His girlfriend?

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Grandma don't remember me? I'm Yujin"

She gasped upon hearing your name, lips were parted when she stood, pushing away those things that were preventing herself to give you a big hug. You saw how her hands were shaking and when she wrapped her arms around your waist, you immediately returned the hug.

Perhaps grandma could've guessed what had happened to you so she didn't ask much but she had been holding your hand, asking how have you and your mom been. She even closed her flower shop early to bring you to a restaurant nearby and celebrate you coming back with a feast. You couldn't be more grateful than this so you tried hard not to appear sad with your current life.

"You ran away from home, aren't you?" grandma asked such a random question when you were eating the fish cakes. You put down the chopsticks on the table, forced an awkward smile. 

"I know you, Yujin. You're just like your father. He ran away from me once and then he had you by chance after meeting your mom" 

"Grandma I won't be here for too long-" 

"I don't mind regarding this but remember you cannot run away from problems all the time. You have to face it no matter what" she said, advising you to stay firm with your stance if you ever encountered an issue. 

"When time comes, I'll face it, grandma" you replied, blinking slowly at her, trying not to cry. Indeed you were reluctant to face it when you decided to run away from home.

You spent almost two whole days being extra clingy with your grandma, helped with the house chores and even went to help out at her flower shop. On the third day, grandma gave you something unexpected that you were now on the verge of tears.

You approached a brand new school uniform placed neatly on the coffee table in the living room. There was even a name tag with your previous surname on, the last name you preferred having as compared to 'Choi' to follow your stepfather's. To be honest, you'd never once own a new school uniform, always reuse your stepsister's one. A tear dropped on that uniform that you quickly rubbed your tears rolling down on your cheeks away with the back of your hand. Indeed, you missed the life before this.

"Thanks grandma. I promise I won't be here for too long-"

"I don't mind, sweetheart. Stay as long as you want, okay?"

You wrapped your arms around her waist and buried your face in the crook of her neck, squeezing her body, inhaling her welcoming daisy scent and kept muttering 'thanks'. You were really delighted to receive a gift from her to start a new life here. 

 

 

You wore your new school uniform, checking yourself in the mirror several times. You knew different schools had different school uniforms and you had to admit this one was quite flimsy, tight but fit to your slim body shape. Even the skirt with tartan pattern was kinda short, two centimetres above your knees but you had a dark blue blazer to cover your short sleeve white blouse. That one feature you had to point out was the small tiny bow with baby blue colour tied around your collar. You loved this small detail the most.

You were alone at home while grandma had already gone for work. You took all the school-related documents along with a school backpack grandma bought and waited for Jelly. According to grandma, she said she sent you to a school same as Jelly and Jaehyun so you wouldn't be too lonely at school. Since Jelly's house was just nearby, two houses away, you sauntered to hers because you didn't know the way to school.

Jaehyun got out first, slipping his feet into his sneakers. He didn't even spare a glance when he walked past you. Okay, now you were convinced he held grudges of the past at how you bullied him. You were just gazing at him as if a Greek God just passed by, with a halo floating on top of his head. How could a crybaby change that much? He used to be very wimpy, weak and short when he was young but now he had changed to a completely different person, a man to be exact.

On the other hand, like how she was in the past, Jelly would be the one extra late as compared to his brother, running out of her house, slipping her feet into her pair of sneakers clumsily. Her eyes lit the moment she saw you.

"Oh my god, you're here. Wait, are we going to the same school?" she was glad that both of you were going to attend the same school in the neighbourhood. While on the way to the bus stop, she expressed her frustration at how she always got late but Jaehyun, her twin never really cared about waking her up. The way she spoke, you had to admit Jelly was very adorable with her small pouty lips, complaining like a little kid like how she used to be. You were just smiling on the way, it had been such a long time to chat with your friend openly like this. You remembered those days when your stepsister spreaded rumours at your previous school resulting you to be a loner with no friend at all.

Once you got to the bus stop, Jaehyun was already there, listening to his playlist through his phone. It seemed like he liked to be alone, tucking his hands into his pants while spacing out, looking at the cars passing by on the street. At the corner of your eyes, you caught him checking his sister, Jelly, making sure she was near him and somehow he averted his eyes to you and the moment it locked with yours, it became awkward. Like the cold awkward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter