Baekhyun

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I will take care of this, you don't have to worry" your forefinger pointed towards the bottles of milk laid flatly on the floor, assuring Baekhyun you will clean everything up at the rooftop but he didn't even pay much attention, just bobbed his head and left the scene as if he didn't care at all.

Why do you feel sad? Why do you feel like your heart was torn into pieces? As your eyes followed his shadow disappearing from the door, tears started streaming down on your face. It's uncontrollable, you couldn't stop yourself crying but you didn't know why. In your head, there was only one reason why Baekhyun didn't even want to talk to you now. It's because of the rumour circulating around you. You wiped away your tears with the sleeve of your blazer, drinking the banana milk you bought for Hyejin.

You almost choked when you finished the tenth bottle, felt the urge to throw up from drinking too much. Can you handle this? You should be able to do this, Yujin... Slapping your cheeks repeatedly, forcing yourself to finish everything that you ended up puking.

After the torment, you didn't want to go to class so you hid yourself in one of the stalls in the washroom. You couldn't forget Baekhyun's gaze earlier, how it emanated ruthlessness as if he no longer care about you and the friendship you treasured. It was the same gaze your friend gave you when they knew about the rumours.

When will all of this end? What if Jaehyun, Jelly and Moonyeong look at you the same way after they know about the rumours? You really don't want that to happen...

You didn't know you'd crumpled up like this, just why things never go your way? You hoped you could prolong your happiness, joy and love you shared with the ones you enjoyed being with. But the fear you'd been experiencing was just too overwhelming. Why Yuhyeong oppa has to appear now? You're really really scared of him. What if he appear out of the blue? You weren't ready to see him yet. 

As tears welled up in your eyes, you sighed heavily, feeling hopeless and disappointed with yourself who couldn't seem to find a solution with the numerous problems you were facing now. Letting your head drop, you kept fiddling with your fingers, curling up into a ball, wiping your tears away once a while that your eyes turned puffy and red. Are you that useless? Yujin-ah why are you so pathetic? 

You only left the washroom when you heard the last bell rang, getting ready for the student council meeting after school. 

You should've expected rumours spreaded everywhere that once you entered the room, the members kept whispering to one another, stealing glances that you felt extremely uncomfortable throughout the meeting. They're probably talking about you, right?

"The student council does not accept any member who bring dishonour or shame, or involve in a scandal that'll tarnish the reputation of the club by any means so please keep that in mind. We do not tolerate that. Am I right, Yujin-ssi?" Nam Eungi, the secretary of the club purposely directed the message to you during the meeting that you understood what you should've done for them. You should leave the club for good before anything happens.

You nodded while giving a warm smile to her and Baekhyun who was standing right next to her but he wasn't looking at you, not even the slightest. The entire meeting was about delegating tasks for the upcoming cultural festival but sadly they didn't assign you one that you felt so left out, totally shunned by them. 

You were so out of it, constructing sentences in your mind to think on what to write on your resignation letter later. Once they dismissed, you went back to the class, quickly wrote what you wanted to say from the bottom of your heart, thanking your one and only friend for guiding and taking care of you that you were so happy to be one of them. Pressing your lips together, a tear dropped on the piece of paper when you were reminded how Baekhyun persuaded you to join this club, how he's always by your side, how he's always guiding you. You were never this productive and active in school previously but you could do it because of him.

You tried not to be emotional, writing it sincerely and genuine from the heart. You should've expected this, putting an end to an activity you looked forward to everyday, catching the earliest bus to school with Jelly in order to get to school on time and being with Baekhyun, someone whom you trusted while making school rounds together. You didn't know you'd come to this day where you needed to give up something you liked doing. 

Wiping your tears away, you decided to hand in the resignation letter by today itself. Getting up from your seat, you didn't realize the sun was already setting, probably you spent more than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter