Fear

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The petite frame that emitted the strawberry scent, so sweet that whenever you passed by, he knew it was definitely you. The voice that sounded like honey to his ears, deep and cute especially when you were angry and complaining in that whiny tone. The hair clips with candy colour, blue and pink that were clasped on the front to prevent your fringe from meeting your forehead, just how adorable it was. The growing baby hair sticking on your forehead whenever you started to sweat. 

He couldn't seem to get enough of you... Every tiny detail he learned just recently stayed in his mind. As his eyes averted to your hair, he believed he would've gone crazy if you ever tie your hair up in front of him, showing your bare nape, how beautiful and ually alluring it was. 

Without even giving much thought, he decided to leave a mark before anyone else as he lifted your hair up softly, gripping the smooth and silky long hair that was wrapped around his slender fingers. Jaehyun leaned in, leaving a kiss, weren't sure if it was a chaste one or when the wet lips met your pale baby soft skin, it a little and the moment he pulled away, a loud popping sound echoed in the entire room. 

You swirled around, doe eyes staring at him in bewilderment. Why? Why does he keep doing this? As a shade of peach pink painted your cheeks, you brought a hand to the back of your neck, rubbing it as if the art he marked with his lips would disappear. Jaehyun took a step closer that you got so aware of the close proximity, you grabbed the doorknob although your back was facing it, turning it a few times nervously and desperately. You needed to leave... Or else your heart would explode. 

Luck was definitely not on your side today, the only light they have in the room was switched off all of a sudden that you got panicked the moment it turned pitch black. Your breathing turned unsteady when darkness engulfed that you stumbled forward, crushing your front against his as you couldn't see anything at all. 

Damn... Sweats were forming again all over your body as you knitted your brows slowly, squeezing your eyes shut, pursing your lips. 

"Jaehyunnn-ah, are you still here?" asking in a disheartened tone, afraid he'd already left this place. 

"Yeah, I'm-" 

His heart skipped a beat when you tiptoed, throwing your arms around his neck swiftly, so tight as if you were asking him to protect you. His brows were slowly knitted when you began to tremble in his arms, letting out sniffles as if you were crying.

You buried your face into his collarbone, repeatedly saying that you needed to go home, pleading him to bring you back immediately. 

"I-I want to go home" muttering the same thing over and over again hence Jaehyun had to calm you down, gently shushing you by on your back softly. That was only when he realized you were soaked with sweat in your school blouse, it was his fault... Feeling guilty, he turned the knob and opened the door, discovered perhaps the school was facing a blackout and since it was already in the evening, only darkness filled the entire building.

Nyctophobia, you have severe fear of the dark and especially after the night your stepbrother locked you up in that dark room... As dark places triggered your memories, you breathed heavily, felt suffocated as you removed your arms away from his neck and grasped tightly on the front of his shirt, tugging on it tightly that it left subtle creases, indicated you were slowly dying due to sudden surge of anxiety. You never know you would show this side of you, in fear and vulnerable. However, you just couldn't think straight, on the verge of tears, not knowing how to deal with this situation. 

Jaehyun found this shocking, eyes turned wide, he didn't know you were this scared, shaking terribly in his arms as he kept caressing your back.

"I w-want to go homee" feeling helpless, you pleaded Jaehyun to bring you back to your grandma's house. You needed to leave this place... 

Jaehyun cupped your face that you cocked your head up but still closing your eyes, trying your best to suppress your uncontrollable tears. 

"Where's your phone?" Jaehyun asked, calm and in a  relaxed manner but you were speaking gibberish. 

"I-I that that ph-one in phon-ne" 

"Hey, hey calm down, Yujin. I'm here. You're safe" he said that, whispered it next to your ear and wrapped his arms around your frame. 

Jaehyun felt bad to be honest, earlier when he cupped your jaw, your body was cold as ice, face as pale as a sheet and your lips were awfully quivering and not to mention your teeth were chattering too. He had to hold you tight as you lost your strength totally, couldn't even stand on your own, depended your weight on him. 

There was a lump in his throat when you started shedding tears. Just what you'd gone through to be this traumatized? You literally became as if you were paralysed, crying silently in your own little world, saying something as if no one was here at all to save you. He had to keep on your back, repeatedly reminded you that he was here with you and that you weren't alone. Calming you down took a lot of patience and effort hence he hugged you tightly in his arms. The fragile, weak and frail you appeared before his eyes causing him to realize something, he wanted to keep you by his side and protect you at all costs.

You were like that for almost half an hour, getting numb from all the unnecessary crying. You were biting your upper lip, wrapped your arms around Jaehyun's waist tighter and buried your face in his chest, just realizing your tears soaked on the front of his sweatshirt. Jaehyun smelled like peppermint, so soothing and calming especially when you could hear his heartbeat, so comfortable and reassuring. You almost forgot that he was the one who calmed you down so as you squeezed his frame, causing Jaehyun to let out a deep groan that you snapped back to reality. 

Feeling your cheeks burning, you released your arms instantly, took a step back. Surprisingly, you just got to know he was the one all the while providing the light within this area with his handphone when you were lost in his embrace. 

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun asked, pretended as if the hug was nothing so you wouldn't be ashamed of yourself for being frightened and broke down in tears when there were n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter