Ending

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun left. He'd already left. Words that could kill really crushed his heavy heart into trivial meaningless pieces. He indeed took everything in when you conveyed upsetting and cruel messages just to hurt the love he treasured, wounded his feelings, his pride and most importantly his heart.

Burying your face into your palms as you couldn't bear the sight of him leaving, his back getting further and further away on his motorbike, how his shadow was no longer lingered nearby that you couldn't stop shedding tears, regretting every little moments that you thought you could've done a lot more better instead of breaking his heart like that. Your hands turned into fists, hating yourself for not able to stand up for yourself, always terrified of your stepbrother but what happened has already happened, you shouldn't have cried over spilt milk.

"I-I really hate you, Chae Yujin..." loathing yourself, you sniffled, shutting your eyes tightly. Those words could be forgiven but it'll never be forgotten... You carved a deep scar in his heart and it'll remain there for as long as you live. 

 

 

You tried distracting yourself from thinking about Jaehyun by doing house chores but tears kept streaming down, staining your face.

"You're back" Yuhyeong got back that you jumped a little, startled by his sudden presence from the back. You tried maintaining your composure though you were too cautious and wary of his actions since he was standing just a meter from you. "Oh and you're crying"

He walked towards the fridge, grabbed the door handle to open it and took a glass bottle out. Your immediate reaction was sitting down on the sofa in the living room, knees turned weak when you saw a possible weapon to attack you. You were staring at his hand, gulping down the fear, lips quivering when he lifted his hand up. 

"Why? He dumped you?" he snickered at his own remark then shook his head in disbelief. "Don't tell me he found out you're really a ?"

You were just shaking your head, eyes fixated at the glass bottle in case he'd flung it towards your direction to hit you. You were once again appeared timid before him, that you couldn't help but being like this even though he didn't even do anything to hurt you now.

"Why? He left now because he's tired of you? You must be not worthy for his liking. I guess the problem must be you, huh? People in the town saw how he escorted you to a hotel. They've been talking about you. That guy must've been a fool for having an interest on a -"

​​​​​​"Jaehyun is not a fool-" 

"Jaehyun? Is that his name? Should I kill him? He seems dear to you"

"Y-you said you will only k-kill the ones around me. He's not around me anymore. I'm no longer close to him-" before you could even finish your sentence, Yuhyeong charged forward, his right hand grabbed a hold of your neck, swiftly with force, violently, how his fingers grazed against your skin, squeezed it hard, leaving sharp marks that you immediately took a step back, choking and staggering while keeping your fearful gaze at him. You were stupefied, widening your eyes at him, blood rushing up that your face turned into a shade of crimson red. It was brutal and painful, how he attempted to strangle you. 

"Talk again and I'll really kill him" he glared at you with his intense fiery gaze, fuming furiously. Squeezing his fingers a little more, even more forceful that you started to tear up, as to beg him to stop strangling you. "Don't you ever talk back, shibal"

Yuhyeong has always been vicious, ruthless and cruel whenever he has to face you. He just couldn't stand a miserable being like you at his home and he swore he would never accept you as his part of family. The moment you started crying, your poor hands circling around his wrist softly, pleading for his mercy to let you go, he'd gotten much more disgusted that the temper got the best of himself, breaking the glass bottle that his another hand had been holding by smashing it on the table. 

He pointed the remaining glass on your neck, slitting your throat that your skin was somehow cut opened, bleeding naturally. You couldn't stop your tears at this point that he'd gotten more irritated, manhandled and shoved you against the wall. 

"Stop crying, shibal"

"I-I'm sorr-yy, I-I'll behave..o-oppa.." even though you tried your best at suppressing your tears, you couldn't stop your convulsive sob that he flung you away, resulting you lying on the cold and hard parquet flooring with tiny shattered glasses scraped against your right elbow and forearm. You stared up at him, shaking terribly in fear but thankfully a call was made that he reluctantly fished his phone out from the pocket of his slacks.

"Clean it up" he mentioned before picking his call up so you quickly got up from your position, went to get a plastic bag. You weren't in your right mind when you were collecting the tiny broken glasses with your bare hand, injuring yourself even more, how your fingertips started bleeding but you've turned more than numb that you consciously thought the pain was still bearable.

When Yuhyeong ended the call, perhaps you were completely perplexed and disoriented to actually have the last hope to ask him something you were eager to know.

"When will you stop labelling me as a ''? When will you accept me as your sister? What can I do to have you as my brother?" 

He slumped on the armchair, spreading his legs wide, resting his forearms on the armrest, smirking at your sudden questions. Those questions did lingered for a moment that you blinked at him, waiting patiently for his answers. What are your expectations?

"You have definitely become bold, huh? Stop with the nonsense, I will never accept you as part of us."

Nonsense... Your entire life must've been pure nonsense to him that you began fidgeted with your fingers, pouting, heaving a glum sigh. The questions were somehow important to you and that it will give meaning to your life but perhaps you shouldn't have expectation at all. You were about to continue collecting the broken glasses when Yuhyeong walked past you, purposely bumped his shoulder against yours that you couldn't withstand the sudden strong impact, resulting you falling down. Unfortunately you fell on the head first, throwing your head backwards with a forceful jerk, knocked the back of your head against the edge of a concrete table top.

It occured to you that it must be painless since you only started to experience shortness of breath until Yuhyeong passed by you again to grab something from the fridge. You hadn't have the idea why you couldn't even make a movement with your body as if you're paralysed so you grasped on the hem of his slacks, tightly with your tiny left hand, attempting to get help from him to pull you back up to your feet. But... he just ignored you and left for work.

Breathing became more difficult as time passed that you lifted your head up higher, enduring the discomfort from the back of your head. Tears  began streaming down when you couldn't even get up and how your vision became blurry and as if things around you started floating around.

Are you dying? Is today going to be your death day? You regretted about a lot of things but how come your youth that should be blooming, blossoming and blushing is now ending? This must be your punishment for leaving Jaehyun brokenhearted. You still had a lot in your mind that you wanted to tell Jaehyun but it seemed like your life has come to an end when you could no longer breathe, shutting your eyes slowly with tears staining your face.

"I-I'm sorry Jaehyun" 

 

 

Everything that Yujin has, beautiful memories she kept in her heart and the love she shared with everyone ended the moment she drew her last breath at the place she dreaded the most, at the hideous home where they never accepted her as a part of their family. 

When Jaehyun learned about the sudden death of Yujin, he was no longer in his right mind. Jelly and Moonyeong rushed back home after visiting Yujin's grandma at the hospital to share the heartbreaking tragic news, and went straight to attend her funeral together.

The loneliness, rejection and sorrow Yujin experienced when she was still alive were too overwhelming that Jaehyun stared straight into the potrait set in the middle of altar the moment he entered the funeral hall. Only a small amount of food offerings, with white lilies put in vases in order to respect the deceased. 

Clearing his throat, tears started pooling in his eyes, couldn't restrain his feelings anymore, knitting his brows slowly when his eyes bored into hers. The potrait indicated how dejected and crestfallen she was, wasn't really smiling but rather forcing it just for the sake of the picture. It wasn't even recent, probably taken a few years ago from school as she was wearing her school uniform. Her bangs were parted to the left side, clipped neatly with a candy-coloured hair pin, and the back hair was tied up in a low ponytail.

Jaehyun thought when someone is leaving the world, that potrait should be identified as his/her happiest moments so that he/she can leave without regrets but it was totally diff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter