Moonbyul The Photographer?

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

A black Benz pulls up to the sidewalk where the crew were setting up. 

The house the production rented for them as their couple home, is a bit away from the bustling of the city, nestled in a small quiet town. 

 The shoot didn't start until later, so they were still setting up. However, Moonbyul arrived early, shocking the crew there.

As a director and cinematographer herself, she knows how this works, how to set up and prepare for a shoot, so, in order to help with her nerves, she decided to come early to help out.

“Oh, Moonbyul-shi, you’re here early”  One of the crew members said upon noticing her.  Luckily, one of the cameras was already on and a member managed to catch footage of her arriving.

Moonbyul nodded and replied, “deh, I’m nervous so I came early,” she awkwardly chuckled along with some crew members who heard her, before offering to help.

“Aniyo Moonbyul-shi, don’t worry, just relax, we can finish setting up”

The singer made a sad face, causing some crew members to melt at her cuteness and their resolve weakened, “Ah - but if you want to help, you can help set up the mic and lighting sheets.”

She perks up, “sure! Anything I shouldn't do?”

“Ah, don't go in the house yet, or test the house camera, we want your reaction to seeing the house to be authentic.” The producer replied.

Moonbyul smiles and nods, before walking to help with the mic stand first. 

Shaking his head in amusement, he left to prepare the automatic cameras for the house.  

That was the scene Solar arrived to an hour later - The crew mingling around with everything in place, and Moonbyul laughing with a few staff members as she takes some pictures.

“Unnie!”  Moonbyul exclaims upon seeing Solar and runs over excitedly.  

Solar smiles brightly at seeing the younger girl but she quickly shifts to shock as Moonbyul stops a few feet away and brings the professional camera up to her face, taking a quick shot of Solar. 

Solar blush at the unexpected picture, “Yah!”

Moonbyul paid her no mind, instead, coming up right next to her, arm lightly touching, and showed her the picture. 

For a second, Solar stopped breathing. It was such a quick picture, taken so plainly, with no preparation on her part, and from Moonbyul’s side, it looked like she just randomly pressed the button, no setting change or lens or anything.  And yet, what she’s seeing now is like a professional image.

It’s a bit tilted and not straight, but her happiness is so obvious to see. Her smile taking up her face, eyes crinkling in delight, face a bit red from the sun. Couple that with her hair slightly blowing, a few strands covering her face, and the sun shining and creating a shadow against the backdrop of a wall filled with vines.  It’s so stunning.  And the fact that Moonbyul captured this moment candidly stuns the older girl.

“I confirmed your beauty unnie” Moonbyul said as she showed her the image.

Too engrossed in the image, it took Solar a few seconds to register the greasiness of what Moonbyul just said, “Yah!  That’s weird!”  

Solar hit Moonbyul a few times as she laughed, not bothering to run away,  “So greasy!” 

“But it’s true unnie!”  she leans back and lift the camera up,

Solar glare and reach out, “Yah!” 

*snap* 

The younger girl laughed and ran away.  Yongsun was able to run after her but that’s when she noticed they’re not alone and there’s a whole crew around that watched the interaction - a crew she didn’t even say hello to. 

Embarrassed, she bows to them in both greeting and apology, but they just laugh and wave her off, telling her that their naturalness with each other is the most important part of the show. 

She went over to Moonbyul who was cutely swatting on the floor with the camera between her knees, browsing the images.

Solar stops in front of her, her shadow covering the younger girl, causing her to look up.  Upon noticing her unnie, she smiles and brings the camera up, taking another picture from her swatting position.

“Aish, where did you get that camera anyway?”

“It’s mine~” she answers, trying to get another picture but Solar is covering the lens, “Unniieee”

“Come on Byul-ah, let go film”

Moonbyul jerk her head to the two camera men, “they’re filming us right now”

“Let’s go inside our house then?”

Moonbyul contemplated for a few seconds then looked at Solar’s hand covering the camera lens. She tilts her head at her unnie, but Yongsun doesn't mind, knowing that if she takes her hand off, the younger girl will take another picture.

Seeing that Yongsun wasn’t planning on taking her off, Moonbyul pouted, sliding her lower lip out a bit and making a sad puppy eyes and puffing her cheek out a bit.

Solar froze up, just staring at the younger girl.  In the short time of knowing her, Yongsun learned that she’s very childish and cute, despite her on stage persona. But there’s something different about this, as if Solar is privy to something that even most of Moonbyul’s friends don't get to see. 

Seeing that Yongsun still didn’t take her hand off the lens, the solo artist puff out her cheek and sigh, taking the camera off her neck, “fine, i’ll leave it in my car” 

Solar blinked out of her stupor and shook her head gently, “just bring it in with us,” Moonbyul's face lit up, but before she can say anything, Yongsun pointed a finger at her and with her ‘leader’ face, commanded, “But! No pictures of me!”

Moonbyul nods erratically, looking a bit scared. Smiling at the effectiveness of it, Yongsun nods to herself, then hooks the strap back over Moonbyul's neck, coming up super close to her as she does so.  Yongsun unconsciously made the horrible mistake of looking into Moonbyul’s eyes.  

Was Moonbyul’s eyes always this soulful?  Goodness, she could look into these eyes forever.  She felt..settle.  Not electrifying as people say they feel with their love one, not like people tell her she will feel when she found ‘the one’, but peace.  As if she’s where she’s meant to be. It’s nerve wracking.

She didn’t know how long they stood there staring at each other, but she definitely noticed when Moonbyul took a step back with a soft apologetic smile on her face as her eyes darted to the camera.

Solar open to say something, to apologize, or to laugh it off, but Moonbyul subtly shook her head, then, as if nothing happened, grabbed Yongsun’s wrist, proceeding to drag her to the door.

“Come on unnie! Let’s check out our house!”

Solar lets herself get dragged along, her celebrity persona takes over as she pretends to be annoyed at being dragged - understanding the subject change for what it is.  Once the cameras are off and they’re by themselves, she’ll bring it up.  Maybe.  She’s unsure if Byul felt anything, or if it’s just her. Maybe she stared for too long and Byulyi stepped back to remind her they’re at a shoot, and it had nothing to do with...whatever that was.

Yongsun felt them stopping, and refocused on that’s happening, pushing the thoughts away for now.

They stopped in front of a very classic wooden gate, with white walls around. No doubt, she will walk into a very clean front yard with a stone pathway leading to the door of the house. To be honest, she’s not a huge fan of these style house, but it’s not like she’s going to be living here. 

“Ready?” she asks Moonbyul when it was clear the younger girl wasn’t going to go in.

“Can we do something?” 

“What?”

“We open the door together and step through the gate together”

“Aiigooo that’s so greasy Byul-ah!”

Embarrassed, she duck her head, but not willing to give up, Byul glances over, looking right into Solar’s eyes , “please?”

Unable to resist those eyes, she found herself nodding, “fine”

So together, they push open the gates and walk though.  And yes, it’s exactly as Solar envisioned.  Evenly cut grass with a small pathway made of stones leading to the house.

She tries to look excited and wowed but she’s no actress, and she thinks a bit of disappointment showed on her face.  

Luckily, or not (for once she analyzed the interaction, how was Byulyi able to read her so easily?), Byul loudly said, “woah! They left it for us to decorate!  Unnie, lay on the grass, I want a picture!” as she grab Solar’s wrist and pushes her to stand on the grass, squeezing her wrist as she does so and giving the older girl a soft understanding smile.

“Ani! No pictures!”

“But - “

“Nope!”

“Just one” She beg, holding up one finger and clasping her hand together, “one picture unnie,”

“Okay okay, one picture,” Solar relent, unable to resist her cuteness, and upon seeing the smile on Moonbyul’s face after agree, she too feels a smile over take her, 

“Lay down unnie,” 

Solar did as told, feeling very unnatural and awkward as she lay stiffly on the grass.  The solo artist walked a few pace away and squat down to her level, “unnie”

Solar turn her head to look at her photographer.

“You're so stiff, unnie, relax.”

“I can’t! It’s weird laying on the grass!”

“Just pretend you’re napping or something,”

“That’s even weirder!”

“Unnie,” Moonbyul said lowly and a bit exasperated, “you look like a dehydrated starfish” 

Yongsun's eyes widened, and she turned her body to her, propping herself up to yell at the younger girl when she suddenly heard the camera go off.

Before she can say anything, Moonbyul hop up laughing and running towards the house, with Yongsun giving chase, 

“YAH MOON BYUL YI”

Laughing, she paid her unnie no mind, continuing towards the door.  Upon reaching it, she opened the door, intending to step in first.

*BOOM*

“SURPRISE!!!!”