A call

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Save me, Baekhyun-ssi" you were looking up at him with hopeful eyes, filled with sincerity. You realized you'd always bumped into him when you were miserably stuck in a situation. Perhaps he could offer his help but his eyes were no longer assuring, it was remained with void, too cold and dark. You took a step back, eyes were lingered with tears. You didn't want to hear what he would've said next but listened to it anyway because in a way, you still hoped he treasured the friendship like you did. 

"I'm busy-" before he could intently hurt your feelings, someone draped its arm around your frail shoulder that you immediately collapsed, knees turned weak when you realized it was your deadly stepbrother. 

"Let me take my sister with me" 

 

 

You didn't know you'd be this broken-hearted, devastated for leaving your youthful moments behind without saying a proper goodbye to your friends and most importantly, Jaehyun. Perhaps that was for the best because you didn't intend to explain about how you betrayed them in the video either. 

Your stepsister was driving the car while your stepbrother was sitting next to you at the passengers' seats. He had been glaring at you, eyeing you from top to toe, clicked his tongue in disapproval, hissing at how brazen you'd became. 

Lowering your head, biting your lower lip, you'd been feeling uneasy, had the urge to throw up at any minute as you were intimidated by his sudden presence. Sniffles were heard, tears streaming down on your cheeks uncontrollably when the car passed by your grandma's flower shop, thought of her because you couldn't say goodbye to her as well. 

You flinched the moment Yuhyeong oppa handed you a handkerchief, shooting his icy threatening gaze at you, signalling you to stop being pathetically loud in the car. You fixated your puffy red eyes at him, parted your lips slightly, instinctively aware of how close his right hand was. 

"Did you have a great time here?" 

"Is your grandmother rich?" 

"You have a boyfriend here? Does he know how of a you are?" 

You kept shaking your head, maintaining your composure although you were trembling internally, couldn't eliminate the gnawing fear in you especially when he kept his violent abusive behaviours behind a friendly facade. You were contemplating if you should accept the handkerchief, pupils shaking as you were doubting his intentions and act of kindness so he smirked, poking his tongue to the inside of his right cheek, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

 

"Grandma I'm going somewhere far away. Don't look for me. I promise that I'll be fine on my own. Please take good care of yourself and thank you very much for taking care of me. I love you" you sneakily fished out your phone from your blazer, sent a message to your grandmother when you saw Yuhyeong was already sleeping. 

However, much to your disappointment, your stepsister saw you texting someone from the rearview mirror, woke your brother up and caused a scene in the car, resulting Yuhyeong took the phone away from you forcefully and threw it out of the car out of anger. 

You were petrified when he beat you up, grabbed your ponytail fiercely and slammed your head against the back of the driver's head rest. You were shaking terribly in fear, pressing your palms against your ears when he started shouting, cursing harshly at you, how his voice be blasting your ears. Sweating a bucket, you didn't even realize your nose was bleeding when you turned to look at him and your stepsister, Yuri. 

"I-I'm s-sor-ry" you pleaded for forgiveness but he incited to kick you in the shin fervently and slapped you again on your face that you winced in pain, shutting your eyes in anguish. 

"You asked for help, didn't you? er" 

"No.. I didn't-" 

"If you dare to do that, I won't kill only you. I will kill everyone around you and make you suffer until the end" pointing his forefinger at you, with his eyes widened, grimacing as if he could swallow you alive, oozing a frightening vibe that you immediately lost confidence and submitted to his command in an instant. The threatening yet alarming statement to make you horrific was always his significant strength to brainwash you of his capability in putting you at a disadvantage because no matter what, you weren't as powerful, influential as he was. Moreover, the fact that he was a member of the police force encouraged people to believe he was the victim at home while you were the villain to destroy his innocent family.

 

 

Days back at home weren't easy. Your family members acted as if nothing happened when you came back. Your stepfather was the only one who really had no idea while mum probably didn't even care. You had been doing household chores, getting fearful whenever your mum and stepfather got back to work. Your stepfather usually comes back once every few months since he is a truck driver while your mum is a janitor who stays at a hostel provided and comes back only on weekends. 

Your perturbation had gotten worse as days passed. When day comes, you waited for the bright blue sky to turn dark so that the fear of getting beaten will end sooner. Your stepbrother was much more abusive than last time, it got more frequent that you hoped so much everything will end soon.

While you were coping with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter