Reunited

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello? Yujin? Is this Yujin? Yujin-ah don't hang up on me. Yujin-ah, I know it's you" widening his eyes, he knew it was you when he heard soft sniffles from the other side of the line. The long pause made him weak in an instant, finally... Finally after days of searching for you, he was relieved you were the one who reached to him first. 

It took you a while to gain back your senses, reminding yourself not to involve him in any miseries you're dealing with but he mentioned something that made you felt bad, heart sinking to the core.

"If you ever hang up on me now, I will kill myself today and you'll regret"

"Don't say something like this..." you replied meekly to his threat of hurting himself just because he couldn't see you. Jaehyun knew how soft hearted you were and you never allowed him saying things like this. Perhaps this was his only way to keep you on the line. After another long silence, you finally wished him. "Happy birthday Jaehyun"

This was the only thing he needed to hear at the moment, he couldn't ask for more since you weren't by his side for almost a month now.

"Is that it after disappearing for a month? Where are you now?"

"I'm sorry.. You can't come here-"

"I will come and find you no matter what. You know I never give up, right?"

"No... Jaehyun-ah I am really very far away-"

"You know it's my birthday today then grant my wish, babe. Let me know where you are right now"

 

Should you let him know? You gave up being persistent for hiding where you are or deep in you, you needed him by your side right now so you told him the place you were at. 

You got anxious knowing the distance from Seoul to here, Chungnam took around 2 to 3 hours on road. While being jittery about meeting him again almost after a month, you hadn't have the idea on how to greet or do what you could have done for him if you meet him later. You were only feeling the guilt, sorry that you made the shoes he gave you dirty, sorry about the video that got viral in school and most importantly not being by his side on his special day.

Fiddling with your fingers, you were getting more and more nervous about meeting him again. Walking from the phonebooth back to the bench, you couldn't stop thinking what he would think of you if he sees you again. Will he hate you for who you are?

The moment you heard vrooming from a certain distance, your head turned towards the source. He came... The Jeong Jaehyun you missed so much has come. It took only an hour that you wondered how much he sped through his journey, how much he cared for you and how much he missed you.

Without even parking correctly, he got off his motorbike, taking off his helmet swiftly. He halted at least 2 meters away, breathing heavily that you thought you saw someone different. Jaehyun was sweating profusely, his hair had grown longer, still soft and fluffy, temples filled with sweats, dripping down to the front neck part of his plain white t-shirt. He was wearing a pair of denim blue jeans, a match to the baby blue track jacket on his frame, oozing how gentle and sweet he was.

Heat rose to your cheeks unknowingly when he kept his icy stare at you for way too long, making your heart punding so fast in your chest, ringing your ears, how it became alive again after such a long time, thrill and excitement rushing back at once upon meeting your first love. You weren't sure how to break the ice or initiate a conversation face to face, getting awkward.

Was it your face? Or how you dress? Or was it your scent? Did everything seemed dirty and disturbing to his sight? Losing confidence with how you looked, you forced an awkward smile, tucking hairs to the behind of your ears, unsure of how to make yourself look decent again. Lowering your head, checking what you were wearing, insecurities kicking in intensely. You must be too hideous that he wouldn't want to come any closer. No, he must've felt regretted that he came-

Jaehyun felt a lump in his throat that he charged forward and threw his arms around your frame, squeezing you in his embrace. What in the world is happening to you? How did he not notice last time? That you were severely abused? That you ran away from home is because of this? His heart was torn into pieces, shattered when he eyed you from top to toe. Your messy hair in a pony tail was evidently pulled by someone from the back, now appearing out of place. There was a bruise on the right side of your face with busted lips, cuts and wounds everywhere he could see from your arms to your legs where your old oversized shirt and wide fit jeans with holes at the hem were not covering.

"I'm sorry, babe. I'm sorry that I wasn't there when you needed me the most" cupping your face close to his, he was studying your face, his thumb caressing your small lips softly. Jaehyun was really heartbroken, regretful that he couldn't take care of you.

On the other hand, you were just staring blankly at him, everything felt surreal, just like a dream. It was like just the two of you existed in this very peaceful space, floating on a cloud. Butterflies fluttering in your stomach when you locked your gaze with his pair of mesmerizing hazel dreamy eyes, swimming with earnest sincerity, and pure love blooming from his heart.

"H-happiest-t b-birthday Jaehyun" you didn't realize you were stuttering when he was this near, making your heart fluttered crazily. Perhaps the burning sensation through his touch, how his slender fingers cupped around your f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter