Bittersweet

Blushing Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's wrong with you? Why are you acting clingy? This is so not you" his tone exuded seriousness, Sehun forcefully released his girlfriend's hand, eyes fixated at Jelly running away from the both of them. He turned around, with clenching jaws, eyes gushing out fire, nose flaring, planning not to tolerate his girlfriend's princess attitude anymore.

"Why can't I do that? That wench seemed like she likes you. You're mine-" 

"Cut that crap. Wench? Yumi-ya watch your mouth" he could no longer compromise as he gritted his teeth out of anger, couldn't even imagine Yumi could mention her so-called childhood friend that way.

"Why? You fell for her?" that question itself made Sehun started wonder if his feelings for Jelly was real and valid. All he knew was that he wanted to get closer to her and know her more. 

"Why? I can't do that? Do you even care?" not Sehun questioning his girlfriend back sarcastically, knowing what she did to him last time. 

"You are going to talk about him, aren't you? How many times do you need me to tell you? It's just a one-night stand."

"And you slept with him. Then you left me. You said you needed time so we were apart for four years. And now you came back, you think we're going to be together like normal?" 

"Why are you blaming me again?" 

"I did not blame you. Can you stop playing victim? I'm really sick of it" 

"No... You are indeed blaming me, Oh Sehun. Why, you don't like me anymore? You like her instead, right? Do you want to break up with me?" 

"Great that you mentioned breaking up again. I've waited for you but what did you do? You ignored me and you went to meet him again, didn't you?"

"How did you know-"

"Is that even important? How could you tell everyone that we are on good terms again? Should we really break up? Should we?"

"Yah, why... Sehun-ah. I was just joking" not the bold Yumi's voice started shaking, who thought she could have everything in her hands when she started whining, complaining. Almost everytime, Sehun would give in and allowed her to do whatever she wanted. She was afraid of losing him this time, regretted her actions when she saw how furious he was. 

​​​​​​"During these four years, perhaps I've already given up. Let's break up, Yumi" he stated it clear before turning and strode towards Jelly.

 

Tears started rolling down on Jelly's face when she didn't realize, how her heart were torn into pieces, knowing her crush will never like her back. She kept walking aimlessly, not knowing where to go when someone grabbed her wrist. She spun, only to face her crush again, Oh Sehun. 

She quickly wiped those ugly tears away that had been blurring her vision with the long sleeve hanbok, forcing a smile while looking up at him. 

"Why are you crying, noona? Are you okay?" he was indeed worried, a frown was formed, studying her face.

"Yes... I am fine, you don't have to worry" 

 

He was sitting next to Jelly on a bench with a safe distance, not knowing that was what Jelly needed the most, comfort. She was bewildered obviously, didn't really know the real intention of him being nice to herself but she didn't want to question his sincerity either, she didn't want him to leave her side for now, that selfish her. She took him a sidelong glance, caught he was already staring at her so she quickly looked back at the front, heat rose to her cheeks, getting the unnecessary butterflies in her stomach. 

"Are you okay now?" he asked, having Jelly only nodded in return, didn't know if this was the right time to fall for him even more. "Can you let me know what happened? If you're not comfortable-" 

"Because the weather is nice" that random ing answer she gave, she didn't want to facepalm herself from blurted out something as random as this, that she cried because the weather was good. 

Seeing how lovely she was, he could only smile in return, unknowingly fell head over heels for Jelly, heart starting beating fast again like how he met her for the first time. He still remembered vividly the day he asked for the ball and she naively stared at his crotch. Whatever she did, it was already engraved deep down somewhere in his heart. It's just that he didn't realize he's already in love. 

"You? How about you? Are you okay?" Jelly asked to break the damn silence after the embarrassment. 

"I don't think I'm okay" 

"Why?" 

"I broke up with my girlfriend" 

Jelly was lost in her thoughts for a moment, parted her lips in disbelief with this sudden announcement whether she should be happy or sad on his behalf. 

"Should I leave?" Jelly was always conscious about someone's feelings and that she should respect it, if he felt uncomfortable with her presence, she ought to leave and give him the space he needed but that wasn't what he wanted.

"Can you stay here?" Sehun asked, grabbing her wrist as to stop her from leaving the bench and remain seating here, right next to him. He just needed her to stay here with him. If she'd asked whether he was all good after the breakup with Yumi, he wouldn't say he was completely fine. He was in love with her and although it was a past that he could no longer cherish, he still thought that he was a little harsh on her earlier. He decided to move on with the thought Yumi eventually will find the right one as well.

It was awkward, the ambience, the air but Jelly remained seated next to him, with him holding her wrist firmly, squeezing it, his slender and delicate fingers were wrapped around her tiny yet milky soft wrist, wanted to keep her nearer, appreciating her company in consoling his soul.

 

 

You were with Jaehyun even after the hanbok festival, just walking around and him taking random pictures of you. He showed you his favourite one w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter