Suprise Meeting Part 2

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

(I just gave the CEO and his family some random names. Ceo – Doon, wife – Sook, daughter – Haneul, Hani for short)

This chapter is like last one but from Moonbyul's view instead.


 

“UNNIE” a piercing scream echo throughout the house follows by laughter.

Moonbyul is really close with her CEO, Doon, and his wife, Sook, so close in fact, that she's often over at their house, mostly babysitting their 4 years old daughter, Haneul, or Hani for short.

Today is no exception. Moonbyul came over once again, and while the parents cleaned up after dinner, she's helping Hani shower and get ready for bed.

If you were to walk in, you'd see Hani sitting in the bathtub with a head full of shampoo and with little duckies floating around her, and Moonbyul kneeling beside the tube with a water gun shooting at her.

“Oh Hani-ah! There's a bubble monster on your head! Stay still!” Moonbyul dramatically cry as she pump the water gun and shoot water.

Hani laughed as the water missed her hair, “Unnie! You missed!”

“Ah, what a slippery monster! I must catch use this extra powerful water machine!” Moonbyul threw the water gun in the bath and picked up the shower-head. Turning on the water, she told Hani to close her eyes, “Dont look Hani!”

“I'm not looking!” Hani covers her eyes and Moonbyul 'kill' the monster by washing her hair.

“Gotcha! I am victorious!”

“UNNIE IS THE BEST!”

Moonbyul chuckle at the cuteness, and proceed to help finish bathing the girl and changed her into pajamas.

She carries the little girl to her room, and tuck her into bed.

“What story do you want to hear tonight Hani?”

The little girl ponder for a bit then lit up and looks at her unnie, “Tell me about the sun!”

Moonbyul smiles indulgently. Hani loves Mamamoo, and she would throw a tantrum if she knew Moonbyul knows Solar personally and don't introduce them. So her dad, upon being asked why Moonbyul didn't show up last week, and in an effort to avoid angering his daughter, made a comment that Moonbyul meet the sun last week and since then, she keeps asking about the sun.

“Ah, the sun again? Did you know unnie will go meet the sun again tomorrow?”

“Jincha?”

“Deh, so if you're good, the next time, i'll tell you a cooler story of my 2nd meeting okay?”

“Promise! I'll be super duper good!” Hani held up her pinky for Moonbyul. The older girl smiles and hook her pinky together.

“I'll sing for you tonight okay? And next time, I'll tell you about the sun.”

Hani nods her head and closed her eyes, drifting off to sleep to Moonbyul's soft voice and her hand running through her hair.

As the song end and with Hani deep in sleep, Moonbyul can't help but smiles, thinking of the 'sun' or rather, Solar.

She's very excited to see her tomorrow, but so nervous. She came over today so Sook-unnie can help her pack. Since she stays here so often, she have her own room.

The past week has been...interesting to say the least. Everyone at the company has been teasing her about her crush. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, Moonbyul is very strict with who gets to ride her Motorcycle and yet, she offers to drive Yongsun on it despite just meeting her. Oh, and she came into the studio afterwards with the biggest smile.

Moonbyul always known she's been more interested in the fairer , but there's never been anyone she find herself attracted to. Dont get her wrong, she's not blind, she appreciate other's physique before, but she never felt any desire to be with them emotionally. It's different with Yongsun. Ever since the first meeting at the cafe, she felt a connection with the older girl. It's cheesy, but Yongsun really is so bright. Once she relax, her laughter is so uninhibited, she laughs with her whole soul. Her smiles takes up her whole face, happiness settles peacefully in her eyes. The way the sun shines on her, the little inflection and shadows as she moves. Moonbyul can't help but be drawn to such brightness and beauty. Gosh, who wouldn't?

And yes, she did went on a Mamamoo binge watch in her own house. Not here. They'll relentlessly if they find out. But in the confines of her own home, yes, she did went on a binge. While the 3 members of Mamamoo are hilarious and amazing together, it really was Solar that she keep look at. Her patience with her members, her leadership, her love, her joy, everything about her.

It freaks Moonbyul out. To be this deep and filled with emotion for another person. Especially since, at the end of the day, they're just co-workers. She hopes that they'll be friends and remain friends after this show is over, but she knows that this idol life is hard to keep meaningful connections. It's hard to be friends when your schedule don't match up and you can't meet up or even phone call each other.

She resolves to just enjoy the time together as long as it'll last. Besides, she doesn't want to come off too strong, too needy, and scare Solar away. She'll be happy with whatever memories they make together.

With a soft smile, she kiss Hani's forehead, turns on the child monitor and left the room.

In the kitchen, Doon and Sook were sitting, talking quietly and sipping some wine.

Moonnyul looks at them, “Am I interrupting?”

Deciding to tease the younger girl, Sook nod, “Hani been wanting a baby brother but it's hard to grant her wish you with here every day.”

The singer turns red and covers her ear, “Ew ew ew ew eeeeeewww”

Sook's husband laughs at her reaction and took pity on the poor girl. They been teasing her too much this pass week. “Seulgi texted you, she wants to go running.”

“...okay?”

“I replied and said you'd be there in an hour.”

Moonbyul blinks. “But i dont wanna go running!”

Sook wave her off, “Oh please, your nervous energy is giving me wrinkles. And you haven't seen Seulgi in a while. Go! Hang out with someone closer to your age for once! And burn off this nervousness!” Sook shove her phone to her hand shoo her out the door,

“-but”

“Bye!' She slams the door in Moonbyul's face.

Sighing, she text Seulgi she's on her way. She looks down at what she's wearing and luckily, her lazy lounge at home clothing will work for a run.

“Moon Unnie!” Seulgi yells in greeting and hop into her unnie's car.

“Hey Seulgi,”

“I haven't seen you in so loooong”

“Ah sorry, i've been busy.”

“I know! That's why I wanted to go for a run, I want to hear all about it unnie.”

Moonbyul pretend not to know what her friend is talking about.

“Unnie! You and Solar-shi! Come on girl, I need them deets.”

Moonbyul groan, “Please don't speak like that again”

“I will if you don't tell me.”

“What's there to say? We meet, drank some coffee, I took her to her company, and went home.”

“You are so boring!”

Moonbyul parks the car, and got off, not waiting for Seulgi, causing the younger girl to scramble after her.

“Come on Seulgi-ah, let's get some running in before your curfew.”

“...Are you serious?”

Moonbyul looks at her confusingly, confused because that's what her text said.

Seulgi heave a sigh, body slumping against the car, “Unnie, you're really bad with people aren't you?”

Shaking her head, Seulgi said, “Why would I, who dance so much for practice, voluntarily go running? I texted that so my manager wouldn't get mad in case she see!”

“So...you don't wanna run?”

“No unnie, you go run, i'm going to get food.” Seulgi chuckle at her unnie and walked away. In reality, she just wanted Moonbyul to have some free time outside to relax. She, and everyone that knows her, know she's been super nervous and in her head lately. Moonbyul is not one to talk about her feelings or worries, and that can be dangerous, to bottle everything in. The older girl been stress lately, and this unplanned run by the Han river will, Seulgi hopes, helps clear her head and calm her down a bit, especially before tomorrow.

Moonbyul shrug, and took off running after securing her hat on her head. Most people don't recognize her when she's not on stage, It's not that she looks super different, but the aura she gives is quite different. When working, she gives off a very cool aura, one filled with the confidence and backing of her success. But when not working, like now, there's none of that. She feels just like a college student, able to blend into the background, enjoying the anonymity. People double back before, and some do have the courage to approach her, in which case, she'll please them by signing or taking pictures with them. But for the most part, people simply dismiss her as a look-a-like. Because MoonByul is charismatic and cool, and right now, Byul-yi is just a girl who's way too nervous for tomorrow.

Running, with her feet pounding the pavement, nothing but the rhythm of her feet and heart, she tries to clear her mind. Trying to not think and just focus in on the moment, with the slightly hot breeze and the smell of the river. Trying to get lost in the present and not the future. She lived so much of her youth getting lost in the future. Dreaming, yearning, wishing, planning – that she completely miss out on all the beauty of the present.

“If you only look ahead, there will be things you will miss on the sides. You might even miss a shortcut,” Her CEO said to her one day, after finding her sleeping in the practice room, with crumble papers of lyrics scattered around her.

She didn't listen then, so focus on her future that she didn't care. Now, she's regretting it a bit. She's in the mid 20s and her best friend is her CEO and his wife. And she talks to a 4 year old more comfortably than people her age. She has friends of course, like Seulgi, but they're not super close. They're friends who occasionally hang out together and complain about work. No. there's no one in her life she can lay out her trouble to. No phone number she can call in the middle of the night because she's lonely, or lost. So this year, she's trying to live in the present. But meeting Yongsun threw a wrench in that plan. Now, all she can think of is the future, with Yongsun. How should she act tomorrow? Should she bring a house warming gift? Should she cook breakfast the morning after? What will Yongsun think? What should they do tomorrow night?

These worries of the future fills her mind, and without paying attention, she bump into a person and she mentally curse, hoping it's not someone who would know it's her,

“Omo, i'm so sorry!” She apologize and felt horrible when hearing the girl hiss in pain, she bend down to help the person up, getting a good look at her, and her heart hammer dramatically in her chest.

'be still stupid heart' she thought and channel her cool persona,

“Oh! Unnie!”

The older girl greeted with with formalities, and she can't help but feel a bit hurt from that, so she asks with a soft, non MoonByul voice, “Shi? Are we back to formalities?”

Hearing Solar say no and calling her “Byul - ah” fills her with joy and she lit up, before noticing that the older girl is injured.

“Unnie! You're hurt!”

Solar said something but she didn't really register, too worry about the scratches on her unnie hand. She grabs her wrist and drag her to the nearest bathroom.

As she got there, she slows down a bit, mentally berating herself for being overbearing. She was totally planning on going into the bathroom with her but luckily manage to stops herself just outside the bathroom, “You should clean it really well unnie. We don't want it to get disinfected. Make sure to use soap.”

Too worry about her unnie, she looks up in shock when she felt a light pat on her cheek then the closing of the door.

She softy touches her cheek where Solar's patted and stood there like a creep.

She was pulled from her shock when Seulgi shows up behind her, “Yo unnie!”

Moonbyul jumps, “Yah Seulgi! Don't scare me like that!”

“You're ridiculous unnie. Are you just gonna stand here waiting for Solar-shi to open the door?”

The older girl blush, “n-no..”

“uh huh sure”

“What are you doing here anyway?”

“I was eating tteokbokki when I look up and lo and behold, I see a hamster dragging a poor girl somewhere. I thought, oh no, I have to save this poor girl. So here I am.”

Moonbyul eye twitch at her explanation and drag the younger girl to the end of the hallway.

“Woah unnie, this is a shady corner your taking me to” Seulgi tease and laughed when Moonbyul smack her in annoyances.

They then heard someone walking towards them and turn around to see Yongsun.

Moonbyul's face lit up seeing Solar and she bounce to her, eager to get away from the teasing for a bit, “Unnie!” She grabs onto Solar and brought her over to Seulgi to introduce them.

They bow to each other in greeting, and not wanting Yongsun to get any ideas (a part of her mind filing away why she doesn't want Yongsun to get wrong ideas) she made up a quick lie, “I was just telling Seulgi here how I bump into you.”

She noticed Solar frowning and briefly wonder why before hearing Solar said it's not Byul's fault.

Moonbyul shook her head, not meaning for her little lie from embarrassment to cause any issue, or make this into anyone's fault. People pump into each other all the time when running. “No, I bump into you.”

Yongsun replies, “No, I did”

Mentally, Moonbyul gears up, if Yongsun wants to be stubborn, then so will she, “No, it was me.”

After a couple time, Moonbyul didn't even care about making sure unnie know it's not her fault. No, at this point, it's a matter of pride. She will not back down. A part of her is berating her at how childish shes being but her prideful side won out.

“YAH UNNIES!”

They both stops and simultaneously turns their head to glare at who dare interrupt them.

Moonbyul totally forgot that Seulgi was there and felt a bit ashamed for forgetting the girl and her curfew. She knows how strict SM are with their curfews. She apologizes to the Red Velvet member and looks to her unnie, she apologetically smiles, “Sorry unnie, I have to get this one home. She still have a curfew”

“yah!” Seulgi lightly punch her in the arm before bowing to Solar, “It was nice meeting you Solar-unnie! We'll probably meet again soon, you're her wife after all”

They both blush and Moonbyul lightly smack the younger girl, “You're not invited”

Seulgi turns to Solar, and that traitor decides to , as if she hasn't been teased enough, “you'll invite me right unnie?”

Moonbyul completely expected Yongsun to nod and agree. She's too nice and polite to not.

Seulgi triumphantly smiles and stuck her tongue out at Moonbyul, who in turns, turn to Solar and whine out.

Seulgi mental smirk, seeing the interaction between them. She never seen Moonbyul so childish before. She's like a kid that wants attention. Damn. Hamster has it bad.

Suddenly, one of Moonbyul's song rang out from Solar's phone. Moonbyul blush and looks down, not knowing what to do at hearing her song coming from Yongsun's phone and too shy to even notice Solar leaving until she felt her presence disappearing.

She looks up and saw Solar walking away. She felt Seulgi smacking her and telling, “Yah, stop looking at her you hamster!”

Shaking her head, she focus on Seulgi and taking her home. Then she's going to go home and definitely not think about their unexpected meeting.

 


A/N - wooh! Been feeling really inspired lately.  Like even when i'm tired from work, i just wanna write!  it's definately in anticipation for Mamamoo's comeback! 
I also have another story, a collection of one shots, if you all would like to check it out ^^

like i said, very very inpsired and hype up lately, lots in my head that my hands doesn't type fast enough with the little time i have. 
Thank you!!!