Yeah! She’s Solar Unnie, from Mamamoo!  You probably seen them on Immortal Songs.  They’re absolutely amazing” 

SooJung nod along, “UHHUH OMMA THEY”RE AMAZING! I LOVE THEM!” 

“Oh!  Yes, I’ve watched!  Yes, you three are fabulous!”

“OH thank you!” 

“Are you two sure you can’t come in?” 

“Deh, thank you for the offer, but we have to get going,”

“Right, you two are probably busy… would it be okay if we take a picture?”

Yongsung gave a quick glance at Byul before nodding, 

“Oh thank you thank you!”  

The 4 of them snap a quick selca then Yongsun and Byul left, leaving behind two very very happy fans.

“That’s really cute Byul-ah,”

“What?”

“You and SooJung,” 

Byul shyly rub her head, “oh that..”

“You made that kid’s day,”

Byul shrug, embarasses, 

“You don't need to be so shy Byul! It’s cute! But SooJung?”

“Hm?”

“I didn’t know you are friends with Krystal-shi?” 

“Not really, we just meet a couple times at events and work.” 

“Ah” Yongsun reply, feeling relief for some reason, 

“Unnie….is that jealousy I hear?”

“Yah!  Why would I be jealous??”

“Don't worry Yong” Byul drap her arm over Yong’s shoulder and lean her body over, “You’re the only one for me!”

“Isanghae!!” 

“Weh???”

“You’re so greasy, even your child fan is greasy!”

“Of course!  They have a great teacher,”

“Wow, so modest,”

“Come on!!” Byul suddenly grab her wrist and drag her somewhere,

“Byul- yah! Where are we going??” 

“Fishing!” 

“FISHING?!?”

“Yeah for dinner”

Yongsun managed to yank her arm back, causing Byul to stop and look back at her in confusion, “Weh?” 

“FISHING?!?”

“Yeah, for dinner? Are we...not?” 

“FISHING?!?!”

“Are you okay Yong? You already said that?” 

“When I said I wanted Sushi, I didn't mean live fish!”

“Of course they’re not going to be live, we’ll catch them and the chef will cook them,”

Yongsun sigh, 

“You promise you’d let me pick” Byul whine, seeing Yongsun about to object, 

She sigh once again, “Fine, we’ll go fishing.  It’s never boring with you huh?” 

“Yes!” Byul pumps her fist up, “Let’s go!” 

“I’ve never fished before,”

“It’s okay, you got me!” Byul puff out her chest proudly, 

“Oh!  It’s there!” 

“Oh… it’s an actual lake..” 

“Yeah?  Where did you think we were going to fish?” 

“I don't know?! A pool? Like those pool for people to catch fish?”

Byul made a face, 

“What’s with that face?”

“Those are only there for people to feel good about themselves.  We have to work for our food for real.”

They made it to the lake and Byul took them to a restaurant by the small harbor, 

After being greeted and Byul paying for the equipments and bait, they’re both out on the bank of the lake.

(AN - i know nothing about fishing forgive me, i don't know why my hands typed this scene) 

“Okay, so you just have to put the bait on here like this,” Byul instructed while also demonstrating, “then you just have to swing the line into water, and wait!” 

“Once you feel a tugging, just reel it in,”

Yongsun copy along and swings her fishing line into the lake.  Together they squat down side by side waiting.

“Is this your first time fishing?” Byul asks, 

“Besides those child ones, yes.  You done it before?”

“Uhuh, back home, we lived in a fishing village.  Mostly fish with nets, line fishing is more leisure,”

Yongsun glance over at Byul, who was concentrating on the river, 

“You don't talk much about your childhood” she commented, not exactly asking as she doesn’t want Byul to be uncomfortable, but she, like everyone else, is curious.

Byul just shrugged, “Not much to say.  I grew up in a small village, came to Seoul as a teen, and now I’m here.  What about you unnie?  You grew up in Seoul right?”

It’s pretty clear to the older girl that Byul doesn’t want to talk about her childhood, for what reason, no one knows, but she wasn’t going to push.  Byul will tell her when or if she wants to.

“Yup, born and raised!  We lived south of the Han River.  My sister and I live in a different district now, but still by the river and - omo omo!” Yongsun jumps up, “Byul-ah!  I feel a tugging!!”

“Reel it in unnie!” 

“I’m scared?? Byul you do it! ” Yongsun trust the fishing pole to the younger girl who took it and naturally reel in the fish.  She struggled for a bit but then pop out a giant fish, the ones you would see on TV as they talk about fantastic catches.

“Wanna touch it?”

Yongsun hesitantly poke it with her finger, “EEWW AHAAHH WET” 

Byul laugh as she unhook the fish to put in the bucket, “Unnie, it’s a fish, of course it’ll be wet,”

“UGH” She screams, wiping her finger on Byul’s shirt.

“I think we can stop, you caught a huge one unnie!”

They packed up their stuff and walked back to the restaurant.

“That was exciting,”

“Glad you enjoyed it.  Only you would get a huge fish on your first try,”

Yongsun hook her arm into Byul’s elbow, “well, I had a great teacher” 

The poor girl was not expecting that, she blush and look down shyly.

“Now you know how it feels!” 

“Yooonnngg”

“Why do you call me that?  I’m your unnie,”

Byul looks over at the girl, “I want us to be more than that though,” 

Yongsun blush and look away, “Tsk, so greasy…”

They enjoy the walk back in silence and once they were at the restaurant, they turn the fish over to the chef, how went back to the kitchen to make their meal, while they sat at a table by the pier.  By this point, the sun had gone down and soft lights illuminated the outdoor dining area.

“So hungryyyyyy” Byul complains while drinking her coke, 

“You’re the one that wanted to go fishing for dinner,”

“But it's so boring just ordering food!” 

“Yah, slow down, you're going to get a brain freeze,” 

“No i’m not” Byul childishly replied and drank faster.

Yongsun simply look on, knowing what’s going to happen, 

“Ow,” Byul grabs her head in pain, “brain freeze” 

“Told you,”

“Unnie, do you have work tomorrow?”

“Nope!  I’m free for the next three days!” 

Byul smiles and starts, “Unnie”

“Oh no, why do i feel worry?”

“I have an insane idea,”

“Byul..”

“So crazy, both our company will merge just to kill us,” 

“I don't want to hear it then!”

“We’ll be skinned alive”

“Then shut up!” 

“It’s so crazy, it’s the best idea ever,” 

“That’s not how it works,”

“Unnie..”

“Byul…”

“Let’s go to Hong Kong!” 

“No! Wait..what?”

“Let’s go to Hong Kong!   Right now!  After dinner, I’ll take us to the airport, and we go.  RIght now. Tonight.”

“We can’t just - we have to plan first!”

“No, you don't have work, i don't have work.  Hong Kong is closed by, only a few hours by flight.  We go tonight, spend two days there, and come back.”

“That’s crazy!  We don't have anything on us! No clothes! And I don't have money with me!”

“We can buy some clothing there! And we have our ID, we don't need a passport.  And I have money.  I can cover for you, you don't even need to pay me back.”

Yongsun gape at her logic, “That’s crazy!” she whispers/scream

Byul nod, “Yes, but it’ll be fun!  Live a little unnie!”

“You’re absolutely insane.  You’re out of your mind.  We’re both going to die. They’re going to kill us. I can't believe this..” the older girl pinch her nose in frustration, 

“Is that a yes?”

Yongsun sigh then looks right into Byul’s eyes as she leans back, “You’re paying for my funeral.”