Hong Kong

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

If you ask Yongsun how she ended up on a flight to Hong Kong at 1 in the morning, with nothing on her but what she wore this morning, she would blame the damn fish.  It must be the fish.  Something must have been in the water, and she ate the fish swimming in the water, and now she’s insane. Because no sane person would randomly go to Hong Kong in the middle of the night. 

Her manager will kill her. Her agency will kill her. Hyejin and Wheein will kill her. 

She gotta start planning her funeral now. Flowers, lots and lots of flowers. 

“Unnie”

She snap out of her thought going hearing the voice of the insane person she’s traveling with. 

Ah yes, Moon Byul Yi, the one who took her fishing and infected her with this insanity. 

“You look so stressed, relax Yong” 

Yongsong face twitches, like that’s easy! 

“It’ll be fine unnie,” 

“Byulyi… I am planning my funeral, can shut up?”

“Shouldn’t that be for other people to plan?” 

“No they won’t do it right.”

“No one is going to kill you, if anything you can blame it on me, now will you relax? You’re stressing me out” 

“Yah! This is insane Byul! We’re on a plan to Hong Kong! And no one knows! What if you fans see us? They’ll kill me before my manager! What if -“

Byul turns so that she’s facing Yongsun, and gently rest her hands on the older girl’s forearm, “Hey relax Yong, what you do on your day off is yours. No one has control over your free time. And my fans been begging me to make friends for years, they’ll love you!” 

Yongsun sighs, agreeing with her and finally starts to relax. 

“Okay okay you're right, sorry, i’m just worried,”

Byul wrap her arm around the older girl and pull her in, letting the leader rest on her shoulder as she gently play with her hair, “Go to sleep unnie, I’ll wake you up once we’re there,”

The soft rumbling of the plane, the lull of Byul’s hand playing with her hair, the strong steady arm and shoulder, all these help her drift away into a restful slumber.

Yongsun felt a soft shaking and hand on her head, brushing away something tickling her, 

“Unnie, unnie”

“Hhmmm” she turns away and buried her head into her pillow more, “five more minutes” 

“Yong, we’re here”

“Nooo five more minutes” she nuzzle into her pillow,

“Unnie, you're on my s”

Yongsun was about to bargain for more sleep time when the words register.  She snap her eyes open and shot up, sitting straight in her chair.

She looks at Byul who had an amuse smile on her face, then down at her ‘pillow’.

“Oh my god” she whispers, horrified, as her face turns red, “I am so sorry”

Byul gently shook her head, not wanting to cause the older girl to feel bad. “You’re fine unnie, i’m glad you had a good sleep,”

“Right uh - right” 

Yongsun visibly shook herself then stood up, “let’s go?” 

“Yeah!  I also booked a hotel near here,”

“Already?  Did you sleep at all?”

Byul shook her head, “Not really,”

“Byul-ah” Yongsun started, about to scold the younger girl, but Byul cuts her off, “I was enjoying the view,” 

“What view?”

“You”

“Aisshhh”

They finally step out of the airport, it was about 10 in the morning, a full day ahead of them, in a new country, and unlike before, Yongsun is feeling very excited.  She leans to her companion, and sweetly whispers, “Take me to breakfast,”

“You don't want to go wash up first?” 

“No, I want breakfast,”

“Demanding” the younger one tease but relent as always, “what do you want to eat?”

“Anything, I’ve never been to Hong Kong before..”

Byul nod and starts walking, not really having any destination in mind and Yongsun follows along, not really caring where they go.  She just really want to spend some time with Byul, away from the idol life for a bit.  She knows Byul is quite popular in Hong Kong as well, but it’s different, less suffocating than in Korea.

Yongsun looks around her, taking in all the new sight and smells of a new place, feeling unbridle joy in her heart.

Snap.

“Yah!”

“You look beautiful Yong” Byul simply said as she continued to take pictures, paying no mind to anything else.  Seeing Yongsun like this with childlike wonder is a sight to preserve forever.

“If you’re done, let’s go eat Byul”

“I can’t help it unnie,” 

“Become my personal photographer then,” Yongsun tease, playing posing for a picture,

“I will, anytime,” Byul reply earnestly, picking up on the teasing tone but electing to ignore it.

“Tsk, come on! I’m hungry!  Feed me!” 

“Aigoo this unnie~” 

Byul puts away her phone, then grab her arm and pulling her as she ran, 

“Where are we going??”

“I don't know!”

“You don’t know?!?”

“NOPE!”

Yongusn pulls her arm away and ran in another direction, 

“UNNIE!  Where are you going?”  Byul yells as she chase after her, 

“I don't know!”

“You don’t know??”

“NOPE!” 

“UNNIE!” Byul caught up and tackle her into a hug, 

“What?” she asks to a pouting Byul, 

“You stole my lines”

“Aigooo, I’ll make it up to you, I’ll pay for breakfast,”

Just like that, they resume their leisure pace from earlier, walking aimlessly with each other, 

“You don't have money with you”

“I’ll pay you back when we get back,”

“Cook for me instead,”

“Weh? I can’t cook,”

“Anything unnie cook will be good,”

“You don't know that,”

“It’s unnie, it’ll be good,” 

“Yah! Greasy! Oh look! Dim sum!” Yongsun points to a restaurant across the street and pulls Byul with her.

“Welcome! Sit anywhere and order at the cashier when you’re ready” 

They both choose to sit near the back and order the breakfast special, which came out super fast.

As they sat eating and commenting on the food, Yongsun received a phone call. 

“, it’s my manager.”

“Turn it off,”

“What? I can’t just turn my phone off!”

“Text her, tell her you're on vacation, then turn your phone off,” Byul reply as if it’s nothing but her easines with her company is different than Yongsun’s.

“I can’t just do that Byulyi,”

Yongsun ignore the younger girl and picked up the phone, 

“Hi Unnie..”

“Deh...i know, butI have some days off and i thought. -”

“Deh, i’m sorry, i’ll - “

“Okay, yes, I understand.  Bye”

She set the phone down dejectedly.

“Unnie?”

“There’s fan sightings of us at the airport, then running around in Hong Kong, and one with us coming into this restaurant.  The rumours are going crazy.  They want me back as soon as possible”

Byul frown, then call her CEO, 

“Byulyi! Jesus! What are you thinking???” 

“Remember the statement we both agree to?  Release it and give me three days,”

She felt Yongsun look over in confusion, wanting to ask what statement.

“Byulyi”

“This isn’t a discussion, I’ll be back in 3 days,” Byul hung up and turns her phone off.

Yongsun was looking at her, “What statement?”

“Three days unnie, please, let’s just enjoy our time here,” Byul said instead of answering, reaching out to hold her hands.

“What statement Byul-yi?”

She sigh, “We had a talk about this with your company.  Both companies decided that if something come out, they’ll say that they respect our privacy and will not release any statement.”

“It’s not bad unnie, and we can release a statement if we want, or not, doesn’t matter,”

Yongsun bark out a bitter laugh, “You don’t get it do you?”

“I don’t understand, what’s - “

Yongsun puts her arm up, effectively stopping the girl from finishing her sentence.

“Let’s go back to the hotel.”

With a bit of hope in her voice, Byul meekl inquire, “Are you staying then?” 

She got a glare from Yongsun in reply as she growls out, “Hotel, now Byulyi”

Byul nod and scrambles to pay for breakfast they only half eaten, and wave down a taxi.

The whole way, from the car ride, to the elevator up to the room, to walking in the hallway towards their room was tense.  

They finally made it to the hotel room and Yongsun walks in first, follow by Byul who locked the door after getting in.

Byul turns back to look at Yongsun, only to get a slap in the face.