Plans and Insults?

MOONSUN WE GOT MARRIED!

(The first part of this chapter is full on business meeting.  It’ll  most likely be boring to read hhaa but the 2nd half gets better, promise!) 

Byul walks into the meeting looking like the CEO that she could be, smelling like she owns the place (Creed Aventus - her go to when she needs to make a statement). She resolves to handle this meeting and comes out on top. She didn’t get to where she is by letting other people make decisions for her. Success only comes if you take initiative, not play catch up.

She’s the first one in the business room.  Most people would say that if you're the hot shot, you should be last, but that’s a lie.  There’s no power move in making people wait for you.  No, the real power move is being the first.  If you're last, you walk into a room that’s relaxed, a room that allows people to talk and exchange notes and prepare, and yes, they shut up when you walk in, and tension rise as the meeting start, but have you ever make them sit in that tense silence, waiting for people to filer in, not giving them room to breath at all?  No time or space to talk and discuss with each other? No room to maneuver and plan where and how to sit, and with who? If you're first, they walk in and have to make a decision then and there. That is power. 

Just as expected, two people from RBW walks in, talking animatedly,  only to stop and freeze seeing Moonbyul sitting at the end of the table with a folder open, impeccable and ready to start. 

She stood up slowly, making eye contact with them and bow to them in greeting.  They hurriedly and clumsily bow back, before taking a seat on the other side, hushed and tense. There, the three sat in the office in silence.  Byul was writing something in her folder (nothing really, but it makes people nervous, which is what she wants.  People are less likely to be able to hink and plan when they’re nervous), and the other two are sitting there nervously, glancing at each other, not daring to speak.

A few agonizing (for the two employees) minutes later, her CEO walks in and sat the the other end of the table, creating a barrier of sort, with her on one end and him on the other, it makes everyone else feels trap.  Again, all a tactic to ensure they get the best deal.  He too greeted the RBW employees, but unlike Byul, he sat there with his elbows on the table, hands clasped with his chin resting on it, and simply observed. Byul had to hide a smile at the fear that practically radiates off the two employees. She feels bad but at the same time, she knows this is what they must do. They’re at a disadvantage here: RBW called the meeting, not letting them know what it’s about. How can they possibly prepare any objection or suggestion when they don't even know what this meeting is about? They’re in this blind and need all the advantage they can.

Finally, RBW CEO and her CEO’s Personal Assistant walks in.  The PA sat next to her CEO of course, while RBW CEO sat across from his employees.

“Hello everyone, I’m Kim Do-Hoon, Co-CEO of RWB, thank you for agreeing to meet to quickly,” he greet them, well mainly Moonbyul and Doon.

Doon stood up an introduce himself as well, “I’m Doon, CEO of Star Entertainment, thanks for having us today. Shall we get started?”

“Yes, as you know, two of our artist, Moonbyul-shi,” Do-Hoon nods at Moonbyul, “and Solar-shi are both on a show together. My colleague have informed me of a fast developing…” here he paused and glazed at Moonbyul before looking back at her CEO, “...friendship, and we would like to discuss further about this.”

Byul tighten her fist under the table, but above the table, she’s calm, with her other hand spinning a pen lazily, “Of course, what do you have in mind Do-Hoon-shi?”

“Shi?” One of the employee whispers, but not softly enough, 

Doon jump in, not wanting them to think that Moonbyul is being disrespectful, and he knows how vindictive she can get when people question her authority in these types of meetings, “Deh, Moonbyul-shi owns 45% share of Star Entertainment.  I owns the other 55%.  Moonbyul-shi is the head director of music as well as main producer.  If this company ever go public, MoonByul-shi would be head of the board of directors.”

(A/N -  i don't know if calling him ‘-shi’ is slightly disrespectful? I’m thinking she should have called him sajangnim? But since she’s like kind of head of the company too,  ‘-shi’ makes them on even grounds.  This is what i’m going with lol) 

“A-ah, deh” the employee awkwardly looks away, he didn’t mean for his comment to be heard.

“Woa, that’s very impressive Moonbyul-shi!  But yes, back to the matter at hand. The friendship between Solar-shi and Moonbyul-shi  is going to cause a lot of rumors. Now, before you say anything, please know I’m not here to interfere with your personal life.  You may not know, but Mamamoo have the most LGBT fans, and the fandom is known as being a safe space for everyone.  It would be hypocritical of us to ban our artist from developing friendship with people of the same gender, or you know, however they identify.”

Moonbyul and Doon briefly glanced at each other before focusing on Do-Hoon.

“We just want to be prepared.  We want to create an open communication channel with Star Entertainment, in the event that a rumor does occur, we can communicate quickly and release a statement that does not contradict one another. We also want to do more collaboration with Moonbyul-shi and Mamamoo, and with our newer groups as well if you’d like. But for now, we’re proposing creating an PR department consisting of both of our employees who have the power and authority to work independently in events of emergency dispatch reports.”

Byul and Doon sat staring at each other, speaking without words for a minute or so as they digest the information.

With an imperceptible nod of her head, Doon took over, “That sounds like a reasonable plan, however, Moonbyul-shi is her own PR department.  While we do have a PR department, they don’t get involved with Moonbyul-shi. Thus, for this department to work, Moonbyul needs to be in it.  As such, Solar-shi must also be part of it, as it would only create problems if she’s not but Moonbyul is.”

Do-Hoon frown, unsure if work and personal life should interact like this.  

Byul notice and took over, “We can establish a policy in which both companies simply acknowledge the rumors but admit you don't know anything.  Something as simple as ‘We respect our artists privacy and don't involve ourselves in their private matters. We will contact them and should they wish to say anything, then we will release a statement on their behalf.’ will work to buy us time to talk it over, and also, from the public’s perspective, will put both companies in good standing that we value and respect our employees.”

The two employees from RBW nod along, agreeing that this will be a good PR move for the company regardless of the rumors.

“Yes, that is good, but in this case we won’t need an inter-company PR department.  We can just call up a quick meeting.” Do-Hoon reply, already doing some mental calculation, as they don't need to hire more people.

“You mentioned earlier you want more collaborations. We can create a joint subsidiary company to allow both sides to work easier with one another.” Byul proposed, already thinking of songs for RWB artists.

Doon nods, “We can send over a financial proposal for the subsidiary in a week for you to go over with your company. In the meantime, are we in agreement over the joint statement as Moonbyul-shi propose? 

“Yes, we are, and yes, a report would be great thank you.” 

Do-hoon scribble something in his folder before looking back at them, “That is all I wanted to meet about.  Is there anything else you would like to discuss?”

“I think that’s all for now, we will get back to you with the report.”

They all stood and shook hands, and as Do-hoon was shaking Moonbyul’s hand, he shared with her that he loves her new song and jokingly  said, “Good thing you didn’t name it ‘sun’.” 

Moonbyul blushes as he chuckles and walks out of the room.

Once it was just Byul and her CEO in the room, she sigh and flop down on the chair, “Well, that went well,”

“Yeah, they’re nice. I’ll get the report to them. Did you sleep well? You should get more sleep. Oh and nice song,” Doon said to her all, not keeping to one topic.

“Yes. Okay. and thanks.”

“Should we be expecting more of these songs from you?”

Byul nods, “yeah, lots more hopefully,” 

“I’m glad,”

“Glad?” Byul tilt her head to him, 

“For the past few years, your music has been...stagnant. I didn’t want to say anything because it’s your art, but i’m glad that you're expanding yourself again.” 

At this, Byul shook her head, “Not expanding, retracting.  I’m going back to my roots. I’m going to nature my roots before I grow more branches.”

“The stronger the roots, the bigger the tree.” Doon reply sagely then he stood up and pat her shoulder, “Your happiness is important Byul-yi, and I’m glad you're finding that with music again. Enjoy your BBQ tomorrow kid.”

Byul sat there for a few more minutes before leaving as well, texting Yongsun as she walks.

Yongsun was relaxing after exercising at home while listening to Saturn when she got a text. 

[From Wife ✌️: Meeting done :) what ya up to?]

Smiling, Yongsun laid down and replied

[to Wife ✌️: just in time, i just finish exercising resting now]

[from Wife ✌️: ew, exercising]

[to Wife ✌️: Hey you exercise too!]

[from Wife ✌️: Doesn't mean I enjoy it, you at the gym?]

[to Wife ✌️: no, at home]

[from Wife ✌️: that’s worse, why are you exercising in your own house??]

[from Wife ✌️: the home is a sacred place]

[from Wife ✌️: you should not defile it with something as demonic as exercising]

[from Wife ✌️: especially on your day off]

Yongsun burst out in laughter at Byul’s description,

[to Wife ✌️:  fat doesn’t rest, how else am i to maintain my figure?]

[from Wife ✌️: there’s other ways to stay fit]

Yongsun blushed at that, thinking of the ‘other way’

[to Wife ✌️: eeewww no you greaseball]

[from Wife ✌️: weh??? How is that greasy??]

Yongsun, not knowing how to answer that, stay silent.  A few minutes pass when her phone beep again.

[from Wife ✌️: OMG NOT LIKE THAT YOU ]

[to Wife ✌️: I”M NOT A WHAT ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO THINK??]

[from Wife ✌️: uh if that’s your first thought, then you are a ert!]

[to Wife ✌️: what were you thinking off??]

[from Wife ✌️: like, hiking? Martial arts?? Sports??]

[to Wife ✌️: those are exercises too]

[from Wife ✌️: not really!  They’re fun physical activities with the added benefit of staying fit!]

[to Wife ✌️: wow you really are a writer!  What’s next, you’d tell me a waitress is just a table technician?] 

[from Wife ✌️: hmp]

[from Wife ✌️: meanie]

She can just image Byul pouting and huffing out her cheek like a hamster, 

[to Wife ✌️: where are you?]

[from Wife ✌️: studio]

[to Wife ✌️: planning another surprise drop?]

[from Wife ✌️: wouldn’t be a surprise if i tell you]

[From Yong 🪐:  ugh you're such a loser face]

Byul, who was chilling on the couch in the studio, sat up and reread the last text over and over again, unable to comprehend. 

[to Yong 🪐:  ?!?!? a what???]

[from Yong 🪐:  loser]

[from Yong 🪐:  ]

[from Yong 🪐:  face]

Byul blinks, her mind is going a thousand mile an hour trying to figure this out. Clearly this is an insult but she’s more confused than anything and said as such, 

[to Yong 🪐:  i’m so confused right now]

[from Yong 🪐:  yeah ‘cuz you're a loser face]

A fellow producer at the company walks in, thinking the room is empty, and see her,

“Oh sorry Byul-yi, didn’t know you're here!  I’ll use the next one. Are you okay? You look lost?”

Byul waves her phone at him, “She called me a loser face”

She blinks, “a what?”

“Exactly! I can’t be insulted if I don't know what it means??” 

“You..want to be insulted?”

“That’s not the point,” Byul continues to stare at her phone as if it’ll give her the answer, but Yongsun never follows up.

“Who are you texting anyway?”

“Yong-unnie”

“Who?”

“Mamamoo’s Solar”

“Ah, you're TV wife, how’s that going?”

At that, Byul looks up and beam at her fellow producer unnie, “great!  She’s amazing, we’re going to BBQ tomorrow with the other members”

“That’s nice that you're making friends, i’m proud of you!”

Byul pout, “Unniieee i’m not a kid”

“No of course not, children makes more friends than you,”

“UNNIE”

She laughs at Byul’s expense.  It’s always fun to tease Byul, especially when Byul is normally the one doing the teasing, “I’ll leave you to decipher that insult, see ya!” 

Byul pout along and flop back on the couch, 

[to Yong 🪐:  Even producer unnie didn’t know what you're talking about! Hmp!]

Byul didn’t get a reply back after some time, so thinking Yongsun is busy, she turns her phone on Do Not Disturb and got to work, but not before pouting and getting in one last message, 

[to Yong 🪐:  i’m ignoring you now 😤]

After not getting a reply, Yongsun decides to go shower  and when she came back out, she immediately checks her phone.  Chuckling to herself, she tease the younger girl, 

[to Wife ✌️: lol you had to go and ask?]

[to Wife ✌️: you really are a loser face]

[to Wife ✌️: it’s cute]

[to Wife ✌️: lol okay text me when you're done ignoring me]

Yongsun was so enthralled, standing there in her PJs fresh form the shower, smiling at her phone like an idiot, that she didn’t notice her sister, Yonghee, coming home.

“Yah, stop smiling like that, it’s creepy”

“AAAHH” Yongsun screams and jump, scared out of her wits.  She really didn’t hear her sister coming in.

‘Jeez Yong, chill out.  Seriously, who are you texting to be looking like that?” 

Yongsun glares at her sister, “My wife!”

Jaw drop.  Yonghee is a huge, like HUGE, fan of Moonbyul and she absolutely freaked when her sister told her she was filming with her.  Yongsun never told her sister she got Byul’s number though.

“LET ME SEE!!” Yonghee lunge at her younger sister, desperate to get her hand on the phone, 

Yongsun's eyes widen as she tries to scramble away, “NO! STAY BACK!”

“I'M YOUR UNNIE!” 

“BACK OFF!” 

Yongsun ran away screaming with her sister chasing after her.  As always, her poor neighbors won't be getting any rest today either.