Misunderstanding

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't touch me. I won't give you back your shirt" stomping your way out of the locker room, leaving Jaehyun alone here. You didn't know why you were this upset about what he said. 'Don't touch me', this phrase kept on repeating that you said that again just to make him feel the same way you do.

 

You are going to ignore him for real this time... 

 

However, you regretted for shouting at Jaehyun the moment you reached the stairs, you grabbed on the railing and halted your tracks. Images of him saving you right at this place once when you clumsily fell into his arms struck your mind. You felt bad to be honest, just what are you doing?

You buried your face in your palms out of frustration. How could you say like that to him? Why do you even say something like not giving back his shirt? You just blurted out something you don't mean when the temper gets the best of you. It was his shirt to begin with. You stared at yourself, eyes gazed down sullenly to his huge shirt covering your small frame. How to go back to class in this?

Brushing away those thoughts, you shamefully tucked in the hem of Jaehyun's white shirt into your skirt so it wouldn't look way too big on you and ran back to class.

 

What a dramatic you dealing with this in such a childish way...

 

Ever since that day, you really didn't talk to him, at all. You meant, AT ALL... 

 

It was already the third day (no conversation with Jaehyun) when coincidentally you were placed in the same group with him during the Science lesson. You were stuck in between him and Baekhyun, Jaehyun on your right while Baekhyun on your left. To be honest, you really had no idea why you ignored him again. You were kinda hurted by what he said but most importantly perhaps he had seen something he shouldn't have? You weren't sure... But by now you'd already forgiven him. You were no longer angry with him and somehow you wished that both of you could be normal friends again.

Your right arm accidentally brushed against his when he came back with the apparatuses in his hands as he settled down next to you. Your head turned to his side and gazed at him, had him doing the same towards you. He thought you were uncomfortable at the slight bump so he decided to switch place with a girl classmate.

"Sunmi, can you switch place with me?" he asked the girl who sat opposite of him politely but you were somehow hurted by his action. For these past few days, you weren't the only one ignoring him as Jaehyun was also doing the same towards you. After Sunmi sat next to you, you were gazing down gloomily, fidgeting with the hem of your skirt. You seriously had no idea on how to start a conversation with him again.

On the other hand, Jaehyun's fantasies about you were finally coming to a halt. His conscience as a boy was awoke by now. He was having it hard, he couldn't stop imagining about you even after he got back home the other day (especially at night) but now you were wearing a school uniform again in his eyes which he felt less guilty.

He opted to stop talking to you, that was his decision. He was afraid you were going to be uncomfortable with his presence so he purposely stayed away if that'd made you feel better. After he unintentionally entered the room and saw your bare skin, he felt bad and sorry (or not so sorry) and knowing you had started ignoring once again had him realized you had the right to hate him after all.

He got it clear when you stared at him, that unfamiliar gaze with discomfort in your eyes as he accidentally brushed his arm against yours so he switched his place with another classmate in order for you to stop feeling uneasy around him. He tried understanding you from your point of view, certain you would've disliked him especially when he threw the ball at you, witnessed something he shouldn't have and sighed... He wasn't really sure. Deep down, he wanted to talk to you again but he would want to give you space and when time allows, he would apologize to you, genuine and sincerely. He wouldn't want to hurt your feelings for now, not even the slightest. 

You were on the verge of tears when he switched place with Sunmi and now sitting with a girl so much prettier than you. You pouted, staring at them intently. The girl was definitely trying to flirt around, acting weak that she couldn't open the cover lid of some glasses then passed to Jaehyun. So he preferred sitting with a pretty girl and not you?

You stopped your judgement about the girl just because somehow deep inside you, you were fuming and couldn't control your own unstable emotions. Didn't have the idea on why you even felt like crying just because Jaehyun no longer talk to you nor even sit next to you.

Baekhyun nudged you lightly from the side had you snapping back into reality. He was asking for help to hold the test tube for him and he would pour some blue liquid into it. You listened to his instructions well, shifted your attention into the experiment instead of Jaehyun.

A lovely smile finally spreaded across your lips when the blue liquid after mixing with the pink one now turning purple. You were fascinated by the change and Baekhyun next to you was relieved after sensing how gloomy you were ever since the class started.

"Fascinated, huh?" Baekhyun asked, turning his torso slightly to face you, learning your expression. You nodded, eyes still fixed at the test tube brightly. 

"Can I have your phone number?" that was out of the blue had you turned to look at him slightly. Your eyes went wide in disbelief, raising your brows, questioning his intention. Is he trying to hit on you or you think too much? You were stunned at the question and so did the other five members in the same group for this Science project including Jaehyun.

"Don't mind us" Baekhyun said so the others went back to be busy with their project, rolled their eyes at Baek for being flirty with you except Jaehyun. Jaehyun clenched his fist rested on his thigh, knuckles turned pearl white. No, right now he regretted not talking to you.

Baekhyun was exuding the mischievous vibe today, his eyes were glistening and a sneaky smile tugged on his lips, displaying that adorable dimples you'd never noticed before. He shifted closer, his torso leaning towards you but you jerked backwards slightly on reflex, forcing an awkward smile so he grabbed the seat of the wooden stool you were sitting, hands gripped tightly on the sides and pulled it nearer to him. You gasped when you got nearer to him, his face exactly an inch close so you blinked effortlessly at the sudden close proximity.

"Hmm?" raising his brows, he was waiting patiently for an answer but you weren't sure why you were even hesitating. Baekhyun is a nice friend whom you believed you could trust and your grandma yesterday just bought you a brand new handphone so there wasn't any reason for you to say no. Your head automatically turned towards Jaehyun, caught him staring at you. Your eyes locked with his exactly for 4 seconds as if you were asking his permission if you could give your number to another boy. Well, it's not like you've given yours to Jaehyun yet.

That eye contact perhaps meant something, implying you shouldn't talk to another boy besides himself. You lowered your eyes, grabbed the pen Baekhyun was playing with and wrote down the number on his notebook casually.

Jaehyun clicked his tongue, brows knitted at what he saw ahead of him, clenching his jaw and nostrils flaring. He could blow up any time as he poked his tongue to the inside of his right cheek, exasperated, witnessing you flirting with another boy before his eyes. Why does he feel annoyed? He tried distracting himself but to no avail. His another hand was holding the test tube, grasped on it tight, tighter and tighter that he accidentally... 

 

 

PRRANGG!!!

 

 

...shattered the glass into pieces, the broken ones dropped and scattered on the surface of the ceramic tiles had everyone in the lab stopped their experiments at an instant and heads turned towards where the sound was coming from. They gaped at Jaehyun in unison, staring at him intently, shocked and in disbelief. 

Jaehyun grimaced at the sight of his own blood dripping from his hand. He hid his hand behind his waist immediately so he would block everyone's view, appearing more calm than expected and then excused himself when the teacher approached your group to go to the nurse office.

On the other hand, you were stunned, eyes widened with your lips parted. His hand was bleeding... You wanted to help but then saw you Moonyeong from another group rushing and dashed out of the lab most probably to assist Jaehyun.

You felt helpless, staring at those glasses on the floor surface with a few drops of blood on it. It must've hurted him badly...

As the boys started to clean up the space, you made an eye contact with Jelly by coincidence, she had a worried expression plastered on her face, frowning while pouting. She gave you a warm smile, reassuring that Jaehyun should be fine on his own.

You were hesitant t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter