We Meet Again

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

Just like that, a whole week pass and today, Yongsun is on her way back to the house for another filming of WGM.

The past week been very interesting to say the least.

One she got home from the BBQ, the moment she walked in the door, her sister jumped on her, demanding all details.

After finally managing to get the girl to leave her alone, she laid in bed and proceeded to slowly go through her thousands of messages.

The next day wasn’t much better, as everyone who knew kept messaging her.  She wanted to turn off her phone, but she didn’t want to miss any texts or phone calls from Byul. So she suffered from a constantly vibrating phone.  She swears she’ll need a new phone battery after this.

And her fans and the public as well!  Every Time she turns on TV, it’s like all the station talks about.  Isn’t there some REAL NEWS to talk about?? 

Byul doesn’t seem to care, she only send a laughing emoji every time Yongsun complains.

Speaking of Byul, its been a few days since she last saw the girl, the time time at the BBQ outing. They had some plans to meet up, but Byul had something important for work, so they had to postpone.

Yongsun was pretty sad about it but she understands.  Besides, Hyejin and Wheein been teasing her non-stop, especially when she couldn't stop feeling down when Byul canceled their plan. She’s pretty sure one of them texted Byul because later that day, she got a delivery for tteokbokki along with a note “I’ll make it up to you, promise!” 

And then she couldn't stop smiling which only caused more teasing. ARGH. Those brats. Regardless she’s happy that those three are getting along well but she has this horrible sinking feeling that she’s going to regret this. She just knows it. She really should start investing in wrinkle prevention skin care.

But just like that, the days pass by and she'll see Byul again in a few hours. Unfortunately, it’s only a short filming schedule today - they’ll be done by dinner time.

She’s not exactly sure what production is planning for them, if anything, or if they’ll be free like last week, but she’s excited regardless.

She arrive first, which is shocking, as Byul texted her earlier that she’s on the way there before she even left. And Byul’s place is closer. 

“Oh Solar-shi! Welcome back!” The crew greet her and start to mic her up.

“Okay Solar-shi, you're good to go, please go in the house.”

“Oh uh, I want to wait here for Byul to come, if that’s okay?”

The crew member had a hard time saying no to her, but they power through it, “I’m sorry Solar-shi, you have to go inside to wait today.”

“Oh okay,” she sadly reply and head into the house.

“SURPRISE!” Byul yells, scaring the crap out of Yongsun.

“JESUS BYUL!”

Byul fell onto the couch laughing, “You should have seen your face unnie, omg hahahah”

“Are you done?”

“Oh,” Byul wipe her eyes as she was laughing so hard tears were coming out, “oh unnie, you’re so fun.”

Yongsun cant help but smile, even though she tries to look annoy, “I’m glad one of us is having fun,”

“When did you get here?  I don't see your car?”

“Oh, yeah, wanted to prank you, so i park far away and walked here”. 

While she was speaking, Yongsun walked over to the couch and sat down, automatically lifting Byul’s head onto her lap, 

“Unnie, your nostril looks huge from down here” 

Yongsun nose flare as she moves to push the younger girl off, but Byul turns to her side and grab onto her shirt, effectively pushing her face into Yong’s stomach, “Nooo Don't push me off” she mumbles, 

“You said my nostril looks big!”

“It does.. Should I lie?”

Yongsun grabs her wrists and attempt to pull her off but Byul held on tightly, “noooo don’t wanna.  Wanna stay here”

“God you big baby,” Yongsun tease, “come on get up, we have to do something for filming,”

Byul froze, then look at Yongsun before a mischievous smile broke out.  She grab Yongsun’s back of head and pull her down to whisper, careful of the mic as to not give away her plan, 

“Unnie, what if we just take this time to catch up on sleep? Have they ever had two idols just sleep through a broadcast?”

“I don't think they would let us” she whisper back, but a big part of her is intrigue, 

“Let’s just see how long before they wake us up,”

“You are such a troll,”

“Is that a yes?”

“Fine but you owe me dinner,”

“Deal”

Yongsun leans back as Byul let out a fake yawn. 

Okay, Yongsun thought, acting was not part of this, but she’ll play along.

She tangle her hand in Byul’s hair, gently massaging her scalp and combing her hand through Byul’s hair, causing the younger girl to flush, her face going red. Yongsun hid a smile as she said, “Tired?”

“Hmm,” Byul hums out, unconsciously closing her eyes to the gentle massage, 

“Get some rest, i’ll wake you up in a bit,”

“Mkay” 

Yongsun couldn’t help it, she continued her gentle and soothing movement, her eyes tracing every centimeter of the girl’s face. She slowly saw Byul face even out, and her breathing getting deeper, within minutes, Byul actually fell asleep, in Yongsun’s lap.

Unable to contain herself, she took out her phone and snapped a few pictures for her personal collection.

She put hers phone away, and, leaving abc while still smoothing the girl's hair, she leans back and close her eyes, thinking of just resting for a bit.  Little did she know, she fell asleep as well.

At first, the crew members thought they were just pretending to sleep, but after 45 minutes, they started to get uneasy. What are they going to do if these two just slept through the whole shoot? It’s only an 8 hour shoot today so there’s not a lot of time for footage.  

Since today is a free shoot day, they’re technically not allowed to interfere. But what do they do if their two main stars just...slept? This is not something that ever happened to any one of them.

After another 30 minutes, the producer decided to cause some type of ruckus outside, hoping the noise would wake them up.

It works, as Byul is a light sleeper.  She opens her eyes and lay there, listening to the noise. Unfortunately for them, Byul is a musician, so instead of sitting up and trying to figure out what the noise is like a normal person, Byul simply laid there without moving, as she listened.  

She glanced at the clock and the memory of the prank came back to her.  She glanced up and see Yongsun is deep asleep with open. Smiling partially because of the cute scene, and also because she figured out what the crew is trying to do, the trickster that is Moon Byul Yi, closed her eyes.  She’s unable to sleep with the noise, but she decides to just think of lyrics and melodies instead while pretending she’s sleeping.

The crew was so happy when they saw, through the monitor, Moonbyul opening her eyes, but to their utter disappointment, she went right back to sleep! 

They’re only hope now is Yongsun.  Except, givin the slight snoring the mic is picking up, they’re pretty sure she’s in deep deep sleep.

The PD-nim have to go to the big guns now.  He texted Byul’s CEO as well as Yongsun’s manager the situation, asking if they can call their artist and pretend to talk about work or something, anything, just to wake them up.

The PD made a few mistakes.

His first mistake was in assuming Byul’s CEO would help him. Byul’s CEO knows her too well and knows how she can't sleep with camera around ( for him that she apparently can when Yongsun is there), so he knows immediately what she’s doing.  

His second mistake was texting both him and Solar’s Manager in the same group message, thus, providing him with her phone number.

The PD’s last mistake was in assuming Byul’s CEO would not assist Byul in her prank. 

Her CEO immediately called the manager, 

“Hello?”

“Hello Solar’s Manager-nim, i’m Moonbyul’s CEO.  I assume you received the text from PD-Nim?”

“Oh hello sajangnim!  Deh!  I’m just about to call Solar-shi!”

“I am requesting that you don’t.”

“E-eh? I’m sorry?”

“Do not call.  Pretend you didn’t get the text. He wouldn’t know.  Then, in an hour or so, text back apologizing that you just saw the message but unfortunately, you are in a meeting and cannot call her right now. Can you do that for me manager nim?”

The poor manager was so confused, but in the hierarchy of her work, Byul’s CEO is in a higher position than the PD, so she listened to him.

“Deh, i understand,” 

“Thank you,”

She hung up the phone, utterly confused. 

On the other hand, Doon screenshot the text and sent a message to Byul:

[you owe me one kid]

Then he proceeds to ignore the message, leaving the poor PD and crew in limbo.  

And that’s how time passed by, Byul and Yongsun sleeping and the crew members not knowing what to do.  This literally never happened before.

They actually manage to get in a good amount of sleep, with Yongsun slowly waking up at in the afternoon, only about 1.5 hours left of filming.

She slowly lifted her head off the couch and looked down at Byul, who she saw was still sleeping.

Letting a small smile grace her face, she continues to stare at the girl, not wanting to move or wake her up.

In contract, Byul was already awake, she been awake, and felt Yong waking up. SHe pretends to still be sleeping, wanting to see what the older one would do.  What she didn’t expect was to have her just stares.  She tries to keep her blush down, but she felt it rising, so in an effort to hide her embarrassment, she opens her eyes.  Only to immediately latch onto the brown eyes looking down at her.

Yongsun was so shocked, she jumps, “OMG!”

Poor Byul because due to Yong’s shock, Byul landed on the floor, “Oowww Unnie” she mumbles as she slowly sat up, 

“Omo!  Are you okay??” Yongsun slid down to the floor and grab her face, checking her over, 

“Why??”

“Yah you scared me!”

“Me? You’re that one looking at me!!’

“I-i didn’t expect you to wake up right then!” 

“Not my fault, ooowww” 

“Oh stop it, you're fine”

“No i’m not, unnie”

Yongsun doesn't know what compel her to do this, but she leans in and gave Byul a small kiss on cheek, “there, all better” 

Her brain caught up and she hurriedly stood up, “I’m going to wash up,” and speed walked away, leaving Byul there.  Sitting on the floor processing what just happened. After a few minutes, Byul shook her head and got up, checking her phone, only to laugh at her CEO’s text.

Just in time too as Yongsun walks out, 

“What’s so funny?’

She showed her the text, causing Yongsun to laugh as well.

Byul turns to go wash up and in the bathroom, she got a text from Yongsun

[From Yong 🪐:  hey, i have an idea for another prank]

[!!! Yes please!]

[We’re millennials are we not?]

[yeah?]

[So instead of speaking, lets just chill on the couch and text]

[I love it! So proud of you unnie!]

So Byul walks out the bathroom with her head down, texting on her phone.  She plops down next to Yongsun, not once taking her eyes off her phone. Yongsun, who was curl up at the end of the couch, simple gazed at her before going back to her phone.

[I’ve never done something like this before]

[I haven’t either unnie! they’ll probably have a bunch of activities for us next week]]

[LOL yeah. This is kind of thrilling]

[Have I made a bad girl out of you??]

[perhaps, depends]

[on?]

[your preference ;)  ]

Byul fake cough into her hand in an attempt to cover up her red face, 

[Lol]

[you're mean unnie]

[not my fault you can’t keep up]

Byul stealthily glares at her, then type back, [oh Yong, trust me, I can keep up]

It was Yongsun’s turn to fake cough to cover up her blushing, 

[lol] byul text back out of revenge, 

[mean :( ]

[what do you want to eat later] Byul texted, changing the topic,

[anything, maybe French?]

[trying to get me drunk on wine Unnie?]

[Maybe, would you let me? ;) ]

[I think you’d find, Yongsun, I’ll let you do a lot of things to me]

Yongsun dramatically smash her face into the couch, trying to get her heart back to normal and her face color back to normal as well.

[wth was that?]

[shut it, you’re embarrassing me]

[only the truth Yong]

[ugh even in text]

[lol but French, for real?]

[sure, if you don't mind? Or maybe Italian? Or Japanese?]

[hm… unnie, can i surprise you from the three choice?]

[fine fine]

They heard a knocking on the door, “Solar-shi, Moonbyul-shi?  FIlming is done for the day, you can come out now!”

They share a smile, hearing the annoyance in his voice, and walked out to the crew.

Yongsun then notice her manager waiting for her

[oh crap Byul, i forgot to tell manager unnie to not pick me up]

[unnniieeee]

[I’ll talk to her, wait for me]

Yongsun ran over to her manager after the crew took off her mic, 

“Unnie, I’m gonna go with Byul, you can go unnie.  Sorry I didn’t tell you before hand”

Her manager looks at her and then shook her head, “you two *sigh* - i hope you had a good nap”

“Oh haha, it was fun”

“I never thought that you would be pranking on set like this”

Yongsun shrug, not having anything to say and her manager doesn't sounds mad, more amuse than anything. 

“Go, have fun with your wife, she’s waiting for you” she jerks her head to where Byul is sitting on the curb, leaning back and forth like a kid.

She noticed them looking at her, and wave.

“I never thought Moonbyul is like this,”

“Yeah, isn’t she the cutest?” 

“...i never said she was cute”

‘...right! Bye unnie!  See you tomorrow!” 


A/N - I was watching I live alone and thought that if  I was on that program, I'd literally spend the day sleeping. My laziness know no bound. Then i thought if anyone actually tried to do that (most likely not because they’re all professionals) but it was a fun thought and so, this came out.

Also THE BEST Album came! I want these pictures as posters my goodnes they're all so beautiful and the shots ugh i need these frames!! and i've been non stop jamming to all the songs on Music since it was released.  I have to say, i was not ready for Youre The Best 2021. One second in and I was dying.  All the other ones i had an idea of what to expect but not this, this was a complete shocker.   My fav have to be Paint Me Orchestra Version. Ive love it since their concert and now to have it to stream so happy What an opening what a song what a mood

Have you lovely people had a chance to listen to the full album?  What are some of your fav and/or suprised?

And i hope you enjoyed this chapter!  I'll try to update faster! 

As always, THANK YOU for sticking with this story and for liking it :)