Lovely

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Moonyeong! Moonyeong-ah... Hajimaa" you were calling her name repeatedly, trying to stop her from embarrassing you infront of Jaehyun but she was just as playful as Jaehyun, sticking her tongue out at you while walking backwards, teasing you for non-stop. Both of you already left Jelly alone at the seating in the arena while you were desperate trying to stop Moonyeong here heading to see Jaehyun. 

You finally managed to grab her hand when you trotted across to reach her, squeezing it a little while pouting at her, looking like a lost kitty asking for treats. If Jaehyun ever knew you misunderstood, you really wouldn't want to live anymore, that'd be really embarrassing, like damn embarrassing, shooing away all the wild thoughts you imagined about their intimacy. You were indeed pleading Moonyeong to have mercy on you. 

"Okay. I'll let you live since you are just like a puppy but... with one condition" Moonyeong bent a little to reach your height since she was quite tall as well, squishing your cheeks.

"What condition?" you asked, your doe eyes staring at her, fingers busy fidgeting with the hem of your shirt because you were somehow nervous with what Moonyeong gonna do. 

"I'll give you missions once in a while" a brow was raised, a sly smirk escaped her lips, showing you her mischievous side you've yet to discover. 

You heaved a sigh of relief, the corner of your lips tugged upwards automatically, flashing her a warm smile. Okay, Moonyeong was just going to give you missions. Probably it wouldn't be too hard but what kind of mission she had in her mind? This was kinda sinister? She was emitting a high-spirited vibe, lifting up the mood so you tried brushing it off, thinking your friend was perhaps being silly or just you thought so. She clung an arm around your neck, waggled her eyebrows playfully at you, already had a plan in her mind to bring you closer to Jaehyun but you were completely oblivious. 

 

Somehow, just somehow... Deep in you, you were relieved that they are just cousins. 

 

While you and Moonyeong were away, Jelly was enjoying her alone time, staring at this one boy who caught her eyes ever since the game had started. She chewed on her lower lip, eyes fixated at this one junior who was doing a slam dunk, attracting everyone's attention of how skillful he was. He was hot and cute, the duality had her heart fluttered crazily in her chest. She was no longer doing the petty tiny flags, eyes solely focused on the competition.

This was probably the first time Jelly felt this way, she wanted to know his name. That was the only thing she wanted right now. Unknowingly, her pair of eyes followed everywhere he went, his dark hair was down, very fluffy just like a golden retriver's fur, she wanted to ruffle those so so badly. His enticing pair of eyes were like bobas swimming in the bubble tea, so shiny, sweet and adorable especially when a cute smile spreaded across his lips, his eyes would glisten brightly just like stars. From the bridge of his perfect high nose to his luscious plump coral coloured lips, those tempting kissable lips of his had Jelly gulped. The scorching sun kissed his skin, he was glowing brightly, his toned physique especially his buff biceps, not too much muscles but just enough was very pleasing to her eyes especially when he slammed using that strong arm of his. He was quite tall, perhaps 6 feet and if Jelly was to stand next to him, the boy would be a head taller than her. That guy was really Jelly's cup of bubble tea. 

She was in her own little world, daydreamed, gazed at him when the basketball from the team was accidentally bounced to the rows of the second seating again. Jelly didn't even realize when the ball rolled softly and slowly landed on her right feet. It was when the said boy came running to where she was at had she got back to her senses, blinked effortlessly as if to make sure if her vision was real.

The boy jogged closer and closer below the spectators' seating in the arena, halted as he reached the first row and then cocked his head up to the direction of where Jelly was at. Jelly was nervous at the sudden encounter, wait why is this happening? She fiddled with the hem of her skirt, chewed on her upper lip, appearing agitated when the boy looked up at her, studied her face for a moment before beamed brightly at her.

"Noona, could you please pass me the ball?" his intention was to retrieve the ball but Jelly was so out of it, couldn't think properly when she finally heard his honeyed voice lingering in her ears.

"N-ne?" 

The boy chuckled in return, realizing how cute this noona was, allowing butterflies or even dragonflies came to flutter, flapping their wings freely and furiously in her stomach. His smile was definitely charming, so captivating that she almost swooned over his striking almost like a model presence.

"I want my ball back" he repeated. Jelly had her brows knitted in return, eyes averted towards his 'balls' instead exactly for 5 seconds.

"Not my balls. That ball" he pointed to the basketball next to her feet. Rosy red flushed her cheeks, realizing she just embarrassed herself like tt.... How could she be this dumb and oblivious? How could she stared at his private area thought the balls he was asking was his own literal balls?

Jelly wanted to run away at an instant, jump into a hole and never come out anymore in her life. This was really embarrassing to the point it could be her dark past. She bent and grabbed the ball, threw it to him without even sparing a glance because she was too shy but little did she know, she accidentally threw the ball that it hit right on his face. The impact wasn't that strong but it bounced right on his face that he jerked to the back, took a few steps back before he managed to hold the ball in his hands. 

 

...

 

She JUST ruined her image and impression to this boy. She had a big 'O' formed on , brought her hands closer to cover it. She was feeling very bad, frowning, so worried as she didn't know how to deal with this situation. She wanted to say sorry but his friends who were waiting for this boy were coming so she decided to run away and flee from the scene.

"Yah! Oh Sehun" 

Jelly couldn't handle the embarrassment so she ran away before the boy could call him again.

 

 

It was already after school hours, you were still in school with Baekhyun although Jelly had left. Jelly gave thousands of excuses that she needed to leave the school immediately, sounding as if she was going to the moon, far away from earth that you didn't know how to respond to your friend. On the other hand, you tried to impress the head prefect, holding the box securely, hands beneath the box, lifting it with all your might, trying your best to leave a good impression as a new prefect. Both of you were walking side by side, bringing those tiny flags arranged neatly in the boxes to be sent to the storage room.

 

Sigh...

 

You halted your tracks when you reached the familiar stairs again. Jaehyun still remained like a stranger to you these days and you were seriously afraid if he no longer wanted to treat you as his friend.

It was when you were getting down on the first step leading below, lowering your eyes to check if your feet securely landed on the right one, Baekhyun mustered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter